Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
There seemed to be a weird time lapse there though. Clare catches the team having their happy hour at 11 am, goes off to her meeting, returns to school to spaz out and catch a buzz, writes her article, has it published, and THEN there's the meeting with Simpson and Dallas. There wasn't any wardrobe changes in there was there? This all happened one afternoon?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this occurred across a three-day time span. The first day was when Clare saw the guys drinking at 11 AM and met with the intern, the second day was when she got buzzed with Dallas, told Jake and Katie about it, and spent an entire afternoon (and maybe a bit of the evening, since the school was closing soon) writing the article, and the day after that was the meeting with Simpson and Dallas.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
● I really did feel bad for Clare, and that’s pretty painful to admit considering how I usually dislike her.

● Honestly, how can someone like Eli try to get into Dallas’ face? That was pretty funny even though it was meant to be serious

● Was Dallas behind the garden incident? I’m not sure if that was made clear or not. He was pretty much tricked himself into admitting to the drinking, but I’m still not completely sure if he was behind it or if it was just the others

● How much money could you possibly make from a mall kiosk in the Eaton Centre?! (and how can I apply 'cuz I'd love to earn enough to buy a 3D TV, basketball tickets, and a motorcycle in one week!)
These are a few of the biggest things the episode left me with. The Clare plot started out pretty good. (namely, I was extremely impressed that there was some emotional continuity with Waterfalls, as it normally seems like Clare is rewritten every episode) That said, the plot started flailing at some point in the middle and just got kind of weird. Like Asya said, it is really striking that Clare plots never seem to be about Clare. Also, since when are Katie, Jake, Clare, and Eli all friends?

I kind of believed Dallas when he said that he didn't destroy the garden. He just seemed...sincere. I will be pretty upset if they try to go in the one-dimensional villain direction, which seems possible based on the promo and Luke so far.

There is no way Drew should be making that much money, and I also can't respect any Drew plot until we see some interaction with his family about the fact that he moved out. It is kind of a bid deal. Also, is it just me or has Drew been in pretty much every episdode? Burn out.

The Dave plot sort of came from nowhere and went nowhere, but I'm reserving judgment because it obviously hasn't fully developed yet.

Is it to soon to make an anti-hipster phone guy thread?

Last edited by MD9999; 08-14-2012 at 01:55 PM
MD9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by md9999 (View Post)
is it to soon to make an anti-hipster phone guy thread?
I WANT THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING

edited for capslock reasons~
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
There seemed to be a weird time lapse there though. Clare catches the team having their happy hour at 11 am, goes off to her meeting, returns to school to spaz out and catch a buzz, writes her article, has it published, and THEN there's the meeting with Simpson and Dallas. There wasn't any wardrobe changes in there was there? This all happened one afternoon?
It happened over three days and yes there were three wardrobe changes.
You tell with Clare:
Day one: Bright blue jacket over blue shirt
Day two: Blue cardigan over purple shirt
Day three: Blue jacket over dress

Quote:
These are a few of the biggest things the episode left me with. The Clare plot started out pretty good. (namely, I was extremely impressed that there was some emotional continuity with Waterfalls, as it normally seems like Clare is rewritten every episode) That said, the plot started flailing at some point in the middle and just got kind of weird. Like Asya said, it is really striking that Clare plots never seem to be about Clare. Also, since when are Katie, Jake, Clare, and Eli all friends?
Yup!
For one thing I think it's weird Clare and Katie are willing to be buddy-buddy despite their history. Actually I don't think they're buddy-buddy, I think Katie wanted Clare to write that article and knew just what to say in order to make that happen.

Katie/Jake/Eli/Clare is not my favorite. I don't get it. I dunno why they were hanging out in the hallway together unless they were waiting for Clare to get out of the office? Sure it makes sense that Clare might hang out with Jake and Katie or if Jake were to be around Eli and Clare since I'm sure Eli is over their house all the time and since she's with Eli there's no reason for Clare to be weird around Jake's girlfriends but all of them together?

That seems like writer's bias to me. Clearly if you follow Ramona on tumblr or twitter you know what a big fan she is of Jatie so I imagine she just assumes they can be friends with everyone. To me this was a huge problem in the episode because they just kind of swooped in and hijacked Clare's plot. Isn't this episode supposed to be about Clare getting evidence of the harassment? Why is it now suddenly about the Dallas/Jatie rivalry? Really if anything Clare seemed like a puppet in all of this.

And I think that Dallas/Clare could have been a lot more than a stupid rivalry. They were pretty good together. I know Demetrius and Aislinn have been friends for a few years now so maybe their real life relationship helped their onscreen chemistry?

And really going back to the issue of Clare's plots. I think the biggest problem for me is that when these things happen Clare's feelings get mixed in with the feelings of other characters. It gets to the point where you can't separate who Clare is from the random things she seems to be adopting from other characters. I knew - I KNEW - this was going to happen in this episode. And I think this might just be the most unfortunate situation yet because most of the problems in this episode were caused by her at all. Yet in the end it's her character that suffers. I feel like Aislinn deserves better than that.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Extreme Fan

A-Plot. See, this is what I mean when I say EClare works best when they're together. Cute scenes, Clare finally confiding in him, and them planning to double team Asher together, can't wait. Speaking of Asher, what a dick. Can't wait to see him go down.

The fight was kinda hokey (with the flip into the table), but I liked it, especially Katie and Clare getting into the mix. And now EClare is Ice Hound enemy number one. Hmm..

B-Plot. Well, I suppose I saw the end of Bhandurner coming. I wish the break-up scene was sweet instead of Dave leaving Alli to cry, but we've been heading towards the break-up since Say It Ain't So. I didn't like Dave using him not showing up at Alli's as a litmus test for their break-up, though. I wish they actually talked more.

C-Plot. Well. Um. I DID want the show to focus on a teenage marriage so, be careful what you wish for?
Old 08-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Passionate Fan

The only thing that I feel right now is disappointment

● Bianca said yes

● Once again, how could Eli possibly beat Dallas in a fist fight?! How could Katie and Clare shoved that guy?! And why were they high five-ing? It was pretty quick but it looked like the guy was trying to separate the fight, so what exactly did they accomplish?

● So I'm guessing the nudes are going to be Eli's idea? As amazing and heroic as Eli is, I don't see any possible way this could go right. Like, I don't want to be cynical and say that they should sit around and do nothing but the tone of Eli's voice didn't give me hope at all

● Even though Dallas is a terrible jerk, he's my new favourite character. I don't care what anyone says, he just steals the show for me.

● ....aaand I am still left unclear on whether the garden incident was Dallas or not. I feel like another huge throwdown is going to happen in the last two episodes and then we're all going to find out it was Adam or something I know we're supposed to hate the hockey team and cheer Clare and the rest of them on, but I honestly just can't get into it.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

This episode was like a bad crazy fanfiction. Such a disappointment it's not even funny.

Clare deserved better. I feel like this episode completely stepped around the harassment. It wasn't even about her feelings about it. It was all about Eli's feelings and Eli's relationship with Clare. I mean Eli was actually in more scenes with her. I feel like this didn't do anything to justify the way harassment victims feel. We got one really nice scene tonight with Clare telling Eli about what happened in the bedroom and that was probably the only moment tonight I really liked. I don't put any of this one Clare/Aislinn tho because Clare basically got pushed aside and Aislinn actually did a nice job with the limited material she had tonight.

The Drew/Bianca plot was... I dunno. It was a good issue wrapped in a blanket of ridiculousness. I also didn't like that it was randomly daytime in their scenes while the party was clearly at night...

The fight was over the top and pretty unnecessary. I did like Eli's comment about Dallas's face being cement though.

The Eclare scenes were nice though. I think the actual way things played out with Eli trying to get Clare's job back and then Asher telling him Clare was infatuated, etc. touched on a lot of their past issues. Again the bedroom scene worked for me. But the dialogue between Eli and Alli at the party... actually a lot of the party dialogue felt so scripted.

To be honest I don't like the Eclare/Jatie team up at all. They just don't go all together.

Umm... why bother reuniting Bhandurner for this break up? Their first break up that wasn't actually a break up was much more powerful.

mmm... I want to rewatch this episode before saying much more. But I'll put it this way, the episode was full of potential and was basically a let down.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Extreme Fan

One positive thing I have to say (because it seems like I only ever criticize this show on , but I still like it and of course watch it) is that I like how in the past few episodes we have seen communication issues. In Imogen's storyline last week, Eli yelled at her,not knowing that she was upset. That is a pretty realistic situation IMO. Similarly, Eli's actions tonight (going to see Asher and then demanding to know what happened) were kind of understandable, but, because we knew the truth, we could see how bad it was. In the Bhandurner plot, there was this whole weird head game---Alli didn't even know that Dave was unhappy! This sort of realism makes the show a bit more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
And I think that Dallas/Clare could have been a lot more than a stupid rivalry. They were pretty good together. I know Demetrius and Aislinn have been friends for a few years now so maybe their real life relationship helped their onscreen chemistry?
Yes. I really liked their scene together. Granted, the context of drinking at 11 AM in school was unflattering and Dallas really shouldn't have made a move, but they had really good chemistry (but in a non-romantic way). Sometimes you can find support or sympathy in unexpected people, and I think that would have been more interesting than the OTT 'showdown.'
Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Worst. Birthday party. Ever.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

^
Serious teen issues: a ruined birthday party
Old 08-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Addicted Fan

I've noticed there's been lots of random interaction between characters this season which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's a little weird seeing Katie/Clare so buddy buddy after how Katie treated her in season 11 but I don't know, I wouldn't mind seeing Jatie/Eclare together.

I liked the Eclare stuff. I was on the edge of my seat when everything was piling up on Clare waiting to see how Eli would handle it and I was happy Eli was supportive. I thought it was funny when Eli tried to force Fiona to throw a party for Clare and she wasn't on board with throwing a party for an acquaintance. I loved the fight scene but I didn't find Imogen's little moments as cute as a lot of other people did.

I'm looking forward to what's next for Drianca, whether they go through with the marriage or not.

I kind of wish there was more to Dave & Alli's break up. I understand why Dave wanted to break up since the odds of them lasting when Alli leaves are slim but I just wish there were more communication.

Last edited by ihavealife2uknow; 08-15-2012 at 08:15 AM
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
Worst. Birthday party. Ever.
I think you mean Liberty's birthday party in Season 6.
lexiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM
New Fan

Probably my most favorite episode of the season.
kyliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I still don't understand why the writers felt the need to put part 1 of the A plot in Clare's POV and part 2 in Eli's, but it actually flowed a lot nicer than I was expecting it to (unlike the flow between Walking on Broken Glass Pt. 1 and Pt. 2. That felt like two completely different plots.) I liked that we got to see Eli's concern for Clare in part two, but that might just be the Eclare shipper in me I don't know, I am disappointed that more wasn't shown in Clare's POV these two episodes, but I'm hoping we see more of that tomorrow and Thursday. I have a feeling we will.

Aislinn's acting during the scene where she confessed to Eli was wonderful, though. I, like others have stated, thought the Eclare interaction was spot-on. Their scenes together were the highlight of the episode, I think.

Drianca getting engaged didn't annoy me as much as I thought it would, and I appreciate Drew and Audra FINALLY speaking to each other about him moving out, since they didn't seem to speak about it at all before it happened, but I still find it really weird that a job at the mall can have such a high salary.

I've never really cared for Bhandurner. Merp.

On a side note, I absolutely loved Imogen tonight. She was adorable as always (though I'm disappointed in the lack of Climogen).

Yeah, I was expecting a lot more from this episode, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be after seeing all the promos and such. I probably would have considered it solid had my expectations not been so high. Sigh.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiness (View Post)
I think you mean Liberty's birthday party in Season 6.
I forgot about that one. This is because I still pretend that seasons 5 & 6 never happened...
Reply   Post New Thread