Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1310 Discussion- You Got Me- 10/10 (MTV Canada & TeenNick)

[B]Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

I deal with the real so if it's artificial let it be
I've seen people caught in love like whirlwinds
listening to they squads and listening to girlfriends
that's exactly the point where they whole world ends
lies come in, that's where that drama begins, she like

1310- You Got Me, October 10th on MTV Canada and TeenNick, 9:00 PM ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2It
Zoe is desperate to find a date for the beach party and attempts to make a deal with Drew. Some other crap happens.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the thread.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

'some other crap happens'
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

-Loved that little dynamic of Clare sitting between warring Alli and Jenna. Again, I'm not a big fan of this story line, but I do like seeing these three together.
-That said, Leo getting on Clare and Jenna's good side by dancing with them? Yikes. Well, I guess he didn't completely win them over as they both mentioned they still had their eye on him, but it sure did some to thaw the ice a lot.
-It's good to see Degrassi continuing to get big time guest stars like Bruce Willis to appear. Well, in a soundtrack type way.
- "Ugh, people never get my jokes!" Score one for Becky, who gets the biggest laugh of the night.

-So I guess Miles' sister (her name is Frankie) is the fourth regular new character as Sara Waisglass, who plays her appears listed in the opening credits with the rest of the regular cast that appeared in that episode last night.
-Still, that was one clumsy intro the way the bit about Miles being her older lame older brother was crammed into about a three second line.
-She does love her pink, though, doesn't she?
-I guess maybe this happen after Drew roped all those girls into the Student Council, but I would have liked to have seen a little bit of Zoe going from being so alone and isolated to seemingly having a little group of friends there. It probably wouldn't have been a bad way to introduce Frankie.
-Watching Zoe knock on the Torres' back door, I couldn't help but wonder just how many girls have done that before between Drew, Dallas and even Adam? 35? 40? 76?
-So...I won't say I'm going to start an anti-Miles thread, but I will mention that I'd probably mention that I'd post in one if it was started.
-11 episodes (and promos for a 12th) in and Winston appears to be little more than a one note let's laugh at how socially awkward he is punch line. Make that change, writers. Make that change.
- Zig! And damn if his introduction to Zoe ("you were mean on that show") wasn't better than any of the others. I did have to laugh at Zig now being the guy to go to when you want to "get things."
-But, on the other hand, as a Zig/Maya shipper, it was hard to watch that little awkward wave at the dance. Sigh.
-I liked the little Maya/Zoe scene, and loved Maya's reference to the Drew/Katie relationship. I wish this little rivalry had ended there, but I guess that's enough drama.
-Zoe reminds me of what they were doing with Holly J circa Season 8, where she take one step forward in the human interaction only to sabotage it and take two steps back.
-So where were those two cops or even a chaperon to intervene when Drew did his little cannonball into the wall?
-Speaking of adults, this story line really does need a dose of Audra Torres, pardon the pun.
-And finally, the Drew/Clare stuff. I certainly loved every minute of that, and that they're bonding over a shared loss in Adam feels totally natural. I'll head to their thread to talk more about them.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought this episode was alright. I don't like zoe much and I don't really care for the newbies. I don't like zoe/drew and I like the drew/clare friendship, but that's it. I'm glad bianca was mentioned. It was nice to see alli/jenna/clare. love those scenes. I hope drew is off drugs by the end of the fall block. He doesn't know what he's doing or saying. don't like the looks of clare in the promo.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Normally I do a three paragraph review/thought, but naaaah. This episode wasn't bad, I actually quite liked it but it pretty much unfolded the way I expected to. Degrassi continues to do bad at comedic moments (expect for the more subtle stuff like Becky's "joke" line), The Clew is coming, Zoe is more 3D, awkward introduction to Miles's sister, blah.

I did like how Leo charmed his way with Alli's friends. So glad they're doing this abuse storyline and doing a slow burn with it. Leo is perfectly charming and nice when he wants to be, so I think when he does hit Alli, Alli will find some way to justify it.

Also Zig! I'm glad they did address Maya moving on with him despite his feelings.

Oh and "You two, just have sex already!" LOL.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm a bit worried about where this show is heading... the writers just seem really confused, unsure, and inconsistent based on what Season 13 has offered us so far.

I'm not opposed to Miles having a sister, but that was just a TERRIBLE introduction. I didn't even realize she was his sister until the second time I watched the episode haha. Has she even been mentioned before now? Whatever, I just hope they give the character something to do.

I too enjoyed the Alli/Clare/Jenna stuff. Their friendship has a great balance of different personalities! That's really one of the only things that caught my attention about the Alli/Leo plot haha. I had to laugh when even Connor was giving Leo the cold shoulder! And maybe it's just me, but Alli seemed a little TOO excited when she heard Drew was getting naked. She pretty much pushed her way to the front to get a glimpse haha.

Zig... I'm really loving where they seem to be heading with his character. At first, I was a bit thrown off by him selling drugs, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Not only is he struggling financially, but he's struggling with plenty of other personal problems (Miles/Maya, probably still thinks about what he said to Cam every now and then) and I can see why he might turn in a bad direction. Was the awkward wave at the dance supposed to be the first time Zig found out about Maya and Miles? I really wish that had been executed better. More than anything, I just wish they could have forgotten about the Alli/Leo crap just ONCE over the summer and given Zig a storyline that would have explained some of this development better. But what can ya do? I just hope we get something from Zigs point of view soon.

I'm enjoying Drew's story, as it sort of hits close to home with me. I like how he and Clare are slowly starting to become closer. I found it a bit odd that he envisioned Clare in front of him at the dance... I almost think it would have been better if he saw Adam. Maybe Clare's been on his mind more than we think? But either way, the plots going well. Drew is undeniably lost and you can't help but want to see him find his way.
TRWP991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

i liked the episode a lot. i actually really like zoe, theres something about her. her scene with zig in the beginning was hilarious!

i loved that we saw zig again, but i did think it was random how he was introduced. like we havent seen/heard of him in a while and hes suddenly back and totally different. it was weird. i do like that hes still pining for maya though.

maya was sweet to zoe, its unfortunate that zoe is gonna try to do something to her... i wonder if zig will tell maya what he knows.

becky's "nobody gets my jokes" line was really cute.

AND I LOVE DALLAS. he is adorable. i loved the ali/dallas scene.

anddd i may be in the minority but i love drew and clare!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread