Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
I heard about that.
Yeah, I was on Tumblr today, and someone brought up a really interesting theory.

Spoiler:
Old 10-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry for the double post, but I dug up this video on my Facebook feed, shortly after my last post. Unlike the other video, it seems to be directly related to Frankston. I'll spoile tag it in case you guys don't want to be spoiled.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know they're going to have a lot of plots.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Anyone want to speculate on the brief glimpses of them we've seen in the promos?
Old 11-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Spoiler:

Just came across this fan video and that got me wondering if that maybe Winston thinks that Frankie is ready to be sexually active, or maybe already is, and he has to try to catch up. Kinda a JT/Manny type situation. I hope things end better for Frankie and Winston if that is the case though. Their relationship pattern so far has been realizing that the other isn't who they seem and appreciating that.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i really like these two more after the sneak.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
i really like these two more after the sneak.
Same here. Apparently, they've been dating for about a month now, according to the sneak peek.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Re sneak peek:
Spoiler:
Old 11-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Even though it's been a day since the episode airing, I'm gonna spoiler tag this, in case people don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler:
Old 11-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am really liking these two more and more.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I ended up writing mostly about Frankie and the possible consequences of sending out boob pics on the net so I posted that over in her thread and I'll say here that I think if the parents or school do not find out, Winston will be the one who will. Degrassi usually does focus on peer dynamics and then that would let TPTB ignore legal issues/disband the squad and still use them for future plots. I don't know if Winston will break up with her but there is at the very least going to be jealousy and confusion. He might think the guy meant something to her (why else would she do that, right?) and is baffled when she did it for money or even out of rebellion. And interesting twist might be if the two make up and Winston starts pressuring Frankie for pics as well.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I ended up writing mostly about Frankie and the possible consequences of sending out boob pics on the net so I posted that over in her thread and I'll say here that I think if the parents or school do not find out, Winston will be the one who will. Degrassi usually does focus on peer dynamics and then that would let TPTB ignore legal issues/disband the squad and still use them for future plots. I don't know if Winston will break up with her but there is at the very least going to be jealousy and confusion. He might think the guy meant something to her (why else would she do that, right?) and is baffled when she did it for money or even out of rebellion. And interesting twist might be if the two make up and Winston starts pressuring Frankie for pics as well.
I really hope not, I mean, that's the last thing we need right now, especially with so many Winston haters cropping up. I also wanted to share with you all, something that I read on Tumblr, pertaining to the Frankston scene in Frankie's bedroom, that was posted in a group I roleplay in.

This person apparently interpreted Winston removing his shirt and tickling her, as pressuring her, and "violating" her right to say no to him. I'm sorry, but Winston didn't really come across like that for me. I mean, yes, his comment about guys being "programmed" touch breasts, was a little sexist, but at the same time, I seriously doubt that by taking off his shirt, he was attempting to somehow pressure or violate Frankie. I also believe that if Frankie were uncomfortable with this, then she would've looked more uncomfortable, and had not been smiling and giggling. I mean, she did put her foot down, when Winston reached for her chest, so I can't see why she would let him trying to pressure her slide. Also, Winston has shown that he's more than willing to respect Frankie's wishes, in not going further.

I just wanted to share this theory because it really angered me, personally. As a girl, I didn't feel that Winston was pressuring or somehow violating Frankie's rights. I mean, yeah, the comment about guys being "programmed" annoyed me a little, but he respected her wishes. I can understand people who don't like Winston, for whatever reason, but please don't twist him into being some kind of ******* who pressures girls, and doesn't respect them. Who knows, he could end up being that, in the future, but for that specific scene, I feel as though, we weren't supposed to interpret his actions as being that.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I was wondering if Winston was getting any hate. But I thought he would get it from the plot with Miles/Tristan and maybe some would wonder if Winston was homophobic. Anyway, I can see where that person was coming from with Winston pressuring Frankie. But I agree with you and I don't think it was any kind of violation. Winston was leading the make out session, sure, but I don't think he had sinister intentions and would have stopped. I mostly see the character as sort of copying behaviors he has seen because he isn't that mature - he thinks that touching Frankie's breasts is what he should do when they are making out. He thinks guys should have sex on the brain, "be programmed" that way. It easily could be something he could unlearn as he grows up. It kinda reminds me of Jimmy and Ashley in season 1. Neither was ready to have sex or be that mature but both were trying to.

These two are much more adorable when they are being themselves and not concerned with peer pressure, but hey, that's high school. And this is Degrassi. I have to admit I am curious for some intense moments for them even though both characters have that innocence. Don't want them to be stuck in b plot comic relief.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:37 PM
New Fan

The Picture

Winston is definitely going to find out about the picture. Remember, he's lab partners with Zoë. But, Frankie only sent out one nude. And I'm sure we'll find out who bought it. (I really hope it wasn't Hunter *shudders*) Either way drama is slowly encroaching on this couple. And I'm very curious to see what the normally passive Winston will do.
Raven.Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven.Eye (View Post)
Winston is definitely going to find out about the picture. Remember, he's lab partners with Zoë. But, Frankie only sent out one nude. And I'm sure we'll find out who bought it. (I really hope it wasn't Hunter *shudders*) Either way drama is slowly encroaching on this couple. And I'm very curious to see what the normally passive Winston will do.
It was Hunter. The number on Hunter's phone matches Frankie's username on the app Grace developed.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread