Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
I was more of a Sean/Ellie shipper, but to be honest, I really didn't care for Emma or Sean. I didn't hate them, but I didn't like them either. I was more or less indifferent to them - kind of like how I feel towards Jenna's character now. Basically, I had absolutely no emotional investment in them.

They deserved each other, though.

I feel inclined to agree. Maybe I'm deluding myself, but I really think that to Holly J at least, Spinner would fall into the "first love" category, even if her feelings weren't returned. He was the first person who treated her like a person, instead of hating her from afar or being terrified of her.
I tend to be the same torwards Sean and Emma/Semma. Though, I do kind of dislike them. I started disliking Emma in the season four episode, Secret, when she told Manny that "Atleast I'm not getting pregnant" after Manny figured out what she'd been doing with Jay in the Ravine. And I disliked Sean after the whole, "You ruined her" comment in season six, that he made to Jay when he found out about Jemma's past. I didn't get how Jay ruined her. It's not like Emma was dating Sean at the time and it happened two years, previously, she made her own decisions, and just because she wasn't as innocent as she was when he left, didn't mean that she was ruined. But I did like Semma in the earlier seasons, before all of that drama. Then I liked Sellie. The Spinner/Emma marriage is definitely weird and totally random.

I think so, too. I can certainly understand why he would be. Spinner treated Holly J like a person. He didn't let her push him around, but he was really nice to her and was probably one of the best friends that she could've asked for. He brought out her more....sensitive, softer side too. Jane Says was on TeenNick tonight, and it really shows how much she cared about Spinner that she was making sure that Jane ate/drank and worrying about Jane breaking up with Spinner, again.
SupernaturalLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Cute animals in the icons....really, can't get any better than that.

Oh and those Jane/Holly J moments in Jane Says were among my favorite of that season.

And that confessional scene at the end of Money for Nothing between Spin and Holly J? Definitely on the short list of best scenes for that season.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsuiro-rainbow (View Post)
Add me to the list ?
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupernaturalLuv (View Post)
I tend to be the same torwards Sean and Emma/Semma. Though, I do kind of dislike them. I started disliking Emma in the season four episode, Secret, when she told Manny that "Atleast I'm not getting pregnant" after Manny figured out what she'd been doing with Jay in the Ravine. And I disliked Sean after the whole, "You ruined her" comment in season six, that he made to Jay when he found out about Jemma's past. I didn't get how Jay ruined her. It's not like Emma was dating Sean at the time and it happened two years, previously, she made her own decisions, and just because she wasn't as innocent as she was when he left, didn't mean that she was ruined. But I did like Semma in the earlier seasons, before all of that drama. Then I liked Sellie. The Spinner/Emma marriage is definitely weird and totally random.
I stopped liking Emma after the comment she made about Liberty. I can't remember it word for word, but it had to do with the guy that they both liked or whatever, and it was something along the lines of, "If he goes out with Liberty, what will everyone think of me?" I was just disgusted.

... but yeah, Sean freaking out over having found out what she and Jay did never made any sense to me either. Because first of all, he wasn't dating her at the time - in fact, I think he'd left at this point - and secondly... she wasn't exactly in her right mind. I seem to recall her being slightly, you know, traumatized after having a gun pointed at her? I was glad when Emma called him out on it too, and basically told him to stop putting her on a pedestal (or something to that effect.) It was the only time I liked her.

Anyway... I didn't mind early Emma and Sean either, but that changed as they got older, and out of Sellie and Semma, I just preferred Sellie. I've never really liked any Emma pairings, though - I think she was better off alone. Spinner IS my favorite character though, so I think he deserved better than Emma. LIKE HOLLY J! Man, the writers should've totally just kept him on forever until Holly J left, and then have them leave the show TOGETHER - or at the very least, implied to be together. Kind of like Manny and Jay... ish.

But I'm rambling, so I'll shut up now.

Quote:
I think so, too. I can certainly understand why he would be. Spinner treated Holly J like a person. He didn't let her push him around, but he was really nice to her and was probably one of the best friends that she could've asked for. He brought out her more....sensitive, softer side too. Jane Says was on TeenNick tonight, and it really shows how much she cared about Spinner that she was making sure that Jane ate/drank and worrying about Jane breaking up with Spinner, again.
EXACTLY.

Spinner brought out the best in Holly J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
And that confessional scene at the end of Money for Nothing between Spin and Holly J? Definitely on the short list of best scenes for that season.
Agreed.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I guess I never fully got behind Sellie, because I felt that they weren't meant to last. I enjoyed them but I always knew that it'll be Sean and Emma at the end (But I guess I was wrong after all). Sellie had an amazing dymanic but I always thought Sean's feelings were with Emma. Even though my dislike for Emma was growing quite rapidly back then and I loved Ellie, I couldn't really ignore that. Although, if writers wanted to make Sellie the "it" couple, I would be more than pleased about it. And Emma was really difficult to ship with anyone except Sean, although in season 6 Semma become really hard to watch. But to be honest I really couldn't care less about any couples as long as Jiberty stayed together. I either liked other couples or was indifferent towards them (with the exception of Crash and Cranny, I hated both).

Quote:
I think that the only good thing in season 8 was Holly J and her character development, Can you imagine season 7 Holly J giving Jane something to drink, because of Spinner? It spoke volumes about how much she grew, without losing her snark. I didn't like Holly J and Jane's frienship in season nine, because it was either that or Spolly J's friendship. I think that realistically she would stick with Spinner.

Quote:
It makes us seem harmless, which we are of course

Quote:
Add me to the list ?
You're added. Welcome!
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Found some screencaps from Danger Zone.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Danger Zone is going to be on TeenNick tonight at 9:30! I love that they've been showing the old season eight episodes.

Quote:
I stopped liking Emma after the comment she made about Liberty. I can't remember it word for word, but it had to do with the guy that they both liked or whatever, and it was something along the lines of, "If he goes out with Liberty, what will everyone think of me?" I was just disgusted.

... but yeah, Sean freaking out over having found out what she and Jay did never made any sense to me either. Because first of all, he wasn't dating her at the time - in fact, I think he'd left at this point - and secondly... she wasn't exactly in her right mind. I seem to recall her being slightly, you know, traumatized after having a gun pointed at her? I was glad when Emma called him out on it too, and basically told him to stop putting her on a pedestal (or something to that effect.) It was the only time I liked her.

Anyway... I didn't mind early Emma and Sean either, but that changed as they got older, and out of Sellie and Semma, I just preferred Sellie. I've never really liked any Emma pairings, though - I think she was better off alone. Spinner IS my favorite character though, so I think he deserved better than Emma. LIKE HOLLY J! Man, the writers should've totally just kept him on forever until Holly J left, and then have them leave the show TOGETHER - or at the very least, implied to be together. Kind of like Manny and Jay... ish.

But I'm rambling, so I'll shut up now.
Yeah, I recall that too.

Yeah, he'd definitely already left at that point. Jay made a comment in the episode about Sean. I think it was because it was the first time Emma had been in Jay's car since they and Ellie took Sean back to Wasaga Beach.

Mentioning Manny and Jay makes me wonder how Holly J and Manny would've interacted if Spinner and Holly J had gotten together. Jay and Spinner were best friends and Jay and Holly J got along really well, and were kind of friends. Manny and Spinner get along really well and are friends, but Holly J and Manny never really were. It could've been really interesting to see their interaction.
Quote:

Oh and those Jane/Holly J moments in Jane Says were among my favorite of that season.

Thanks!

Oh they definitely were! It was nice to see the kinder side to Holly J in season eight, seeing as we didn't really get to see it in season seven.

Last edited by SupernaturalLuv; 12-03-2010 at 04:32 PM
SupernaturalLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Mentioning Manny and Jay makes me wonder how Holly J and Manny would've interacted if Spinner and Holly J had gotten together. Jay and Spinner were best friends and Jay and Holly J got along really well, and were kind of friends. Manny and Spinner get along really well and are friends, but Holly J and Manny never really were. It could've been really interesting to see their interaction.
They did have a little conflict back at degrassi so their interactions would be fun to watch. I wish there was more fanfics about those two.
Anyway, I've had this wonderful idea for a banner. It looked so pretty in my head but since neither Photoshop nor Paint.net wanted to cooperate, I've made this:

Last edited by necklace; 12-10-2010 at 09:06 AM
Old 12-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Total Fan

Love that banner

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
ShineSoBright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I'll add it to the OP then. Maybe we could think of some reasons?
Old 12-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 12-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
They would be so perfect together. Damn you writers!

So, reasons?
Old 12-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Loyal Fan

^

They tease!
EClare_x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Old 12-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Total Fan

I may need to rewatch some of their episodes to get quotes for reasons, but here are some off the top of my head:

Because she worked when she didn't have a shift just to be around him
Because he believed in her when no one else did
Because she saved his life
Because we wanted the hot make out session in the teaser to become reality!
Because they pretty much ran the Dot single-handedly and did a damn good job
Because before Spinner, Holly J didn't have a true friend
Because 'I'm in love with that idiot hero guy over there'

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
ShineSoBright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Extreme Fan

^ I love the reasons
Do you gus have any songs that remind you of those two? I would like to add something to the OP. It's so naked. If the Elitz fans could fill the OP, we can surely do the same here.
Reply   Post New Thread