Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't get Holly J and Anya's "friendship". It seems like they're only friends when it's convenient to the plot of an episode.

It's like, whenever they have a fight or stop talking, in the next episode they're best friends again and everything is okay all of a sudden.

I guess we're just supposed to assume that the two of them made up because Anya needs someone to support her since her mom had cancer, so Holly J put their disagreements aside and decided to be a good friend. But they've done the whole "Anya and Holly J make up off-screen" thing too many times for me to take them seriously as friends at this point.

I mean, we did have that scene where Anya tells Holly J about her mom and Holly J lets it slip about her and Sav, and they hugged...was that supposed to be their make-up scene? Because right before that, Holly J was calling her her "ex-best friend".

Their relationship just confuses me.

Last edited by Kwinks; 02-16-2011 at 06:33 PM
Old 02-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinks (View Post)
I don't get Holly J and Anya's "friendship". It seems like they're only friends when it's convenient to the plot of an episode.

It's like, whenever they have a fight or stop talking, in the next episode they're best friends again and everything is okay all of a sudden.

I guess we're just supposed to assume that the two of them made up because Anya needs someone to support her since her mom had cancer, so Holly J put their disagreements aside and decided to be a good friend. But they've done the whole "Anya and Holly J make up off-screen" thing to many times for me to take them seriously as friends at this point.

I mean, we did have that scene where Anya tells Holly J about her mom and Holly J let's it slip about her and Sav, and they hugged...was that supposed to be their make-up scene? Because right before that, Holly J was calling her her "ex-best friend".

I also think that Anya and Holly J are just friends when it's convienient, it's a fairweather friendship not like the friendships of JT and Toby, Spinner and Jimmy and now the Misfits for example. I also thought that the Anya and Holly J's storyline is really just yet another way to give Holly J screen time but like with the storyline with Sav she doesn't need either Sav or Anya to get screen time but, they both have been written in a way that they need her or someone else to be on screen with them because I have never gotten the impression that TPTB and the writers cared all that much for either Sav or Anya either separately or together. Now they've awkwardly tried to use Holly J in order to try and give both of them something to do even when both of them certainly have their own reasons to want nothing to do with Holly J but, she's one who helps give them screen time even though I think Sav and Anya deserve their own storylines without Holly J being involved. I would've loved to have seen Holly J's reaction to Anya being interested in Declan and I think that would cause her dump Sav quickly but to me the whole problem is that nothing is ever really about either Anya or Sav separately or together, it all goes back to Holly J somehow.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric and Ariana and Pete
Old 02-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinks (View Post)

I guess we're just supposed to assume that the two of them made up because Anya needs someone to support her since her mom had cancer, so Holly J put their disagreements aside and decided to be a good friend. But they've done the whole "Anya and Holly J make up off-screen" thing to many times for me to take them seriously as friends at this point.

I mean, we did have that scene where Anya tells Holly J about her mom and Holly J let's it slip about her and Sav, and they hugged...was that supposed to be their make-up scene? Because right before that, Holly J was calling her her "ex-best friend".

Me too! Did we miss something? When did they become such close friends again?

Old 02-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Stewart

I thought that the whole Anya and Holly J storyline was awkward and really forced and it reinforces once again that Holly J and neither Sav or Anya is the character who's actually important to the writers and TPTB. I think that Anya and Sav really needed storylines of their own and to be specific storylines where Holly J wasn't somehow involved because in both cases it comes across as forced and awkward. I don't get Anya and Holly J's "friendship" and I also don't get Sav and Holly J's "relationship" either which I don't think would be happening at all if Landon was on the show on a more regular basis.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric and Ariana and Pete
Old 02-14-2011, 04:36 AM
Total Fan

Anya and Holly J may have history together, but the backstabbing and belittling on Holly J's part shows it doesn't amount to much - not to be hating on HJ, but if she really cared about Anya as a friend, she wouldn't get with her ex That's just the rules of feminism! Mean Girls always has the right thing to say

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 02-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, HJ was the one who ruined their "friendship" back in season 7. Back then, they just reminded me of dog/owner. HJ dating Sav would have been it for me. Finito, done, over. Stick a fork in it!

