Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1235/1236 Discussion- Karma Police- 3/15 & 3/22 on Much Music & TeenNick

Important -

Everyone here is well aware of the episodes leaking. Please be advised that no matter when the episode becomes available in other outlets, until it actually first airs on television, it's against rules to openly discuss the details of the episode in any form here or anywhere else on this board. Please remember, that the main reason for this rule is for the consideration of other posters who either can't or choose not to view the leaked episodes prior to the 9:00 PM ET airing on Much/TeenNick. For further details on the spoilers rules here at and how they apply to this board specifically, please visit our spoilers policy thread.

This is what you get
This is what you get
This is what you get when you mess with us

1235/1236- Karma Police, part 1 (March 15th) and part 2 (March 22nd) on MuchMusic and TeenNick, 9:00 PM ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Much Music
Alli and Dallas' first date is interrupted by a girl from Dallas' past, Owen and Adam decide to write a sitcom pilot, someone attacks Fiona in her apartment, and Zig deals with guilt over Cam's death.

Fiona- 50
Dallas- 29
Imogen- 21
Alli- 18
Drew- 16
Zig- 13
Madame Jean-Aux- 12
Damon- 8

Fiona- 49
Dallas- 24
Imogen- 18
Zig- 17
Alli- 13
Damon- 11
Drew- 10
Range Officer- 9

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar

Last edited by JustMe2000; 07-11-2013 at 06:14 PM
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFNT! I cant wait for the Dallas and Fiona plot.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

And it starts!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow what an ep. I was so scared for fiona. I can not believe Dallas has a kid.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Superb job of acting by Clark who both conveys loneliness (no family or roommates at such a young age), the horror of the being confronted with her mortality, and devastation. Fiona and Imogen may have the 2nd most natural romantic chemistry on the show. Only Adam and Becky are stronger. Which reminds me. Where the heck is Adam?

Dallas's scenes are okay but he seems to have become the latest jerk who turns out to have a good heart fantasy that Degrassi revels in when it comes to many of it's male characters. Enough Degrassi. Enough. In real life, most teens that are jerks turn out to be adults that are jerks. They don't all of a sudden have these transformation. Here's an idea. How about showing some complexity to begin with. Instead of introducing a character like Owen or now Dallas as a bigtime jerk - how about showing them as complex from the very beginning. So why does the show pulls this crap. Well it is simple. They are pandering to that group of the audience that gets off on bad boys who just need a woman to show what is inside. By playing to such simplistic notions, the show ends up with these A to Z arcs that seem inorganic. Joyette is still very good.
Inesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Extreme Fan

A Plot. Another revisiting of the "Fiona is lonely" thing. She's gotten better, but these things just can't go away overnight. It makes total sense that she would find solace in her twitter followers who do pay attention to her. Scary moment in the end there, and I'm glad the guy didn't hurt her. It was heavy-handed, but I do think the target audience does need to be aware of the dangers of giving out too much info on social networks. Nothing else to add except I liked Fiona's scenes with Dave and Fiona's wearing a rainbow bracelet!

B Plot. I liked it, not too much to say right now since it's set-up. TeenNick already gave it away earlier this year. Dallas is a very strong character with a strong actor, glad he had a good backstory.

C Plot. Again, more set-up. My favorite scene was the beginning with Zig ripping Tori for crying. I had this reaction at my school when some poor basketball player died and everyone was crying and I kept it in but I was secretly like SMH. I suppose that's a normal reaction, especially with Zig's guilt.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't even care about anything that happened in this episode because I'm more excited about Zoo Be Zoo Be Zoo next week. Being a fan of both Degrassi and Mad Men finally paid off!

PS - Seriously I'm supposed to believe that Zig was always in French class with Maya, Tori, and Tristan? How come we NEVER saw him there before?
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:23 AM
New Fan

It is a new semester, say two teachers teach French (as I had 2-3 that taught Spanish at my HS), and he decided to switch teachers for the new semester.

Or maybe he was there before and I just don't remember either.

And for the poster that referenced mad men. I've never watched it so I have no idea, what are they referencing there? Can you explain it?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFactor (View Post)
It is a new semester, say two teachers teach French (as I had 2-3 that taught Spanish at my HS), and he decided to switch teachers for the new semester.

Or maybe he was there before and I just don't remember either.

And for the poster that referenced mad men. I've never watched it so I have no idea, what are they referencing there? Can you explain it?
They were referring to a scene in Mad Men's latest season when Megan Draper (Jessica Pare) sings "Zou Bisou Bisou" at a house party.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:44 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesal (View Post)
They were referring to a scene in Mad Men's latest season when Megan Draper (Jessica Pare) sings "Zou Bisou Bisou" at a house party.
Because everybody needs to see this scene at least once in their lives:
Pivitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:05 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Dallas's scenes are okay but he seems to have become the latest jerk who turns out to have a good heart fantasy that Degrassi revels in when it comes to many of it's male characters. Enough Degrassi. Enough. In real life, most teens that are jerks turn out to be adults that are jerks. They don't all of a sudden have these transformation. Here's an idea. How about showing some complexity to begin with. Instead of introducing a character like Owen or now Dallas as a bigtime jerk - how about showing them as complex from the very beginning. So why does the show pulls this crap. Well it is simple. They are pandering to that group of the audience that gets off on bad boys who just need a woman to show what is inside. By playing to such simplistic notions, the show ends up with these A to Z arcs that seem inorganic. Joyette is still very good.
I agree with this except that Dallas was never as bad a guy as Owen, Peter, Johnny, Jay or Eli. Dallas was introduced with some complexity - he could be a jerk and friendly too. I was so excited that he wasn't completely good or bad. Guys like that, who are jerky and a bit immature but can be nice, actually can grow out of that behavior - unlike the Owen's and, sorry, Eli's of the world.

However change takes hard work and it really annoys me that we didn't see ANY of Dallas' therapy sessions, him working on his anger issues and guilt about Cam. This guy was about to jump off a roof 2 weeks ago and now he's all good!? We sat through a full hour of Eli doing E, Clare nagging, Katie being boring and Conner/Jenna space dates but no word on Dallas' progress? Not even a drop-in? It's sad because Joyette IS good and now Dallas' recovery is being glossed over for his relationship with Alli or whatever. The writers are terrible at "redemption" plots. So much more could've been done here...

Zig - At least Zig is acting out along side Jay 2.0 (not nearly as cool as Jay 1.0). It seemed like that plot quickly turned away from Zig's guilt and towards him impressing the French teacher. I hope Zig fully commits to Zou Bisou in part 2! Leg pop and everything.

Fiona - Sorry. I don't even care anymore. Love the actress but it's time Fiona gtfo.

This was just a set-up so not much else to say other than it was much better the RoL. Man, RoL was baaaaaaad.
rumspringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumspringa (View Post)
I agree with this except that Dallas was never as bad a guy as Owen, Peter, Johnny, Jay or Eli. Dallas was introduced with some complexity - he could be a jerk and friendly too. I was so excited that he wasn't completely good or bad. Guys like that, who are jerky and a bit immature but can be nice, actually can grow out of that behavior - unlike the Owen's and, sorry, Eli's of the world.

However change takes hard work and it really annoys me that we didn't see ANY of Dallas' therapy sessions, him working on his anger issues and guilt about Cam. This guy was about to jump off a roof 2 weeks ago and now he's all good!? We sat through a full hour of Eli doing E, Clare nagging, Katie being boring and Conner/Jenna space dates but no word on Dallas' progress? Not even a drop-in? It's sad because Joyette IS good and now Dallas' recovery is being glossed over for his relationship with Alli or whatever. The writers are terrible at "redemption" plots. So much more could've been done here...

Zig - At least Zig is acting out along side Jay 2.0 (not nearly as cool as Jay 1.0). It seemed like that plot quickly turned away from Zig's guilt and towards him impressing the French teacher. I hope Zig fully commits to Zou Bisou in part 2! Leg pop and everything.

Fiona - Sorry. I don't even care anymore. Love the actress but it's time Fiona gtfo.

This was just a set-up so not much else to say other than it was much better the RoL. Man, RoL was baaaaaaad.
Yeah, it's disappointing we haven't really seen anyone who was close to Cam working through their issues yet, only Zig and Eli, whom were both largely unrelated to him. I'd much prefer to see Dallas coping with his guilt and despair over Cam's suicide compared to him dating Alli and getting into a father plot, though I guess my expectations are a little dark for this show.

I liked the Zig plot. Seems like he's trading aggressive behavior for relying on the French teacher in order to cope with what he said to Cam. I think it'd be neat if it turns out to be a plot about Zig becoming obsessed with relying on the teacher, maybe something like what happened with Darcy and Snake?

Fiona's was eh. The scene where she's attacked was good, though. She was portrayed rather stupidly though; she shares tons of information to a bunch of strangers, including a tweet by tweet location update, and apparently stays at her condo after some guy she knows nothing about breaks in and steals stuff. She doesn't even know if the door was locked or how he got in, the guy could be a stalker and just waltz back in during the middle of the night.

Last edited by Sibs; 03-17-2013 at 06:33 PM
Sibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

The last thing I want is for Fiona to be off the show. I know it is coming (senior year) but there are so few queer characters on television and the loss of Fiona/Imogen will make a significant impact on that representation. The loss of Adam (after his senior year) will also have a big impact. Then it is down to just Tristan. Shamefully, the show got 5 9ers and then has spent most of it on the detestable (and horribly acted and written) Zig and the incredibly dull Maya. They killed off the most intriguing of the 9ers Cam for the sake of apparently gaining sympathy for bad boy Dallas and sociopath Zig* (don't forget to give Eli more screentime ), Tori seems to be there solely to react off of Zig or Maya, and the show has not made anywhere near enough use of Tristan.

The show's best aspect has been it's handling of queer storylines. I do wish we would see more of Fiona and Imogen's romance instead of a focus on a not to tweet too much information PSA.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 PM
New Fan

Quote:
The last thing I want is for Fiona to be off the show. I know it is coming (senior year) but there are so few queer characters on television and the loss of Fiona/Imogen will make a significant impact on that representation. The loss of Adam (after his senior year) will also have a big impact. Then it is down to just Tristan. Shamefully, the show got 5 9ers and then has spent most of it on the detestable (and horribly acted and written) Zig and the incredibly dull Maya. They killed off the most intriguing of the 9ers Cam for the sake of apparently gaining sympathy for bad boy Dallas and sociopath Zig* (don't forget to give Eli more screentime ), Tori seems to be there solely to react off of Zig or Maya, and the show has not made anywhere near enough use of Tristan.

The show's best aspect has been it's handling of queer storylines. I do wish we would see more of Fiona and Imogen's romance instead of a focus on a not to tweet too much information PSA.
I feel the opposite way. I love Fiona (one of my favorite characters ever), but she's been just there this whole season and it's a pity as she was handled brilliantly in seasons 10 & 11, for the most part.

The niners all have great potential. Maya is a simple character, who will be affected greatly by Cam' suicide eventually. She doesn't set the world on fire, but I wouldn't classify her as boring. Tori hasn't been given much to sink her teeth into, but she has natural charisma. Tristan is awesome. Cam is a sophomore by the way. Eh, I feel like Zig will be a Jenna where he improves his acting as time goes on. Besides, they could always add other homosexual characters for Season 13.
Jhonmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

The shame about the loss of Fiona after this season is the character is one of the stronger written and acted characters. She is vital as a break from the nonstop teen boy worship the show revels in. And her journey from rich brat to a person recognizing belief in oneself has been one of the finest in the show. That along with Fiona and Imogen being one of the few couples on the show with chemistry means the loss will be sad particularly since Degrassi has not shown any ability to fill in her character.

The show also seems to not be showing any Adam this year and of course Tristan is being kicked far to the back.

So tonight's A story works at a far higher level than the others. The B and C stories are stinkers that continue pushing the greatest of Degrassi's flaws - the introduction of a thoughtless, repugnant but handsome male teen who is becomes a misunderstood boy with a sensitive heart.

Bad storytelling, horrible dialogue and an atrocious performance by Hoyos sink the Zig story. But to be fair, a character and a storyline like that are designed to get awwww's and not much else. Zig's speech for forgiveness never felt organic and was more the height of writer's room pandering. The only good point in the Dallas storyline is that in that case the actor has some acting ability.

My hope is that another actor replaces Hoyos or the character leaves the show. Right now, I feel insulted every time he is on screen. He is another US Skins Tony. Combine him with the utterly bland Maya and it is hard to watch. Lose them and keep Tristan and Tori.

Last edited by Inesal; 03-22-2013 at 07:07 PM
Reply   Post New Thread