Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Total Fan

My heart still hurts that Holly J and Spinner never amounted to anything after that promo

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
ShineSoBright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
as much as I love Sav and Holly J together, I think that if anything more significant with Spinner and Holly J had ever happened, I'd probably ship it way harder than I do Savvy J. They had such a connection in season 8 which I feel is unmatched by the majority of couples on this show,
Of actual relationships on the show and *almost* relationships, it stands out by far.
It's only real contest would be in the terribly inappropriate category (Anyone who I don't know-see my signature) But those aren;t really the same, so SPOLLY J.!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I definitely qualify Snarcy and Declona as actual on screen relationships. And this isn't at all of topic. Waahh..I must return to the Soldiers of Love thread
Old 11-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Loyal Fan

The few things I did like about DTM was the whole Declan/Fiona/Holly J thing, seeing Jay, and Peter going "Woah! Hammer time!" I agree with that secret. I love all Holly J ships, but I think that I'll always be disappointed that she and Spinner never got together. I think, if they'd gotten together and had ended up breaking up, I still think they would remain good friends.

Quote:
My heart still hurts that Holly J and Spinner never amounted to anything after that promo
The promo had us all fooled. I remember being SO excited about it! Then of course, it didn't happen.

Last edited by SupernaturalLuv; 11-23-2010 at 08:41 PM
SupernaturalLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Add me to the list. I loved that Spin/Holly J/Jay threesome and all the various combos...including Spin and Holly J.

They had a great dynamic.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Added everyone who asked for it

I'm still hoping that the uexpected return Stephen twitted about, is Spinner ready to sweep Holly J of her feet.

I never really shipped Holly J with anyone besides Spinner. I liked Dolly J in season nine, but didn't really care all that much. After LL I don't think it would be appropriate for them to be together. I also can't bring myself to like Savvy J. I thought they had potential at the beginning of season 10, but their storyline was kind of a disapointment for me. That's all I'll say about that, because I wouldn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

Quote:
OH! And even though Spemma came out of nowhere
THAT. He could have Holly J but he rejected her because of Jane, only to go for Emma a year later? I mean, really... Couldn't they just get Spinner together with Holly J in the movie? Fans would have cheered and Fiona would be happy. Who cares about Jane and Declan.

Quote:
They had such a connection in season 8
Ah yes. I think that Holly J is the person she is today, because of Spinner. I'm not saying it in the sense that he changed her or made her a better person (she already was) but rather gave her the courage to be herself. He made her feel safe. She said it herself, that around him she never felt the need to pretend because being herself was enough. Such a touching moment. I think it was that scene that made me ship them. And to think, that before the episode aired I didn't want them to happen. Well, I've been stupid

Quote:
And then TeenNick teased us with the whole Shane/Charlotte commercial, but Spolly J never happened.
Look at the bright side. At least we got the make out session
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necklace (View Post)
Ah yes. I think that Holly J is the person she is today, because of Spinner. I'm not saying it in the sense that he changed her or made her a better person (she already was) but rather gave her the courage to be herself. He made her feel safe. She said it herself, that around him she never felt the need to pretend because being herself was enough. Such a touching moment. I think it was that scene that made me ship them. And to think, that before the episode aired I didn't want them to happen. Well, I've been stupid
Completely agree - people seem to forget that once upon a time Spinner was the only person who gave her the time of day, he listened to her, he was kind to her but he didn't put up with any of the bitchy stuff she pulled, he was a true friend to her.
I first shipped them when he told her she could get through the whole money thing, the way Shane acted that scene was so sweet, I adore it

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 11-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'm still hoping that the uexpected return Stephen twitted about, is Spinner ready to sweep Holly J of her feet.
That would be an interesting twist... but unfortunately, I think he might be talking about someone who hasn't been around in a while. It COULD be Spinner, but I don't think it'll be anyone who was in DTM. I'm still holding out for Darcy. Or someone REALLY unexpected, like... Paige.

Quote:
He could have Holly J but he rejected her because of Jane, only to go for Emma a year later? I mean, really... Couldn't they just get Spinner together with Holly J in the movie? Fans would have cheered and Fiona would be happy. Who cares about Jane and Declan.
But then Fiona wouldn't have gotten character development! (Other than that, though, I agree.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineSoBright23 (View Post)
Completely agree - people seem to forget that once upon a time Spinner was the only person who gave her the time of day, he listened to her, he was kind to her but he didn't put up with any of the bitchy stuff she pulled, he was a true friend to her.
I first shipped them when he told her she could get through the whole money thing, the way Shane acted that scene was so sweet, I adore it
Me too.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
i'm pretty sure the person coming back is...johnny(?) lol allli's ex boyfriend. but i think someone mentioned it somewhere. not sure where i heard it. i would love to see darcy come back though.

i would love to see spinner come back NOT married to emma though. lolol. i miss the spinner/holly j friendship a lot.

samantha | twitter | tumblr
worththeriskx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't really expect Spinner to be the one returning. I would love that but I doubt it's possible I'm pretty sure Stephen meant Fitz, because back then he didn't know Annie confirmed his return I'm pretty sure people tweeted him about that but I can't remember if he denied it or not.

I wish writers didn't go with the Holly J/Jane friendship and focused more on the stuff we wanted to see. I still can't believe she choose her over Spinner.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Even though I really loved Jane and Spinner, I adored Holly J's relationship with him too. They had a good friendship. Also, one of my favorite episodes over the past few seasons is probably Danger Zone, when Spinner and Holly J are held at gunpoint. And when she visits him at the hospital, and he reveals that he heard her when she said she was in love with "that idiot." They were cute. I'm disappointed Spolly J never happened.

Quote:
I don't really expect Spinner to be the one returning. I would love that but I doubt it's possible I'm pretty sure Stephen meant Fitz, because back then he didn't know Annie confirmed his return I'm pretty sure people tweeted him about that but I can't remember if he denied it or not.
I'm convinced the unexpected guest star is going to be Johnny DiMarco.

Quote:
And then TeenNick teased us with the whole Shane/Charlotte commercial, but Spolly J never happened.
I know, right? Why do they love to be so misleading?
EClare_x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And when she visits him at the hospital, and he reveals that he heard her when she said she was in love with "that idiot." They were cute. I'm disappointed Spolly J never happened.
Yes. What I liked most about them was the fact, that Holly J respected his commitment to Jane. So many girls on the show choose to ignore that the guy they pursued was already taken, which always resulted in some pathetic triangle. Holly J never intended to seduce Spinner, never made any advances on him. She just wanted to spend time with him and it was just so endaring and sad at the same time.

I think I'm going to look for some fics.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EClare_x3 (View Post)

I'm convinced the unexpected guest star is going to be Johnny DiMarco.
Being OT here, I would love it to be Johnny!

I think Spinner and Holly J had one of the most genuine and sweet friendships on the show, I wish it had been more and I also wanted a threesome with them and Jay Even without the threesome, they could have become the Candy Bandits 2.0

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 11-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineSoBright23 (View Post)
Being OT here, I would love it to be Johnny!

I think Spinner and Holly J had one of the most genuine and sweet friendships on the show, I wish it had been more and I also wanted a threesome with them and Jay Even without the threesome, they could have become the Candy Bandits 2.0
OT: If it is Johnny who comes back, I wonder if it would be during Alli's whole "running away" storyline shown in the promos? Though he was also friends with Fitz in season nine, so I suppose we could see him talking with him.

Ha, I agree. I loved Spolly J's friendship. I also loved the friendship that we saw with, Spinner, Holly J, and Jay and it was funny that Holly J knew just how to manipulate him into coming to the dance and bringing Spinner with him. Not to mention the three of them in the "If Jay Can't Be Happy" mini. They all seemed to understand eachother really well.

That has to be another reason why I love Spolly J so much. The fact that she tried to help him get back with Jane in season eight, even if this wasn't when we found out that she had a crush on him. And the fact that she didn't try to mess up Spane's relationship, despite the fact that she liked him so much....

I wrote this fic a little over a year ago, when the Shane/Charlotte promo came out: One Night, a Degrassi fanfic - FanFiction.Net Needless to say, my friend and I thought that they'd become a real couple and wouldn't just be our favorite UC shipping, anymore. Of course, that didn't work out at all.

Last edited by SupernaturalLuv; 11-24-2010 at 08:10 PM
SupernaturalLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Yup Spolly J was a big tease.. It shouldve happened. but I made a gif of the awesomeness...

Last edited by padfootsprincess02; 11-24-2010 at 08:46 PM
padfootsprincess02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Total Fan

I love that fic! So cute

Ah the gif

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Reply   Post New Thread