Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Episode 712 Discussion - Live to tell - 3/7/08

Darcy withholds the truth about her rape in order to harm Mr. Simpson. (TV Guide)
Old 03-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh, spam.

This episode was absolutely amazing. Shenae is just an amazing little actress! I loved how the Snake/Darcy storyline played out. I understood everything Darcy was going through, and it was awesome how they focused on the issues. I'm liking the whole angsty, depressed, moody Darcy. Stefan also did a great job in the scene with Darcy's mom and Ms. H. I like how it wasn't resolved in one episode, either. Also enjoyed that Emma was quick to defend her stepfather.

I thought the B-plot had the best break-up I'd ever seen. Jimmy/Trina are adorable and I think they can be a functional (no pun intended) couple. I thought her push for him to be more than normal was incredibly sweet. That's what I felt Jimash lacked since their rushed reunion in season 6.

I'm giving this ep an A, the first one-parter that I've given an A.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

In the beginning of S7 I couldn't believe that Degrassi was redoing the rape storyline. I thought that it was way too similar to the one involving Paige. That said, I thought that this was a pretty good episdoe. I'm soooo glad it wasn't about Darcy and Peter (a relationship), this was about Darcy dealing (or not) with rape. This felt like the old Degrassi TNG, which I missed so much!
lightbrownfantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Shenae acted her heart out, and it showed. Seriously, amazing episode.

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
lalatina15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh, darcy.."what are the perks" ew johnny..

"you're still a bitch" best line everrrr

ha at jimash! jimmy is so lame!

poor darcy.. parcy..

ohh lord.. no darcy, no!

yep, jimmy still suck, aww, jimmy/trina are cute and i really like trina!

so cool that jimmy is driving!

aw, darcy, i just want to hug her,,no darcy, no! aw, poor girl, woah to cutting her hair, poor girl..she just wants someone to talk to..

aw, spin! i looove spin/jimmy! so love..

oh no, no dacry NO, don't say that about mr. simpson, noo darcy!

shut upp ms. h! gtfo!

oh emma, i think she's right though, poor darcy though..

aww, jimmy/trina soooo cute! and haha, ash

EWWWW JOHNNY/DARCY. EWWWW!!!

yay lib!

once again, MANNY WINS AT LIFE! aw, panny!

manny/darcy, aw, manny wins at life and is amazing and yea, obviously the best BFF ever!

poor darcy, i srsly though i wouldn't like her after tonight but all i wanted to do was hug her

"become a crutch for both of us!" DUUUHHH! YAYYAYAYAY for them being over!

aww, ending scene, darcy,

overall, freaking amazing! shenae was amazing! love her!

Last edited by - just stand still -; 03-07-2008 at 10:31 PM
- just stand still - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow, this is one of those episodes where there are so many shades of gray. Snake was right for initially keeping Darcy's secret but he should have been pushing towards her to tell someone else. And Darcy was wrong for playing Snake like that (seriously though what parent or supervisor thinks that a teacher calls a meeting to tell that he's been abusing a kid? They should have given him the benefit of the doubt). But you have to have so much heart for her because between the abstinence and the online stuff and then the rape she's so screwed up sexually it's not even funny.

It was a really great exploration of this issue and so different from Paige's situation where she got to face the rapist. With Darcy part of the issue is that she'll never know who did it.

On the B-plot: Loved Jimmy. I love Aubrey, he knocks it out of the park and I'm glad he's breaking up with Ashley. She's really messed him over this season with the music thing and her reaction to him saying he needed some independence was pathetic. Throwing that backpack at him was childish. I loved Jimmy standing up for himself.
MethodicWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatina15 (View Post)
Shenae acted her heart out, and it showed. Seriously, amazing episode.
I agree, her performance in this episode was simply perfect!

This episode was good, I really liked how everything came out nicely.

I thought that the interaction between Jimmy/Trina was just so adorable; It would be nice to see these two actually start a relationship of some sort!

As far as the whole Darcy/Johnny makeout session on the roof; that was just so disgusting, thinking about it turns my stomach.. and the fact that Peter caught them in the middle of it was even worse!! But hey, that's my thought on that anyway.

Also as far as Jimmy, I really liked the fact that he stood up for himself for a change. He really proved himself, and the fact that Ashley would act that way towards him was completly uncalled for. All he wants is some independence for a change and it's like that bothers her or something. She really needs to realize that not everything is revolved around her, I'm was very impressed with Jimmy in this episode... finally gaining some independence.

Overal, this episode was good.. although It sucks having to wait until April for any new ones. But I guess, the wait is totally worth it!!

icon made by the
lovely Josie2288
ashleymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Absolute Fan

I REALLY enjoyed this episode, both the A and B plot. There's alot of things I liked about it...

Darcy is so much more interesting this year and the storyline is perfect for her. I couldn't help but feel for Snake but yet at the same time Darcy too because her whole mental state of mind in this episode felt realistic for what she has gone through . From calling her mom a bitch (that was just awesome ) to the whole thing with the sissers, and then the scene with Manny of course on the roof was great. Shanae really did another fantastic job. For some WEIRD reason I didn't mind the scenes with Darcy and Johnny, although it sounds just disgusting to say it. Also, I loved the way Emma stood up for Snake.

As for Jimmy, him and Trina are adorable! They are too cute. And I know it was small but I enjoyed the Spin/Jimmy scene and that Jane mention. I didn't care about the Jimmy/Ash stuff.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Shanae did a great job, but I disliked this episode... there's only so many times I can watch Degrassi's "good girl gone bad" theme without feeling a little bored. I'll be happy when this theme is over and Darcy gets a new storyline instead of a recycled one because Shanae's great.
courtney921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Okay, I guess I'm the only one who thought it was good but not great. I thought everyone besides Snake/Stephan weren't up to standards acting-wise. Shenae was great in the last 2 scenes but there were times where I found her acting forced. I didn't like Cassie in this episode either and Miriam is always bad. And I found it a bit rushed.

I liked Jimmy and Trina but I thought the reasoning behind Jimash's break up was stupid. I don't think the relationship became a "crutch" for anyone besides Jimmy.

Stefan&Katherine
LotusRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney921 (View Post)
Shanae did a great job, but I disliked this episode... there's only so many times I can watch Degrassi's "good girl gone bad" theme without feeling a little bored. I'll be happy when this theme is over and Darcy gets a new storyline instead of a recycled one because Shanae's great.
The thing is, Darcy's storyline isn't about her "going bad", it's about the repercussions of her rape. Something that she's got to deal with that's going to take time. It's definitely not a recycled storyline.

malia tate
Old 03-08-2008, 04:48 PM
New Fan

I liked the episode overall.

I thought it was interesting that they had Darcy react this way to her rape. It was different than Paige, and I think that's good because people do react differently.

I felt bad for Snake.

Ugh...Johnny...ugh

I, for one, was happy about the Parcy break-up. I can't stand Peter, and the further he is away from characters I like, the happier I am .

Loved Manny being there for Darcy.

The Ash/Jimmy/Trina thing was pretty good as well. I didn't really have a problem w/ Jimmy/Ash, but I wasn't really attached to them. And I thought Trina/Jimmy were totally adorable . They've got potential.
jacintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatina15 (View Post)
The thing is, Darcy's storyline isn't about her "going bad", it's about the repercussions of her rape. Something that she's got to deal with that's going to take time. It's definitely not a recycled storyline.
My opinion is still the same; it's not a full recycle, obviously, but it's still a recycle. I get that a lot of what's happening isn't her going bad; it's just her dealing with her rape.... however, she won't talk to anyone about it [just like Paige when Paige was raped] AND she does have the "going bad" issue... the scene with her on the roof proved that. It's only a matter of time before it happens anyways... the only Degrassi girls I can think of that they haven't tried to do a 360 of are Liberty and Ellie.
courtney921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Liberty went bad.....for a day. No, I get what you mean.

Oh, I forgot to say that Peter really bugged me in this episode.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Liberty went bad.....for a day. No, I get what you mean.

Oh, I forgot to say that Peter really bugged me in this episode.
"You're like, hopeless!" Kinda wanted to smack him there.

malia tate
Reply   Post New Thread