Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Frankie & Winston | The Superheroes: Comic book reading nerds by day... drama and fire starting by night.

Hey, everyone!
So, I couldn't help but notice that this place is lacking a Frankston thread.
I've grown to really like Frankston, mostly because they're one of the few drama free couples, at the moment, and the whole idea of the older brother's best friend crushing on the little sister has always been intriguing. From what I've seen of them, they seem to be a very, young innocent couple, in comparison to the others. I mean, I'm pretty sure that both of them are new to relationships, and so, watching them try to navigate through this one, is both amusing and endearing.

starssoblue

Reasons
1. Because she's not just Miles' kid sister.
2. Because he came up with their 'ship name'.

Fans
1. NewYorkCityRoyalty
2. DuVe2LoVe

Feel free to post your opinions and join in the discussion! I can't wait to hear what you guys think of Frankston.

Last edited by kaleidocat; 12-09-2017 at 11:51 AM
NewYorkCityRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm on board with them. Of all the couples that emerged this season I think this might be my favorite.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
I'm on board with them. Of all the couples that emerged this season I think this might be my favorite.

Yeah. I like that their issues, in comparison to other couples' issues on the show are relatively simple.

I mean, when they first showed the promo with Frankie calling him a jerk, I seriously thought it'd be a bad fight or something. xD

But once they showed the actual episode, it became apparent that the issue wasn't actually a huge issue, like I thought it'd be, but rather a misunderstanding on Frankie's part, and maybe a bit of selfishness on Winston's part.

I at least appreciate that he acknowledged he was wrong, and Becky didn't listen to him. In a sense, I can understand his reasoning. I don't think he intended to hurt her feelings, or make her feel insecure.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I refuse to not support anything Miles's Girl Sister does. I recall noting in one of the 13C episodes when i noticed here that i really liked this character; that she was kind of funny and quick with a response. I kept my eye on her, and she has turned into easily my favourite character on the show.

pairing her with winston is a strange choice, one that could prove fruitful or just flop completely. it would be like pairing Manny with Toby, one of these characters feels like they have BIG TIME STAR POTENTIAL, the other just feels like a sidekick. i don't know, i really loved the episode where they got together and i've enjoyed the dynamic of their relationship, but i can't put my finger on what it is, because it feels so incredibly wrong. This shouldn't work, but it kind of does.

Above all else, I guess this relationship hasn't given me a reason to dislike it, which can't much be said for any other relationship on this show. Miles's Girl Sister is a powerhouse, we'll see how long Winston can keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
Yeah. I like that their issues, in comparison to other couples' issues on the show are relatively simple.

I mean, when they first showed the promo with Frankie calling him a jerk, I seriously thought it'd be a bad fight or something. xD

But once they showed the actual episode, it became apparent that the issue wasn't actually a huge issue, like I thought it'd be, but rather a misunderstanding on Frankie's part, and maybe a bit of selfishness on Winston's part.

I at least appreciate that he acknowledged he was wrong, and Becky didn't listen to him. In a sense, I can understand his reasoning. I don't think he intended to hurt her feelings, or make her feel insecure.
I think this is the appeal for me, they don't seem like an EPIC COUPLE, they're just kids who like each other, and to me, those have always been the best couples. A Sean/Ellie will always be better than a Craig/Ashley. The only exception to an epic couple being better than a quiet one is probably a Holly J/Sav and Eclare. I'm going on memory here, but I remember Holly J/Sav being just a light hearted nothing and Eclare being this big booming epic romance, but Eclare was 100% more entertaining. This is going off of memory and my memory has deceived me before.

Last edited by Maple Crunch; 08-05-2014 at 07:45 AM
Maple Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for creating this thread. My co-mod and I have been talking about how we should have one. I think I mentioned them in the UC thread and wanting it, especially for the tension it would create between Winston and Miles.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Thanks for creating this thread. My co-mod and I have been talking about how we should have one. I think I mentioned them in the UC thread and wanting it, especially for the tension it would create between Winston and Miles.
No problem. I was starting to worry that nobody liked them.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

They were so cute when watching the movie and being lovy/doy
Old 08-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeshie20 (View Post)
They were so cute when watching the movie and being lovy/doy
Yeah, but I was a little disappointed that they never showed Miles finding out. I mean, he sort of just off-handedly mentioned that he knew about Winston and Frankie dating. I would've liked to have seen his reaction to them.

What do you guys think Miles thinks of Frankston? I mean, based on the recent episode, his friendship with Winston seemed pretty strained, and not just due to Winston and Frankie. Winston almost seemed fed up with Miles, last night, and I can't really blame him, after what he tried to pull during the trial.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

They remind me of Maya + Cam. Two inexperienced people who seem to be exploring the realm of dating together. I'd love for this relationship to be a... clumsy one. Does that make sense? I want to see them use this relationship to learn the ropes of being in relationships.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman129 (View Post)
They remind me of Maya + Cam. Two inexperienced people who seem to be exploring the realm of dating together. I'd love for this relationship to be a... clumsy one. Does that make sense? I want to see them use this relationship to learn the ropes of being in relationships.
Now that you mention it, they sort of do me remind me of them. I mean, based on what we've seen of Winston, he doesn't seem to have had a girlfriend, before. I don't really know about Frankie, but based on her insecurity about a comment he made about her modeling, I would say that she's also inexperienced in relationships.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So any thoughts on what we might see with them in the new season?

Old 09-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm curious how the parents feel about them dating so I would like to see that. Maybe that would give us some info into how Winston and Frankie's families know each other. And that would tell us more about if Winston is as wealthy and tell us more about him.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, I wonder about that as well. I'm kinda hoping they make his family well off, but not well off enough to be sending their kids to private schools and giving them sports cars to drive around. But, regardless, knowing more about Winston can only be a good thing, and hopefully we'll see that with this pairing.

The two of them curled up watching movies, someone needs to do an avatar of that.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Ugh, I need to edit the board guide and add these two. So I'm giving this a bump.

Screencaps from zoerivas.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Damn, Winston's a goof.

Thanks for posting.

Reply   Post New Thread