Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2016, 07:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm curious just how the situation with Miles attending boarding school will play out. Was it an creative decision with Miles being written back in later or is it because Eric is busy at the moment to shoot? When Ali was written out for a brief period to attend an all girls school it was only because Melinda had other projects that needed her attention, but she came back when she was more free to focus on Degrassi again. Hoping Miles and Eric won't be gone too long.

Also, Hunter needs help. Major help. The ending of the finale wasn't a reflection of Hunter realizing his error, but almost a cliffhanger of just what will happen when Hunter snaps again. Watching his behavior truly reminded me of Kip Kinkel and the school shooting he pulled back in 98'.
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Something tells me Miles won't actually leave. I think he was planning on leaving, but I think he's filling in the role of papa wolf for his two siblings (which I admittedly think is really cool). I can't imagine him leaving knowing his brother is this emotionally drained, especially now knowing there's a chance his father will be back in their lives and he's probably one of the worst support systems for a teenage boy.

If Miles does leave, however, I'll be kinda disappointed. He became one of my favorite characters this season (mostly because I'm starting to strongly dislike most others).
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

@Astroman129
Totally support your post. Just with the difference that Miles has been one of my favourites before already. But his storyline has really gotten more intensive this season. And Eric´s performance is so believable it´s been really heart wrenching sometimes.

Miles leaving now would be a total disaster for Hunter - except Hunter goes with him to boarding school. But that would mean taking the hell of a storyline out of the show.
For me they are the favourit sibling relationship in the show. Miles knew what Hunter needed to hear most that moment because he´s been in a dark place himself and I think their reasons for taking the downward spiral aren´t so far away from each other as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okun (View Post)
My guess is that Hunter indeed IS angry at his dad for his crappy behaviour. But on the other hand he somehow needs it, more than Frankie and Miles do, to believe in a loving father. So he can´t be angry at his father and his subconscious deals with it by repressing it and directing it at everyone else when it becomes too much.
So when Miles is clear in the head he has gotten some quite good instincts. Other people may have started with accusations when they would have seen Hunter with the weapon. He knew that a hug was mostly needed that moment.

Helping his siblings would maybe also be part of Miles healing process. To know that others need him to be there and clear in the head should be the motivation he needs to stay away from drugs.
I´m just not sure where they are headed as family. They for sure need their father out of their lives. And their mother for sure isn´t fit to deal with a former drug addict, a depressive daughter and a son who nearly shot down the school. I mean it´s not only their father who has a part in this mess anyway, she did her share of it as well.

Definitely the storyline I´m looking forward to the most (if Miles stays that ist - can´t really imagine it without him).

Last edited by Okun; 01-19-2016 at 06:17 AM
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So are Mama and Papa Hollingsworth the worst parents in Degrassi history? They're in the conversation and that's saying something when you consider the crop this show has shown us over the years.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well I can´t really take a vote in that because I didn´t see all seasons.
But I like that they are telling that not only parents who hit their children on regular basis are convictable but also parents who use manipulation to make the children a tool for their task. It´s something that you don´t see at once and no one would call social service because of it but it´s just as damaging.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It is likely 2 out of 3 Hollingsworth children will end up in serious legal trouble. What is weird is that Frankie, the "good" child, was encouraged to take blame for the Degrassi Nudes. I think the family only sees Miles, whether it is his faults or the son they want him to be.

Unless if Frankie got pregnant. That would get her noticed.

grimesgallagher.tumblr.com

I hope we get some funny moments like this tossed in with the dysfunction and angst they do so well.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Mr Hollingsworth won´t ever know but he really can be proud that he has an oldest son that takes care of his siblings the way he himself isn´t able to. Where was he when Hunter was in hospital? Probably afraid of someone picking onto his son being in the pych ward.

Hunter who pretty much felt like being alone in this world giving Miles a hug was a really moving moment.

I hope they´re not dropping the family story for the sake of relationship drama now that Hunter´s also dating. And Frankie was really missing most of the time in the family storyline. Maybe letting Yael and her become friends will connect her more to the stories of her brothers. Tristan already seems to be well connected to the family and I think it would be nice seeing him take part in the Hollingsworth family story.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The rest of that family should have been more involved in Frankie's story line from this past season, especially her father.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okun (View Post)
Mr Hollingsworth won´t ever know but he really can be proud that he has an oldest son that takes care of his siblings the way he himself isn´t able to. Where was he when Hunter was in hospital? Probably afraid of someone picking onto his son being in the pych ward.

Hunter who pretty much felt like being alone in this world giving Miles a hug was a really moving moment.
I think those moments between Hunter and Miles are extra special when you consider how much Hunter hated Miles. He preferred Dad. It would be interesting to hear him talk about Mr. Hollingsworth now. I didn't think too much about it since I'm not sure if the actor was away on other projects but I like Mr. H's absence being explained as that. Ahhh I just got lovely flashbacks to some Craig and Albert Manning abuse fan fiction.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I think in a way Hunter always believed their father that Miles was to blame for the things that went wrong in their family. I also would really like to hear what he has to say about his dad now. But for me it looks as if Miles has taken on that position. Just like the way he was present when Hunter talked about Sisyphos. IMO he was in the chair usually the father should have been in.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Lots of Hollingsworths action today. Even from Holly.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It will be intersting to see how the twins are handled now that Miles isn't around, although I suspect we haven't seen the last of him on the show.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

dylanevz

Hunter's reaction is the same as mine.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, after they didn´t go there with the Coyne twins, I guess there still is an incest storyline on their to do list. I saw somewhere someone suggesting Frankie and Hunter and even though I don´t see them getting all lovey, I could imagine Frankie turning to Hunter to get rid of the the virginity thing. She sometimes has some weird kind of thinking and I would even put it past her, that she would twist it, so that it would sound logical to Hunter.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I don't think I can see incest with Frankie and Hunter. They didn't have the closeness and dependency that the Coynes had for it to seem believable. I think I would like to see maybe some sibling rivalry , some kind of conflict. But anything that reminds us that they are twins would be cool.