Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2015, 08:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love that part two! I wonder what grace meant by that, like if she had to learn self defense for some reason?
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I can see know-it-all Grace taking a self defense course. But I wonder if this one of those Degrassi things just like how she knows how to hack and what the local gangs do every night.

I worry that Zoe is building this epic romance up in her head. Don't get me wrong, I do like them. But it is hard not to be nervous since we haven't seen Grace's pov yet. She might still have feelings for the last person she dated. Zoe was staring all dreamy at Grace thinking they made a connection but there are so many ways to interpret that scene.

Ahhh this wait is going to kill me. Why did the cliffhanger have to end on this?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Passionate Fan

I feel like this storyline could swing either way. I would love for Cardivas to become canon, and maybe Grace is gay and just isn't out, which you'd think she wouldn't care about because she doesn't seem to care about what others think of her. Or maybe she's never given it much thought, but we know she's come to expect people to abandon her as soon as a "better offer" comes along, or to see her as a last resort - something Maya indirectly does in Wishlist which is probably why Grace turned down her offer - so it wouldn't surprise me if Zoe is the first real girl friend she's ever had and she doesn't want to ruin that.

Similarly, it's VERY possible that Zoe's confusing her own feelings for Grace and this bond they now have as something romantic. Because we know prior to this, Zoe's relationships with other girls usually have an element of catty behavior/envy (Maya) or Queen Bee/Posse (Power Cheer) but with Grace she feels not just good about herself but comfortable enough to be vulnerable around her in a way that she definitely wasn't with Power Squad or Frankie and Keisha or Maya even though they more or less set their rivalry aside.

So I could see this playing out either way even though I really, really want Cardivas to happen. I need it.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I read the Ellen Interview Ana Golja talks Zoe and Grace on “Degrassi” and working with Jennifer Beals - AfterEllen and I'm not sure what to think.It sounds like Ana is taking it as Zoe is just going through a phase because of what she went through with boys last year but maybe I am taking her comments wrong. I hope Zoe is actually bi or pan and this is not just a phase for her but I guess we will see. But this interview didn't exactly make me excited for Gracevas cause Ana doesn't seem to into it I guess
Old 09-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I kind of had a problem with how Ana phrased that. I didn't think she meant that Zoe was going through a phase, though. I thought she meant that the assault caused her to gravitate towards girls and I don't really agree with that. She continued to show attraction to guys, after the assault and after the trial. I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about the future for Zoe/Grace. Maybe Grace really doesn't return her feelings. It would be a little too perfect if Triles really is getting back together. That being said, I don't think Grace not having romantic feelings for Zoe at the moment would sink the ship 100%. Feelings change.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

exactly, I mean she was interested in both Zig and Miles. And I got the impression that since the movie takes place over the whole summer Miles and Zoe were dating at some point in the summer cause Grace refers to Miles as Zoe's boyfriend..so she was seeing him a little. And was ready to date Zig in till ...idek what happen with them lmao. But they were half ass dating each other, kinda? so its not like Zoe was so put off by men after the assault. With Miles more then Zig she seemed fine with guys.

Well I expected it wouldn't be an easy road for them but I am doubting a possibility of canon atm, I do think they will interact a lot I'm just not sure if it will be romantic any time soon if at all. They are introducing a new lesbian character so that character could come into play with gracevas and idk..maybe grace or Zoe might end up dating this new girl, I think Maude is the her name.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think Zoe knows what to do with herself when a relationship is "easy". Zig offered himself to her at least.. three or four times and he got rejected all but once. Meanwhile, she actively pursues Miles, Drew and even Grace. I think the girl just needs a challenge and Zig, bless him, is never going to be that person for her. I mean, it would be a challenge to steal him away from Maya now, but that's another thing. :p But basically Zoe was never NOT attracted to guys. She just discovered she liked a girl. I'm confused about Ziles, honestly. I'm not sure they were officially a couple. They just kind of dated.

It's going to be difficult to make ship names out of Grace/Maude or Zoe/Maude, but okay. A ship from season 14 was called Bonah, so I don't think it matters at this point. UGH. I really do want to see Zoe and Grace together. I adored their interactions in the movie and I truly feel like they could have something worth pursuing.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ziles (2nd time) looked to me more like friends with benefits. They kind of didn´t have anyone else to talk to and turned towards each other. That´s why it was over the moment Zoe found someone else to talk to and be with.

BTW thanks for the interview link. I think Ana´s line about "Zoe’s experience with guys" might not only be about the assault but about guys in general. Zoe just doesn´t seem to really click with the guys she is shown with emotional wise while the physical side works pretty well. But with Grace she clicks emotionally and in DLB it seemed that this for sure is more important to her than if she is into girls in general or not.
I hope that "Zoe struggle with finding her identity" (quote Ana) means not her sexual identity but the line in DLB "You see the real me. The girl I try so hard to hide and you like her." I´d like to see that her connection to Grace (which doesn´t necessarily have to be a relationship) gives her the courage to be herself in front of others as well.

But with Grace´s side of the story - I am pretty curious which road they will go. Really hard to guess.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ziles is so frustrating to me because on paper they be perfect together and the actors have the chemistry but their is always just someone else the other one is more interested in so to me its a shame because it could be more then friends with befits but I guess its just not in the cards for them.

That's a great point, with all three guys she had no problem connecting to them physically it was always emotionally that she never connected to them. Zig tried but she wouldn't allow for it. Grace is the first person to emotionally connect to Zoe, pretty much ever. That's another interesting point, it might not be she even physically that in Grace but that she finally found someone who she feels gets her on an emotional level and if you go back to 14a when Zig was trying to, Grace was the one giving him advice on how to deal with Zoe and why Zoe might feel a certain way about what he says and does. But I still hope Zoe is physically into grace and is bi or pan but this might be more of an emotional thing for Zoe then it ever will be physical, but that plays into being pan I think.

yeah I just have no idea yet, there are a few ways this could unfold.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think that at least from Zoes side the emotional connection might be intense enough to make the physical part work with Grace as well. From DLB I´d say it´s more of a question if Grace is attracted to Zoe physical wise than the other way around.

But in former times there existed something between friendship and relationship for two people of the same gender. That might be an interesting road to take with those two as well. And it could play out in many ways.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Add me, I sooo want them to happen!!!

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Wrote a Grace/Zoe oneshot if anyone's interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11534822/1/
Old 10-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Add me pls, so into them!
diamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I will add those that asked. I should do something with the OP too. I'm sure there are plenty of pretty gifsets out there now. They seemed popular after the movie. Is it still that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
Wrote a Grace/Zoe oneshot if anyone's interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11534822/1/
A fic! It has been forever since I have read fan fiction. Maybe yours will pull me back in.

37k views! It's not mine, I'm not bragging...I'm just impressed. And it is a very good video worthy of the attention.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I will add those that asked. I should do something with the OP too. I'm sure there are plenty of pretty gifsets out there now. They seemed popular after the movie. Is it still that way?
They still seem pretty popular to me. The Zaya/Triles/Gracevas combination is generally well liked. I can honestly say there's less backlash than Triles received.