Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Episode 607--Working For the Weekend--Discussion (11/10/06)

Spimmy, Spimmy, Spimmy. Spin/Jimmy!

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

haha, I'm glad there's gonna be an episode with them, especially after they made up I think its great that they have their own plot
I'm pretty excited to see how this episode turns out

credit: cynthia83
cranny4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Hmmm, not sure how I felt about this one. It wasn't bad, but I got kind of bored at times.

It was nice seeing everyone hang out, though. Last year felt very isolated. I guess I'll start with what I liked.

The Alex plot was written very well, and that last scene with Sirina/Alex was very nice. I didn't know what the connection was until then. It's interesting to see Alex's evolution. The Palex scene was nice, but there was really no lead-in for it. I'm assuming they are friends who still talk on a regular basis. And was Ashley trying to hook up Spin/Paige again? That would be funny if she was....looked that way to me.

Darcy looked so lost in her three seconds. I felt bad for her. Hopefully, she can figure out what she wants.

This was the first time I enjoyed Dylan. His little dialogue on business was funny. I guess the thing with me is while I thought this ep wasn't that great, I appreciate that they showed why get-rich businesses don't work and there were some real consequences (Jimmy losing part of his academic fund). I actually do think Jimmy will end up at art school; where Ashley ends up I'm not so sure. That might cause friction for them later.

I can see Spin as a cop, but not Jimmy as a lawyer. He showed no passion for law before; I'd sooner buy him taking a practical coaching job down the line than this obviously reinvented lawyer mentality.

The fight was okay, but didn't live up to the hype. Maybe Manny needs to be up in there and tackle some people.

A C from me. But the subplot was really good, and this is my favorite ep and look for Deanna.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

The whole t-shirt business thing seemed way too overnight for me. Though seeing everyone together was kinda cute.

I enjoyed the B plot, but I was hoping they wouldn't go the whole "you-don't-remember-me-but-you-use-to-torture-me-back-in-the-day" angle... but they did, obviously.

On the plus side, Deanna looked hot

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
lalatina15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

the episode was alright, I'm really glad we got to see everyone hanging out again
and I really loved the subplot, and the last scene between Sirina/Alex was very well written and acted I thought

Old 11-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
And was Ashley trying to hook up Spin/Paige again? That would be funny if she was....looked that way to me.
Perhaps, but Spin was so mopey at that point that maybe she just saw it as way to get him out of his funk.

Quote:
Darcy looked so lost in her three seconds. I felt bad for her. Hopefully, she can figure out what she wants.
Now now, Mama Crash, you know you're not allowed to feel bad for Darcy.

Anyway, on to the episode......

The subplot was okay. More than anything, my reaction to the Paige/Alex conversation was that it seems like Paige is being set up for a fall. The scene at the end was kind of meh, but it was nice to see Alex, the ulitmate teflon character on this show, face some consequences for her current and past deeds.

The main plot was definitely rushed, but I don't care, I loved it because I love the Spin and Jimmy relationship and this plot reminded me why it's probably my favorite on the show. The whole t-shirt business was a good way to tie in both Spin's fears for his future and Jimmy's conflicting attitude about his art and where that might be able to take him in life. And it also allowed the other cast members to be involved. Oh, and for those of you with the compulsive need to combine two characters names into one, you got your "Spimmy" shout out.

So, overall, probably a B- or so for the subplot, and an A- for the main plot, works out to about a B+ for the episode overall.

BTW, Devon Bostick was listed as guest starring in the credits. Did anyone see Nik?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
BTW, Devon Bostick was listed as guest starring in the credits. Did anyone see Nik?
he was walking by when alex went to confront sirina after the lacrosse game. at least i'm pretty sure it was him. it was really quick and in the background.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have one thing to say that is completely shallow, before I can possibly say anything else: Spinner? Hawt. Spinner getting all physical and and angry with the robbers? HAWTER than hawt. Le siiigh.

More shallow, but I guess not the same kind of shallow- is it sad that I kinda don't care about all the things that Alex did to that Sirrina chick? I realized I hate her when I saw her in the previews, but what the? Of course, throwing carrots and tantrums are so much better. Biznatch. I just hate her with a passion and hope dearly that she isn't on any more eps.

Spimmy =
actionvaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

I skimmed thru practically most of the episode, I never cared for the plot pre-watch anyways.

Looks like Ashley's back to her season 4role, my my my....

And this episode made me realize something, except for maybe Paige who was nice to see after 5 eps and Craig (who I miss dreadfully) I really don't care for any of the older kids. Bring on Danny and Derek and Manny and Mia and Darcy and Jt and even Emma....no Sean, though.

Stefan&Katherine
LotusRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm glad that by the end of the episode, we had a good idea of what Spinner will be doing with his life. They so blatantly foreshadowed that he's going to decide to be a police officer, that I'm not even sure you could call it foreshadowing.

Anyway, this ep was ok. Glad to see Alex.

That's all I can really say about it!
Old 11-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

this episode was a kinda fun episode, with spinner and jimmy running their own business, all happily being friends and stuff lol. anyway, i liked the plot and everything. who would think jimmy would actually wanna be in the law business, after being in basketball and drawing art. and spinner a clown? lol. and about the fighting scene, when i saw that scene first in one of the promos, i thought it was sean getting beat up in jail. i didn't know it was actually spinner beating up that guy. maybe being a police officer (as someone mentioned) wouldn't be such a stupid idea? better than being a clown. and the ending was cute, on how jimmy was going to talk to his dad, and spinner smiles.

about the alexz storyline, there wasn't much to it to have it being in the promo. but i never remembered alex hurting that girl in degrassi 2 years ago. does anyone know what episode it was in? but anyway, it was interesting to see her and paige talk again. and i hope things work out for alex.

overall, i liked the episode. is next week's episode officially the mid season finale?
Old 11-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3LiSA (View Post)
this episode was a kinda fun episode, with spinner and jimmy running their own business, all happily being friends and stuff lol. anyway, i liked the plot and everything. who would think jimmy would actually wanna be in the law business, after being in basketball and drawing art. and spinner a clown? lol. and about the fighting scene, when i saw that scene first in one of the promos, i thought it was sean getting beat up in jail. i didn't know it was actually spinner beating up that guy. maybe being a police officer (as someone mentioned) wouldn't be such a stupid idea? better than being a clown. and the ending was cute, on how jimmy was going to talk to his dad, and spinner smiles.

about the alexz storyline, there wasn't much to it to have it being in the promo. but i never remembered alex hurting that girl in degrassi 2 years ago. does anyone know what episode it was in? but anyway, it was interesting to see her and paige talk again. and i hope things work out for alex.

overall, i liked the episode. is next week's episode officially the mid season finale?
it wasn't in an episode, but we all know that her and her crew hurt a lot of people back in the day lol

Old 11-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranny4eva (View Post)
it wasn't in an episode, but we all know that her and her crew hurt a lot of people back in the day lol
ohh lol. well, i think it would have made more sense if that actually was in an episode and they had a flashback or something, lol.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

I laughed so hard during Sirina's little speech! I was expecting them to flash poorly made scenes that were suppose to be from the past then pause of Alex bullying her as an extra, al la "rules of attraction."

Sorry to say it, but this season is pure cheese. The only thing that I'm expecting to blow me away is Jiberty's storyline, and maybe Craig's (unless they turn those things, which sound like compelling stuff, into something lame).

Please, remember me,
happily
Yellow n Blue402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Spimmy, Spimmy, Spimmy. Spin/Jimmy!
I hope they realize it's only couples that get those name blends.
kickedinthehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread