Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that there were problems before she cheated with Declan which was just the end result and it showed when she dropped everything just to spend time with Declan and she completely ignored Sav's feelings about that. I think that if Holly J were truly in love with Sav that Declan shouldn't have been able to so easily cause all of these problems between Holly J and Sav but he did. I also don't know anyone who would date someone who spread false rumors about them and then cheat on them with their ex at the first available opportunity. I don't think having Sav around like a puppy and around 24/7 satisfies Holly J or is enough for her on any level because if that did again Declan shouldn't have been able to cause problems between her and Sav but Declan caused problems for them just by being there.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 01-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineSoBright23 (View Post)
I agree that neither Sav or Holly J are very serious about their relationship. Let's face it, if Holly J was truly in love with Sav, she wouldn't have cheated with Declan. All the controversy surrounding the issue aside, she did have sex with someone who wasn't her boyfriend which speaks volumes.
Exactly!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let's be honest I think it is hard and I think in many respects unrealistic to expect viewers to become interested and invested in Sav and his storylines when he was never given much to do over the last three years when he should've been getting screen time and character development. Instead of getting screen time and character development to Sav the writers instead chose to focus on Alli even if she was making one bad decision after another, but it really didn't have to be that way and Holly J doesn't deserve to be brought down by Sav's complete lack of character development. The writers and the powers that be haven't been able to give enough of a reason to become invested in this relationship and more specifically Sav and his storylines.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 01-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Loyal Fan

The relationship itself is just so...boring. There's nothing interesting that happens in it. And it's not like there's anything remotely endearing about it to save it either. I mean, they barely have any conflict, and out of all the couples on this show, they should be the one having the most. You don't have a relationship between two people when it isn't serious and have no conflict if they have real feelings for one another. It's unrealistic. And even if I were to buy the idea that the show is trying to shove down my throat, by which I mean, the idea that Sav and Holly J have grown legitimately serious feelings for each other...they're in a "fling" relationship. Wouldn't that alone cause problems, even when they're supposedly fine with it, considering the writers are trying to make us believe that two people like that would actually care for each other? Wouldn't it bother you that you could only have a superficial "fling" with the person you genuinely liked? Wouldn't that cause problems? Why don't they have any? It's ridiculous. Like I said, it's like they're living in this little fantasy.

The only way they wouldn't have issues in real life would be if they didn't have true feelings for each other and were just using each other, so they would be perfectly fine with having this superficial fling. Either the relationship isn't realistic because they have serious feelings for each other, but somehow manage to have no issues with having a fake, short-term relationship, or they actually don't have real feelings for one another. And why the hell would I ship a pairing in which two people only want to use one another with no true feelings involved at all?

I mean, I just don't get it. If they have serious feelings, then why don't they just have a serious relationship? Apparently, those feelings aren't worth being in a serious relationship for. Let's say their feelings are serious, but for some reason, they still only want to have this short-term relationship that's based off of them "making each other feel good". Well...what's the point? To live in the moment? Isn't that kind of sad? Or a little pathetic? Now they're just together under the pretense of using each other.

Am I making any sense here? I feel like I kind of fail at getting my points across sometimes.

Last edited by Kwinks; 01-16-2011 at 09:49 PM
Old 01-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This relationship is boring and nothing happens to them that would force anyone to actually pay attention to them over the younger kids and their storylines. There is certainly room for conflict between these two and there should be but there is just no conflict or any problems. I would think that for example Holly J's cheating with Declan would cause a problem and that it's one thing to cheat but the truth is Holly J didn't just cheat on Sav with just anyone she cheated on Sav with someone she cared about even though that got downplayed and Sav forgives her in record time and apologizes to her. She never has to deal with any consequences for her actions in this relationship and she just ends up always getting what she wants which is also unrealistic as well.

When there could be a real issue or problem for them to deal with it is just swept under the rug and that's really unrealistic especially for a show that seems to generally pride itself on being realistic. I think Kwinks's post below reinforces why I can't ship this couple and that's because the writers and the powers that be cannot seem to decide what to do with this couple and that they cannot have it both ways. I also think that by the time the writers and the powers that be decide to do something one way or another with Sav and Holly J that it will just be way too little, way too late. Some opposites attracts couples on this show both past and presently have an endearing quality but, that's not the case with these two. Given that they have no real conflict and the overall tone of the relationship is boring I am not surprised that they are upstaged by the younger kids and their storylines but this doesn't affect Holly J as much as it does Sav because she is given other storylines and screen time without this storyline, Sav just isn't given much to do even with this storyline which is really just another Holly J storyline to me.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Total Fan

I agree with what you guys are saying, the relationship is highly unrealistic in that they just float around with no issues. For one thing, couples go through problems, and for another, it's Degrassi! They thrive on drama!

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 01-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Total Fan

No Kwinks, I think you explained yourself perfectly.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

I just think it's obvious that these two don't have the proper foundation for a lasting relationship. That's why they keep throwing more people into the mix.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

of course there is no pressure for Holly J in this relationship.. cause they don't do anything.. good or bad.. sorry but that's the truth.. if they stayed friends it would be one thing.. but as a couple they are just a brick wall.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Extreme Fan

^ I think that if they stayed a fling, I wouldn't care about them at all because they wouldn't be a couple to begin with, wouldn't they? Why bother hating a ship that is not a ship for both characters involved? In fact, it had been written as such throughout entire season 10. No development, no screen time only mentions of them "having fun". Then suddenly the character of their relationship changed, off screen, and I'm supposed to buy their sincere feelings towards one another? I would like to see how those came to be. Especially considering the amount of time they spent with each other. What do they do together? What are they talking about? Do they share their ffuture plans with each other, do they discuss important matters? I don't think so. Their relationship is superficial in every aspect, there was no way for their "connection" to become emotional, because they don't function like a normal couple. It's just we meet, talk about nothing and have fun. Not to say that having fun together is a bad thing but ypu can't build a relationship based only on that. Oh, I have another reason!

Because you can't base a relationship on having fun
Old 01-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCTalksAlot (View Post)
of course there is no pressure for Holly J in this relationship.. cause they don't do anything.. good or bad.. sorry but that's the truth.. if they stayed friends it would be one thing.. but as a couple they are just a brick wall.
I would say that of course there's no pressure for Holly J in this relationship because Sav has a tendency to be completely overshadowed by Holly J and she's on screen without Sav more than with him and whenever they are together they do absolutely nothing together good or bad. I also think that there's no pressure on Holly J in this relationship because it's always all about what happened to Holly J and what Holly J and it's never about Sav. I think that the real drama is being given to the younger kids and their relationships and that there will likely be some kind of drama that Holly J alone is involved with but that it just won't be about this train wreck of a relationship.

I don't think that this storyline would be so awkward and cringe worthy if Sav was actually treated like he had something to do and say but, he's literally doing nothing once again outside of dating someone and I would've thought that there would be an actual effort to give him something constructive to do but, that won't happen for him or for Anya either in my opinion. I feel like I missed any kind of connection that these two are supposed to have and I'm not seeing any drama or anything else going on between these two which I why I think Sav if he needed to be dating someone needed to be with someone younger and most importantly someone that wasn't going to completely upstage him. This is why putting him with someone who's been given character development and storylines where they were front and center like Holly J makes him look really awkward even if that isn't the original intent and that's hard to simply overlook.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necklace (View Post)
^ I think that if they stayed a fling, I wouldn't care about them at all because they wouldn't be a couple to begin with, wouldn't they? Why bother hating a ship that is not a ship for both characters involved? In fact, it had been written as such throughout entire season 10. No development, no screen time only mentions of them "having fun". Then suddenly the character of their relationship changed, off screen, and I'm supposed to buy their sincere feelings towards one another? I would like to see how those came to be. Especially considering the amount of time they spent with each other. What do they do together? What are they talking about? Do they share their ffuture plans with each other, do they discuss important matters? I don't think so. Their relationship is superficial in every aspect, there was no way for their "connection" to become emotional, because they don't function like a normal couple. It's just we meet, talk about nothing and have fun. Not to say that having fun together is a bad thing but ypu can't build a relationship based only on that. Oh, I have another reason!

Because you can't base a relationship on having fun
Added your reason!

Old 01-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know what is worse out of all of these things the fact that Sav is a senior and never had a storyline where he's really the center of attention or if it's worse to be upstaged by your younger sister and your so-called girlfriend. I am still amazed that Sav is still on the and that Ray on the actor still wants to be there because he's been treated badly and it goes beyond the fact that the seniors are usually not given much to do because he was never given much to do when he was one of the younger kids. I wanted Sav to have his own storyline minus a girlfriend because I feel that we know so little about him on his own and he's written more like a plot device much more than a character and certainly not someone that I can care about. It seems like everything happens to Holly J and nothing really happens or changes with Sav.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Loyal Fan

To me, Sav's character is supposed to be the ideal high school boyfriend. He's sweet, he's nice. But there's nothing interesting about him as a character and he has no issues. He's like this perfect, sweet guy who can supposedly sing (not very well, in my opinion), he's handsome, and apparently all the girls like him. But that's it. There's nothing intriguing or three-dimensional there. Whatever issues they have the chance to give him, like the plot about him and his parents, are always thrown out the window.

He's the kind of boy young girls want in real life, but guys like him don't exist in real life. Guys like him are never as perfect as they seem. They're only human. In real life, boys are not always sweet and thoughtful and mature, nor are they free of problems. Sav's like the ideal, prince charming boyfriend who never asks too much of you and never gives you any grief and blah blah blah.

He had that one issue with Anya where he couldn't tell his parents about her. And even then, I don't count him not being able to choose his girlfriend over his family as a character flaw. I have a friend whose parents are very strict about her dating, and they told her they'd disown her if she ever tried to date someone of a different race. It's hard to choose between your family and the person you love. So with Sav, I don't even think that really counts as a character flaw. I think it would have made for a good plotline if they ever decided to go anywhere with it by having Sav either realizing that he can't choose to be against his parents or realizing that he wants to stand up to them.

And it's obvious to me what will happen with Holly J. She'll end up being accepted by the Bhandaris after Sav stands up to them (once again, unrealistic), like the amazing, brave boyfriend he is (), and they'll be allowed to date with his parents' blessing. And that kind of fleeting, unbelievable conflict just won't cut it for me.

Last edited by Kwinks; 01-19-2011 at 05:52 PM
Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinks (View Post)
To me, Sav's character is supposed to be the ideal high school boyfriend. He's sweet, he's nice. But there's nothing interesting about him as a character and he has no issues. He's like this perfect, sweet guy who can supposedly sing (not very well, in my opinion), he's handsome, and apparently all the girls like him. But that's it. There's nothing intriguing or three-dimensional there. Whatever issues they had the chance to give him, like the plot about him and his parents, are always thrown out the window.

He's the kind of boy young girls want in real life, but guys like him don't exist in real life. Guys like him are never as perfect as they seem. They're only human. In real life, boys are not always sweet and thoughtful and mature, nor are they free of problems. Sav's like the ideal, prince charming boyfriend who never asks too much of you and never gives you any grief and blah blah blah.

He had that one issue with Anya where he couldn't tell his parents about her. And even then, I don't count him not being able to choose his girlfriend over his family as a character flaw. I have a friend whose parents are very strict about her dating, and they told her they'd disown her if she ever tried to date someone of a different race. It's hard to choose between your family and the person you love. So with Sav, I don't even think that really counts as a character flaw. I think it would have made for a good plotline if they ever decided to go anywhere with it, like having Sav either realizing that he can't choose to be against his parents or choosing to stand up to them.

And it's obvious to me what will happen with Holly J. She'll end up being accepted by the Bhandaris after Sav stands up to them (once again, unrealistic), like the amazing, brave boyfriend he is (), and they'll be allowed to date with his parents' blessing. And that kind of fleeting, unbelievable conflict just won't cut it for me.
I don't know about you but, this is unrealistic just reading it and I don't think that the writers or the powers that have cared all that much for the Bhandari family because both Alli and Sav are superficial without much else going for them. I think that eventually that Holly J will force Sav to stand up to his family because let's face it and be honest I don't forsee the writers and the powers that be letting Sav do much of anything even though he should come to the conclusion of standing up to his parents on his own, I think that the writers and the powers that be have a pattern of turning things that could or should be about Sav so that they instead are not about him and instead about someone else altogether.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread