Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2016, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That was just a bad little joke, I'm sure they get along just fine.

Posted without watching....

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 03-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

She loves the Sims! Has anyone sent her those youtube videos of the cast as Sims? More importantly has anyone created Sims of Frankie and the rest of that group? You could fix the Hollingsworth family woes! Or create new ones.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I remember when I played the Sims way back when every once in a while I would do absolutely nothing for my character and he'd get all pissed off at me, stomping is foot. Then he'd eventually keel over. Good times. Good times.

sarawais Taking a picture OF my Polaroid camera instead of WITH it because film is expensive #truth ☕️

Old 03-03-2016, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

OMG I was such a control freak with mine. For hours. I think I have shown more devotion to The Sims than most things in life.

I love that picture of Sara. Too true about the polaroids.

My dad left. My boyfriend ended things. I feel like I can’t trust anyone…
://ezmesong.tumblr.com

Thoughts on Next Class Frankie? I think I was expecting her to be more intense than she was? Or Degrassi to take the character more seriously? I liked it and it followed up on her from last season. But compared to how her brothers' issues are represented, I guess I ended up feeling like Frankie was whiny despite that I think she should be entitled to her feelings. Or I thought TPTB wanted me to feel that way and for her to snap out of it? But maybe all the Hollingsworth kids were being told that in a different way. None of them were really feeling heard.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

As much as I still like Frankie, her character was one of my biggest disappointments in Next Class. I completely agree that it seemed the writers intended for her to come across as whiny, but I personally didn't view her that way. This is what rubs me the wrong way about Frankie/Jonah. Their dynamic seems to be Frankie being "spoiled" while "wise" Jonah puts her in her place. But the little we know about Jonah suggests he should be the last person passing judgment on anyone. All in all, it felt like we were going to get (at the least) a story line about depression, but instead, it became about her budding relationship. It makes me miss Frankston in comparison because at least back in season 14 she was getting non relationship plots.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm not the biggest the fan of Jonah to begin with, and yeah I thought he was pretty judgmental in their whole little courtship.

I hope they don't forget Frankie's relationship with Hunter as his story line moves forward. I fear they're going to make it all about the two brothers.

Lastly, Frankie reminds me of Darcy in that picture set.

Old 03-09-2016, 03:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Sadly, I think their bonds with Miles are going to take precedence simply because he's Degrassi's new leading man. But surely we can hope for at least some Frankie/Hunter. It's sad that we've seen so little of them considering that they're twins. I know not all twin relationships are the same and they hang out in much different social circles, but still. I don't believe Frankie at the least wouldn't check up on Hunter from time to time.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I love the Hollingsworth brother bond and I think it makes sense to explore them as a duo of sorts because they both have rage issues. I think they might understand each other in a way that Frankie can't. But hopefully that also plants a plot seed in the brains of the writers. Like, wouldn't Frankie feel left out of the family dynamic? Actually Next Class Frankie already does. The men in the Hollingsworth family have this rage outlet. The women don't. Seems like their roles could lead to a Degrassi style discussion on gender roles and emotional health.

Anyway...Sara had a fun night:

I hope the heel accident happened after the acceptance of the award. I would have risked it for those shoes too.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, maybe the intention is that they want to show that depressive people can come across as whiny, so no one takes it all too serious till much later. The thing with depressions are that they are less obvious to see like addiction (Miles) and aggressions (Hunter), but they can be as destructive.
But with the Frankie/Jonah dynamic I have to say that you´re right. Right now it looks like she just needs a douchebag of a boyfriend to pull her out of it. I really hope it doesn´t end with that.

And I for sure want her involved with her brothers. It was really nice to see them stick together at the end of Firestarter(2). And I think with those three they can explore how people mentally react in completely different ways to the same situation. That would be not so much about genders. BTW I don´t see the rage outlet in Miles.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Interrupting the discussion for a moment to share a pic:

That must be Aislinn's award. Where was she at? She was there...right? I thought she was presenting. I think I'm wrong.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Isn't Aislinn in LA hanging out with Fiona and Imogen err...Annie and Cristine?

Sara's got some hops.

Okay, maybe not.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

This tweet made me anxious.

Then really happy because Degrassi has been around long enough to do a plot about embarrassments like this on social media/the internet. In Degrassi Junior High this plot would be about a misplaced note that was passed during class.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It's one of those classic style plots that anyone can relate to in their own way.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

"There was never a horse girl...oh that was me." I love those realizations. She sounds like a lovable oddball. I liked the story her parents told about how fascinated she was with watching herself on camera. All the pets with the fam.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
All the pets with the fam.
Including the ones on the front porch.

Sara got her wisdom teeth on Monday, and she tweeted along as she went through the day. Well, someone tweeted for her as after a while I'm pretty sure she was in no condition to do it herself.

Here's one of the early tweets. She'd hate me because I don't remember much pain at all. Still used all four excused days off from school, though.

Last week she posted about her teacher begging her to learn apostrophes, but all I and anyone can notice is just how amazing her handwriting is.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top