Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1329/1330 Discussion- Sparks Will Fly- MTV Canada & TeenNick (4/15 & 4/22)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

It seems we lose the game,
Before we even start to play
Who made these rules?
We're so confused

1329/1330-- Sparks Will Fly, part 1 and 2

Tuesday, April 15th, 9:00 PM ET on MTV Canada and TeenNick (part 1)

Tuesday, April 22nd, 9:00 PM ET on MTV Canada and TeenNick (part 2)

TeenNick 1329 sneak peek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV Canada
In the midst of this problem solving for the Wild Wild West Night, Clare (Aislinn Paul) reveals to Drew (Luke Bilyk) important news about her and Eli (Munro Chambers). When Drew and Clare share a heated kiss in the props room, Eli appears, having flown in from New York to work things out with Clare. Zoë (Ana Golja) has her eyes set on her new movie but when she finds out that the role calls for her character to be killed, she can’t take the trauma. But when she talks to the director, Zoë’s dreams of the limelight appear to be as dead as her character. It’s a showdown at Wild Wild West Night: Miles Hollingsworth (Eric Osborne) vs. Zig Novak (Ricardo Hoyos), for the heart of Maya Matlin (Olivia Scriven).

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar

Last edited by JustMe2000; 04-15-2014 at 12:20 PM
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hmm. The part two description is the plot description for 1331 "You Are Not Alone" I thought. :/
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm not sure that episode (You Are Not Alone) exists anymore. They've gotten really bad with episode descriptions. Was that something Abby did? Even the release of episode titles seems to be a chore these days. In any event, I did change it to the MTV PR write-up just to make it easier.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

When I first read the episode description I thought it would be too jam packed but realizing this is an hour long I feel better about it. I like the sound of all 3 plots but they all make me nervous. I hate love triangles and find it hard to be engaged in them but I've picked my sides in Eli/Clare/Drew and Zig/Maya/Miles...this episode might be as intense as Holiday! Excited for the Zoe plot as well although I wish it was an a-plot. It might be good lead up for a trial though so I'm down with it.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:43 PM
New Fan

I hate, hate, HATE, the fact that Maya took Miles back and that she's leading Zig on, just to say "I think we should just be friends" in the promo next week. Not only did she lead him on, but the writers lead on all the Zaya fans. Her scream for "Miles" in the promo makes it sound pretty clear that she's worried about him, not really Zig. That song she sang about the love triangle was pretty funny but a little cheesy if you ask me. Not my favorite storyline but hey, it's probably just because I want Zaya.

On the other hand, I'm happy to see Zoe's emotions and reactions to the assault. She's holding up considerably well, but I do see how playing that role would effect her. I'm glad she got the part and I hope she pulls through. I would love to see more Zoe storylines about the pros and cons of show business.

Last but not least, oh, how I HATE Clew. Eli obviously cares about Claire but education comes first. It's immature for Claire to think he isn't trying, and a bit selfish if you ask me... It's all a cheap rip-off of Savvy J. President/Vice President's, girl's bestfriend used to date boy, girl's boyfriend far away, girl breaks up with boyfriend through voicemail and goes to president.

The only storyline that I wasn't screaming, "NO!" at the screen was Zoe's. I guess it's better to have an emotion drawn out during a show than none at all, even if the emotion is anger, but it was somewhat disappointing..

http://figment.com/users/301282-Caitlin-Reid
degrassibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Usually I come into these threads and I talk about what i liked and didn't like, or how it could improve. Usually i feel like i'm able to come up with at least one thing I enjoyed, but I couldn't even finish this episode. Everything made me furious, but I had to give up after Clare jumped onto the couch. I literally had to stop the video when Zig was putting the bracelet on Maya to suppress a scream. I felt like I wanted to cry tears of rage during the Eli call because everything about this episode was so ****ing atrocious in the first 10 minutes.

So could someone tell me what happens in the rest of the episode? If I watch anymore, i think i might actually throw up.
Maple Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Why can't degrassi get it together? It was such a good show at one point.

Now they are pathetically and desperately trying to make all of the characters act OOC to just add drama. Zig is not acting like himself at all, and now neither will miles judging by the promo for next week.

Eli wouldn't have cheated on Clare during this cancer thing. Sorry don't buy it. Now I can't stand him because they ruined him too.

They can't just keep some characters stable...it's sad. There's only so many characters they can ruin before no one cares anymore.
I could feel everything he was feeling. I could feel his loneliness. For the first time I was really seeing Max Evans, I saw me as he saw me, and the amazing thing was, in his eyes, I was beautiful. - Liz Parker
DaiSy TiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I stopped ca- October 2000?? Damn.

I stopped caring tonight dude. As far as Eli cheating, people say that's out of character, it's really not. He didn't cheat on Clare because he just wanted to stick his dick in something, he was sad, alone and missing Clare and let impulse get the best of him, it was the reason I liked the finale to 13B so much, because they seemed to mirror that situation with Clare and Drew, Clare is sad and lonely, and lets impulse get the best of her. It was interesting, and not just a moment of forgiveness based on nothing, but because they needed drama, they made Clare clearly fall in love with Drew and want an emotional connection all because he's there and eli isn't.

I do agree that they are just making characters act ridiculously to make drama, and maybe it's because i've been rewatching earlier episodes (Finished season 1 yesterday!), but it just felt more explained, everything felt in context. A few scenes, or lackthereof, could make or break a storyline, and that seems to be the issue with season 13, it feels like there are so many scenes missing that should make these plots matter. It felt like a huge amount of Alli/Leo was missing, it feels like there are scenes where Clare struggles without Eli are missing. I don't know if it was rushing or because they just wanted to create an overdramatic product that stupid girls who can't think would like, but it's really noticeable.

The fact that Degrassi had the audacity to reference Zombie in last week's episode and then totally throw any emotion that could have possible come from it out the window, even going so far as to BURY IT by ignoring anything that was said, made me want to scream. I can't deal with this show anymore, at least not live.

Okay, so i finished the episode;

I figured out the reason Clew is terrible, it's because it demands that you don't acknowledge what has happened in the past, like Eli flying from New York and leaving a project that could have benefitted him a lot because his girlfriend had cancer, to make it work. If you need to leave your brain at the door, then it's a bad story.

Zoe's story was bad too, just a different kind of bad. The scene where she's in the chair and there are lines from Unbelievable and scenes of the assault was incredibly well done. However, the immediate fallout of that scene is Zoe using that experience not as motivation to be better, drawing from a negative for strength and maturity, but to guilt the director into giving her what she wants, same way she did for the quiz team. It makes what happened to her feel like a tool she's using instead of an experience she learned from. Everything else was stupid because it made no sense, but this was bad because it's such a simple story to make, victim falls tot he lowest low and rises from the ashes stronger because of it, it really isn't that difficult. It makes for great television, because the stretch of Darcy as a rape victim in season 7 was one of the most interesting and easily the most dark period of time in the degrassi universe. **** was ****ed up for her, and she came to terms with it after a struggle, and it felt like a struggle, but she came out better. Here, Zoe doesn't seem affected by it, she never addresses it and it doesn't seem like an issue until it benefits the plot.

It's unfortunate for Degrassi that every rape plot they try to do will be compared by anyone smart to Darcy's, but to just ignore that formula for the sake of space and not overwhelming the audience with a reason to THINK and FEEL is disgusting to me.

Last edited by Maple Crunch; 04-15-2014 at 09:05 PM
Old 04-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hmm.

I have heard nothing good about this episode. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm not really anticipating it much. Idk. I don't mind it spoiled, I guess. Besides, everything I expected has happened from what I've heard from others.

I think I agree with Maple Crunch and I'd also like to add that these new episodes are soooooo focused on relationships. I know it's probably something everyone's tired of hearing from me, but I'm genuinely pissed that Zoe's PTSD plot takes a backseat to another love triangle plot we've already seen a crapton.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think judging a relationship plot as no different from another is unfair, these are just incredibly poorly written because nobody at the degrassi warehouse has an ounce of care about this show. I guarantee that I give a **** aboutt his show more than anybody who writes it or is behind it, because i doubt a ****ing idiot like Brogren is sitting around getting mad when something is bad. I'm not even involved with the project, but as someone who tries to create something, it pisses me off that these clowns can ever be satisfied with what they're doing. Once you're satisfied, then you settle. If you're happy with a project 2 days after you're finished it, you don't have the drive to create.

I just want someone behind this show to care about it, because season 12 made me htink that someone in the booth cared, season 13 has ruined that.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Crunch (View Post)
I think judging a relationship plot as no different from another is unfair, these are just incredibly poorly written because nobody at the degrassi warehouse has an ounce of care about this show. I guarantee that I give a **** aboutt his show more than anybody who writes it or is behind it, because i doubt a ****ing idiot like Brogren is sitting around getting mad when something is bad. I'm not even involved with the project, but as someone who tries to create something, it pisses me off that these clowns can ever be satisfied with what they're doing. Once you're satisfied, then you settle. If you're happy with a project 2 days after you're finished it, you don't have the drive to create.

I just want someone behind this show to care about it, because season 12 made me htink that someone in the booth cared, season 13 has ruined that.
Maybe it's just me. I find that the even numbered seasons are better than the odd ones (that is, if you switch 7&8 or something, and maybe 5&6).
Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Someone did bring that up at some point, and 7 and 8 are definitely the flaws in that idea.

I just finished watching season 1, season 1 is really good for the most part. I think it's just that Degrassi will have a good run, but then they have to balance it with bull****. Apparently season 11 has gotten a bad rep for some reason, and i remember htere being a lot of bad things in it, but I also remember a lot of really great things. It's been a long time, but i remember loving all of season 11.

You just have to watch out for some seasons. 13C has definitely ruined Season 13 for me, because I am a defender of 13A even though there are a lot of flaws, and 13B has a lot good about it even though there are some **** points. 13C has good parts, but the bad outweighs the good by a huge margin.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm confused cuz I didn't see this on the n tonight but part 1 was supposed to air. I see one on the 22nd, but that's part 2? Grrr
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just don't get why the writers feel ruining Clare's character for the sake of Clew is alright? Like Clare gets hate for breathing, have her break the Knight in Shining Armour's heart and she's a horrible bitch that should be burned.

I'm worried about the hate Aislinn will get. Since fangirls don't know how to separate between fact and fiction.

I would've been fine (maybe) if they broke up at Thanksgiving and Clew slowly start to fall for each other. None of this stuff that's happening now.
FlybyNooN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:04 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlybyNooN (View Post)
I just don't get why the writers feel ruining Clare's character for the sake of Clew is alright? Like Clare gets hate for breathing, have her break the Knight in Shining Armour's heart and she's a horrible bitch that should be burned.

I'm worried about the hate Aislinn will get. Since fangirls don't know how to separate between fact and fiction.

I would've been fine (maybe) if they broke up at Thanksgiving and Clew slowly start to fall for each other. None of this stuff that's happening now.
I agree completely.
On this Teennick thing about Aislinn, when asked what she would like Clare to do before graduating, she said it would be to look back at her experience and to feel good about everything that she has done, mistakes and all. If the fans hound her, she's not going to be able to do that. It's not Aislinn's fault that Clare and Eli are getting a crappy end...

http://figment.com/users/301282-Caitlin-Reid
degrassibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread