Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with necklace's post...a lot.

Quote:
Now she's probably thinking, "I can't marry Sav. His parents hate non-Muslims and I already screwed up my opportunity to show them I'm a good girl - since their son and I were busted nearly having sex during a school lock-down, el oh el! They think I'm a common whore! I'm sexy as hell, yeah, more sexy than Sav. Time to leave this boring son-of-a-bitch! SEE YA, SAV! I'm going gay for the alky-twin, then boarding a train to the Hills and setting up camp to live off the land like a normal person"

Quote:
Like I pointed out ABOVE, Savvy J is probably breaking up for Holliona. So, like, get out the party hats! It's time to celebrate. This is an anti-Savvy J thread, is it not? I'd have expected more hoots and hollers than the lackluster response/almost non-response to the news that Holly J is leaving Sav. Uh, yeah, the point of this thread is for people to rant about the awful **** known as Savvy J...and yet, no "****YEAH!" is coming from y'all? Y'all confuse me. I was expecting more of an elated bunch.
You mean like this?

**** yeah! This horrible pairing has finally reached its end!

Sorry. I tried. I'm not much of a partyer.

I am pretty happy about it though.

Quote:
HOW MANY OF Y'ALL EVER BEEN WITH (not slept with, but an actual relationship) A RICH SON OF A DIPLOMAT/MUSLIM GUY WHO ..uh, nevermind, yeah, Sav is boring.
For me, neither.

Last edited by Kwinks; 02-27-2011 at 07:32 PM
Old 02-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by regiusachan (View Post)
Both have blank personalities. Declan AND Sav. So, basically, Holly J would be better off without either one. More Holly J for Fiona! HBIC-ship, hell yes. I don't think they care about Declan, either, lol, so maybe Declan should become gay and put out for Sav, though, you know, Declan could just forever be a bachelor and screw as many mistresses as he wants, cause, it's all about the Benjamins, baby.
TPTB TPTB TPTB = Jesus. Jesus hates Declan and Sav. And anyone with Sav or Declan, unless it's Fiona with Declan. Holly J and Fiona both have development, while Declan and Sav do not. Agreed? So it's not just 'lol I hate Declan and Holly J' cause no, I used to love the crap out of them. I guess it was wish fulfillment. You know, every girl dreams of marrying a rich dude and not having to work, except me. I want a normal guy, doesn't have to be rich or anything, just normal. Is that too much to ask? I GUESS SO. I wouldn't go from Declan to Sav, but that's just my bias. ...I'd go from Declan to...someone who reminds me of my boyfriend (Eli, minus the homicidal/sociopath-like qualities. My boyfriend isn't like that at all).

Holly J probably feels more like she needs to be brought back down to earth, so, she clung to Sav for that (he was the only other person there that she actually knew that still goes to her school and is in her grade - her choice was him or FOREVER ALONE). She realized, "Hey, I can't really get anything done and I'll be damned if I'm a trophy wife! Sure, he's pretty and he's rich, but gawd, I want to make my own money and go buy my own crap without his help. ...Look at his chest. Uh, yeah, I need to go find a job and pay my own way through college. I'm too sexy for keeping in the house, even if I'll have enough income to buy as many clothes and shoes as I want! DECISIONS, DECISIONS!"

Now she's probably thinking, "I can't marry Sav. His parents hate non-Muslims and I already screwed up my opportunity to show them I'm a good girl - since their son and I were busted nearly having sex during a school lock-down, el oh el! They think I'm a common whore! I'm sexy as hell, yeah, more sexy than Sav. Time to leave this boring son-of-a-bitch! SEE YA, SAV! I'm going gay for the alky-twin, then boarding a train to the Hills and setting up camp to live off the land like a normal person"

Like I pointed out ABOVE, Savvy J is probably breaking up for Holliona. So, like, get out the party hats! It's time to celebrate. This is an anti-Savvy J thread, is it not? I'd have expected more hoots and hollers than the lackluster response/almost non-response to the news that Holly J is leaving Sav. Uh, yeah, the point of this thread is for people to rant about the abortion known as Savvy J...and yet, no "hell YEAH!" is coming from y'all? Y'all confuse me. I was expecting more of an elated bunch.

Choosing between Savvy J and Holliona - HOLLIONA, hell yeah. Plus, sexy kissing/groping. Declan and Holly J dating makes me believe Holly J likes girls even moreso. Declan looks like a chick (not hating, I love dudes that look like girls, they're sexy - That is totes my boyfriend, too). Sav would have come across as a chick had he kept his long hair.

If Fiona and Holly J can both get jobs and not have to resort to going to Fifi's large-ass bank account, I'll be satisfied. If not, I'll be severely disappointed. I am not even asking for a end-all-be-all storyline, just one that people can actually relate to.
HOW MANY OF Y'ALL EVER BEEN WITH (not slept with, but an actual relationship) A RICH SON OF A DIPLOMAT/MUSLIM GUY WHO ..uh, nevermind, yeah, Sav is boring.

Declan would be banging whether poor or not. JUST SAYING.
I think it was obvious early on that there wasn't much that was going to be done with Sav because instead of developing his character the writers chose to develop and give screen time to Alli even if was her making terrible decision after another she still got screen time, he never did. I think that at least with Holly J and Declan that they at least discussed the future in a realistic manner whereas Sav and Holly J barely interact much less have a serious discussion about the future and it would be an awkward discussion at that in my opinion. I think Holly J was in many ways the new Paige and at least with Declan she found someone who wanted her to be herself and she wasn't watered down in the process like she is with Sav. As far as why I'm not getting out the party hats just yet to celebrate it's because this show is into dramatic, misleading promos and I also keep in mind that this is a show that breaks up more couples like them or not than has ever let a couple be a couple that actually ends up together. I don't think Declan would've stopped Holly J from her own ambitions, he just needed to learn that money can't cure everything and this is hard for someone who's never really been told otherwise and Holly J and Declan actually deal with real issues like them or not Sav and Holly J deal with nothing in my opinion. I think that if you like Holly J and Fiona that's fine but there is another thread of their own for them. I wonder if all of this would be happening if Landon/Declan had been more available for "Degrassi."
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 03-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

I honestly realized I don't care about these two anymore. Once they weren't being shoved in our faces every week, they meant nothing. So on to the next one.

Love all those jolly/jump up icons though.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalalove (View Post)
I honestly realized I don't care about these two anymore. Once they weren't being shoved in our faces every week, they meant nothing. So on to the next one.

Love all those jolly/jump up icons though.
This week's episode was boring and while the Anti-Power couple interacted for a second and talked about Sav's demo song it was more about Sav and Alli. It just seemed like the writers and TPTB with their promos were more concerned about getting to next week's episode where it so obvious that the storyline will be all about Alli and not about Sav and so I think Sav basically gets upstaged by both Holly J and Alli.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Loyal Fan

I was hoping that scene where Holly J made that weird face when he was playing his music meant that she was going to go back to her old Holly J ways and finally tell him that his music sucks, and then they'd get into a fight and break up. Not that we'd ever get that lucky or anything.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

That would have been great. These two just need to end this travesty like...PRONTO PLEES. Kthanx.

The music stuff was sickening. HJ would have never cared about that stuff before, let alone been supportive of it. Gross kiss made me And when he was about to call the "heavy metal dude" I thought...why doesn't HJ learn the drums and drum for him?
Old 03-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Extreme Fan

^ Is it just me or does Holly J watches her mouth way too much? Like, she always uses this soft, apologetic tone around him:

"I'm just being honest" - This one I could understand; "She has the right to be mad at him"- Yeah, she DOES so why are you so timid in voicing your opinion?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by necklace (View Post)
^ Is it just me or does Holly J watches her mouth way too much? Like, she always uses this soft, apologetic tone around him:

"I'm just being honest" - This one I could understand; "She has the right to be mad at him"- Yeah, she DOES so why are you so timid in voicing your opinion?
Holly J does use this awful soft, apologetic tone around Sav and that's because Sav plain and simple cannot handle her strong personality on any level. She wasn't completely watered down with Declan and her relationship wasn't thrown completely in the background and treated like a plot device. I think that no matter who Sav was trying to date or what storyline Sav was given that it would either be watered down or taken away altogether before much was done with the storyline. This is a bad storyline for both of them because for Sav it's another relationship storyline that the writers and TPTB don't care about and this is Holly J's senior year and she deserves to go out on a high note not be in a storyline that is really a disservice to her and all of the things that made Holly J such a great, strong character.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necklace (View Post)

Exactly! And that is just another example of how OOC Holly J is being written these days. When has Holly J ever been like that? Smh

Old 03-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
Exactly! And that is just another example of how OOC Holly J is being written these days. When has Holly J ever been like that? Smh
I think that in order to make this complete and utter train wreck of a relationship work that the writers and TPTB had to write really out-of-character. Let's be honest it's not as if the writers and TPTB have ever actually seem invested in this storyline because if someone who was part of TPTB actually was invested in this storyline then the dialogue and the situations that they are put in wouldn't come across as completely awkward, unneccesary or out-of-character but all of these things are true. Holly J is popular with fans and with TPTB and the writers and Sav still gets almost nothing to do when he supposedly dating her and I think that this alone tells anyone watching how TPTB and the writers view Sav and it isn't highly to say the least and to put it simply. Even now with Alli and Sav's storyline it is so obvious that it will in the end be all about Alli and what she did and how she feels and it won't really be about Sav. Sav is the one person on the show who I don't think I'll ever really understand why he's still on the show in any capacity period from either the writer's prospective or the actor's prospective because here we are over three years later and he's still not doing anything productive for himself.

Last edited by Holland Fan Forever; 03-06-2011 at 02:00 PM
Old 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't stand the way they started this goddamn relationship.

Ugh. I hate the fact that in the beginning of this season, Holly J basically scoffed at the idea of Sav running for Student Council President during the Boiling Point and she treated him with such disdain because she didn't think he could handle it, and then all of a sudden she's all nice. They hang out for one episode and suddenly they're cool with each other. And Sav is an idiot for being with her after she helped make him think he was going to be a baby daddy. She was scornful towards him and mocked him before this season, and now, I'm supposed to believe he would just forgive all that and randomly start liking her? I will say it again - ugh.

She never even apologized!

Not to mention, like you guys are all saying, she acts completely OOC whenever she's around him.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinks (View Post)
I can't stand the way they started this goddamn relationship.

Ugh. I hate the fact that in the beginning of this season, Holly J basically scoffed at the idea of Sav running for Student Council President during the Boiling Point and she treated him with such disdain because she didn't think he could handle it, and then all of a sudden she's all nice. They hang out for one episode and suddenly they're cool with each other. And Sav is an idiot for being with her after she helped make him think he was going to be a baby daddy. She was scornful towards him and mocked him before this season, and now, I'm supposed to believe he would just forgive all that and randomly start liking her? I will say it again - ugh.

She never even apologized!

Not to mention, like you guys are all saying, she acts completely OOC whenever she's around him.
Holly J is right, Sav cannot handle the job of being the student council president and in the end Holly J got what she wanted even though it doesn't show in her given title, she's the one running student council not Sav. However, who would really want to student council preseident while the school is on lockdown? The student council storyline makes Sav look worse than it does Holly J because she doesn't need him or the student council storyline but, let's be honest Sav needs Holly J or someone else for any hope of any screen time period, she doesn't need Sav or student council in order to get screen time. There was build up to them reaching any kind of understanding about Sav being a baby daddy and she never apologized for it or seemed for feel the least bit remorseful for what she did.

Sav is an idiot for even trying to date her and let's be honest Sav isn't like most people because most people wouldn't date someone who decided to spread a false rumor about them in fact most people would avoid them at all costs. I think that Sav was the one who needed a storyline not her and that this storyline makes him look really desperate and I think that to begin with relationship storylines just reinforce negative things about Sav and I feel like while Sav and Holly J have been on the show the same amount of time that it always feels like she got a three year head start as far as far as character development and that TPTB and the writers don't seem to think that Sav is important or good enough to actually develop either on his own or in a relationship because I really cannot think of any relationship that has been just completely thrown to the backburner and thrown to the back burner quickly.

I think that for Sav that it's more and worse than seniors historically not getting much screen time much less storylines because I think Sav has been treated badly all along and that there was bound to be a problem with this group of seniors when Holly J was the only one who came from Season 7 who was actually given screen time and storylines. I would think that if anyone has been on a show that it is realistic for viewers to expect something to have been done as far as storylines and character development but, none of that happened for Sav and Anya. Now they both suffer because it's too easy to give storylines to the younger kids or to someone else who has been given storylines and character development previously like Holly J instead of giving Sav and Anya actual character development because it would be like starting from scratch with both Sav and Anya. I think neither of them was really given much of a chance to do anything before their storylines were either dropped altogether or changed and that none of this is going to equal the ratings and attention that TPTB want and look to have with a character. Some of Holly J's screen time alone could've easily been about Holly J and Sav but it just isn't and it seems like someone who's part of TPTB is going out of the way to avoid actually dealing with this train wreck of a relationship and do I blame them? No. I don't care who ends this relationship or why, it just needs to end period and kudos to anyone helps end this boring, train wreck of a relationship.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Total Fan

Old 03-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Hopefully the breakup is tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Total Fan

Yes!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread