Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1223/1224 Discussion - Doll Parts - 10/26 & 11/2 (MuchMusic & TeenNick)

Important -

Everyone here is well aware of the episodes leaking. Please be advised that no matter when the episode becomes available in other outlets, until it actually first airs on television, it's against rules to openly discuss the details of the episode in any form here or anywhere else on this board. Please remember, that the main reason for this rule is for the consideration of other posters who either can't or choose not to view the leaked episodes prior to the 9:00 PM ET airing on Much/TeenNick. For further details on the spoilers rules here at and how they apply to this board specifically, please visit our spoilers policy thread.

1223 - Doll Parts, part 1, October 26, 9 PM ET on MuchMusic and TeenNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuchMusic
Maya is not feeling very good about herself, so she allows Tori to give her a pageant-style makeover. Marisol suspects Mo of hiding something from her, and fears the worst. Is he in trouble? Meanwhile, Adam tries out for the boys volleyball team.
1224 - Doll Parts, part 2, November 2, 9 PM ET on MuchMusic and TeenNick

Congratulations on your 300th episode milestone Degrassi!

Last edited by JustMe2000; 10-26-2012 at 02:04 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Extreme Fan

A-Plot. People keep suggesting Cam is gay, but I think that guy is just hyper-focused on one thing and too intense for Maya. Also Cam probably doesn't want to completely commit because he may just move away soon so yeah. But Maya's issues really broke my heart, because even though I'm a guy I can relate to being a late bloomer. So yeah, it was understandable that she would try to be sexy and change her look.

And Maya and Zig have a bit of chemistry there. I think this love triangle might last more than one season actually.

B-Plot. Good on the writers for this one. Instead of focusing on Adam's transgender status with sports, it made it about him and Audra. It was briefly brought up, but the crux was Audra feeling like she couldn't protect her sons. The moments she and Adam shared were pretty touching. I wonder why Drew didn't tell Adam he was marrying Bianca though.

Oh the Dallas/Adam scenes were ace, and he sees Adam as a boy, yay for him.

C-Plot. If Mo doesn't have diabetes, I'll eat my hat. It's not an embarrassing condition, but I have it and I'm kinda hesitant to let other people know about it, so it's understandable. Next week's confrontation should be cringe-inducing....oh and nice Katie/Marisol scenes.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:00 PM
New Fan

Let's just keep Katie off in her own little corner of the school hanging out with Jake and Marisol, because she's just so much more likable when she's with characters she actually liked instead of making things rough for everyone else. I'm surprised by how much I liked her tonight.

I figured out Mo had diabetes pretty quickly and felt pretty smart, but that feeling went away by the end of the episode when the show pretty much made it as explicit as they could without saying it. I like this plot a lot. I was just talking with someone on Tumblr about how Degrassi hasn't had someone managing a long-term illness since Caitlin's epilepsy in Degrassi Junior High, and this plot was thoroughly needed, not to mention the fact that I love Moisol and love seeing them get some attention. I was disappointed they didn't get a plot in Season 12 Part 1 so yay! for them getting a plot.

I loved the Adam plot. Adam's such a good kid and seeing him factor into the Drew/Audra plot was really, really necessary. (And can I just reiterate how much I love Audra? It's funny how she's a more developed character than half the kids on the show). Dallas is charismatic as always and it's nice to see how neither Dallas nor Armstrong are giving Adam any problems when it comes to sports. It was nice seeing Connor and his snarky comments as well

But why couldn't Adam ask his father to sign the permission slip?

As for the A-Plot, I loved it. We see Maya's A-Cup angst from the Season 12 premiere continued, and get to see the downside of dating Campbell.

It's funny you mentioned Cam being gay, MegaJ, since the show toyed with the possibility of hooking him and Tristan up when Cam first joined the cast and since there seem to be a lot of hints towards it, but I don't think he is either, and this is coming from someone who would love that plot even if it's a little too close to what they already did with Riley. It's just a gut feeling, but he seems too genuinely into Maya, and not just to please the Hockey Team. But gay or not, Cam is a very withdrawn kid with some definite emotional issues, and I don't know if Maya is going to get the attention she wants from him. I don't think this break-up is going to be permanent, and I actually really want to see them get back together and try to work out some of their issues. Maya is good for Cam but I want to see Cam be good for Maya too.

(A part of me hates the love triangle because I love Maya and Cam together and I really love Tori and Zig together, but Maya and Zig have a lot of chemistry together too and now I'm conflicted. I wouldn't mind the four of them just being together in some big polygamous relationship.

And is it me, or is Ricardo Hoyos becoming a much better actor?)

But I feel so bad for Maya. I think someone on Tumblr pointed out that Maya probably doesn't get a lot of attention at home to begin with, especially with Katie's recent issues, and then to not get any from her boyfriend too...throwing herself at Cam wasn't the answer but can really understand why she did it.

I really, really enjoyed this episode. Can't wait until next week!

Last edited by Pivitor; 10-26-2012 at 11:06 PM
Pivitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivitor (View Post)
But why couldn't Adam ask his father to sign the permission slip?
Because he's off visiting the island. Or maybe Audra has him locked up in a dungeon somewhere. We should all speculate what he's been up to since the show has rendered him a complete non-entity in his kids' lives.

Not that they've had any major issues happen in recent years.

Speaking of permission slips, wouldn't Maya need one of her parents to sign off on her entering that pageant? I can't help but that would bring complications within her household, but I guess there wasn't room for that in this plot.

I did love Katie's reaction to her makeover, and Maya's reaction right back at her.

Maya not feeling grown up enough and appreciated is something that's been a consistent theme, so it certainly felt organic in this situation.

Breaking up over the phone? Ouch.

Zig and Maya have a great chemistry together (better than either Zig/Tori or Cam/Maya, imo), which definitely complicates my feelings towards the inevitable love triangle/square. Sigh.

Loved the interaction with Dallas and Adam, as well as the little moment with them and Audra. Also appreciated the references to the plots from last week.

Connor! Always good to see you. You too, Armstrong. I hope you stick around for as long as the show airs.

Being a fan of the two couples and two friendships involved, I very much enjoyed the Jake/Katie and Mo/Marisol moments.

I had to laugh at Katie liking filling out forms. That is definitely Katie.

And of course we get another instance someone snooping through an unattended bag.

As for what's going on with Mo? I'm wondering if Jake knows? That seems like the type of thing you might tell a friend before a girlfriend.

One thing I forgot to mention in the last thread was how isolated those three plots felt. It seemed as if each existed in their own little worlds that had nothing to do with the other plots. This week did a very nice job of connecting the plots. Well done, Shelley.

Maya- 63
Adam- 31
Marisol- 27
Tori- 27
Zig- 24
Katie- 21
Mo- 19
Dallas- 14
Cam- 14
Audra Torres- 14
Ben Mulroney- 8

Maya- 65
Marisol- 29
Zig- 23
Mo- 21
Tori- 20
Adam- 18
Katie- 17
Cam- 9
Jake- 9
Audra Torres- 9

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar

Last edited by JustMe2000; 07-11-2013 at 05:52 PM
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A plot: Campbell I felt was such a jerk to Maya.
Bplot I love marimo together.
Cplot I loved Adam and Dalla's friendship.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Addicted Fan

This is one of the episodes where I wish I could immediately watch part 2! It kept my interest the entire time.

There is still so much to explore with Cam... I really think this comes down to his social anxiety. It completely consumes him and he drives people away without meaning to. I don't blame Maya at all for breaking up with him; it seemed inevitable. (I don't think the breakup will stick, of course.) Also, Zig/Maya have a LOT of chemistry! I won't even care if this turns into another love triangle.

I enjoy any plot involving Mo/Marisol, but it seems almost too obvious that Mo has diabetes. At the very least, it's incredibly obvious that he's not using drugs! I hope Degrassi didn't mean to keep us guessing until next week because there's not a lot to wonder about.

I don't have a lot to say about the Adam plot but I liked it. Also, I was very happy to see Dallas again.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:27 AM
New Fan

I really like Mo and Marisol's relationship. Katie and Jake were really enjoyable as well. Is filling in forms a thing girlfriends do? That's lovely, I have to find someone like that. I like how by trying not to be a crazy clingy girlfriend she actually becomes a crazy clingy girlfriend. At least she resolved to talk to/confront him about it at the end of the episode.

Mo basically said he didn't want to sexualise someone as young as Maya and it's a shame she didn't really understand and took it on a more personal level. She's like 14 right? I also find it somewhat funny that Imogen will be singing that song since her character doesn't actually give off the 'lust after' vibe either. I'd be happy to be wrong and I do hope the song is featured in the band lineup.
I don't know how to feel the Maya storyline. I find it really interesting and enjoyable but I'm just so scared at where it's heading. Poor Maya and poor Cam. I guess being young and inexperienced with relationships is showing a great deal with these two. They just needed to communicate. Tori and Zig were very sweet to Maya. I am really enjoying the friendship. I do like Zig and Tori together but I wouldn't be too terrible sad if they broke up. I actually don't mind Zig and Maya together. I'm just dreading the possible friendships being ruined. Tori has been a really amazing friend to Maya so far.
It's funny how Zig is seen as the perfect boyfriend. I remember he was quite a terrible one in the beginning. Loved how his character has progressed. I didn't like him when he was first introduced but he has won me over.

Absolutely loved the Adam plot. Adam is such a good son. I really felt for Audra. Dallas is so damn likeable and I agree, he has an amazingly deep voice. I also loved seeing the boys work out together. Dallas seems to be taking over a big brother role now that Drew is gone. It's a shame that it feels like Drew threw away Adam as well as his mother. I mean, he didn't even bother telling him they're getting married. I hope Audra can see Adam play and not be too worried about him. That's the best case scenario I guess.

Last edited by quorvo; 10-27-2012 at 10:35 AM
quorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Another good line: "Mo doesn't seem like the type to do drugs." "You didn't seem like the type either." Or something like that.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Extreme Fan

A-Plot: Yay, Maya came to her senses in the end. I could've done without the instant Camaya reunion, but it'll lead somewhere good. Though I don't blame her for being angry at Tori, that was some pretty insensitive crap Tori told her, just because she was jealous. And Zig...I get the feeling he was already kinda bored with dating her, especially since he broke up with her at the start of the season. He has a lot more in common with Maya, especially with them being in the band.

B-Plot. More great stuff with Audra and Adam and I'm so glad to see that Audra has finally come around to Adam's transition. And of course, since this is Degrassi, Adam has to get hurt and immediately caught after he forges his mother's signature. But it lead to said touching moment so I'm okay.

C-Plot. So we're not going to go into Marisol snooping through Mo's stuff? Okay then.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Tori has been a really amazing friend to Maya so far.
i disagree with that,
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 PM
New Fan

^That was in part 1 though and she was in terms of helping her and being quite supportive of her. In part 2 she obviously changes her tune.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:31 PM
New Fan

I know the Degrassi writers say they don't play the long-term game (they say they rarely plan beyond the current season they're working on), but this Maya/Tori/Zig stuff was obviously planned from their very first appearance, which makes me curious as to where they plan to take it.

I think Zig's an interesting character. It's a shame he doesn't seem to have much fidelity because, in a lot of ways, he seems to be quite a catch--charming, affectionate, supportive...he's shown a lot of good qualities in both his interactions with Tori and with Maya and it's really a shame that he can switch his affections between the two without batting an eyelid or seeing anything wrong with it. It seems very much like the kind of thing a 15 year old kid would do and I don't know the character well enough to know if this is something he'll grow out of or not, but he needs a serious wake-up call, and unfortunately I don't know if he'll be listening to one anytime soon. I'm not sure whether Zig is just clueless or what, but obviously he's in the wrong.

I don't know if I have the energy to delve into the rest of this plot right now or not, but I enjoyed it a lot even if I'm scared of where it's going to go. I still feel for Cam--being affectionate doesn't come easy for him, and I've been in his shoes of having to have things spelled out for me that should be common knowledge to anyone else. Katie's interactions with Maya were pretty fascinating; I loved seeing her be supportive at first, and while I don't know what to make of her tearing into Maya later, I think the advice was good even if poorly worded (and even if Katie was obviously taking out her frustrations over Bianca and Drew on Maya; it's still obvious Katie doesn't want Maya to make the same mistakes she did).

Tori's apology speech to Maya was really really sweet, but was I the only one bothered about the fact that Maya is now Tori's best friend? I'm glad they're friends, especially that they're good friends, but I liked that the two weren't immediate friends and I liked that Tristan was first and foremost in Tori's life. Tristan's been Tori's best friend for most of their lives; I wonder how he felt hearing that speech?

As for Mo and Marisol, the plot was a little predictable but I still enjoyed it. The two are about the only ones who take each other seriously and it was cool to see that acknowledged on screen as a part of why they like each other. Also, Jake and Mo were once again great sources of humor in this episode: They're the best. More, please.

The Adam plot was something special. I thought it was pretty much perfect in every way. I'm in love with him and Audra; it was good to see Adam and Eli hanging out too and Eli's short scene was great. Let's get more plots like this, please, Degrassi.
Pivitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

TeenNick didn't air part 1 with 2 tonight and I was planning on watching them back to back. Sigh. They are showing Degrassi less and less.

Just replying to some thoughts on the a-plot:

Quote:
I'm not sure whether Zig is just clueless or what, but obviously he's in the wrong.
I'd say he knows he is into Maya but it is a gamble and he doesn't know if she's into him so he is going to keep things as smooth as possible with Tori in case if things don't work out. He's got a bit of a dodge trouble while making it way of long term planning, something teens aren't so good at. It was interesting how his main concern at the end of the episode was that Maya was back with Cam, not that he would get busted by the girlfriend. Maya seemed unsure herself of the kiss not meaning anything. This isn't over with yet.

Quote:
Katie's interactions with Maya were pretty fascinating; I loved seeing her be supportive at first, and while I don't know what to make of her tearing into Maya later, I think the advice was good even if poorly worded (and even if Katie was obviously taking out her frustrations over Bianca and Drew on Maya; it's still obvious Katie doesn't want Maya to make the same mistakes she did).
I don't have a big or little sister but this is how I would imagine their relationship would be at times. Aside from the bitterness over her ex and Bianca, I think it would be typical for the big sis to really drive the point home, possibly being harsh about it. Seems like Katie is struggling to see Maya grow up. She was super protective when Maya went on her date with Cam so it was probably a huge shock to see her kiss her friend's boyfriend while she was dolled up and looking grown up in her pageant outfits. It was probably an "oh God, now it starts for her and I have no control over protecting her from the angst of high school."

Quote:
Tori's apology speech to Maya was really really sweet, but was I the only one bothered about the fact that Maya is now Tori's best friend?
Yeah, that bothered me too. I think they have an interesting and fresh friendship since it was based on a rivalry of sorts. I think of them as the type of frenemy girls have when they are that young; neither have distinct malicious intentions but at the same time view each other as competition. I hope it doesn't go into total catfight mode that the show is known for because I enjoy the subtlety right now. It feels familiar.

I wonder if the playing up of the "best friend" stuff was in order to build up intensity and consequences for Maya and Zig. There's more betrayal with it being a best friend and not a member of your social group. I wonder if the focus will continue to be on Maya's guilt/loss of a friend when/if the kiss/Zig's feelings are discovered. I don't know...this is the first love triangle/square I've actually been excited for on this show. I like all the pairings and characters. I hope we see a "side" of the story for each of them.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:14 AM
New Fan

I really like Tori and Maya together despite the looming trouble I feel that's ahead for them. I think initially the friendship was one of those catty rivalry kind but I legitimately think that Tori and Maya are become better friends. The pageant answers gave a lot of insight into their friendship. Tori's one is pretty much what she said, she says things without thinking but Maya confronts her about it and now she's learning to be less of a bitch and think about others. Maya pretty much learnt that she's not really above all the bitchiness she thought all girls like Tori were about and that she tends to misunderstand people and is somewhat selfish. Anyway I like that both girls didn't actually lose their friendship over it. I think the best friend card gets thrown around a lot in Degrassi in general. I understand why Tori would say Maya is her best friend though. Obviously Tristian is her best friend but I think Tori never really had a really close female friend so Maya is essentially her female bff while Tristian is her male bff.
I also liked how they addressed Tori's insecurities. It probably hurt that she's been working her whole life to be in pageants and Maya, who thinks they're stupid comes in and gets into the top 10. What she said was still terrible but I understand where she's coming from.
I thought Zig had no right to ask Maya why she's back with Cam seeing as how he's still with Tori. Zig is the only one to me who comes out still looking terrible by the end of the episode.
I liked the acoustic version of the song better than this rock-ish one.

Moe and Marisol were cute. She's stupid because she cares. I feel bad for the Marisol character because she tends to get hated on a lot. Sometimes it's warranted (like pretty much anything to do with Imogen) and sometimes it's not (like this situation). I mean, obviously Mo has a right to keep his health issues to himself but I could see how Marisol would feel upset by it. The bracelet thing was really sweet.

Adam's story was lovely. Audra and Adam were great together. Poor Audra sounds so defeated these days. She's really suffering after losing Drew. Good thing Adam is such a great son. The way the ball just hits Adam's face was laughable though.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I forgot to mention that I was surprised that Tori didn't catch the Maya and Zig kiss. That moment was included in a promo and I was certain that the girl with the dark hair was her. Nice that it was Katie...was not expecting that. I'm still convinced that Tori is going to find out however, possibly if Zig continues to show interest in Maya. I wonder if they will break up due to Tori being insecure and Zig lets her legitimate fears be the reason. She's going to be ticked off if she finds out the truth. There's so many ways this could play out. I'm just hoping that it is dragged out for quite awhile.

Also was surprised that neither girl won the pageant. I have to admit that I was rooting for Maya. I'm still happy with the outcome though for the most part. I'm only iffy on her heading over to Cam's and declaring that pageants are stupid. But I suppose that is her way of trying to overcome her mistake and reject the idea of becoming catty over a guy the way that girls can be.