That shows they have to use their on/off friendship as a way for Anya to give her blessing. It's all just very fake IMO.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalalove (View Post)
Yeah, HJ was the one who ruined their "friendship" back in season 7. Back then, they just reminded me of dog/owner. HJ dating Sav would have been it for me. Finito, done, over. Stick a fork in it!

That shows they have to use their on/off friendship as a way for Anya to give her blessing. It's all just very fake IMO.
I agree that TPTB and the writers have to definitely make up some way for Anya to give her blessing to this awkward, forced relationship when in reality Anya is not like most people because most people wouldn't want to be treated badly and then have their so-called "best friend" date their ex and an ex that they actually cared about and I don't think Holly J will care for Sav like Anya did even if Sav wants her to. I think that Sav and Anya are really still just extensions of each other and that the real problem is that neither of them were actually developed on their own and they only really get to be in relationship storylines and not much else. Holly J is really the only character on the show since Season 7 who's actually been given storylines and real character development, the other characters who came on durinf Season 7 left in some way or another and for the most part that happened really quickly in my opinion. I think that it's one thing for someone to forgive someone else for something that they've said or done but, we never really see that with Sav and Anya with Holly J, it's implied but, that's not good enough to me and it reinforces the lazy,awkward writing that's only present in this storyline way more than any others. I think that TPTB and the writers put both Sav and Anya in position where they had to forgive Holly J for whatever she did even if she's never shown to be the least bit remorseful about what she does and to me there was no choice to be made because if Sav and Anya didn't forgive her I think that they would be even more irrelevant than they both already are.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

I used to hate them, but I would actually love if Sav/Anya bonded over all the ways HJ let them down...then they could get back together. The HJ/Fi storyline looks interesting though. As long as Sav/HJ end sometime soon, all is well.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Stewart

Quote:
I used to hate them, but I would actually love if Sav/Anya bonded over all the ways HJ let them down...then they could get back together. The HJ/Fi storyline looks interesting though. As long as Sav/HJ end sometime soon, all is well.
Fiona is doing her part to make sure we don't have to sit through the train wreck that is Holly J and Sav and to be honest I think that Sav and Anya have more to talk about than Holly J and Sav ever will because while yes, the anti-power couple is supposed to be in charge while the school is on lockdown we've never seen or heard much about them actually doing anything about the lockdown. I think while Sav and Holly J do deserve some kind of punishment for what happened at Vegas night for their role but that there was no way realistically that they were going to be forced to resign because Sav would really have nothing to do and taking student council away from Holly J wouldn't affect her because they are other storylines where she can be on screen whereas that's just not the case with Sav. I never thought that this couple was ever written in a way where they could acually bring in the ratings and attention but Holly J and Fiona and Declan all together or separately can.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I agree, I want Anya and Sav to bond... but I also think he could be a good support for Anya right now what with her family issues. Sure, he's pretty useless but he'd listen to her and I think he'll always have a soft spot for her, and they will have a connection since they lost their virginity's together

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 02-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineSoBright23 (View Post)
Anya and Holly J may have history together, but the backstabbing and belittling on Holly J's part shows it doesn't amount to much - not to be hating on HJ, but if she really cared about Anya as a friend, she wouldn't get with her ex That's just the rules of feminism! Mean Girls always has the right thing to say
Agreed.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Kristen Stewart

I think that what hardest to get past for me with both Anya and Sav is that they are both are put in a position where they are being forced to forgive Holly J for whatever she's said or done and Holly J never really has to actually deal with anything especially even a hint of a real consequence and that makes this whole storyline even more unrealistic which is odd for a show that always seems to pride itself on being realistic.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Total Fan

Old 02-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ah, well. Savvy J aside, HOLLIONA MIGHT HAPPEN! Fifi wouldn't take advantage of Holly, nope.
Lexiness or Lexi~ #7 Adam Supporter!~ #22 Misfits Supporter!~
Supporter/Shipper of The Misfits, Eclare, Kenna, Fadam, Savvy J, Elitz, Ziley, Grossmance/Douchebag, Folly J, Team Bianca
http://lexikatness.tumblr.com/
Old 02-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Sav needs to focus on being a good brother and improving his personality...scratch that, his entire self. HJ, on the other hand, needs to focus on getting ready for college and being a better friend.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top