Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2016, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I didn't even pick up on that line when I first watched. She's such a trip.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Add me please! I love her<3

Esme had a lot a really witty lines like that, as problematic as she can be she has a lot of great lines.

Something I was wondering if she has that type of personality where she changes depending who she is clinging to. Like she really took on a ll of Mile's worst traits and kinda dressed like him. I wasn't sure if that was just Esme or if she tries to mimic who she is hanging out with. Basically I wanna know if she started hanging with Zig are we suddenly going to see her in Doc Martens and leather jackets. It think that be kinda cool and also show there is something mentally wrong with her. She clearly has some kinda personality disorder and that would fit right into that imo.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

justsomevigilante.tumblr.com

I remember back when Imogen was still being cast one of the auditions mentioned that she would wear bandages on her wrists even though she didn't cut so Esme made me super nervous when we saw something that suggested that in the promo. I was afraid of the fan reaction. And I'm not aware all that much outside of but I think I would know if there was a huge backlash against someone viewers thought was doing it for attention.

And Esme did fake it to get Miles attention. But it is pretty obvious she wasn't doing it because she just wanted to hang out. Well, she was. But the fact that she put so much effort into it and how important it was shows she's pretty troubled. I feel for her. So I'm relieved that Degrassi seems to be sensitive to the issue and they didn't make her into whatever teens imagine when they think someone fakes something like that.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

I've noticed that most viewers have been supportive of Esme. It kind of surprised me, especially when these same people ship her with Miles, arguably missing the point of their story line. Meaning that I understand liking the interactions, but I don't think it was meant to be a positive romantic relationship. I don't dislike her, but I can't like her just yet, either, and am mostly waiting to see more to form a true opinion.

Last edited by ChinaTequilia; 03-19-2016 at 07:41 AM
ChinaTequilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I enjoy the Miles/Esme relationship because I do like the interactions and I found his relationships with Maya and Tristan to be painful to watch. But, while I enoy Miles and Esme, I don't really ship them or anything. I just like the snark more than anything.

As for the reaction to Esme, I too thought fans would be a little more negative towards her. I think with the show being on Netflix you don't really have time to see to sit on and think about her little stints. Instead, a new episode is just a click away. Even in the Telenova format it's just a day away.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I wanted to call the Miles/Esme thread "Because at least Romeo and Juliet waited until the end to kill themselves" (or whatever that Sid and Nancy movie tagline was). I didn't mean it in an anti way at all. It is just the Bonnie and Clyde in me. I love a disaster. I latched onto Esme about as quick as she did with Miles. You don't have to change for me!
Old 04-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That would have worked for me.

Sometimes siblings don't look too much alike, and sometimes....

Old 05-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I hope she had a very happy birthday. Any cute shout outs from her cast members?
Old 07-24-2016, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

As some of you may have heard, last week when Family showed the first episode of Season 2 of Next Class the channel went dark for a bit. And that lead to Chelsea posting this.

Any thoughts on what we saw with her in this new batch of episodes? I watched the episodes earlier, but I've only seen the first two on my re-watch, so I haven't really come up to any significant time with her yet. I remember being curious about how easily she was able to see through what Zoe was putting out there. I'm interested to see how I view that this time around. I also liked that it seemed as if we did find something she really does take seriously in her dancing.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okun (View Post)
I get more and more the impression that Esme is used as mirror to the other characters. Last season it was Miles, this season it was Zoe and Zig. It´s interesting how she can be a mirror to so many traits, but I also hope we´ll get more of who she really is. And I´d really like to see her dancing cause I think that´ll show her true self.
Her meeting someone who mirrors her should be interesting, too cause that would make her vulnerable for the first time maybe even to the point where she finally breaks down.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I like that idea, and that would put her as the vulnerable figure in the relationship which we haven't seen just yet.

Chelsea talks about going to University and asks for tips. Have any for her?

Old 09-03-2016, 12:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

I for sure hope she gets some plot, especially if she leaves after S4. And I think to really understand her, we have to see her vulnerable. She is a character that needs to break down to get her into a new direction and I think an emotionally stable person as her counterpart who doesn´t take s**t from her would be good to make that happen. Right now I´d see Winston mostly in that place. Or Jonah if his dark past (sadly) really is retconned.

Last edited by Okun; 09-03-2016 at 12:15 AM
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think we'll see something good with her, just not sure what.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Fun at Epitome with Chelsea:

I don't know if it was because of the glare or my lack of knowledge about pop culture but I thought that was Luke or Ricardo on that calendar, like the studio did a joke one.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

What it means is your old! That's okay, I'm way ahead of you in that department.

Reply   Post New Thread