Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

kyaa! I loved Eli's "I probably always will" line about loving Clare. I know this episode ended with Cake and Imogeli but ultimately this episode showed that while Cake and Imogeli are interesting enough couples, Eclare is the only one built for the long haul. I predict they'll be leaning on each other after the events at prom. Oh man thinking about it makes me soooo sad. *cries*
Old 08-26-2011, 03:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Don't even get me started on that joke of a love declaration. It's times like this when I'm convinced that the writers are indeed wanting us to suffer. That whole scene was such a punch in the throat.

That said, it was a bittersweet moment for us EClare fans. Eli clearly meant himself as well, when he spoke for Jake and of course my heart broke knowing Clare was reciprocating that love to Jake, and only Jake. However, I'd say her true feelings are reflected in that one stolen look between them. She still cares for him. She still loves him. Even if now in addition to Eli, there's also room for Jake in her heart. And when Eli blocked her from leaving the sweat lodge, I swear I saw more chemistry in that one split moment than I have in all of Cake's "love" scenes combined.

Eli! He was so benevolent tonight! I honestly don't think I could have done what he did for Clare. I really don't. He basically set himself up for a world of heartbreak, but he did so with noble intentions that really showed integrity and character growth. He's always loved Clare, but he was too much of a mess before to see that he was being selfish with her. But now that he's taken the initiative to get help for himself and had the time to reflect on his behavior, he's gained perspective. It's Clare's happiness that matters to him, and so he finds a way to ensure her heart won't get broken. He's remorseful and desperate to make things right, even if the desired outcome hurts him in the end. I'm so proud of him! He's realizing what it means to truly love someone in that you have to be selfless and let them go when that time comes.

Last edited by Emanified; 08-26-2011 at 03:47 AM
Old 08-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
That said, it was a bittersweet moment for us EClare fans. Eli clearly meant himself as well, when he spoke for Jake and of course my heart broke knowing Clare was reciprocating that love to Jake, and only Jake. However, I'd say her true feelings are reflected in that one stolen look between them. She still cares for him. She still loves him. Even if now in addition to Eli, there's also room for Jake in her heart. And when Eli blocked her from leaving the sweat lodge, I swear I saw more chemistry in that one split moment than I have in all of Cake's "love" scenes combined.
I agree! The chemistry between them sparks... I don't really see any romantic chemistry between CAKE. And Jake didn't even *say* he loved Clare. I'm just... I don't... have words. :/

Quote:
Eli! He was so benevolent tonight! I honestly don't think I could have done what he did for Clare. I really don't. He basically set himself up for a world of heartbreak, but he did so with noble intentions that really showed integrity and character growth. He's always loved Clare, but he was too much of a mess before to see that he was being selfish with her. But now that he's taken the initiative to get help for himself and had the time to reflect on his behavior, he's gained perspective. It's Clare's happiness that matters to him, and so he finds a way to ensure her heart won't get broken. He's remorseful and desperate to make things right, even if the desired outcome hurts him in the end. I'm so proud of him! He's realizing what it means to truly love someone in that you have to be selfless and let them go when that time comes.
Yes! I really loved Eli in this episode and was so happy to see he *is* coming back to himself. He saw what he did when he was manic and regrets it. But, more than that... He did things to make it better. And the way he was with Clare last night... On one side, it was a kick in the throat, like you said. On the other side, it showed how much he wanted Clare to be happy. I do find it a little sad that he thinks Clare doesn't feel the same way he does... because that is not true at all. I am waiting for that to be explored further.

I REALLY don't think Clare/Jake are breaking up at prom, despite what the promo says. I think it is misleading or Clare is misunderstanding something. I would LOVE to be wrong, but them breaking up four episodes later would make their ILYs even more irrelevant.

Sad to see Holly J, Sav, and Anya graduating next week. At least Fiona will still be around. But now Eclare are pretty much going to be 80% of what keeps my interested in the show. I don't really know why... But I don't love all the characters like I did with the original DTNG cast. But at least there is still Eli/Clare!

icon
Old 08-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Passionate Fan

I refuse to believe that Clare loves Jake - at least in the romantic sense. I honestly believe she's trying to force herself to get over Eli, because I mean... she's been dating Jake for like two weeks. And all they do is make out. So... no. I'm sorry, but no. Again, I think Clare's just trying to force herself to move on and convince herself that she loves Jake when she doesn't.

And Jake never even said he loved her. ELI said it FOR him, and Jake just sort of smiled and nodded and went along with it. So... what even.

I mean, really... the writers are doing a terrible job at convincing me that Cake is meant to be, if that is in fact their intent. They had no buildup whatsoever, and as far as we can tell, they have no common interests or goals or hobbies either. The foundation of their relationship is that they are attracted to each other and like making out. That's it.

I'm just really irritated, and I hope that if when Eli and Clare get back together, all this pain and suffering will be worth it, because right now... I'm just annoyed.

On a more positive note, Eli still loves Clare. He's come to terms with this and he just wants her to be happy. Now, I think, Clare needs to come to terms with her own feelings - because the end of "Extraordinary Machine" implies that she hasn't. So... yeah.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

*shrugs* Strangely I'm not that upset by last night at all. We know Eli loves Clare and we know that even though she doesn't want to Clare still loves Eli. I think my favorite moment was Clare's reaction to Eli's "I'm bipolar." I think she's relieved to know there's A) an explaination for Eli's past behavior B) Eli finally knows what's going on and he's getting real help.

As for Jake and Clare- they probably do love each other but it's not the same kind of love Eclare had. They seem to have more of a family-esque love. Honestly there are points between all their makeout sessions that I feel like they have a kind of sibling vibe between them. It's similar to what Clare has with Adam. Ultimately I feel like Clare is "pushing" a lot in her relationship with Jake. She still loves Eli but feels like she can't be with him, of course she's trying her best to make things happen with Jake. Ultimately I think Clare is confused. She's only ever been in love once (with Eli) so with her history with Jake it's no wonder she feels "love" for him. Doesn't mean that love is what everyone else thinks it is.

Ultimately I'm not even remotely worried or sad about anything. And I really liked a lot of the little glances between Eli and Clare. So yup.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Passionate Fan

^ Once again, you have restored my faith.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Passionate Fan

OH! So... what do you guys think is going to happen next week?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Are we supposed to see that Imogeli coffee date? Because... seriously? I really don't want those two to date. I feel like it's going to happen and I'm going to end up hating it. *shrugs* I wouldn't mind a friendship as long as all the manipulation is over.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Passionate Fan

I think Imogen could be the worst thing to ever happen to Eli, if they date. I do feel bad for *some* of the things that happened to her, but I really felt she brought a lot of it on herself. What did she expect to happen when she used to memory of his former girlfriend to weasel her way into his life? :/

Also, she has already shown she isn't above manipulating him. I just can see it going to a very dark place. I can't see how their relationship would ever be healthy, given both of their personalities. And I like Imogen a lot more away from Eli.

Next week, I'm just hoping Eli/Clare have some friendly interaction before the prom scenes. Also, that Eli/Clare find comfort in each other if Adam is the one who gets shot...

icon
Old 08-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaBlue (View Post)
I think Imogen could be the worst thing to ever happen to Eli, if they date. I do feel bad for *some* of the things that happened to her, but I really felt she brought a lot of it on herself. What did she expect to happen when she used to memory of his former girlfriend to weasel her way into his life? :/

Also, she has already shown she isn't above manipulating him. I just can see it going to a very dark place. I can't see how their relationship would ever be healthy, given both of their personalities. And I like Imogen a lot more away from Eli.
yes I agree with all of this. I really wish Imogen would just continue to kick it with Bianca for awhile.

Quote:
Next week, I'm just hoping Eli/Clare have some friendly interaction before the prom scenes. Also, that Eli/Clare find comfort in each other if Adam is the one who gets shot...
We might get some friendship hints before prom, but I really think post-prom is when we might get a real moment between these two. I don't think it'll be loud. More likely Eli and Clare holding hands in the hospital waiting to hear about Adam.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
yes I agree with all of this. I really wish Imogen would just continue to kick it with Bianca for awhile.
I'm telling you... Imanca will happen.

Quote:
We might get some friendship hints before prom, but I really think post-prom is when we might get a real moment between these two. I don't think it'll be loud. More likely Eli and Clare holding hands in the hospital waiting to hear about Adam.
Probably.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Loyal Fan

So, I still don't know how to feel about Clare telling Jake she loves him. Are we actually supposed to believe her, or...? I'm serious, though. Do the writers want us to believe that she loves him, or do they want us to suspect otherwise? Because given the circumstance, I can't help but be in the latter category. How am I supposed to take that ~love confession seriously? But the problem is, the way it happened, I can't help but feel as though we are supposed to take it seriously. Clare's not the type of girl to just say something like that and not mean it. Unless she just thinks she means it, but...

Perhaps she just felt like she had to say it because Eli was there and Jake was there, and what was she supposed to say, really? But still. The way she said it - she didn't seem uncomfortable with Jake's confession, and her own sounded pretty sincere.

Gah. I don't know.

A few side notes:

So, I guess Cristine ships Adam and Imogen.

I also ship Katie and Jake, and I kind of wish Katie was still interested in him, and not Drew. I'm not a huge Drianca shipper or anything, but those two are so obviously meant to be. And there's no way they're not getting back together.

But Adam/Katie is also cute. Maybe after Adam gets shot, she'll confess her love.

Maybe I should just start shipping everything. Save myself a lot of pain.

You know what? Scratch that. I'm shipping nothin'. That's probably a better plan.

Last edited by Kwinks; 08-27-2011 at 08:47 PM
Old 08-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Passionate Fan

^ I don't know. I just... I don't know. Because I mean, they've only been dating for a few weeks. There's no way Clare could be IN love with Jake, or vice-versa. I mean, I'm sure they care about each other, but... LOVE? Ehh... no.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Loyal Fan

^ I would like to agree with you, but...the writers have gotten pretty screwy lately, and at this point, I wouldn't put it past them to expect us to believe it.

What's even more bothersome is that I feel like we're supposed to be taking the fact that Jake and Clare make out more as proof that they're more ~in love~ than Eli and Clare were, but...what kind of message is that to send? If your relationship is more physical with one person than with another, it's automatically more meaningful?

I just can't any more.

Last edited by Kwinks; 08-27-2011 at 08:47 PM
Old 08-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Exactly. I mean, what the hell.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top