Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2016, 02:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't have much of an opinion on the song itself. It seemed like more of an Ana song than a Degrassi song, but those lyrics were oddly on point.

Well, I can at least agree with that part. But overall, that one minor detail is a small part of a larger thing that annoyed me about some of Zig's characterization in 15A. Zig is clearly meant to come across as pathetic and clingy and, by the end of the block, a selfish jerk. When you compare him to Zoe, who also betrayed Maya and Grace, I guess I feel like he got most of the backlash to a ridiculous extent. Yes, he cheated and I had no problem with him being shamed for it and Maya dumping him, but it's really HOW the cheating happened and the tape that doesn't sit right for me and I'm assuming we're not meant to have any sympathy for Zig for being filmed without his consent.

Yeah, I get that. But Zoe has to learn to be a decent person on her own or else she has no hope. Even if Grace returned her feelings and they became a happy couple, nothing is set in stone and so if things fell apart, I'd be annoyed if Zoe immediately went back to being horrible. Grace can encourage her to be better, but Zoe ultimately has to follow through and want to improve herself. Of course I don't blame Zoe entirely. Grace had plenty of chances to come clean and I have talked about being annoyed by how judgmental she can be towards Zig, knowing what part she played in all that, and also continuing to be dishonest with Maya. But the fact is, this is Grace's first real time doing something that is without a doubt wrong while it's Zoe's... third? Fourth?

Agreed. Lack of proper communication was a big reason why both Zaya and Gracevas failed and while crises are a good way to put things into perspective and make you realize what you truly want, both of these couples have a lot to repair before even renewing a friendship.

That's pretty much it. We know what Grace said and many people said that her explanation didn't quite make sense. Not being into Zoe was one thing, but saying she liked Zig contradicts practically everything.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just think that maybe if Gracevas would have lasted longer (even as friendship) Zoe would have settled more down to the nice girl she can be when she wants to. And she would have learned that it can make her more happy. But with how things went she only learned that even if she´s nice and likeable, she gets hurt in the end.

Grace on the other hand in a way needed to make a mistake because she would have come off as too perfect with the time and making mistakes is part of learning and growing. It´s just that I hope that she´s not let easily off the hook by not mentioning her mistake and making it all about how Zoe has to redeem herself.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe so, but then I wonder how she would have behaved, even if she and Grace eventually ended their friendship or broke up. It's wonderful that Grace brings out the positive side of Zoe, but I do take issue with Zoe only being nice when it can benefit her and then turning back into basically a monster when the slightest thing goes wrong. Not to undermine Zoe's pain because I think what Grace did hurt Zoe more deeply than anything that happened with Miles or Drew. But she still chose to lower herself instead of continuing to be a good person. Zoe is a tough character to understand at times.

Agreed. But the problem there is that the show hasn't been acknowledging Grace's part enough. What she did, whether or not you believe what she said to Zoe, was gross. The writers want us to accept that even though she realized she didn't like girls, she had sex with Zoe and never once bothered to tell her she didn't return those feelings until the morning after. At this point, Grace and Zoe are on equal footing and it's why I have a much easier time buying a relationship between them than between Zoe and Zig.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

At this point where do we think things stand with them? Any chance they get back on good terms?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

If I had to guess, I'd say they will. I'm just not sure I'd be happy with Zoe and Grace going back to friends without discussing how both, not just Zoe, damaged the friendship.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That's fair. I just worry Grace's focus will be her relationships with Maya and Baaz.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

It all depends. I got the sense the Maya/Grace conflict over Zig wasn't meant to be a big thing due to Grace's poor health overshadowing it. Lord knows I don't need more plots about girls fighting over boy drama, but I feel like there were clear cracks in the Maya/Grace friendship in seasons 1 and 2. If and when Zaya start to circle each other again, I'm hoping Grace won't get too much focus. As for Gracevas, I'm convinced they'll quickly go back to being friends and only Zoe will have to make amends based on how the Grace sleeping with Zoe despite knowing she's straight thing was brushed off. I really don't mean to be negative. It's just I was disappointed with the way Grace's characterization was handled. On the romantic front, my money is on Grace/Jonah.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I hope Baaz doesn't get too jealous.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

thiojames.tumblr.com

Almost. What a lovely bittersweet gifset. Really nice choice of images and text...can feel the tension.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have that one in my bookmarks somewhere, too, because it´s really well done.
And I´m kinda still not sure, if their story is already told or if there´s still something to come.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Isn't Zoe staying with Grace and her mother at ths point? That should give us at least something involving this pair.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, and Rasha might have a question or two about Zoe living with her 'ex-something'...
And when Zoe realizes that Grace might not have as long to live than she thought (in S1 they still talked about twenty years) I could imagine her deciding to spend those years with Grace.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

rasharivas

Zoe's a good pillow fighter and I also like that she encourages Grace to pursue outdoor hobbies, even if she doesn't fish with Jonah. :wink:
Old 09-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Pillow Fighters as a thread name? Works for me.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

rasharivas

I like this set. Makes it more powerful to have the definition of home with the dialogue.

Thread title? I like pillow fighters. What about the safety nets? Kinda reminds me of Mellie's Security Blankets.