6. season 7
7. season 8
8. season 6
xosellie4evaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Oooh! I want to do this. For me it's this:

Season 10 (I LOVE THIS SEASON SO MUCH)
Season 7 (Crazy Darcy and all the Lakehurst kids!)
Season 2 (pretty much everyone was cute and likeable)
Season 9
Season 3 (loses points for the Breakfast Club ep... ugh)
Season 4 (really because of TSS... it loses points for Kevin Smith)
Season 8 (loses points for the godawful movie)
Season 1
Season 6
Season 5 (SO BAD... the only thing I LIKED about season 5 was Palex)
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Season 10 of course!
Season 9
Season 8 (SOOO GOOD!)
Season 4
Season 7
Season 3
Season 6
Season 2 (Craig! This could be higher, but. I haven't watched enough of the season to judge.)
Season 1
Season 5
Old 08-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

for me:
Season 10-loved!!!!
Season 9-loved!
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5,6,7,8 were my least favorite seasons with the exception of Semma reunion in Season 6. I hated a lot of the new people Darcy, Peter, Jimash, the crellie/cranny crap, janny, I loved palex and early sparcy but those were the only good things I thought.
Proud Shipper and Fan of Val/Jeff Holly/Henry Brooke/Lucas Jake/Peyton Nathan/Taylor Sean/Emma Craig/Manny Jay/Alex Spinner/Paige Kelso/Jackie Eric/Donna Cory/Topanga Slater/Jesse Zack/Kelly David/Donna Brenda/Dylan Kelly/Brandon Steve/Janet Brady/Amber Henry/Sam[/ COLOR]Dedicated to Andrew Lawrence, Dustin Milligan, ARod Jared Padalecki, Sam Winchester, and Milo Ventimiglia True Love First Love[/COLOR] I want a Henry of my own.
lovejonathanjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Loyal Fan

My favorites are Season 2, 3, & 4. They change between those three all the time. Depends what mood I'm in.

Rankings:
1. Season 2, 3, 4 - Amazing
4. Season 5 - Great
5. Season 1 - Good, but short
6. Season 9 - Okay, up until the last episode...
7. Season 7 - Some REALLY strong episodes, but a lot of weak ones.
8. Season 10 - Okay, not that great. Super overrated. *points to posts above that I'm laughing and rolling my eyes in shock* (You guys are probably newer watchers though so no offense) Like what the heck is so great about this season? Can someone tell me? Not reasons like "so amazing" "good acting" "good writing" because all of those are false imo, especially the latter. Pretty lackluster and I don't really like the new kids. The episodes are too rushed and the format doesn't work with 22 minute episodes. No freeze frame either.
9. Season 6 - Boring. No stand out episodes except for DYWM. Rock This Town was only good for the last 10 minutes.
10. Season 8 - Go DIAF, freaking sucked. People who like it suck harder. Only three really good episodes and a few decent ones. The good ones don't outweigh the bad. Although I think Jane Says, Heart Of Glass & Danger Zone are better than any episode in Seasons 6, 9 & 10, but like I said, overall the season was horrible.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplexMoon (View Post)
8. Season 10 - Okay, not that great. Super overrated. *points above* (You guys are probably newer watchers though so no offense)
Wow. Uh, not that I should have to defend my loyalty over the years, but I've been watching Degrassi religiously since 2002/2003. So there!

Oh and...

Quote:
People who like it suck harder.
Really now?
Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
Wow. Uh, not that I should have to defend my loyalty over the years, but I've been watching Degrassi religiously since 2002/2003. So there!

Oh and...

Really now?
Did you not read the part where I said no offense and probably? Probably = likely, but not likely and an assumption. One of the posters even said they haven't seen all of Season 2. I thought Season 8 was absolutely terrible and boring. UWWB, TOG, UG, CAC were all terrible imo. Although Season 8 isn't overrated. I think this season is though. I don't understand why people like it so much, it's not even good. Is it because of the soap format?
Old 08-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Addicted Fan

You thought season 5 was great, I thought it was a heaping pile of crap. We're different people with different tastes and that's awesome. But just because you like something and I don't, doesn't mean I think you "suck" or that you're probably a new fan because a longtime fan would know better. I mean, you literally said that season 8 fans suck. That's just not a nice thing to say about other fans.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Let's play nice guys. We all have our opinions and they're all equally valid. Please don't try to make things personal.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yes, let's try not to put down any fans for their love of certain seasons. We're all different. Instead let's try to describe what we love the most about them or create a good argument about why a certain season is bad.

I'm in a list making mood so I'm going to make a list based on what seasons I was most excited for live and what seasons I'm most likely to rewatch:

Seasons I was most excited for live:
Season 4 - Me at my most emotionally intense. I do more for the fandom in recent years and back then I was not involved (aside from lurking) so it might seem a bit strange. But this is the season where I made sure I was first in line to download the CTV episode on soulseek (I'm really sorry about this now guys, since I was still on dial-up). I remember details from my viewing experience including what I ate while watching and what class I came home from prior to. Nothing will ever compare.
Season 2 - I'm going to (re)tell you a story about how I got into Degrassi. My brother, about age 11, asks me if I've heard of this show called Degrassi. The first character he mentions is Craig; he's abused. For whatever reason, I gravitate towards these characters. Have for at least a decade. I'm home on holiday break and get to see this episode called Drive. That last scene with Joey disciplining Craig over the contest tickets was such a tease and in secret I would replay it over and over, imagining Craig's story.

I used to email Noggin/The-N since then and demand that WDC be aired so my family could record it and send it to me. My request wasn't filled till April. Even then, things were edited. So later I had to download the episode in French and imagine what Albert was saying while he beat Craig in the darkroom. Don't even ask about the confusion I had with the skateboard flying in the air at the tracks (we didn't see Craig with the train till later).

Sometime around White Wedding I had TeenNick on cable. This story might be confusing time wise, but I think their season split was even more spread back then. So technically I may not have been watching live but I really really wanted those episodes!
Season 10
Season 7
Season 3 - I actually stopped watching sometime during this season. I can't remember exactly why but it was towards the mid to end. Was the Terri/Rick abuse storyline? Did the Craig love triangle turn me off?
Season 9
Season 8
Season 5 - I think I was present???
Season 6 - I didn't even bother to watch Rock This Town. And supposedly it's fan fave and critical episode since someone died. There's still episodes I haven't seen. Everything was relationship fueled drama; not for me.

Season 1 is non-applicable since I didn't start watching live (or semi live thanks to VHS tapes shipped from home) till season 2.

Seasons ranked on re-watchability:
Season 1 - I know, wtf right? I don't own it on DVD but I'm glued during the marathons on TeenNick. It makes me so happy to rewatch it. Happy place! Happy place!
Season 2 - I will rewatch most of the epsiodes during marathons on TeenNick. I've also been known to pop in the DVD for When Doves Cry and Tears Are Not Enough more than twice a year.
Season 4 - Favorite season and I just don't use my DVDs. Will watch during the marathons. It feels better alright? I'm sure once TeenNick drops Degrassi in 10 years, and assuming I still have a DVD player (I still have a VHS player so it's likely I will have this), I can see myself popping in the DVDs or upgrading to the current format. =P
Season 10 - I'm ranking this as such since I watch the live, and the encore the same night after, and the encore of all 4 "boiling point" episodes on Friday.
Season 5 - New found appreciation for the Spinner post shooting/redemption episodes. Consider tuning in during the marathon. That's all.
Season 7 - There's episodes I would rewatch - Darcy and Spinner's storylines are a highlight. But I don't.
Season 3 - The top rated among fans and I regret my DVD purchase because I think I only watched the Accidents Will Happen commentary and the extras. Big regret purchasing. Avoid during the marathons. Don't get me wrong, I have some favorites I would probably tune in for if I knew their airing time. I think maybe I just take a little breather after 1 & 2 to gear up for my fave season 4.
Season 9
Season 8
Season 6 - There's episodes I still haven't watched, let alone would re-watch. Wait I take that back. I have re-watched the a-plot to Don't You Want Me.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

S4
S3
S1
S6
S2
S10
S5
S7

I'm excluding Season 8-9 cause I didn't watch nothing but a handful of episodes. I was still recovering from the Palex having that terrible break so my Degrassi fire was at an all time low, though I did manage to watch S7 all the way through and got to see Darcy's rape/PTSD and Spane. Season 4 was my favorite season, I loved how the season started with Paige vs Dean. Season 3 was fire too! Sellie, *sighs* I miss those kids together.
Paige/Alex, Hope/Liam, Fred/Stacy, Jacob/Bella, Aster/Vivian, Sophie/Vivian, Sean/Ellie, Spinner/Jane, Jennifer/Needy, Kyle/Fish, Antonio/Layla, Bo/Hope, EJ/Sami, Brady/Chloe, Sonny/Brenda, Whitley/Dwayne

beautiful icon by: doleikita
mysticintentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Loyal Fan

from favorite to least:

s3.
s10.
s5.
s6.
s2.
s4.
s9.
s1.
s7.
s8.
worththeriskx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:28 AM
New Fan

I don't want to be one to bump a thread, but:

Season 4 - Love this season, it has got to be my all time favorite. I felt it had a lot of great episodes, and I think I may pop this DVD in the most.
Season 2 - I like how this season still had a bit on the "innocence" of Season 1 while also blending in dark and serious issues. I find myself re-watching this season a lot, in fact I'm actually in the process of re-watching it at the moment!
Season 7 - This is a season I see get a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed it. I loved Darcy's storyline during this season, and Spinner's cancer storyline was pretty good as well. Plus there is a handful of episodes I just enjoy watching.
Season 10 - From what we've seen so far, at least. It is by far the best season with the new characters. I can see myself re-watching this season a lot once it's released on DVD.
Season 3 - Haha, I actually realized I forgot to mention Season 3 in my original post! This was an alright season, but for some reason it's kind of forgettable to me.
Season 1 - I actually really love re-watching this season, I don't really know why. It has an interesting charm to it.
Season 5 - This was an okay season, but honestly it was nothing special.
Season 9 - I had originally placed Season 9 under Season 6 in my own personal rank, but now that I think about I enjoy 9 more than 6. Although Season 9 in my opinion is not that great of a season, many lackluster episodes.
Season 6 - Not that enjoyable of a season at all. I liked Darcy's internet predator storyline, and the Paige/Alex storyline's, then J.T.'s death storyline but that's about it.
Season 8 - The worst season ever.
GiantStuffedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It's alright to bump an old thread! I've done it many times. And I'm always interested to see how seasons rank with different people. for season 4 & 2 getting some love. I totally appreciate that the show really came into it's own with trying to tackle some serious issues & creating THE epic love triangle but for me 2 & 4 are always listed higher. Season 7 does get a lot of unnecessary hate IMO. Despite how childish the "Lakehurst kids" stories did seem in contrast to the "originals" I remember I enjoyed them. I kind of felt like the only one. Now it's strange with the new group of fans...I think they like those episodes more episodes that focused on Paige, Emma, Marco, etc. But Spin and Darcy totally made season 7 amazing. 2 very strong and well-developed story lines.