Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

I totally agree! As much as I ship them it was nice to see a guy/girl friendship that had nothing to do with dating.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I was watching an early Season 9 episode earlier tonight (it was during the time Jane and Declan were hooking up) and there was just a brief little moment with these two. It was almost a blink and miss it thing, but it was just enough to highlight the great dynamic they had together. I wish we had gotten to see a little more of that during that season, but I'm glad we got what we did, which was one of my favorite relationships of that era.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

^ Yeah I think that they made a very quick switch from a HJ/Spin friendship to a HJ/Jane friendship and opportunities were lost because of that. I didn't totally disliked HJ/Jane though it's just I think it took away from what could have been a more developed friendship between HJ and Spinner. Like in Degrassi Takes Manhattan when they're joking about Jane having been with Declan, it felt wrong considering that HJ was friends with Spin first. I think that's always going to bother me.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
^ Yeah I think that they made a very quick switch from a HJ/Spin friendship to a HJ/Jane friendship and opportunities were lost because of that. I didn't totally disliked HJ/Jane though it's just I think it took away from what could have been a more developed friendship between HJ and Spinner. Like in Degrassi Takes Manhattan when they're joking about Jane having been with Declan, it felt wrong considering that HJ was friends with Spin first. I think that's always going to bother me.
Yea, I wish they wouldve given them more time to develop a nice friendship at the very least.
padfootsprincess02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

I wish we would have got more of them
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 04-15-2012, 02:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Can you add me?
I really liked their friendship, and I was hoping that they would get together in season 9. I was really disappointed that Holly J didn't tell Spinner that Jane was cheating on him. Spinner was a good friend to her, and she chose to keep him in the dark instead of being honest with him, for someone she had been friends with for one episode.

Also, if you're still doing the survivor game, then I pick #11 to be eliminated.
ChinaTequilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Welcome!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 08-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Extreme Fan

For the 535264268246th time, I'm still upset about the tease video of them hooking up on a photocopy machine. To go from that to almost no interaction in season nine was such a letdown! Without a doubt, one of the most fun and real relationships ever on Degrassi. Current writers make note.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

these two would have been good together.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

source.

Just because.

It is very strange that these two didn't become a couple. Ah well, I guess sometimes the individual character storylines don't allow match ups to happen.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The Jay/HJ/Spin trio...love them. I wish we had gotten to see more of them. And yeah, it is kind of odd that we never got much romantically from Spin/Holly J other then her confessing her crush on him.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I wonder what the reaction in the fandom would have been in Holly J and Spinner had gotten married instead of Spemma. OMG. That would have been kind of amazing if Holly J wasn't like 14 .
Old 09-23-2015, 02:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think the Dolly J fans would have had a fit, honestly. :p But it would be interesting if those two had a teen marriage story line. I don't see it ending well, though, since Holly J dreamed of Yale (assuming they'd still write that in). So she was always going to leave whoever her love interest was behind. I would so read this fan fic.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It is kind of funny that Holly J crushed on Spinner, the guy who is working at The Dot after high school. You would think she might be a bit judgmental. Jane even reacted that way about police school, right? I guess it is kind of nice that HJ overlooked his academic shortcomings but I think that would come out once they were dating.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think she really gave it much thought. She seemed to have a good idea that nothing would ever happen between them because at that point, Spinner and Jane were more solid than ever. If she had just waited a little bit longer instead of moving on with Blue, maybe something could have happened between them?