Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 917 Discussion- Innocent When You Dream- Sunday June 6th at 7:00 PM ET (CTV)

I made a golden promise
that we would never part
I gave my love a locket
and then I broke her heart
and then I broke her heart

Quote:
Friday, May 7, 9:00 PM ET (TeenNick), Monday, May 24, 9:00 ET (MuchMusic), & Sunday, June 6th, 7:00 PM ET (CTV) Innocent When You Dream

Clare has sexy dreams about vampires---and Declan. (TV Guide)

Thanks to the Aces

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar

Last edited by JustMe2000; 06-06-2010 at 01:08 PM
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Awkward is so the word for it... but also pretty hilarous! God I laughed.

Weasly was pretty annoying. I liked that those were best 1 minute 42 seconds of his life but I hope we never see them again. He just doesn't suit Clare. On the plus side it looks like we probably won't since the KC/Jenna/Clare scenes from the OTS weren't in this episode. Since they shot two episodes at once for this season they'll probably get the B-plot next episode. Probably also why Jenna's in the play now...

Anyway, interesting that Clare pulls out the abstinance ring after she and KC break up. hmmm... I'm glad Clare's more or less decided not to revert to her old judgements. She's grown out of that. But she's still the character they love to embarress.

Calli was good in this episode though~

I liked that Holly J liked her stories. She was probably imagining herself with Declan in the stories (I would have liked to see that). I can see why Declan kissed him though. If he were that close to me I would too.

B-plot: I'm not a fan of Sanya so it was hard for me to see the value of this plot. Kinda boring really.
Looks like this B-plot was their reason for keeping the Forgetting Sav mini secret. Now that we know they're really over. Part 1 is up at teennick now.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Extreme Fan

That was a cute episode. I wish they emphasized Clare's struggling with her "perverted feelings" and her faith a bit more, but it was cool. I'm glad the niners are interacting with the older kids more.

Sav annoyed me in this episode. When he said he dumped Anya due to her lying, I wish she jumped back in his face and said that he was less than truthful to her, AND his family. Ugh. That annoyed me. I know this is Degrassi, but I wish they didn't shove all the blame for the breakup into Anya's lap.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

One thing hit me while watching the subplot was that the Sav/Anya two-parter was 915/916 and this was 917. So if the episodes had been aired in order, this plot would have been directly after those two. I actually think it worked out better for that plot that it didn't air right after 916 in this run of episodes.

My main thing with that plot was that it appears they finally decided to move on from each other, which was needed after that last break up. On another note, I think both Sam and Ray have really improved over their run on the show. I thought they did a fine fine job with these recent plots.

As for the main plot, I can't tell you how much I loved that in Clare's stories, she, and not the hot guy, was the vampire. I too wish that maybe a little more was done with how her feelings conflicts with her faith, but I really liked the way it was handled by Declan and Holly J when they found out. My single favorite scene in the episode was the one with Holly J and Clare at the end. That was great. I was also happy to see lots of good Clare/Alli stuff, as they're one of my favorite relationships on the show. The scene where Clare apologizes to Allie for her "mistake with Jonny" line, and Allie just brushes it off as "heat of the battle" stuff was the type of small moment that sells these on screen friendships. Loved that. I was a little surprised with how much was done about Clare wanting to win KC back that he wasn't even mentioned in this plot, but I guess we'll see more about that later.

I liked the continuity of having Danny and Jane worrying about their final exams, but Peter, already into his University of choice, not quite as worried.

With the vampire stuff, the music video and Clare kissing kd lang, it was very much a goofy episode, but I enjoyed that and thought it fit in well with the tone of what I thought was a pretty low key episode.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

lol lol lol @ claire kissing his neck!

awkward!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
One thing hit me while watching the subplot was that the Sav/Anya two-parter was 915/916 and this was 917. So if the episodes had been aired in order, this plot would have been directly after those two. I actually think it worked out better for that plot that it didn't air right after 916 in this run of episodes.
I have to admit the way storylines matched up due to the reordering actually worked. I guess Teennick did have their reasons after all.

Quote:
As for the main plot, I can't tell you how much I loved that in Clare's stories, she, and not the hot guy, was the vampire. I too wish that maybe a little more was done with how her feelings conflicts with her faith, but I really liked the way it was handled by Declan and Holly J when they found out. My single favorite scene in the episode was the one with Holly J and Clare at the end. That was great. I was also happy to see lots of good Clare/Alli stuff, as they're one of my favorite relationships on the show. The scene where Clare apologizes to Allie for her "mistake with Jonny" line, and Allie just brushes it off as "heat of the battle" stuff was the type of small moment that sells these on screen friendships. Loved that. I was a little surprised with how much was done about Clare wanting to win KC back that he wasn't even mentioned in this plot, but I guess we'll see more about that later.
I was surprised that she was too. But I thought it was refereshing. I think it says a lot about Clare gaining some confidence in herself if she's dreaming she's the one with the special powers. I'm wondering if that's what this episode was really for. It bothered me that this episode didn't seem to connect to Clare's attitude in SMU. The episodes didn't quite match up the way I thought they would but I get the sense this is actually just a bridge to a later plot that should tie everything together.

I agree, It was so nice to see the Calli friendship in a lighter sense in this episode. They've been so serious this season. I was worried they were going to do a 180 on all of Clare's development after the Johnny comment but at the end of the episode I feel like she was in a good place. I'm happy Alli was understanding. It shows she's growing up too.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

This was probably my least favourite episode of season 9. It felt very Degrassi Junior High but with internet. And I don't mean that in a good way I sort of understand what they were trying to do and yeah it's somewhat relatable, but I just found that there were so many annoying parts. Why would she call herself MadamDegrassi? How about something so you don't reveal the name of you're school? And Holly J just happens to read that one out of a million fan fiction stories by coincidence? Also kids in grade 9 don't play 7 Minutes in Heaven anymore. As I was watching I was like.. when did Degrassi get so childish?

