Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

Episode 716 Discussion-- Sweet Child O' Mine--April 18, 2008

Mia makes the Spirit Squad and finds two suitors, but has trouble deciding who is best for her baby; Manny is thrilled her fake engagement to Jay is now real and she wants to meet his parents. (TV Guide)

Who's the Baby Daddy?

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can't wait to see this episode! I'm actually excited to see what happens in Mia's storyline, which I never expected I'd be. Plus, I'm extremely excited for the Janny storyline!
Old 04-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Supreme Fan

^ yeah, the Mia storyline looks rather interesting. It's about time she actually got herself her very own storyline. Also, looking foreward to my Jay and Manny.

icon made by the
lovely Josie2288
ashleymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Looking forward to this episode.

I can't wait to see Jay's parents.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't really think we'll get to meet Jay's parents. It would be cool if they were totally opposite of Jay but I doubt it.

And I'm looking forward to a true Mia storyline too. I know I'm probably very off but I think Mia's baby's daddy is Jay.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Supreme Fan

^ Well, I was having that thought.. but I do believe that we may actually meet his parents, and it would be totally interesting if they were completly different from Jay. But you never know, we may meet them or we may not..

The Mia storyline looks good, can't wait to see what happens with her and I have a feeling that Lucas is in fact the father.

EDIT: Just finished seeing the episode and I have to say that it was good, such an improvement from last weeks.

The Mia plot was really good, for once I can say that I actually liked her character.. which was never the case before because I always thought she was lacking; but now, my whole perspective has changed about her. Also with the fact that we finally got a chance to know who Isabella's father is and I shouldn't be surprised that it was in fact Lucas of course, which has been my thought for awhile now, I really liked Lucas in this episode, he wasn't the usual "jackass" that he usually is, which was nice and how he really wanted to step up to the plate and be a father for Isabella, which shows alot for his character! Although, it will take sometime.. for them to trust each other and everything, I guess it's worth the wait.

The Jay/Manny plot was great, although I think every scene with them is amazing.. but in this episode it was special. It's nice that we learned something interesting about Jay's past and the reason why he is the person that he is.. but it was sad knowing that his mom died and how his dad married like three times which really set Jay off. It could be that him and his mom were extremly close, and after he lost her.. things weren't exactly the same after that; nothing is ever the same once you lose a parent, but i'm so glad that Jay finally opened up with his feelings and especially to Manny, which really proves alot. I don't think he's ever opened himself up to anyone and maybe that was the problem, dealing with of your problems on your own isn't usually the best possible thing to coupe with your feelings; but i'm happy for Jay, must of been hard for him to do so. Even though, I'm rather disappointed that we didn't get the chance to meet his parents, I still liked the interaction between Jay and Manny(which was cute as always) However, I can't believe that Manny sold her engagement ring... which was real; that totally shocked me, and not to mention that it was his mother's, for some strange reason I have a feeling that she's going to end up getting it back for him, that would be really nice if she did that.

Overal, this episode was quite impressive... I really enjoyed watching it and I can't wait to see what next week brings. I'm wondering, if we'll still meet Jay's family, despite what happened.

icon made by the
lovely Josie2288

Last edited by ashleymarie; 04-18-2008 at 02:41 PM
Old 04-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Well it was better then last weeks episode.

The main plot was pretty good. It was finally nice to hear about Mia's past and to actually see the difficulties of being a single teenage mom while being active in school as well. Plus, I like Mia. She's really one of the more down to earth character's on the show. I thought Lucas was interesting in this episode. It was cute seeing him talk to his daughter. And Isabella is too adorable! Hopefully Lucas will start to be more of a father to her, I just hope it doesn't come at the price of Mia HAVING to date him again. I am not sure I like that idea of her being with him again anyway. I think she should be more worried about him being a dad first, then maybe giving it a shot. But she does seem like a lonely, hopeless romantic girl that is just looking for love, despite having a pile of other things to worry about. It was really nice seeing Liberty and Mia talk. I think it would be cool if these two became closer.

I have to say with the subplot, I was a little disappointed that we really didn't get to see Jay's parents. It was nice to finally here about his life though. But I wish he would have said how his mom died. Like I think it would have been interesting if he said she died from an overdose or something. I think it would make for a good storyline if Jay tried to contact his father again and his stepmother. Now I love Jay and Manny, but I kind of wish he didn't go to the dance with her. Jay wouldn't like school dances. It's nice to see him really care about a girl but at the same time I don't want Jay turning into some whipped bitch. I still like them together though.

All in all, it wasn't too bad.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

I pretty much agree with most things said so far. I loved this episode because I got a better feel for Mia and finally liked her! I can also say that I am definitely a Lucas/Mia shipper, I think they're adorable together.

When the teacher tested Manny's ring, I totally expected him to be from a rich background. But I still think that his background explains a good amount about him, I think it explains why he gets so upset when he doesn't have friends, why he was so adamant to stay friends with Alex and Spinner when they had their relationships in season five.

All-in-all, I was very happy with this episode. And I can't wait for next week!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Addicted Fan

I also really enjoyed tonight's episode. I can now definitively say that I do like Mia. She confused me for a while. I'm glad we finally got to know some of her backstory. I have to say, the Lucas thing was a little weird. I was under the impression that Mia didn't know who the father was because of a comment made to her in season 6 ("hey Mia, did you ever find out who the father was?" and then she flipped out). But I guess that... wasn't literal? Or the writers forgot about it. This time she seemed to have known all along that it was Lucas.

I was disappointed in the Jay/Manny plot. I refuse to believe that Manny is as dumb as the writers are oft to make her seem. Jay's lie wasn't even remotely believable. I feel that this engagement is happening way too fast and tonight showed that they really don't know each other well at all. I mean, not even enough to tell that the other is lying when the lie was SO transparent that anyone could have seen through it. My apologies to the Janny shippers, I really have nothing against them as a couple -- I love Jay and I love Manny -- but I am finding all of this a bit problematic. Feel free to persuade me otherwise.

Next week's episode looks beyond incredible. Season 7, despite a few crappy episodes, has had the most interesting storylines by far compared to all the previous seasons. More often than not, I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for next week, and that's what's happening right now!
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Supreme Fan

^ you have a point about the Jay and Manny engagement. Although, i'm a die-hard Janny/May fan I think that the engagement is happening way too fast for my taste, and I don't like the fact that they're getting rushed into such a big commitment so early into their relationship. But i'm keeping my positive energy for these two, and who knows.. maybe their one of those couples that can really make an engagement work, if that's the case... than i'm on board for it.

icon made by the
lovely Josie2288
Old 04-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I actually really enjoyed this episode. I love Mia/Lucas and their whole storyline. I hope they have a more in-depth talk before she just let's him back in her and Isabella's life though. They settled that a little too quickly for my liking...

But yeah, I like them together and I hope they get more follow up.

I loved the Jay/Manny plot. I hope they can get the ring back though! That was so sad.

They definitely bring the adorable, though. Every time!
Kathryn_Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn_Ann (View Post)
I actually really enjoyed this episode. I love Mia/Lucas and their whole storyline. I hope they have a more in-depth talk before she just let's him back in her and Isabella's life though. They settled that a little too quickly for my liking...
I have to admit, I do think that Mia and Lucas look good together and thought they had chemistry. But I agree with you that they settled too quickly. She should see if he's really going to step up and be a dad first.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I actually didn't think that Lucas and Mia moved too quickly. It took the entire episode for her to even talk to him in a civil manner. I felt like she said she'd just give him a second chance, not that they'd be together right away. I feel she's just going to see how he is with her and Isabella for awhile, and if he messes up, he's out. She didn't give him the time of day until that last moment, after she saw him interact with Isabella.

I actually really liked the pace of the Lucas/Mia relationship. She didn't give in right away, and I feel that she still hasn't 100%. She's just giving him a second chance, things weren't set in stone for her yet.

That's just my opinion though, I really like where things with Lucas/Mia are going as well.

It was also nice to hear about Jay's parents.
BeautifulMistakex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Supreme Fan

It sucked not being able to see Jay's parents, hopefully.. they'll be mentioned in a later episode.. and maybe we'll meet them this time around.

icon made by the
lovely Josie2288
Old 04-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definately liked this one.

I don't remember Lucas from previous episodes for some reason.

He sure is hot though!

Really loved that we got Mia's background story. I always liked her. So it was fun to see Mia juggle SS with school and with her daughter and Lucas. I really like that Liberty helps her out to. I can't remember, but does Mia even know that Liberty had a kid?

The Manny/Jay storyline was perfect too. It's about time we get a back story for Jay.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread