Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

Episode 721 Discussion-- Everything She Wants-- June 2, 2008

Mama Mia! Who doesn't love a man in uniform?

Here's your chance to discuss it after it airs in Canada.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Absolute Fan

I thought this was a really enjoyable episode. I loved all the interactions between the characters, the acting, and of course the returning of Sean.

But first I will start with the main plot:
I have liked Mia before. But I think this episode made me like her even more. I definality think it makes sense now on why she takes on so much, like always looking for love, and trying to be so involved in school--the father of her child left her when she got pregnate and so did her best friend. I think that inside of her she is lonely and just trying to live a normal teenage life,while doing so is difficult because she does so much. I figured she must have been a partier and liked to drink before she had Izzy. But it's good to know that as much as she wants to have fun again, she knows Isabella has to come first. Now I think Mia and Lucas have AMAZING chemistry together and all, but I am glad Mia is done with his ass. Lucas is a wimp and so whiny--step up and be a man Lucas,take care of your kid! I hated when he was whining about it being hard. No **** it's going to be hard, but it's HIS kid too. I do find his friends to be entertaining though, I like Johnny's sarcasm and the comments he makes. And I kind of like that Bruce kid, he's funny, but I don't know if it's intentional (like when he barked at Spinner in DOG, it was so stupid I laughed out loud). I loved seeing Lucas and Jane's home life, and learning that Jane and Mia were once friends. Screw Darcy/Jane. I want Mia/Jane to become close again. I thought they had better chemistry and loved seeing Aunt Jane helping out with Izzy and giving Mia advice on leaving Lucas. I am guessing Jane dropped their friendship because maybe she didn't like that Mia was sleeping with her brother? I don't know. Whatever the reason, I hope they can be friends again.

Now as for the subplot:
It was SO good seeing Sean again, and he looked damn hot. And as much as I like Eman, I am glad it was more about Sean and his fears with the army then about Sean/Emma. That last scene with them was really cute anyway, with him wanting a new picture. I love those two. I also enjoyed the Snake/Sean scenes as I always do. It's good to know that Snake cares about him. And it's definality good to know that the Simpson/Nelson family will be the one he will come back to. I am just sad that his return was so short and we didn't get other scenes with him like a Jay/Sean one.

Last edited by LidelKewte; 06-02-2008 at 10:34 PM
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Damn. I am the only person that posted thoughts on this one.

When does this air on the-n?
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

In about 19 hours and 15 minutes.

Oh and here's some thoughts. This was a good episode. Very good. And I have to admit that I got some twisted pleasure out of them bringing back Sean and putting him in a plot with Snake.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

I was very surprised by this episode, pleasantly surprised.

It was nice to get more background on Mia. I'm not sure I like Mia, but I'm at least interested in her now. The main plot really showed her two desires, to be a good mom and to be a teenager once in a blue moon. Her chemistry with Lucas is really interesting too. But Lucas needs to grow up....a lot. Very realistic. I did feel bad for Mia when the police called Children's Aid so that says something.

The cameos and dialogue by Johnny and Bruce are really funny. They remind me of guys I knew in high school, definitely. I swear, some of these underused actors (Johnny, Toby, Ashley) are way more interesting than some main plot characters (Anya, Sav, Holly). I bet Johnny's a real dark cat.

Hey, more than one kid was drinking at a party! Look how Degrassi's grown-up!

Jane was great in this ep. I like how she made Spinner ditch the party, him grabbing food along the way. The dynamic with her and Mia is also pretty good. I'd like more follow-up on that.

Lucas and Jane's mom is really pretty. Isabella's adorable, but that flat delivery of "My tummy hurts" made me laugh all through the commercial break.

Awww, Sean. I have to say....Sean is back. The real Sean, who's tough on the outside, and wants to be a good kid at the same time. Wonderful scenes with him and Snake. You could see how the actors had worked together over the years. There was just this effortless chemistry. Poor, cute Snake. He tries. I loved the "I'm scared" scenes. Probably one of the best scenes this year. The last scene with Emma was sweet, but I find Eman more likeable as friends. Who knows, though?

But...if Sean wanted to see everyone, why didn't he get in touch with Jay? Or I guess, Manny too. That was odd.

An A for this ep!

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

I loved this episode. I think it's one of the best of season 7! I also think it was the best Mia episode in terms of her acting. In season 6, she was alright, but now she's doing better. At first I couldn't believe that she would stay at the party with Isabella, but by the end, I felt really bad for her and I still love her and she's so hot!

it was cool to see Sean. I was suprised that Emma and Sean didn't have that much interaction or one on one scenes
Californian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked the fact that Lucas was pretty immature, in keeping with the rest of the season -- Mia was right to break up with him -- and that I still didn't dislike him, either. I didn't really get why Jane broke off her friendship with Mia, which I'm sure other people pointed out, but otherwise, I liked her different roles in this episode, too. I like the relationships between the three--they're interesting at least. Um, yeah. I haven't seen this episode in a while!

I liked Sean for the most part, and it seemed like they took some of the criticism from last year to heart, but it wasn't developed very far and he could've, you know, seen his friends outside of the Simpson-Nelsons. His seclusion was disappointing. Still, it was a sweet throwback that I'm surprised they remembered.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Addicted Fan

The more I see of Mia, the more I like her and the actress. I thought this was great. She's really struggling with being perfect mom, perfect teen and normal teen. She has a lot on her plate and I like how she handles it even with the missteps.

I like the Sean plot because I like how he and Snake interact. And I liked how they got into him being afraid. At the end of the day Sean is always this little lost boy.
MethodicWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

9 years later. Still like this episode. Still get pleasure from Sean's final appearance being in a plot with Snake.

Old 06-07-2018, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still not a mia fan.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The audio commentary for this episode, featuring Stefan, Paula and Nina. In case anyone is interested.

Reply   Post New Thread