Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I have nothing to say. The episodes were pretty solid, although the best was probably Monday's. I thought the finale was a little underwhelming, if anything, though.
Shiny Shinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx (View Post)
I have nothing to say. The episodes were pretty solid, although the best was probably Monday's. I thought the finale was a little underwhelming, if anything, though.
yea the finale was underwhelming.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

I thought these episode where amazing. .
And dallas getting his A.. kicked that was funny. Katie punsed some dude.
Like the storyline with and the interaction with Katie and Clare. Also liked the interaction clare/jake/katie/eli has they had nice scene's
Old 08-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

I actually really liked the the finale. It was the best "finale episode" midseason or otherwise in awhile. Maybe it's because I ignored the hype but it felt like the right balance with tension. It was dramatic so it wasn't a snoozer like In The Cold Cold Night. But it wasn't over the top like Dead and Gone or Drop The World. I also liked the fact everyone got happy endings. Sometimes that's cheesy but it made sense for the story.

It certainly wasn't perfect and I think maybe they should have gone in a more emotional/less-action based direction for Clare but it also really worked. It felt very means justify the end in regards to Clare. I loved the way she realized that she has to take responsibility for what she puts out there. It was a great message that felt right for Clare and ultimately it made the missteps worth it.

After hating Katie all season I was surprised that I really liked her in the finale. I was very resistant to the Katie/Clare friendship but I think it's a huge benefit for Katie as a character. It provides her with a focus that's not about her in any way. And they have good friendship chemistry. Like Demetrius and Aislinn, I think this is due to the fact they are good friends off screen.

I do hope for Clare's sake that this storyline isn't just done wrapped up in neat bow. Waterfalls was so good because it felt raw and real. Sabotage and Scream a little less so. I don't really want fantasy justice for Clare. I think that it's much better to focus on the emotional angle and that's what was missing from these last four episodes.

Also loved Dallas again in these episodes. He's really just been an outstanding addition to the show and I'm really sad we're only getting one season to explore him.

It's hard to talk about these episodes because it's been awhile since I watched them. But yeah, I liked Scream and I thought it fit really well as the end of Showdown.

edit: I will say I really didn't like the way Clare was portrayed as annoying in part 1 of Scream though. Really I thought in combination with Sabotage it felt very sexist. Like harassment victims are annoying for wanting Justice. It was another reason why Sabotage really bothered me.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
I do hope for Clare's sake that this storyline isn't just done wrapped up in neat bow. Waterfalls was so good because it felt raw and real. Sabotage and Scream a little less so. I don't really want fantasy justice for Clare. I think that it's much better to focus on the emotional angle and that's what was missing from these last four episodes.
I don't think it's over because the show left us on a sort of open-ended note. If I'm remembering this correctly. Didn't that other girl want to come forward with her story and talk to Clare about it? If there's two of them, they might have a case. So I actually assumed this storyline would continue... I suppose it's just as likely that Degrassi could just drop it.

I think it would be really cool if Clare could bring awareness to the issue through her writing. I think this would be more powerful than her seeking "justice." On the other hand, now that Degrassi isn't consuming my thoughts 24/7 and I'm sort of removed from it I'm really not opposed to Asher being "exposed" somehow. Especially with the help of this other ex-intern. That would be a good front page story.

But it would be especially interesting for Clare to find out that even "justice" comes with a price... think about it. Think about the rape culture that we live in. Think of all the victim-blaming that goes on. Imagine if there was an article in the paper exposing Asher, who is subsequently fired, but Clare's identity and the other girl's identity are kept secret. Now imagine that the article is also available online and open for comments. What would those comments say? Probably half or a majority of them would be blaming these teenage "****s" who were probably "asking" for it. Right? This is the messed-up world we live in. And imagine that Clare saw those comments. It would probably send her spiraling out of control all over again.

Ultimately, Clare may be better off if she finds a constructive way to move on, even though it sucks to know he got away with it.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

This fight scene has become one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Everything is so nuts. And how it all ends with Imogen and the confetti is just the icing on the crazy cake.