Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1317 Discussion- The World I Know- 1/28 (MTV Canada and TeenNick)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below
Had to laugh at myself
While the tears rolled down
'Cause it's the world I know
It's the world I know

1317- The World I Know

Tuesday, January 28th, 9:00 PM ET on MTV Canada and TeenNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV Canada
In the winter premiere of DEGRASSI, “The World I Know” (Tuesday, Jan. 28 at 9 p.m. ET), it’s Alli’s (Melinda Shankar) birthday, but her spirits are crushed when she learns that the love of her life, Leo (Alex Harrouch) is being sent back to France with an expired visitor visa. Maya (Olivia Scriven) returns from suspension, only to find she’ll be stuck in a new class with former friend Zig (Ricardo Hoyos). President Drew (Luke Bilyk) is working with mayoral candidate, Mr. Hollingsworth (John Ralston), but his recent intimate moment with Clare (Aislinn Paul) has him distracted. Drew’s excited for the first event of the term, a speaking engagement by Mr. Hollingsworth, but his first call of duty is to clear things up with Clare.
Sneak Peaks- TeenNick

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the thread.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like alli/leo, drew/clare or zig/maya together at all.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Drew/clare are going to be very interesting. Im pretty excited.

Still questioning why they killed Cam. Him and Maya were a perfect little couple and now they are ruining Maya with this and with her getting with Zig.
Charmqn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmqn (View Post)
Drew/clare are going to be very interesting. Im pretty excited.

Still questioning why they killed Cam. Him and Maya were a perfect little couple and now they are ruining Maya with this and with her getting with Zig.
word on the ruining maya.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Extreme Fan

God, this is such an awkward night for premiers after years of Friday nights. But I guess they figured people will watch it online more than anything.

A-Plot. Okay Alli, when your abusive boyfriend recognizes a fling as a fling, that's a problem. I don't want to say it's out of character because she was very much in character (falling in love quick, impulsive, not bothering to think the logistics out) but god, she got sprung of Leo so quickly. The abuse scene was hard to watch (and I'm sure the Chris Brown/Rihanna/car beat-up parallels are intentional), and Melinda did her best acting coming in for her birthday party. I can't wait to see what happens.

B-Plot. Okay, that was a hop, skip, and a big plot jump to get Maya in the Rubber Room (btw, good on Degrassi for avoiding that particular teen show cliche until now). She made a death threat through a song, so stick her in remedial classes? No Ms. Sauve? In any case, she's there anyway. There wasn't much there, I like Ricardo Hoyos's demeanor as Zig, but that first mock interview scene was painful and Olivia was trying to carry it with no luck. But anyway, I think I'll like that whole set up, and I like what I've seen of Grace.

C-Plot. Not much to write home about here. Drew is starting to crush on Clare, but I don't think it will be returned and will grow to be another EClare roadblock. Oh, and the Mayor Hollingsworth plotline was finally picked up. Good.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Supreme Fan

I already hate Drew and Clare. Drew comes off like a cocky jerk.

I'm OVER alli's drama. Boys boys boys...now husband drama

Finally we see Zig and Maya reconnect. Her and Zig are far more interesting together than her and Miles, and the tension between them is so intense!!! I can't wait for them to become friends again and FINALLY become a couple.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

An extremely poor return by Degrassi.

I cannot buy Alli having given this punk repeated chances. The Zig and Maya scenes seemed contrived and failed to engage on any level. Drew and Clare seemed to have far outlasted their shelf life. In each case, there seems to be laziness in the writing.

Last edited by Inesal; 01-28-2014 at 10:53 PM
Inesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

To be fair, most abused people return to their abusers several times before finally escaping [for various reasons]. In Alli's case, she's naturally overly attached because she has a general dependency on guys (which I think may stem from her childhood, constantly being told she's not good enough, etc). So will this time be the last? My guess is probably not. At least, not realistically.

I liked seeing Alli's parents at the end. But I figured since Clare and Jenna knew about the marriage and how she saw Leo, they would've probably known what was up (especially when they saw her putting a lot of makeup on a few weeks earlier).

I thought the other two plots were rather uninteresting- particularly the Drew/Clare one. I was excited to see Miles's dad again, but we didn't even see his relationship with his son. I'm pretty excited to see the skinny dipping episode primarily for these reasons.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:25 AM
Addicted Fan

By season 13 standards it was good.

Alli's plot was entertaining. A bit surprised that she actually went through with the marriage. I could understand why Leo was mad after she wanted to keep it secret from her family, but man after that attack scene I hope she smartens up next episode, gets an annulment and gets away from Leo.

I enjoyed the Zig/Maya plot as well. I like that Grace is different from the other females on the show but she was slightly annoying with the "princess" thing.

There wasn't much to the Drew plot yet but what we did get I found to be boring.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Alli's plot is definitely getting interesting. Although I think it's a bit odd that Leo was willing to end it all so easily when his credits expired (or whatever the reason was). He practically dropped everything and moved to another country for her, you'd think he would have at least put up some sort of fight. But then again, the characters have been pretty inconsistent all season haha. But the actual abuse scene and the scene where Alli shows up at her birthday party were both strong. I'm really at a loss for understanding why she would still hide Leo's abusive tendencies. Another quick note, "We baked cupcakes! Well, Clare did" got a chuckle out of me haha.

ZIG IS BACK!!!!!!!! I have to say, I think its pretty understandable why he's acting this way. We all act a little irrational when we're heartbroken. I hope the awkward tension clears up. Also, what in the world does the Rubber Room mean?? haha

Drew/Clare.... eh, it kind of seems like it might turn out to be a temporary fling more than anything. I look forward to seeing a continuation with Drew and Mr. Hollingsworth.

Something I'll forever be in wonder about.... will we ever hear Cam's name be mentioned this season? I just feel like it needs to be directly addressed at somepoint.

Well that's it for today!
TRWP991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesal (View Post)
An extremely poor return by Degrassi.

I cannot buy Alli having given this punk repeated chances. The Zig and Maya scenes seemed contrived and failed to engage on any level. Drew and Clare seemed to have far outlasted their shelf life. In each case, there seems to be laziness in the writing.
I don't buy the zig/maya and clare/drew pairings one bit. what about campbell? and I do agree with the below poster. I'm tired of drew. He just broke up with Bianca, glad that her name was mentioned and now he "loves" clare.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
I don't buy the zig/maya and clare/drew pairings one bit. what about campbell? and I do agree with the below poster. I'm tired of drew. He just broke up with Bianca, glad that her name was mentioned and now he "loves" clare.
Cambell is dead. I don't understand why its so unbelievable that Maya is moving on. Whether its with Miles or Zig she's free to move on.

Though I buy Zaya way more than Miles/Maya.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Cambell is dead. I don't understand why its so unbelievable that Maya is moving on. Whether its with Miles or Zig she's free to move on.

Though I buy Zaya way more than Miles/Maya.
oh me too. I just don't like how they're going about it, but I do agree about enough of drew. Clare is still with Eli and drew just broke up with Bianca...