Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register
Old 01-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinks (View Post)
I just don't understand how this ship is popular when it stunts the already minimal growth of one of the characters in the pairing. This relationship prevents any development for Sav because it's obvious that the whole thing is about Holly J. I mean, it would be okay if they gave Sav his own issues and plots separate to the relationship, but they never show Sav doing his own thing. He's always simply a part of someone else's plot, and now that he's dating another girl, it's just one more character for him to be an accessory to. He has no excuse, because he's been on this show for three seasons. He should have been given something to do by now.

Same thing with Anya. It's obvious that the doctor she's hooking up with is going to be this relationship Sue with no personality. He's good-looking, successful...and that's it. The only purpose he's going to serve is to be her boyfriend. The only thing that's going to be interesting about it is the fact that he's so much older than her. I mean, even her mom's cancer is going to be pushed to the side in favor of this Mr. O/Paige rehash.

I'm just disappointed that Holly J's screen time is being wasted on this relationship when she could have other storylines. It's her senior year. The character needs to go out with a bang. This is a complete disservice to her.

I think part of the reason the seniors aren't getting the attention they deserve, and part of the reason some of them, like Anya and Sav, still aren't getting the last minute development they need to make them engaging characters, is because we have all these younger new characters. But I don't think they should really be blamed, because even if they weren't there, I have a feeling the writers would still ignore the seniors. Although, to be fair, both Fiona and Holly J have both gotten a large amount of screen time.
The difference between Holly J and Fiona and Sav and Anya is that Holly J and Fiona are treated as if they are worthy of screen time and character devlopment without the whole thing just being about a relationship and that isn't the be all and end all for Holly J and Fiona either. I think Sav is nice enough but that's all that he really has going for him and it's really a weakness of his to me because someone like Holly J would just find it too easy to walk all over him and that's eactly what she does and it's never about Sav or how he feels, it's all about Holly J and how she feels or what she did and she never faces any even possible conseqences for her actions and how she treats Sav. Sav and Anya it seems were never important enough to actually pay attention to when they aren't dating someone and I think that if the writers and the powers that be couldn't make the arrainged marriage storyline about Sav and his feelings that it was really never, ever going to be about him. I think that when the writers and the powers that be made the arrainged marriage storyline more about Anya and how she felt than Sav that it told me that Sav just wasn't important enough to be given much to do even back then.

I also think that Sav and Holly J shippers were always going to be disappointed by their lack of screen time and character development and why did I come to that conclusion? Look at how quickly last year's seniors were thrown into the background and ignored and this show isn't know for writing for so-called happy couples but these two don't even look like they are having any fun together. There is nothing interesting or compelling that's been done with either Sav or Anya together or separately and the writers and the powers that be have never given viewers much of a reason for viewers to care or get into Sav or Anya's storylines together or separately in part because they are both so stereotypical and not given much to do outside of that. I think that for the most part that putting two seniors in any kind of storyline together is not a good idea for this show because this show has never done much with their seniors for the most part and that wasn't going to change with someone as underused and developed as Sav is. I also think that another real problem is that Holly J was the only character who was actually given character development and that everyone else in her group wasn't or left before they were given much to do and I don't think her class had the most compelling group of people to start with. I think Holly J and her big personality just end up completely overshadowing and to me suffocating Sav and so this storyline does nothing for him. As for Holly J. yes, she deserves a much better farewell storyline than this will ever be because yes, it is her senior year but this show really doesn't make it worthwhile for anyone with few exceptions to actually stay on the show for their senior year in my opinion which is sad when senior year can be such a fun, exciting time but it's just not on this show.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't i would if they scenes we saw of Holly J and Sav were like in I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself part 1.. they were friends and it was great,, that is why i like them but only as friends.. they are holding each other back.. i love and miss the Holly J with Declan or even single Holly J.. she was a bitch but she had a purpose to be one.. not oh let me be a bitch.. she was all like i don't need anyone but i want you kind of thing.... and i am sorry i started to not ship Declan and Holly J because her obsession with Yale... but i think if Declan had stayed at Degrassi they wouldn't have broken up.. cause if they wouldn't have had the added stress of being apart..... but i loved that unlike Blue, Declan loved Holly J's i guess the nice way to put it is type A personalty and didn't see it as a threat but more of a turn on..
Old 01-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCTalksAlot (View Post)
I don't i would if they scenes we saw of Holly J and Sav were like in I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself part 1.. they were friends and it was great,, that is why i like them but only as friends.. they are holding each other back.. i love and miss the Holly J with Declan or even single Holly J.. she was a bitch but she had a purpose to be one.. not oh let me be a bitch.. she was all like i don't need anyone but i want you kind of thing.... and i am sorry i started to not ship Declan and Holly J because her obsession with Yale... but i think if Declan had stayed at Degrassi they wouldn't have broken up.. cause if they wouldn't have had the added stress of being apart..... but i loved that unlike Blue, Declan loved Holly J's i guess the nice way to put it is type A personalty and didn't see it as a threat but more of a turn on..
I think that this storyline would've been more plausible if the writers actually made the viewers believe that they could be friends and also that she wasn't going to completely upstage and dominate Sav even if Holly J wasn't really trying to do so. I also think that Declan is the first guy who isn't threatened by Holly J's type A personality and instead really loved her even more for that. I also think that like Blue Sav just cannot deal with her type A personality and so that has to be watered down and just because Sav doesn't have much of a purpose and doesn't know what he wants from his life yet without his father's influence doesn't mean that Holly J should have to suffer but she is suffering even if she can't admit it. I think you should repost that part about Declan in the Holly J and Declan thread. I think it's hard to watch someone as serious and driven to succeed fall for someone who is everything she isn't and actually buy into it and there has been very little interaction at all between these two and this isn't even going into the fact that their relationship has no real direction or point to it other than to put both of them in a less than stellar and that's a pretty rare thing to see even on this show because usually one person has something to gain from the relationship but not these two.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Did anyone see the new promo? I really love the idea of Adam/Fiona, so I'm going to be pissed if they kill it for the sake of randomly making Fiona question her sexuality. On the brightside, if Fiona ends up actually hooking up with Holly J, it might put an end to Sav/Holly J.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Total Fan

I ship Fiona/Holly J waaaay more than Sav/Holly J!

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 01-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Fiona/Holly J would be amazing! Seriously.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineSoBright23 (View Post)
Ditto! Holly J has more chemistry with Fiona then Sav.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." - Heather Cortez
Old 01-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Did anyone see the new promo? I really love the idea of Adam/Fiona, so I'm going to be pissed if they kill it for the sake of randomly making Fiona question her sexuality. On the brightside, if Fiona ends up actually hooking up with Holly J, it might put an end to Sav/Holly J.
Hey, anything to end that travesty.

Did you say you wanted to be added to the list?

Old 01-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Did you say you wanted to be added to the list?
Yes, please.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Done!

Old 01-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

What has Sav done for Holly J to prove his love for her? Add me please.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I didn't like how they randomly had Paige start questioning her sexuality and I don't think that I would like it here but, if it helps end the train wreck of Holly J and Sav then I am all for it. Holly J and Fiona have way more chemistry than Sav and Holly J do although I think that Sav is someone who really doesn't have much chemistry with anyone other than Alli. I would be forever a fan of any character who helped in their own way to put an end to the Anti-Power couple. As far as Sav proving his love for Holly J, he hasn't done anything but, then again when is anything in this storyline and any other storylines actually about Sav?
Old 01-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I didn't like how they randomly had Paige start questioning her sexuality and I don't think that I would like it here but, if it helps end the train wreck of Holly J and Sav then I am all for it. Holly J and Fiona have way more chemistry than Sav and Holly J do although I think that Sav is someone who really doesn't have much chemistry with anyone other than Alli. I would be forever a fan of any character who helped in their own way to put an end to the Anti-Power couple. As far as Sav proving his love for Holly J, he hasn't done anything but, then again when is anything in this storyline and any other storylines actually about Sav?
Holly J hasn't done anything to prove her love either. I don't think she's seriously invested in her feelings for Sav. I don't think her feelings are serious for him at all.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Holly J hasn't done anything to prove her love either. I don't think she's seriously invested in her feelings for Sav. I don't think her feelings are serious for him at all.
I have never thought that her feelings for Sav are serious and we were forewarned about that from the start by the whole we will date until graduation speech. I think that the difference with Holly J and Sav here is that she doesn't need Sav or this storyline for screen time whereas Sav needs Holly J to have any hope at a any kind of screen time and so to me she doesn't have to prove anything, it's Sav who's the one there with nothing constructive to do or say, it isn't Holly J in my opinion.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Total Fan

I agree that neither Sav or Holly J are very serious about their relationship. Let's face it, if Holly J was truly in love with Sav, she wouldn't have cheated with Declan. All the controversy surrounding the issue aside, she did have sex with someone who wasn't her boyfriend which speaks volumes.

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top