Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Just some thoughts I'd like to add:

So, I graduated from a regular Canadian high school and I can safely say that most of my fellow graduates did end up going to university (I believe the number was 80%) so I don't think Degrassi is really skewing the numbers all that much. Something that does irk me a little is the lack of students going to college. Here, there's university and then there's college, and honestly it makes a lot of sense for Jake to go to college (is that what you guys mean by vocational school?). I had a bunch of close friends who either went to college because they wanted less theoretical degrees, their marks just weren't enough, they wanted a job faster...etc. I dunno, it seems weird that such a popular choice would be ignored completely. Especially since Toronto has the best colleges in Ontario.

As for going to American schools, I think at least ten of the people I graduated with got full rides or partial scholarships for athletics in American schools. However, I don't know of anyone that went to an American school otherwise...it does cost way too much. The only one that came close was actually in a similar situation to Alli. My good friend (back then) got acceptance in grade 11 to Yale, and she had a few weeks where she was thinking about it but she ultimately wanted to finish high school with her friends and she ended up at a local university after graduation. Ironically, she ended up losing all of her friends and had the worst year of her life, but that's beside the point.

I definitely do hope we keep seeing the Bhandaris (and maybe get to see Sav again?) because they've just become way too awesome to watch to just go away now.

Cam is so adorable! I loved Bianca in that scene with him and I love that Cam didn't try to put up any macho front. He just kept crying 'cause he felt hopeless. That was heartbreaking, but I really hope we see more of it and that it doesn't just get magically solved with Maya. The Matlins are not a means of solving life problems, Degrassi writers!

I'll stop myself there and go back into lurkdom.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
To address an earlier comment, Jake joined Orienteering club in Cry Me A River, which is kinda like skilled map reading but in the high school circle tends to lend itself more to "adventure club" where you go out into the woods and use a map to either find certain points before a set time is up or create maps using a compass. Kinda right up Jake's nature loving alley.

Definitely agree that the clarification of Jenna's living situation lends itself to her staying with them next year. She's got her own bed in Alli's room so they still use that same set and everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by necklace
Now that you mention it, I believe there was. And didn't Alli encourage Clare to join because Jake was already a member? Could this be continuity?
Thanks for clarifying!

I agree. Last week I wasn't so sure where Jenna would live, but being on Mrs. Bhandari's good side again in Tuesday's episode secured her spot with them. I wonder how they'll address their new dynamic without Alli.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Hey yo one of the best, underrated, episodes is now officially on YouTube. Or at least us mods think so. We love the hell out of this ep.

Degrassi Showdown: Important Moments ยป Zig gets caught