Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Episode 705/6 Discussion-- Death or Glory-- November 2/9, 2007

A school fight leads Spinner to discover that he has way more to worry about than taking a couple of punches.

Carry on.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

no posts seriously? is every one crying or something?

i haven't seen the ep yet..i will in a bit though!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Wait wait, they didn't show parts 1 and 2 tonight did they? Just 1 right?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Just part one tonight.

Amazing episode. Definitely felt for both Spinner and Darcy. I can honestly say I loved both plots, and they were each played out very well by Shane and Shanae.

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
lalatina15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

ahhh i need to see this episode, but how lol its not on you tube yet with all the others.

could someone post like a little summary of the main plot/sub plot just so i could get filled in a bit.

special thanks to Kathryn_Ann for the avatar!
krystafitzpatrick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Absolute Fan

I loved pretty much everything about the episode....Spinner,the Jimmy/Spinner friendship,Spinner/Jane,Spinner sticking up for Toby,the Darcy subplot. It was all awesome. I felt bad for not only Spinner and Darcy in this episode but Toby too. Why can't that ******* Johnny just leave him alone? His best friend was killed by his friend and he still has to be immature and pick on him. I am glad Spinner punched him. I am really liking Spinner/Jane so far and I can't wait to see what happens with them next. She seems like a really cool girl. I thought it was funny that Spinner thought his junk was messed up because he hasn't been getting any action . I like that in this episode we see how much he has grown up but he hasn't changed completely and he still is the same Spinner. I can't wait for pt2.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystafitzpatrick8 (View Post)
ahhh i need to see this episode, but how lol its not on you tube yet with all the others.

could someone post like a little summary of the main plot/sub plot just so i could get filled in a bit.
You could probably find the episode at the spoiler thread

& agreed, everything about the episode was great. From Spin talking about his junk, to Spin/Jane, to his doctor visit, as well as Darcy freaking out, and her confrontation with Simpson.

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
lalatina15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Loyal Fan

WHAT BITCHES! I already saw part one a week ago damnit. Lol, okay. Done with the angry rant. I hope Speener gets better.

Thought I'd never see
The love you found in me
Now it's changing all the time
Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

i cant believe spinner! thats so sad! and i nearly cried at the simpson/darcy scene.

brittany & santana
ErinlovestheOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Over all I liked the Episode. I really hope that Spinner will be alright. I hope that he doesn't die.

As for the Darcy what-not. I'm not a big fan so it didn't do much for me. I sorta forgot about it with what was going on with Spinner.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

I would give this episode a 9/10. Both the main plot and subplot were touching. The only problem I have with this episode was the lame fighting scenes. That's really all.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

I am honestly not worried about Spinner dying at least not from testicle cancer. I am worried about his chances of reproducing becoming slim.

Icon by Periwinkles
froggiepopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Absolute Fan

I really don't think they would kill off ANOTHER main character. And if they did, I would be done with the show. And I agree, I think he has more of a chance of not being able to reproduce.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

This episode was pretty good I feel so sad for Spinner I hope he doesn't die from cancers and I love seening him punch out that Johnnie guy.

I didn't like the subplot with Darcy and her getting mad because Mr. Simpson wouldn't help her out the subplot just's made me hate Darcy more.

I really like part 1 can't wait to see what is going to happen in part 2.
SweetGirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

I just really LOVED this episode...both parts. It hit all the right emotional notes for an eighteen-year old guy diagnosed with testicular cancer. The writing was sharp, the acting was good, and the consequences were poignant.

This is definitely Shane's best work. Since I'm reviewing both parts, the scene that made me tear up and shiver had to be Spin shaving his head, and then looking for a fight right afterwards. Then, he sort of fell in pain and laughed in the face of tragedy, which was just so hard-hitting to me. It was just so obvious that Spinner had no idea how to deal with the news. Another great scene is when Spinner first hears he has cancer, and then when he hits Johnny Dimarco (who I loathe...too bad the kid can act. ) and walks away.

The whole MyRoom thing was interesting, but I felt like it was just sort of thrown in. At the end of the ep, however, I didn't mind, because it worked in well with the plot. It's just I heard the spoilers regarding hero worship, and thought it would be its own issue, but whatever. Might be interesting to see another plot with Derek/Danny regarding that.

Jane is just lovely. Shane and Paula have great chemistry, and I really like them together. She doesn't take any of Spinner's guff, but she cares and can be sweet at the appropriate times. I love that they're not dating yet. It's refreshing.

Spinner and the beanie.... How cool is Spin's mom. I liked that line about the doggy bag.

Spimmy's so great. I like how they brought up the shooting and Spin's dad and it was done in a sensitive, yet joking manner....which fits this pair of friends.

I can't even fanthom having your body breaking down in your last semester of high school. So heart-breaking, but I know Spinner will come out all the better.

Another great stand-out was Shenae. I thought it was good that she tried to get out of counselling and avoid the situation....flowed perfectly from SITD. Both parts made good use of Derek and Danny, and I liked their exchanges with Darcy. The scene where Darcy says she's raped, and the final one with Simpson were very touching and authentic. I love it when Archie's there for the students.

The Marco plot? Hmmm, part of me didn't like it, because I feel like they should just let him have a long-distance relationship instead of focusing on how lonely he is. It was kind of flat follow-up from the premiere imo. The bunny was awesome. Hip-hop!

Better than the premiere, imo, because the pacing was better and there wasn't too much going on. All in all, an A!

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread