Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1339/1340 Discussion- Thunderstruck- 7/29 (MTV Canada & TeenNick)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

[Rode | Went] down the highway
Broke the limit, we hit the town
Went through to Texas, yeah Texas
And we had some fun
We met some girls
Some dancers who gave a good time
Broke all the rules, played all the fools
Yeah, yeah, they, they, they blew our minds

1339/1340-- Thunderstruck, parts 1 and 2

Tuesday, July 29th, 9:00 PM ET on MTV Canada and TeenNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV
In the finale, a super storm is headed toward Toronto. Maya, Zig and Zoë get stranded at the Matlin house on the way to the dance; Miles is at the Hollingsworth mansion with Tristan, Winston and Frankie; and Drew and Becky are trapped together in the boiler room, breathing in gas fumes from a broken pipe.

MTV sneak photos, TeenNick sneak peek

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

a plot-zoemund he was waiting for her outside. I am glad zoe and maya made up.

b plot-ugh eclare

don't care about drew/becky. they're really going there?

triles has chemistry.

maya annoys me. until next season.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Since we've all basically been spoiled for this episode I'm honestly really trying to psych myself up for it. I hope the storm situation is deliciously bad and cheesy since I love the first season episode of Roseanne with the tornado and the Pine Valley one on All My Children (I can't shut up about this, I know...and if the episode really blows I'm just going to come in here and talk about that). I hope we get some injuries out of this storm!
Old 07-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm actually pretty upset about the leak because i wouldn't have minded seeing the surprise plot twists in the episode itself. But it's alright I guess. I mean I'm sure the episode will still blow my mind (though maybe not in a good way).
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

40 minutes into this I have three thoughts.

1. Snake continues to be a dumbass of a Principal. As Imogen pointed out, this storm didn't come out of nowhere. There's no way they should have even tried to have the dance in this weather.
2. Degrassi's fake screen Paris has nothing on Degrassi's fake screen New York. Wow.
3. There's something quite hilarious about Drew ending up in the boiler room.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
a plot-zoemund he was waiting for her outside. I am glad zoe and maya made up.

b plot-ugh eclare

don't care about drew/becky. they're really going there?

triles has chemistry.

maya annoys me. until next season.
The problem that I already see with any Miles/Tristan storyline is that TPTB will be lazy and make the whole thing all about Miles all the time and I think that eventually Miles/Maya will find their way back to each other as this show is infamous for getting couples back together at some point or another and perhaps it would be easier to deal with a Miles/Tristan storyline if the writing was better and oh, yes it would help if Maya's name isn't constantly mentioned. As far as Maya goes, I don't think Miles had anything to do with Zig dealing pills and if anything Miles tried to help even though he doesn't like Zig and so while the Zoe/Maya friendship would be okay it is already tainted with bad writing.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola

Last edited by Holland Fan Forever; 07-29-2014 at 07:21 PM
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

At first I thought it would be horribly disrespectful to Adam's memory if Drew & Becky get together, but I'm not so sure if I feel that way anymore. I'm still angry at Drew for (probably accidentally) taking advantage of Becky's emotional vulnerability, however.

I'll probably make a longer post after I actually watch the episode.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

1. I like the end of Imogen's presentation with the heavy hitting red caps title and cute little pink "Imogen Moreno" with a star.

2. Black leather coat. skinny jeans. Black chucks. But be every 20-something "artist" trying to make it in NYC.

And so yeah that's about where the video cut off on MTV.ca so I guess I'll have more to say when they get their act together and fix the video
Old 07-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Being gay myself and a HUGE shipper of Triles from the start, that is what I'm going to be commenting on.

Believe it or not, the plot was very believeable and realistic. I've actually had it happen with me. I liked a close guy friend and then one night we kissed and he was so confused; all he knew was that he was happy when he was with me. In the end, however, it was only for me, and just me, but not strong or passionete to be official as everyone would think him to be fully gay. Oh well. But I see the same thing happening with this newly formed Triles. I think Miles is gonna go with it through the summer (Off screen, if season 14 starts during school of course) and slowly through out the first half of the season, I can see Miles just flaking out bc in the long run he isn't gay bi or even pansexual. Being in such a vunurable state right now, Miles just needs some sort of compassion and knows Tristan truly cares about him so that sparks his curiousity.

As far as the Yates comment goes; I'm glad it was said bc it needed to be brought up. Tristan was still in denile about it all and while Dramatic, the scene with him standing in the rain was a good one bc he was finally able to reflect on how foolish he was. Now some may have just shrugged it off, but keep in mind Tristan lost his V card to this guy. Imagine how he must feel. I'm assuming this was also mentioned as the closing for Yates and it's highly unlikely he will return for season 14 though it would make a GREAT plot if he did.

Last edited by Xhin; 07-29-2014 at 09:12 PM
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Okay. I've watched the episode and I have a few thoughts.

1) This episode was a complete and utter mess. I think they tried to tackle too much at once and all four plots kinda felt rushed. Especially the Drew/Becky one. But I liked the references to the past episodes (Drew + Bianca being in a gang, mostly).

2) I'll admit, I really liked a lot of this episode anyway, even though it was total crap.

3) That plot twist at the end... what the hell. But I'm curious to see what happens with Clare and her little baby Edwards. I'm guessing she'll have an abortion. We saw Emma/Manny/Liberty's triangle, where Emma had a scare, Manny had an abortion and Liberty gave her baby up for adoption. So far, Alli's had a scare and Jenna's given her baby up for adoption, so if history repeats itself, Clare will probably have an abortion. That's not for sure, though. Who's the father? Probably Drew. Oh well, I don't really care.

4) Sarah's acting was amazing as always. She's by far the strongest on the show.

5) As I've said before, I'm not sure if I totally hate Drew & Becky together now. It is true that these things happen in real life, where someone dates the sibling of their deceased lover. But I feel like it's too soon and Becky's dealt with some pretty terrible things recently, and Drew should give her some space. I'm just afraid she's really emotionally vulnerable right now.

6) The Zoe/Maya plot was kinda heartwarming and funny at times. I just want to know what happened with Zig. Did he just kinda hang out in the Matlin home? What happened when the mom came back? I thought the Zig/Maya/Zoe triangle thing would be bigger than it was. I'll admit I'm kinda happy it turned into more of a friendship dynamic than a love triangle.

7) Miles and his sister have amazing chemistry on screen and they should interact more.

8) So are Tristan and Miles together now officially? I kinda hope so. We've never had a male bisexual character and, I mean, it's realistic enough. The same exact thing kinda happened with two of my friends, with almost the same exact... wording. "It feels weird, but kinda good..." or some weird cliche rom-com line like that.

9) Speaking of which, Tristan, you have the weirdest one-liners. "If this were a rom-com, this is where we'd kiss!"

10) I laughed my ass off when Clare crashed into the pole. I'm sorry but it was just hilarious.

11) Can we just not gloss over the fact that Winston admitted Yates tried to touch him? So if Winston goes to the authorities over this... what would happen? I guess Yates would be arrested. Is there going to be another courtroom scene next season? Hmm. I just wished this was emphasized more. And I'm glad we actually know that this happened now because now some people will probably realize that Yates isn't just some old guy looking for young guy love. He's a predator, and this line helped demonstrate that.

12) The Jackogen chemistry close to the end was sweet. I'd rather have them than Drew + Becky's storyline. Actually, I'd rather have a Becky storyline alone with her legitimately running away from her home or something. I just want to know how her family is treating her after the trial.

That's pretty much it for now.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhin (View Post)
Being gay myself and a HUGE shipper of Triles from the start, that is what I'm going to be commenting on.

Believe it or not, the plot was very believeable and realistic. I've actually had it happen with me. I liked a close guy friend and then one night we kissed and he was so confused; all he knew was that he was happy when he was with me. In the end, however, it was only for me, and just me, but not strong or passionete to be official as everyone would think him to be fully gay. Oh well. But I see the same thing happening with this newly formed Triles. I think Miles is gonna go with it through the summer (Off screen, if season 14 starts during school of course) and slowly through out the first half of the season, I can see Miles just flaking out bc in the long run he isn't gay bi or even pansexual. Being in such a vunurable state right now, Miles just needs some sort of compassion and knows Tristan truly cares about him so that sparks his curiousity.

As far as the Yates comment goes; I'm glad it was said bc it needed to be brought up. Tristan was still in denile about it all and while Dramatic, the scene with him standing in the rain was a good one bc he was finally able to reflect on how foolish he was. Now some may have just shrugged it off, but keep in mind Tristan lost his V card to this guy. Imagine how he must feel. I'm assuming this was also mentioned as the closing for Yates and it's highly unlikely he will return for season 14 though it would make a GREAT plot if he did.
I think that Miles needing Tristan is more about Miles needing someone who cares about him and will show him some compassion and that this goes back to him being lonely but, I am also almost certain that Maya and Miles aren't over for good and will get back together eventually. I firmly believe that Tristan will be the one who is hurt in the long run and in the end by Miles even if it isn't his original intent and Winston has already tried to warn Miles about this exact thing. I also felt that overall that the episode was rushed and that Clare may get an abortion even though it may go against her religious upbringing.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, just like this season, the finale was half bad fanfic and half good stuff so I'll call it down the middle.

Protip: If any of the Degrassi writers are looking at this, or I guess any of the TPTB at TeenNick or MTV Canada, NO MORE YEAR-LONG SEASONS.

EClare Plot. Too bad I was spoiled for the ending, I think I would've gasped out loud. It was a nice surprise, but at this point I'm kind of sick of all the plot speedbumps thrown at EClare. And now we have the possible Clew baby in the way. I know season 14 will probably be the seniors' last hurrah so I can't help but feel this was unneeded. Otherwise, I liked them together here, and I'm like one of the last few who do, heh.

Triles Plot. Honestly, I liked Chewy and Frankie here more than the two boys. Chewy was the MVP of this plot, IMO. He was in the background so much during this season and this plot along with the trial really made him shine for me. I liked how non-judgmental he was towards Miles's sexuality and he was just completely over Miles's drama and didn't want to see anyone else dragged down. Frankie was good here too, I buy her as an annoying little sister and is who also completely over Miles.

Didn't not miss Chewy saying Pervy Teacher almost groped him. I wish they would've followed up on that more, but it was just needed to throw the cold water of reality on Tristan. He still bugged me here, get this boy some development.

Zig/Maya/Zoe Plot. The writers finally made a smart move here, getting Zig out the way early so the two girls can work out their issues. I'll miss the conflict they had, but it was great seeing them singing together. Also, I did like Zoe finally throwing it back in Maya's face about what happened between her and Miles, something I forgot and something she should've been more angry with Miles about.

Drecky/Brew Plot. Well, it's there. I don't mind it, it didn't bug me, they fit together well, yadda yadda yadda. Didn't like how blase Dallas was at Becky being missing, but then again he had the cooler head and probably just assumed she was hanging somewhere inside. Also Imogen's presentation in the beginning was cute. Speaker of her and Dallas, are we supposed to forget they were held back? IDK.

In any case, bring on season 14 or not if it is going to be as wildly uneven as this season was.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

This episode is the worst type of episode for me - The episode that hurts in so many ways, but is so good in others.

As far as Tristan and Miles, On one hand, I hate it because i hate both of them. On the other, I like it because now they're dealing with each other and I don't have to worry about them spreading out. They only know 2 people each, and worst case scenario, Miles shows up in a MGS/Winston plot, which isn't so bad because Miles interacting with his sister is incredible.
But my big objection is that Miles being confused with Tristan is silly because they have barely talked or interactedonscreen. Fiona and Imogen worked wonderfully because they became close onscreen, you saw their relationship develop, and when Imogen kissed Fiona, that confusion was a part of the story, even when they came back, Imogen was still confused. It worked because there was a relationship there. I don't know, it just felt incredibly sudden and stupid and like they realy just wanted a gay couple. Fine, whatever. At least now i can not care about the two of them together instead of having Miles in one plot and Tristan in another god forbid.

Drew is scum, Drew liking Becky is dumb and sudden. I can believe Becky liking Drew because she is irrational and ****ed up, but who cares. I'm too hurt because Becky doesn't deserve this.

That pretty much covers what I didn't like.

Maya, Zoe and Zig's interactions all could have been better, but I loved Drunk Maya getting in Zoe's face, I love Zig, I loved this entire dynamic. Maya brought the thunder this episode.

Now to the stars of our show; Eclaire. I thought I was sick of them, I thought I was sick of Eli, but no, i'm reminded just how much I love both Eli and Eclaire when Eli is present. He's so charming, so funny, so god damn likable that you can't help but enjoy him, but on top of that, it's been so long since two people had real honest to god chemistry on the show like these two. These two are fire whenever they are in a scene together, it is an absolute treat 99% of the time. Give Eli time to work, he elevates a scene amazingly. I need more Eli, but i'm, unfortunately, not going to get it. Claire leaves at some point, and if they learned their lesson from last time, they will not follow her.

I didn't care about Claire getting pregnant because it was sudden and a goofy way to end the episode. Claire basically looked right into the camera and said "that's all folks"

This episode hurt me but then it rubbed my back and told me that i was awesome. I was never bored, and I guess nothing is flat out bad, but there are a lot that isn't good.
Maple Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Crunch (View Post)
But my big objection is that Miles being confused with Tristan is silly because they have barely talked or interactedonscreen.
I'm not really sure if I can agree with this. The whole Paris dynamic, the episode where Tristan dealt "drugs" to Miles, when Tristan was with Winston & Miles right before telling Miles who kissed Frankie kind of... I mean they hadn't interacted much other than this, but Fiona & Imogen more or less spent a similar amount of time together as Miles & Tristan. It can also be assumed they spent a decent amount of time offscreen, too, judging by how comfortable they felt around each other in the scenes where they were together.

I kinda agree with everything else, though. This episode made me appreciate Eclare a bit more (especially the part when they ran out to get food).
Old 07-30-2014, 05:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman129 (View Post)
I'm not really sure if I can agree with this. The whole Paris dynamic, the episode where Tristan dealt "drugs" to Miles, when Tristan was with Winston & Miles right before telling Miles who kissed Frankie kind of... I mean they hadn't interacted much other than this, but Fiona & Imogen more or less spent a similar amount of time together as Miles & Tristan. It can also be assumed they spent a decent amount of time offscreen, too, judging by how comfortable they felt around each other in the scenes where they were together.

I kinda agree with everything else, though. This episode made me appreciate Eclare a bit more (especially the part when they ran out to get food).
Assuming that they spent a lot of time together and seeing them spend time together are different things I guess. Don't get me wrong, Fiona and Imogen did NOT spend a lot of time together, but they spent enough time onscreen together that it felt kind of natural. I cannot even remember the last time Miles and Tristan talked to each other since the god awful steroid episode, but maybe i've just blocked it out. It can be assumed that they've spent a lot of time together, absolutely, but I guess making that assumption hurts the perspective imo. The confusion from Imogen was an element of the story. She didn't know what it meant, she just knew Fiona made her happy, and watching the season, you can understand that and accept it, this comes out of nowhere. Maybe i'm too hard on it because the only thing I hate more than Miles and Tristan separately is Miles and Tristan together. The steroid episode scarred me for life, there is no going back.
Maple Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread