Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1320 Discussion- Power to the People- 2/18 (MTV Canada & TeenNick)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

A million workers workin' for nothin'
You better give 'em what they really own
We got to put you down
When we come into town

1320- Power to the People

Tuesday, February 18th, 9:00 PM ET on MTV Canada and TeenNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN
Drew decides to break up with Zoe; Alli and Dallas team up to stay focused; Imogen takes her dress code fight to the Internet.
TeenNick Sneak Peek

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wasn't totally happy with this episode. I felt that the Imogen/Becky plot was rushed. I like how they [tried to] show that there are two sides to every story (yes, they had restrictions for women, but not as many for men... why were they in place?) and their last scene was rather satisfying, but at the same time, it seems like there was the scene with Simpson and the rest of it was... total fluff. Maybe it would've been more effective if they showed some men in the decision making process. Not sure, but it'd make it more well-rounded.

Alli's plot was satisfying. It shows that she's not completely over Leo (which is unsurprising; very few people would be). I'm guessing she likes Dallas more than Jenna as an assistant is because he's not "invading her privacy" in any way. This is presumably due to the fact that he has no idea about what actually happened to Alli. And I have a feeling this "plot" isn't actually over. Since it's only assumed that Dallas will try to go further with Alli (as seen in the scene with Drew near the end with his line about unrequited love), I'm hoping she turns his advances down. Not because I don't like the idea of them together, but because... well... right now? Alli needs time off.

I'm not even going to say much about the Drew/Zoe plot because that was all over the place. From a job to legalities to hurting feelings... pick one please, Degrassi. >.< Unless if their entire point was to show how messy breakups can be, in which case, it didn't really come across in a positive manner. What I will say is that Drew needs to cool it with the ladies.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked the episode, but I feel like they were a little too hard on Drew. He was hardly a jerk to Zoe. I think Zoe was more at fault.. she's the one who pushed the relationship onto Drew and she just seemed like a bitter ex girlfriend trying to make him lose his job.
They kept saying it was stupid for him to have sex with her, but never did they mention the possibility of her getting pregnant/being a young father, it just seemed like they were mad at him for hurting her feelings. but overall I was happy with the episode.

Last edited by Benji; 02-18-2014 at 11:49 PM
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Mr. Hollingsworth doing his presentation to high school students and having a dramatic parent interrupt was just too cringe-worthy. Sometimes the adults become cartoony and I think this was one of those times. I had a brief moment of "maybe I can't handle this show anymore." I felt so silly watching. I understand that the kids needed a push to come to a confrontation. I'm guessing that the principal office scene needed to happen because we need to see that Zoe won't lie about having consensual sex and that is the place where you will be under the most pressure to lie or tell the truth as a teen. This, like everything else Zoe, is going to be important later if speculation of the rest of the season is correct.

The dress code plot and Drew/Zoe fit together nicely. I liked it. It emphasized that even as a super senior, you are still a kid but the kid gloves aren't going to be used much longer. You have to use your head and your heart when having sex. And be practical with what goals you have in mind when protesting. Drew and Imogen were pretty easy to relate to and at the same time smack your forehead worthy for the same reason. Snake stepped up his game with presenting Imogen the option to modify the dress code and I loved the whole process of her realizing what other people want, questioning what her motives are, and then ultimately the satisfaction of seeing that teens can and will behave accordingly when they feel like they are being treated fairly. I think this is a pretty great message for all ages.

I enjoyed the plot with Alli and Dallas as well. I was sure that he would play some role with her and Leo. I'm happy it isn't "knight and shining armor" with Dallas punching Leo out. I hope it doesn't come to that. Pleasantly surprised that Dallas was playing it subtle after eavesdropping and wanting to support her. I don't think he entirely gets it and it looks like a little reading from Drew's self help dating book didn't help from the from the promo for next week's ep.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Drew was thoroughly in the wrong and, if anything, the show let him off easy for his sleazy behavior. There is an immense difference in maturity when it comes to a 18 year old and a 15 year old. 18 year old has sex with 15 year old and then immediately dumps her. This is the 2nd time Drew has cut off a relationship with a girl immediately after having sex with her (in both cases it being the first time for the girl). In that case, at least he had post-concussion syndrome that meant he was not thinking clearly and Katie was around the same age. In this case, he did not have a medical problem affecting his thought process and the girl was bigtime younger.

No, a person should not have to stay with someone because they had sex with that person. However, it takes a true lack of comprehension, compassion and just plain dignity for a 18 year old to have sex with a 15 year old and then immediately dump her. What Drew did was despicable all around.

Imogen and Becky was entertaining because it was Imogen and Becky (probably the two most watchable characters on the show right now).

Last edited by Inesal; 02-19-2014 at 08:46 AM
Inesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked this episode. I love Drew. He has some amazing storylines this season. I also want to see more of alli and dallas. He's really changed for the better. I like imogen a lot too.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Finally this season starts getting watchable. The overall episode did have that theme of the kids realizing adulthood is right around the corner and I always love when Degrassi works a theme with all the plots.

A-Plot. Yeah, Drew needed that verbal smack upside the head by his mother. For too long he's been an idiot about women and their feelings. There was no way the situation between him and Zoe was going to end well, but throughout the episode he was only motivated by his wants and needs and wanting to be seen as the "good guy" (which is consistent). The guy really needs to build some self confidence for himself; unlike Craig he uses women to feel better about himself.

B-Plot. I really liked this plot as well, nice bit of fluff. Imogen getting what she wanted, but not knowing what she wanted was a nice way of Snake basically telling her that stuff like this isn't easy to come up. The resolution was very good and I'm actually happy it worked out for her.

C-Plot. Yeah, Bhandallas is coming but I'm enjoying the slow burn and am very glad this didn't turn into Dallas swooping in for the rescue. Jenna was trying her best to help Alli with the Leo thing, but at the same time I get that Alli just didn't want to deal with it (at least not just yet) and get her science project done. I don't think it was unhealthy, just a "god I just don't want to talk it about right this second" thing. It's not a situation where she was in danger of running to Leo again, and she needed to handle it on her own pace which is why she appreciate Dallas not bringing it up. They're cute as a couple, so I'll be happy when they'll end up together so yeah.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Although I enjoyed it, I don't really have much to say about this episode.

I think MegaJ's point about the three plots tying together through the theme of adulthood being right around the corner for the principals is a good one. And with two characters who should be out of school and another who wanted to leave early, this is a group to do that with.

I was glad to see therapy brought up with Alli, I was a little worried that wouldn't get a mention as things move forward with her. I'm on board with her and Dallas, so that part was all good for me.

The resolution to Imogen's plot was....kinda vague? But, really, it's probably never going to be brought up so it doesn't really matter. It's too early to get much of a read on Frankie, and I'm sure things will change a little as we see more of her. But, right now, she's annoying me.

As for Drew and Zoe, I like that they went the route they did with them, although I too wish more had been brought up about the possibility of STI or pregnancy. At the end of the day, I think this whole plot will prove to be more of a stepping stone to what we're about to see with these two characters.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Addicted Fan

I enjoyed the Imogen plot in the last episode but it lost me in this one. Maybe it was the 9th graders, idk.

The Drew/Zoe plot was good. Even though Drew shouldn't have been involved with her I'm glad she admitted it was consensual and didn't pursue statutory rape charges.

Alli plot...was fine I guess. It really didn't do a whole lot other than foreshadow Dallas/Alli.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavealife2uknow (View Post)
I enjoyed the Imogen plot in the last episode but it lost me in this one. Maybe it was the 9th graders, idk.

The Drew/Zoe plot was good. Even though Drew shouldn't have been involved with her I'm glad she admitted it was consensual and didn't pursue statutory rape charges.

Alli plot...was fine I guess. It really didn't do a whole lot other than foreshadow Dallas/Alli.
sent you a pm hun, do you have tumblr?
Old 02-21-2014, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

I liked the imogen plot storyline it w was great.
Like scene's between Dalls and Drews
The best scene was the scene between drew and his mother !