The best part was the fact that Declan was in it a lot

I was liking the subplot in the beginning, until Anya said that it was her "strategy" to get him back or whatever. WHY would she tell him that even if it was true? I used to like Anya but this was just so weird.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh-Canada (View Post)
This was probably my least favourite episode of season 9. It felt very Degrassi Junior High but with internet. And I don't mean that in a good way I sort of understand what they were trying to do and yeah it's somewhat relatable, but I just found that there were so many annoying parts. Why would she call herself MadamDegrassi? How about something so you don't reveal the name of you're school? And Holly J just happens to read that one out of a million fan fiction stories by coincidence? Also kids in grade 9 don't play 7 Minutes in Heaven anymore. As I was watching I was like.. when did Degrassi get so childish?

The best part was the fact that Declan was in it a lot

I was liking the subplot in the beginning, until Anya said that it was her "strategy" to get him back or whatever. WHY would she tell him that even if it was true? I used to like Anya but this was just so weird.

I agree with everything you just said.
It definitely reminded me of DJH. The plot also kind of felt more like a mini than an actual episode...
Though I was happy to see Clare get some more facetime.

ETA:
Actually, this episode kind of reminds me a little of Dream On from the original DH. Clare, like Arther, is the character the writers love to embarrass.

Last edited by bailamicorazon; 05-11-2010 at 09:54 AM
bailamicorazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

Alright. I'm not going to lie. I skipped the Sanya parts. I can't watch Anya fawn over that hypocrite, no matter how cute he is. I didn't make it through 915/16, so there you go.

I had mixed feelings about this episode and I tuned it because it was Clare one. I think the post above me brought up some good points. What got me, though, was that it was Sexting Alli who orchestrated Seven Minutes In Heaven. It was like 1980's make out games led by a 2007-10 sexting victim. If anybody wants to watch a good Seven Minutes In Heaven ep, I recommend Freaks and Geeks. Truth be told, I'm not sure how prominent make-out parties are today but I do know some teens just don't care and will make out as soon as they get to a party, if not something else. The only thing I really liked about that scene was Connor being the timer and Wesley noticing Clare's abstinence ring. I thought it was sweet that he recognized it. But then they didn't really do anything with her faith so it kind of fell flat. Well, I guess he better enjoy that hickey because Clare looked she wanted to shove a chip into his eye at the Dot.

Yeah, I thought it was kind of dumb that Holly J just happened to read Clare's stories, especially since this girl supposedly reads The Economist. Then again, I just don't get the whole vampire craze. Declan doesn't even look like one; he reminds me of a Harry Potter kid who goes to yacht parties. I think a real vampire would break him in half. If this was Twilight, he'd get beat up. I've seen those guys.

Peter's bad acting was kind of awesome. Great lead actor there!

Clare should've turned into a bat at the end.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Awww Nikki you didn't make it through 915/916? That makes me sad. I actually really liked that 2 parter and I'm not a fan of Anya, Sav (especially), or Sanya. I think all the 2 parters feel more solid and thoughtful than most of the single episodes, which makes me worry about the telenova format (especially since I think it's been said that each episode will stand on it's own, which sort of defeats the purpose of the soap format IMO since the storylines stretch on over each day till what feels like infinity).

Ummm...what to say about this episode. I felt so much second hand embarrassment. From Clare's sexual awakening or whatever that was to the montage of Studz running around the house like little kids playing dress up while shooting their music video.

I think I'd enjoy this episode more if I appreciate how silly it is. I agree with Erin's post about how childish the episode seemed. Uh, I did some drunk word padding this weekend about the episode and it ended up in some weird rant about how the show sends a message about female sexuality. Anyone want to read?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
If this was Twilight, he'd get beat up.
Only after they sprinkle sparkles on him.

And FWIW, that whole childish feeling that you got from this episode? To me that's a positive, not a negative.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Total Fan

Hmmn. I wasn't sure about this episode. Being a hardcore Hollan J shipper, I loved their moments and that's what kind of got me through. I also loved not just Clare's development, but Holly J's too, in that she talked to Clare like an equal and didn't go crazy or do any 'old Holly J' stuff.
I also liked the references to Clare's faith, and like you guys, wanted that to be more of a focus. I mean, yeah, course she has a crush on Declan, but why? It seemed out of the blue, and if they'd linked it back to her Darcy-style religion dilemma, I would have gone with it.
Terrible B-Plot. Am I the only one who cannot STAND 'Studs'?? They're terrible! They were bad to begin with, but when Jane joined it became a total mess. And they're ruining Spinner, the boy I thought was GOD. Not impressed.

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
ShineSoBright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Okay, I was hoping someone could tell me the name of the actor who played Wesley. I keep seeing contradicting information to this effect. Any info on this kid?

edit:
nm.
Spencer Van Wyck

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 06-19-2010 at 07:06 PM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

This episode aired in Canada on May 24, 2010. Yeah.

{soundsobeautiful-deactivated201}

This moment. I haven't forgotten it. Have you?
Old 05-31-2017, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

At least she didn't bite it.

Oh and I can't help but notice you mention in a post above about how you weren't a fan of Anya, Sav and their relationship. Things sure changed there.

Reply   Post New Thread