Episode 719 Discussion-- Broken Wings--May 12, 2008

Do your thang.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Obviously, this is the perfect episode to air the day after Mother's Day.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Absolute Fan

I found this episode to be very rushed.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Supreme Fan

^ I agree, everything just seemed as if it was thrown together at the last second. I was not impressed with this episode at all.

icon made by the
lovely Josie2288
ashleymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Absolute Fan

I actually did enjoy pieces of it. Although I think it was very rushed, I love Jimmy storylines and them continuing on him.The beginning scene made me sad when he was dreaming of standing and playing basketball again. If the whole stem cell thing works out for him, hopefully he can go back to pursuing his basketball career. (Although, I would kind of rather if it didn't work out so the school shooting storyline wouldn't feel like a waste) Just anything but this law thing! I don't understand where that came from, I just think it seems like a very random career choice for him. I really like the idea of him painting MUCH better and I wish they would have had him going to art school or something instead like he originally wanted to after he found that talent . And Jimmy and Trina are too adorable...love them together.

As for the subplot...I could care less about Peter. Ugh. That kid is so desperate and whiny it drives me insane.

Last edited by LidelKewte; 07-15-2008 at 04:43 PM
Old 05-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Supreme Fan

^ Yeah, I thought the Jimmy plot was really good; but the Peter starting a band plot lacked completly.. That was a major turn-off in the episode, which made me dislike the episode..

I really hope that Jimmy can walk again, I wish him luck with the stem-cell surgery.

Although, it sucks the way he was able to get the surgery, due to the fact that he had something held over on his father about his affair, that kind of sucks! But at least he's able to get the surgery done... which I'm grateful for.

icon made by the
lovely Josie2288
ashleymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Absolute Fan

I take it not to many people enjoyed this episode?
Old 05-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Whoa Peter has issues. The kid has no friends and you know, it's kinda sad. I felt for him a bit, but, I was also surprised that Darcy could let her parents know about the rape... but not about Peter. What does that say? At least the kid has people to hang out with now, other than just Darcy. I didn't care much for the band (even if Spin's in it and look hot as hell!), but, it gives Peter something to do. So, good for him.

As for the main plot - I can't believe it's all hunky dorey now at the end. Jimbo gets to go to Amsterdam... so, that means he keeps his mouth shut about the affair? Yeah, nice. Daddy needs to come clean about why he's letting Jimmy go, 'cause it's really not fair to Mrs. B who is in the dark about all this... especially when she was apposed to the idea to begin with. And, although I find Jimmy/Trina nice and all, something was lacking with them in this ep. Not a negative though, but I'm just saying.

Okay ep. It was different.

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
lalatina15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Took you long enough.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Why is the other woman dressed in red? Symbolism? I think so.

Uhhh, this was a pretty okay episode. Aubrey's a very charismatic actor and he did well with the plot. Actually, all the actors did, including these new ladies, Ms. Brooks and Trina. I think the problem lay in the writing. That seems to be my main problem with this season. The acting trumps a noticable portion of the writing. That is, some of these out there plots are working basically because they have the acting working for them.

I'm assuming this will get follow-up so maybe I'm being too critical. But I kept thinking why didn't they do some of the elements sooner? They could've had one ep devoted to stem cell research, a subject I was intrigued by, and then one later plot on the whole Mr. Brooks affair. Essentially, the ep needed to breathe with all this crammed in information (Trina's going to NY too? Jimmy still dreams of playing ball? Does he want to do this law thing?) So yeah, this storyline needed way more attention earlier in the season.

Additionally, the whole family dinner was odd. But I expect follow-up. Jimmy was kinda just cocky throughout that part. Wasn't a fan of that.

Great use of Spinner in both plots. However, with this subplot, I didn't buy that Spinner OR Jane were so impressed by STUDZ. Was Sasquatch that much better? Eh, but they could keep a beat, and Spinner was friends with those guys. I did like seeing Peter with the guys. I think Jamie's one of the better male actors with straight out comedy (i.e. HCYM). They should utilize that.

Parcy was pretty cute here. I'm so off/on about them. I really don't care if they make it or not. Missed opportunity--- Darcy revealing the rape to her parents. That could've really worked in the educational value of this show. Tsk tsk.

One sticker book joke from Danny? Funny. Two sticker book jokes? Pushing it.

This will get a B-.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

I liked what the episode was about but it seemed rushed and I got bored easily.
Californian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Okay, so all I really have to say about this episode is Jamie Johnston, never sing again.

I don't want to go into the Jimmy dad storyline because I've had to deal with this personally. I think eventually Jimmy will tell his mom but tat's a hard thing to tell and I think he hopes his dad will have the cojones to do it.
MethodicWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

hollingsjerk Every Episode of Degrassi: S07E19 Broken Wings

Ten years ago we had our last big Jimmy Brooks plot.

I guess the constant theme has been that Jimmy has a difficult relationship with his father. He is loving but controlling so I like that Jimmy showed wanting independence and stood up for himself. But I hate the way he went about it and so this episode kind of smashed every other one we have had where Mr. Brooks appeared. I guess it was a happy ending for Jimmy. But the whole thing makes me sad.
Old 07-25-2023, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The Degrassi channel must be uploading clips to lure the Canadians to Amazon Prime.

Is there anyone else who wasn't invested in if Jimmy would walk again? Or prefer he didn't because it seemed more realistic?

It also made me sad to see his family at that level of dysfunction this late in the series. I would have preferred he had a happy family and broken legs than a broken family and might be able to walk again.