Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Episode 724 Discussion-- We Built This City--June 23, 2008

We built this city...we built this city...we built this city on rock and roll.....

And so it comes to an end.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Worst. Song. Ever.

The episode? Eh.......

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Absolute Fan

I was happy with the finale for the most part. I am glad Liberty finally got a plot. Her speech kind of made me tear up. And I was happy with them mentioning JT those few times because I really don't think they have enough this season. I also liked that we got to have scenes with just Emma,Manny,Toby,and Liberty. I loved when Emma,Manny and Toby went out to talk to Liberty after she walked away from her speech. I liked the scenes of everyone just having fun at prom,in the pool and seeing them get their diplomas. I also think the episode ended just right, with them putting a graduation cap next to JT's photo.

I just wasn't a fan of a subplot. Peter is so annoying. Plus I think we could have done without it....the episode felt a bit crammed. Another thing I didn't like was how we got to see all the original character's receive their diplomas, besides Jimmy. I didn't understand that one.

All in all, I thought season7 was good. So I am going to give season8 a shot and see how it is. It's just kind of sad knowing that we might not see all the original character's as much. I just hope the new ones are interesting.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Okay, here's what I liked.

- That last little tribute to JT was a nice moment.
- The one little Jimmy/Spin scene (when Spin tells where he found the key to the hotel) was great and reinforced my belief that they (and that plot in 623) should have been the focus of the finale.
- Toby getting some love from his babes. Sort of.
- The subplot made me laugh, and I got a kick out of Hot Sauce actually being the least objectionable parent in the Peter/Darcy relationship.
- Peter getting his emancipation idea from The Simpsons was a great touch.

As for the stuff I didn't like.......
- Whoever the idiot was that decided to hire Natasha whatsherface should be locked in a room and forced to listen to that shampoo commercial song over and over. And then they should be thrown in a pit with a hungry grizzly.
- Liberty and Damien....yeah, there's just nothing there, imo. And considering they were at the crux of the episode, that was a big problem. One of these days I hope they can pair off Sarah with someone she can get a spark with. But right, they're a big fat 0-3 in that area, imo.
- That moment of them getting their diplomas would have been under the other heading if not for the fact that apparently Jimmy doesn't exist.

Overall this episode was, eh, okay. But, I can't help but think it was a disappointing end to a very strong season.

Happy now?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Loyal Fan

It was about as good as an episode with a love triangle revolving around Damien alongside a Peter subplot could be, I think. I was surprised to see so many good reviews in other places just because it had a lot of JT mentions. I did like the graduation scenes and the ones where the graduates were all together, but I also liked the few episodes leading up to it more, too.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'll come back later with some serious thoughts or whatever but at the moment all I can think about is this:

When Libs jumped in the pool and looked around, I was certain the camera was going to pan over to an empty area of the pool and we'd see a ghost of JT. You know, just sitting there at the bottom of the pool, like how you you'd sit when you played that "tea time" game as kids. Or maybe he'd be all waving his arms and just being woo! I'm underwater ghost JT.

I'm serious! I thought Degrassi was going to go there. I had a hand over my mouth waiting to burst into laughter. It just seemed like something silly they'd do. I kind of wish they did.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 PM
New Fan

hey guys, im new here. i love degrassi, but not really this episode. i agree that liberty serisouly needed a plot, but they could've given her something better than stealing emma's boyfriend. and yeah, she definintely needs a GOOD love interest. however, i hated liberty this episode. she betrayed emma, and was a total bizznotch to toby.

i liked the parts with emma, manny, liberty,and toby together i guess.

sean and emma have been my favorite characters forever, so i always disliked damien. but then i tried to like him when he came back in season 7. i definitely couldnt do it though. and this episode just reinforced that.

peter's annoying. i do not like him at all. and i don't like him with darcy. i like darcy, so i wish peter would just leave the show instead of her and that'd kill two birds with one stone!

sorry that was long.i ramble.and that was kinda harsh..but yeah.
semmaxoship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

I actually really enjoyed this episode. Not gonna say how I saw it......

But anyways, I thought the writing was really good, and the acting was better. It was pretty rushed, though, and wish this had been a two-parter with more prom and graduation moments. This ep reemphasized how I really care about this core group more than the grads from last year.

First of all, I enjoyed that Liberty made a mistake. When the ep first started, I was like, uhh, they're making Liberty "the other woman". But I thought it was interesting how her romantic side won over her practical side, so it's kind of a surprising character arc for her. She's basically doing what Manny and Emma have done, and what Toby did when he went after her season six, but she didn't keep it going which is very much her. I happen to think Liberty/Damian are interesting, but I don't like that the writers just pair him up with any old body, so if they're doing L/D, stick with L/D. Toberty was too weird for me, though I love their little geeky friendship.

Toby was so adorable in this ep. I really felt bad for him. He's still a pretty innocent guy so to see his hopes crushed was bad. But he'll get a nice girl...someday.

The little Spimmy moments were cute. I love that hug, though yeah, I would've liked to see Jimmy get his diploma. What else in terms of graduation? Where on earth was Manny's mom? They hired someone to play Toby's dad for the day. The Snake/Emma/Manny moments were cute. What a small graduating class. Bwahahaha. Loved Liberty's speech. I teared up, but I didn't cry....I just had this overwhelming sense of joy for all the graduates. I'm corny like that, but no crying, which is big cause I'm very emotional.

They should have a pool scene every year. But I had to laugh when Liberty told everyone to get out, and poor Trina's on the bench. I was like uhhhh....

I'm not sure how I feel about Damian. If the writing's in his favor, I still could warm up to him. Right now, I just see him as a likeable plot device. He occasionally annoys me, but he isn't as dry as Sav or a couple others.

I thought the Peter plot was just kinda meh. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm kind of rooting for Parcy to stay together. It's mainly because I do think Darcy needs some stability in her life and Peter hasn't done anything stupid since LTT. Peter was very whiny, but they all their whiny moments. I hope they make Peter get a slummy job so he won't be that entitled kid anymore.

Oh, where was Jack? I know my whole family went to graduation.

The slideshow in the back...my impression was that they were personal photographs so I didn't mind that Craig was in there. Liberty or Emma probably snapped him with their camera or something and they put in a Degrassi alum. Whatever.

I'd rewatch this ep, which is more than I can say for like half the eps this year. A-.

Also, I love Natasha Bedingfield. Unwritten does grate on my nerves sometimes, but then I'll be singing along the next. Pocketful of Sunshine is a great song, but in its entirety. Some of the Degrassi actors didn't seem into it. That was funny to me. I was like, Jimmy hates this song. Bwa!

ETA: How could I forget? The group staring at J.T.'s cap, Toby laying down the cap and Liberty turning the tassel was perfect!

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I missed a couple of episodes, what happened after the party episode with Mia and her daughter?
curlygirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top