Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
I'm really trying not to get my hopes up. There's two parts for every episode this season, who knows what might happen by the end of part 2. Holly J might suddenly realize that she loves Sav. *gag* Lol
It could also be like "Jesus Etc" where I thought that absolutely nothing happened in the first part and that the writers and TPTB were only concerned about the second half and most of the previews were actually from the second part of that episode. I think that more than anything we saw Holly J a lot and there just never was much screen time given to Holly J and Sav as a couple and when they were on screen they never dealt with anything. I also think that the writers and TPTB really seemed to go out of the way in not dealing with Sav and Holly J. I would've thought that Alli being missing or Holly J being ill would've been a good time to try and bring Holly J and Sav together but that was never going to happen because Holly J is ill and off dealing with her own issues.

I think that if TPTB wanted people to like them, why are they always on the back burner? A good time to write for them would've been while Fitz, Bianca, Drew, Zane and Riley weren't on-screen much earlier this season but we saw a lot of Holly J without Sav and to me that said a lot. If Sav can't get screen time while dating Holly J then he's not going to be getting much screen time period. In order to get people to root for a couple it would help if Sav and Holly J actually dealt with an issue in a serious manner and they have zero obstacles and this isn't even going into their complete lack of chemistry and there is nothing charming or endearing about Holly J and Sav's relationship. There is never any indication that they are having "fun" or doing much of anything for that matter to me even after all this time.

I think Sav needed his own storyline if nothing else to establish his own life without his family or a girlfriend but that was never going to happen with Holly J with him because everything would always be all about her all the time. I always thought that Declan was always going to cause problems for Holly J and Sav even without even being there physically. It certainly wasn't helping anything to see opposites attracts couples like EClare get storylines and character development because it shows that if the writers and TPTB want to that they can still write a good, opposites attracts couple and so it's not like it can't be done. I think the writers just didn't care for Holly J and Sav as a couple and didn't exactly hide it and I think that Holly J and Sav have been upstaged by the other couples because the other couples like them or not actually have screen time and some sort of issue and or obstacle to deal with.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola

Last edited by Holland Fan Forever; 04-10-2011 at 02:12 PM
Old 04-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

I loved when HJ said she wanted to call Declan after she found out she was sick. I was a little confused by the line, but I think she still has feelings for him. I'm sorry, but Sav will never be number one in her life and that's just that. This relationship is just work for both of them at this point.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Total Fan

She definitely still has feelings for him. I think Sav has begun to fall for Holly J, but Holly J hasn't fallen for him.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
She definitely still has feelings for him. I think Sav has begun to fall for Holly J, but Holly J hasn't fallen for him.
I think that this storyline is really there to give Sav something to do because she has lots of opportunities and potential storylines but he just doesn't and Alli got storylines and screen time over anything to do with him. We don't even seem to get the most basic scenes in with Holly J and Sav. Holly J made spending time with Sav sound like a chore to me and we just hear about them spending time together, we never really see it and to me that says a lot because she gets a lot of screen time. Holly J seems to spend a lot of time with people not named Sav and although she says Sav comes first, I've never gotten that impression Sav comes first for Holly J and that the writers go out of the way to not deal with their relationship on any level. We need update the reasons thread with actual quotes and don't forget the red theme of the thread.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 04-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Total Fan

Will do!

Ok, I admit the whole thing about calling Declan did seem to come out of nowhere. We didn't see her struggling with this in Hide and See part 1 and 2, but I think it still made sense. It's been obvious since the LL episodes that she still had very strong feelings for Declan and when you are going through something like Holly J did in the Hide and Seek episodes, it's only natural that you would want the people that you love by your side.

Last edited by DollyJfan4life; 04-10-2011 at 09:19 PM
Old 04-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, the continuity issues still need to be worked out, but now my hate for these two doesn't really have much to do with Declan/HJ anymore. I'm over them, and Declan is obviously gone for good. It's a shame though because the HJ/Fiona plots could have given Declan's character a chance to become more complex.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Total Fan

I don't know, I think there is a chance he could be back maybe for just one or two episodes. At least I hope so.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Will do!

Ok, I admit the whole thing about calling Declan did seem to come out of nowhere. We didn't see her struggling with this in Hide and See part 1 and 2, but I think it still made sense. It's been obvious since the LL episodes that she still had very strong feelings for Declan and when you are going through something like Holly J did in the Hide and Seek episodes, it's only natural that you would want the people that you love by your side.
I think that since "Love Lockdown" has had strong feelings for Declan and that anyone going through some unknown medical crisis is going to want loved ones to know and if possible be with them and that would include Declan for her. I think that Holly J's illness storyline was also done to keep Holly J away from Sav in a sense because the writers and TPTB seem to go out of the way in not dealing with Holly J and and Sav as a couple and instead of dealing with them in "Hide and Seek" Holly J gets her own storyline without him. I also think that it's way too easy for her to get away from Sav and that she has more compelling storylines and gets screen time without Sav.

I also think that Holly J's confession to Fiona doesn't help Holly J and Sav and their relationship at all even though I'm sure it was intended to because that whole scene is just a moot point now knowing she wanted to call Declan. I don't ever get the impression that they go out the way to spend time together and we never see even basic scenes with these two and having her say "If I don't hang out with Sav soon he's going to go emo on me and make me a mixed tape" is certainly not helping anything either.

I just don't get the impression that she cares to even attempt to really deal with Sav on any level because the whole student council situation is ignored and Holly J is the one doing all the work with little input from him but mostly she's seen a lot living her own life very separate from Sav's life. I always thought that just when a viewer may have forgotten about Declan he's somehow brought up again and I think that if the writers really wanted to give Holly J and Sav a chance then I don't think that their relationship would be on the back burner and written so awkwardly or that Declan would brought up continually but Declan is.

Like them or not seeing Clare and Eli be written for and given screen time as an opposites attracts couple shows that the writers can still write for an opposites attracts couple but, with Holly J and Sav that for whatever reason Holly J by herself and with people not named Sav is a priority over Holly J and Sav's relationship. I think that there was certainly a lot of potential for storylines with Holly J Declan and Fiona but the truth is all three of them could have their own storylines without each other and that's just not the case with Sav and Anya.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Total Fan

Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seems like each time that there could be screen time or actual development in some direction with this couple that it just stops whether Sav has gone missing in action again or they get upstaged and ignored in favor of other storylines and or characters or they somehow bring up Declan again in some way. I think that it may have been a little different if the writers had actually let Sav do more than just be in the role of ever present boyfriend and had actually showed him on screen on his own instead of just telling the audience what he's supposedly doing. I think that Holly J reinforces Sav's complete lack of character development and this is one of the ships where it's gotten even more awkward and pointless as it has gone on. In the end it's really insulting to both Holly J and Sav for completely different reasons and they both deserve better relationship storylines that actually work towards their personality strengths. I think that the amount of characters who are or who want to be in relationships is unrealistic and that many kids don't date and sometimes kids do take a break up hard and don't want to date someone else five minutes later just because they know that they can. I think it would've been good to see Sav by himself without a girlfriend because here we are over three years later and we really don't know much about him alone and I think that this storyline completely regresses the little character progression that he had in the begining of this season.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Total Fan

Agreed.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalalove (View Post)
Yeah, the continuity issues still need to be worked out, but now my hate for these two doesn't really have much to do with Declan/HJ anymore. I'm over them, and Declan is obviously gone for good. It's a shame though because the HJ/Fiona plots could have given Declan's character a chance to become more complex.
I don't think that there was this struggle to figure out what to do with Declan because he could have storylines alone with Fiona and or Holly J as well. To me Sav never really had many options that the writers were willing to actually deal with because it seemed to me long before this train wreck of a relationship started that the writers didn't do much with his character. This season could've been a break out season for Sav but to me in the end Declan was always the one with more potential storylines and always had the ability to get and keep the audience's attention like him or not. It always felt like Sav was getting the short end as far as any screen time and storylines and that Alli was the one who got almost all of the screen time and storylines which really didn't have much to do with Sav.

I think that this storyline reinforces to me the writers gave up on Sav and his storylines because he's hardly there even after a 40 plus episodes this season and I cannot forsee that changing. I think that the writers gave up on Sav's character a long time ago because I think after being on a show for three plus years that if the writers really wanted to develop Sav and give him storylines with a real purpose outside of being someone's ever present boyfriend then it would've happened already. I think that this show focuses way too much time on making senior year seem like it's the time when things start to fall apart and or flatline when it would be much more realistic to see the kids on this show becoming more confident and to start to see their hard work pay off but, I don't think there's generally a pay off for any of the characters on this show regardless of how popular they may be or who they are.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Total Fan

Spoiler:

Not looking good. Lol Still trying not to get my hopes up.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Spoiler:

Not looking good. Lol Still trying not to get my hopes up.
No, it's not looking good but if Sav is really such a great guy, why isn't he on-screen more? I think that if it weren't for Landon's work schedule that Declan would've been on-screen more and that Sav really wouldn't have been allowed to do much. Sav isn't on-screen much at all and Declan's not there and there were certainly opportunities to give Sav more to do than being the ever present boyfriend and brother but the writers chose to go in another direction and focus on Holly J alone and other characters not named Sav. I think Holly J would've taken Declan back if it weren't for Landon's work schedule but, the question is really what was Sav going to do on screen? I don't get the impression that the writers ever really actually wanted to deal with the question of what to do with Sav because I think that if they did Sav wouldn't be in another dead end relationship storyline. Let's be honest despite "dating" Holly J who is popular with fans and writers Sav is still not doing much and to me that says a lot because I thought part of intent here was to try and give Sav more to do but to me that has been nothing short of an epic fail.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that spoiler. Totally made my afternoon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread