Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1316 Discussion- Spiderwebs- 11/21 (MTV Canada & TeenNick)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

They print my message in the Saturday Sun
I had to tell them I ain't second to none

1316- Spiderwebs

Thursday, November 21st, 9:00 PM ET on MTV Canada and TeenNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV Canada

-Drew (Luke Bilyk) is counting down the seconds to his reunion with Bianca (Alicia Josipovic), due home for Thanksgiving. But when Dallas (Demetrius Joyette) says he spotted Bianca at The Dot, Drew is surprised she didn’t let him know she’s back in town. In the meantime, Mr. Simpson (Stefan Brogren) and Zig (Ricardo Hoyos) struggle to find an alternative solution to their problem when the bag they hid is found, while Maya (Olivia Scriven) is still seething about an unjust universe. Tristan (Lyle O’Donohoe) is caught in the middle of the Maya (Olivia Scriven) / Zoe (Ana Golja) triangle and tries to broker a peace settlement over Thanksgiving.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the thread. finally zig will be in the ep. last one and then break till february I'm assuming.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixonxnavade (View Post)
thanks for the thread. finally zig will be in the ep. last one and then break till february I'm assuming.
I don't think Zig is in the episode? The OP keeps making joke summaries involving Snake and Zig, I've noticed. The Maya and Drew plot are correct, though.
lexiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiness (View Post)
I don't think Zig is in the episode? The OP keeps making joke summaries involving Snake and Zig, I've noticed. The Maya and Drew plot are correct, though.
If the Simpson/Zig plots had been real, these episodes would have been infinitely better.
TRWP991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRWP991 (View Post)
If the Simpson/Zig plots had been real, these episodes would have been infinitely better.
yeah too much time will be spent on eclare tonight. At least Bianca is in it.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Extreme Fan

CLEW. CLEW. CLEW.

Okay, that's out the way. Best episode so far.

A-Plot. I'll reiterate what I said previously, that it makes since that Eli and Bianca did what they did, especially Bianca. Eli is very devoted to Clare, but as I stated before he's in another country, lonely and surrounded by strangers and working and stressed, meanwhile Clare's surrounded by friends at home. I believe his thing with Lenore was one and done. I think Clare's kiss with Drew worked two-fold: to further CLEW! and also to put Clare in Eli's shoes a bit in terms of how he felt.

I knew Drianca wasn't going to last. They're engaged at 18 years old, and one is in college. As soon as Bianca's world opened up, that was it. I felt for Drew though, I think that's the first performance by Luke Biylik I liked.

So now we have the kiss that Clare didn't tell Eli about and Drew is now free for dating. This is gonna be goooooood...

B-Plot. Man, Tristan you suck. I could understand him being sneaky if Maya and Zoe were fighting over petty stuff, but that was a really heinous thing Zoe did to Maya. And didn't he ditch Maya in the first episode of this season to hang with Zoe? Ugh. He sucks.

So come January...no promo really. Bah.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

LOL totally keep falling for the OP.

This season is dead in the water. Really painful. I hate everyone and it looks like Maya will be going through another unexplained phase (this time Ashley inspired!) next block.

Oddly, I really want Clew to officially happen.

minkyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyfan (View Post)
LOL totally keep falling for the OP.

This season is dead in the water. Really painful. I hate everyone and it looks like Maya will be going through another unexplained phase (this time Ashley inspired!) next block.

Oddly, I really want Clew to officially happen.
Katie inspired, you mean? DARK CLOTHES! = REBEL. Watch her start to sing to Alanis sometime soon, too (and more proof that Degrassi (anyone at Degrassi) doesn't understand how to hold a damn gun. You don't put your finger on the trigger unless you intend to shoot. Reminded me of some senator from the US showing off some 'assault weapon' and the dumbass had her finger on the trigger while pointing it at people in The Senate (she was trying to get 'assault weapons' banned; yet she really shouldn't be showing off a gun if she doesn't understand that she could have shot and killed someone with her little 'demonstration'. If someone died, she'd be in trouble).

That awkward end to the Thanksgiving feast was awful. It's like Eli got Clare back ( ), but Drew is still confused about how he feels after that kiss and he stares down at Clare when he's standing up at the end. Eli probably thought Drew was staring at him. No, Eli, not everyone wants your nasty dick. I wonder how Clare feels about that kiss. She ran away, but she still kissed him.
Watch. They'll have Eli find out and he'll get pissed-off and blame her and we'll have to accept it because Eli is perfect and shouldn't be blamed for anything.

A book of emails titled OUR STORY. Wow. Literally no effort. Half-assed way of getting Clare back when he doesn't deserve her.

I felt second-hand embarrassment from the mention of the term 'turkey dumping'. I only knew of it from people on Tumblr talking about the episode weeks before it even aired. So bad.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A plot-I cried the whole time about drianca. I was crying for Drew. He has become my all time favorite character. He's a changed man. It's really over. I shipped them really hard and I always will.

This whole season so far has been a waste of time.

I officially want clew to happen. It's better than eclare. I'm done with them.

I don't care for tristan's plot. Until january.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

So long story short, it's ok,to cheat on your girlfriend who just survived cancer because the girl who gets beat by her boyfriend says so.

Thanks degrassi.
I could feel everything he was feeling. I could feel his loneliness. For the first time I was really seeing Max Evans, I saw me as he saw me, and the amazing thing was, in his eyes, I was beautiful. - Liz Parker
DaiSy TiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Overall, i thought this episode was the best one of the block. The work with Claire especially was very good, Tristan was surprisingly solid, and Drew, for the first time maybe ever, showed a slight hint of character depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiSy TiFF (View Post)
So long story short, it's ok,to cheat on your girlfriend who just survived cancer because the girl who gets beat by her boyfriend says so.

Thanks degrassi.
you missed the point, which is amazing, because it wasn't exactly veiled. It was brilliant, but it was basic.

Claire kissing Drew made her realize that when you're overwhelmingly sad, you're vulnerable, and when you're vulnerable, you will do anything, no matter how irrational it is in a stable mind, to make yourself feel better. You aren't thinking, you act on impulse. Claire didn't want to kiss Drew, she was sad and Drew was making her feel better, so she acted on impulse. I think it's fairly clear that Eli doesn't want to lose Claire, he was sad because she wasn't there. Claire said "Oh my god" because in that moment, she understood. It made sense where it didn't before. It was handled very well, and while a lot of people will just view it as Eli getting away with being ****ty, it wasn't that. It's moments like the scene with Claire and Drew and the following scene with her and Eli that make me remember why I like the show; amidst all the atrocious writing, poor creative decisions and bad character work, there are flashes of brilliance. This was one of them.

Last edited by Maple Crunch; 11-23-2013 at 10:47 AM
Maple Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

I honestly get and don't mind drianca ad Eclare breaking up. Drifting apart and etc... Is part of log distance relationships especially when one is still in high school/another in college. I wished they made this a season long arc. With us seeing mini episodes of Bianca in college too. I also wanted another Audra/Bianca scene.

But, the way they did the whole Eclare drama pushes me further away from liking Eclare. Having Clare just forgive Eli so quickly, did Eli even apologize?. And, I fully expect a Eli/clare/drew triangle. And, honestly, I find clare/drew more intriguing to me.
Charmqn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmqn (View Post)
I honestly get and don't mind drianca ad Eclare breaking up. Drifting apart and etc... Is part of log distance relationships especially when one is still in high school/another in college. I wished they made this a season long arc. With us seeing mini episodes of Bianca in college too. I also wanted another Audra/Bianca scene.

But, the way they did the whole Eclare drama pushes me further away from liking Eclare. Having Clare just forgive Eli so quickly, did Eli even apologize?. And, I fully expect a Eli/clare/drew triangle. And, honestly, I find clare/drew more intriguing to me.
I doubt you get one, Drew was a vehicle for Claire to realize why Eli had kissed Lenore, and while that doesn't make it right, the writers also didn't pretend that it was.

as far as Clare/Drew, you say that because you've seen a lot of Eclare and are intrigued by another possibility, but one moment of legitimate chemistry complimented by good writing shouldn't overshadow the fact that they, as characters, not only have nothing in common, but there is no chemistry between them at all. The only other decent scene they had was at the beginning of the block, where they both mourned Adam, which shows that emotion can give the illusion of chemistry and working well together where there isn't.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Crunch (View Post)
I doubt you get one, Drew was a vehicle for Claire to realize why Eli had kissed Lenore, and while that doesn't make it right, the writers also didn't pretend that it was.

as far as Clare/Drew, you say that because you've seen a lot of Eclare and are intrigued by another possibility, but one moment of legitimate chemistry complimented by good writing shouldn't overshadow the fact that they, as characters, not only have nothing in common, but there is no chemistry between them at all. The only other decent scene they had was at the beginning of the block, where they both mourned Adam, which shows that emotion can give the illusion of chemistry and working well together where there isn't.
Ahahaha.

Going back to your comment about ****ty writing, that makes it even more likely that Eli was lying his ass off about not screwing Lenore. We're getting more webisodes with the prick named Eli. She'll more than likely be involved, especially since we know her full name now. Eclare is dying. The writers should let it die. It has been beaten to death worse than WHEELCHAIR JIMMY LAWL jokes. I hope Lenore slaps the **** out of Eli because he is full of it.

Oh boy. Nothing in common? They can learn from eachother. That's a positive thing. If Eli leaves and Eclare is done, then Clare can branch out and either stay single or find a better boyfriend (not Drew since we know the Clew/Drare/whatever ship is barely sailing and judging by the promos, Clare isn't too happy about Drew liking her - although it could also be her guilt from kissing him and not telling Eli. Screw Eli. Eli didn't run away from Lenore; he obviously stayed and he still hasn't even let his GIRLFRIEND know that this girl - he supposedly didn't 'screw' - is also living in the same room as he is. Clare, on the other hand, ran out of the room after she realized what she was doing once she and Drew were on top of eachother and making out).
Old 11-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

it sounds like you just don't like Eli, so you're twisting what's been written into "HE'S CLEARLY LYING ABOUT NOT HAVING SEX WITH LENORE!!!!!"

Which is fine, i'm not going to tell you how to irrationally hate something, but to cast dispersions on what was one of the few instances of very good writing because it wasn't what you wanted was petty imo
Reply   Post New Thread