Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1142/1143 Discussion - Hollaback Girl - 4/27 & 5/4 (MuchMusic & TeenNick)

Important -

Everyone here is well aware of the episodes leaking. Please be advised that no matter when the episode becomes available in other outlets, until it actually first airs on television, it's against rules to openly discuss the details of the episode in any form here or anywhere else on this board. Please remember, that the main reason for this rule is for the consideration of other posters who either can't or choose not to view the leaked episodes prior to the 9:00 PM ET airing on Much/TeenNick. For further details on the spoilers rules here at and how they apply to this board specifically, please visit our spoilers policy thread.

1142/1143 - Hollaback Girl, part 1 & 2, Friday April 27 and Friday May 4 at 9 PM EST on MuchMusic and TeenNick

Part 1 synopsis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenNick
With the unfortunately named Vince in jail, Bianca is working hard to get a fresh start, but does she have what it takes to be friends with Katie? When Marisol's insults become harsher than ever, Mo's self-esteem reaches an all time low. Tristan and Maya bond while working on a history project, and Tori tries to sabotage their new friendship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN
Bianca's plan of making a fresh start is threatened by a new friend.

Part 2 synopsis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN
Drew vacillates about his relationship with Katie; Alli gets Dave into an embarrassing situation

Last edited by kaleidocat; 04-27-2012 at 08:08 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Extreme Fan

This ish is bananas. Had to say it.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Passionate Fan

I think there's a mistake in the synopsis. The bit about Tristan and Maya probably isn't going to happen until the finale, and don't Dave and Alli have a plot tonight?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, I think there is too. TeenNick had that write-up on their site, but the moment I saw it I figured they jumped the gun as the promos and the galleries hint at another Alli/Dave plot.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I see someone has hijacked the OP. I almost wanted to give you this week's episode thread to see what you did with it. That damn Hollaback Girl song has been in my head all day. The next 2 weeks are going to be hell. I've already debated putting Pocketful of Sunshine on. That's how desperate I am.

Haven't watched yet. Thinking I'll watch the encore, even though I have the episode recorded. This way I can enjoy the TeenNick commercial programming. Education connection! For free!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Decent.

A Plot. Okay, now I'm starting to not like Katie.

She has a problem, but she basically used Bianca just to get drugs. This stems all the way back from Underneath It All/Can't Tell Me Nothing that she doesn't let other people's feelings get in the way of what she wants. No wonder Bianca was angry, in the between the Oxy high, her true feelings were slipping out towards her. Bianca, however was alright in this episode. I wish we got more of a glimpse into her life instead of this love triangle, but I liked the decent snippets we got (lives with Aunt) and I wanted to see more probation stuff. The triangle...enh. It's a decent one I guess, but I don't really care who Drew chooses.

And I liked Snake's "she seems friendly" snark at the case worker.

B Plot. Damn, Alli just can't leave stuff alone, can she? Though this is a trickier situation: She should let Dave deal with it alone, but she was right to warn him about visiting her after looking at Facerange, which I guess she can post on again, remember when she was banned in season 8? Looking forward to where this goes.

C Plot. Mainly setup with Marsiol/Mo. I wonder what's Marisol's deal.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't like this episode much. I was looking forward to seeing an A plot with Bianca but am disappointed it revolved around Katie and Drew's stuff. The other 2 plots were forgettable.
myusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the Katie/Drew and the Alli/Dave in this!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Passionate Fan

A Plot

At long last, we have a Bianca-centric plot. We’re finally seeing an episode from HER perspective, and I am so happy that she’s trying to turn her life around. She’s changed a lot since season 10, and for the better. Despite these changes, she’s still very Bianca; it’s not as if she’s a completely different, unrecognizable character, and we saw this in the very beginning when she was filing her nails for no other purpose than to get under Katie’s skin. It’s really sad how every time she lets her guard down, she gets screwed over, and Katie is REALLY screwing her over. She’s trying really hard to stay on the straight and narrow path, but Katie just wanted to use her to score some drugs, and that’s all Katie wanted from her. She didn’t care about Bianca’s feelings and didn’t care about her warnings.

I’m glad that they haven’t dropped Katie’s drug addiction storyline, and that it’s lasted longer than an episode. But I still want to smack her and I’m surprised that all Bianca did was spray her with water. Also, she brought her home. She doesn’t even LIKE Katie, and has no reason to, and yet she made sure she got home safely. Seriously, if I wanted any Degrassi character on my side, I’d pick Bianca in a heartbeat. She also told Maya, who’s already aware of Katie’s Codeine dependence-turned-addiction, so it’ll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Another thing I loved was that Bianca pushed Drew away. She ended the kiss because she knew it was wrong, even though it’s very obvious that she still has feelings for him. Kudos to Bianca for doing the right thing.

The only problem I have with this plot was Drew and the supposed “problems” that he and Katie suddenly have, even though there’s been no indication up until this point that their relationship has been having any. I mean, just last episode (which, according to Dave, only a week has passed) Krew was being all cutesy and adorable in the hospital. So… I have no idea what problems Drew was talking about.

That aside, I still really liked this plot, and I’m looking forward to next week’s.

B Plot

SO GLAD that they’re continuing this Dave/Jacinta plot, and not pretending like it didn’t happen. Dave’s still really shaken up about the whole ordeal and blames himself, and doesn’t know how to talk to anyone about it. Alli, in the meantime, is being very pushy and trying to make him talk even though she should just wait until he’s ready.

Also, the FaceRange hate that Dave’s getting is very realistic, I think. Don’t try to tell me that if something like that happened to you, your friends wouldn’t be doing the same thing. I’ve seen Facebook like that before. Different circumstances of course, but it totally happens.

Another thing I liked about this plot was Jenna. I loved how she acknowledged that Alli’s life has been a soap opera for a while. It made me giggle. Although I have to wonder… is she still living with the Bhandaris?

C Plot

Damn it, Marisol. Stop ruining a good thing. I love Mo/Marisol and Mo is such a gentleman. He’s treating Marisol like a queen even if she doesn’t necessarily deserve it. It’s sad to know that she’s ashamed to be seen with him, and I really hope that she smartens up because I really like them together.

Also, I am digging the Mo/Jake bromance. Just saying.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
A Plot

At long last, we have a Bianca-centric plot. We’re finally seeing an episode from HER perspective, and I am so happy that she’s trying to turn her life around. She’s changed a lot since season 10, and for the better. Despite these changes, she’s still very Bianca; it’s not as if she’s a completely different, unrecognizable character, and we saw this in the very beginning when she was filing her nails for no other purpose than to get under Katie’s skin. It’s really sad how every time she lets her guard down, she gets screwed over, and Katie is REALLY screwing her over. She’s trying really hard to stay on the straight and narrow path, but Katie just wanted to use her to score some drugs, and that’s all Katie wanted from her. She didn’t care about Bianca’s feelings and didn’t care about her warnings.

I’m glad that they haven’t dropped Katie’s drug addiction storyline, and that it’s lasted longer than an episode. But I still want to smack her and I’m surprised that all Bianca did was spray her with water. Also, she brought her home. She doesn’t even LIKE Katie, and has no reason to, and yet she made sure she got home safely. Seriously, if I wanted any Degrassi character on my side, I’d pick Bianca in a heartbeat. She also told Maya, who’s already aware of Katie’s Codeine dependence-turned-addiction, so it’ll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Another thing I loved was that Bianca pushed Drew away. She ended the kiss because she knew it was wrong, even though it’s very obvious that she still has feelings for him. Kudos to Bianca for doing the right thing.

The only problem I have with this plot was Drew and the supposed “problems” that he and Katie suddenly have, even though there’s been no indication up until this point that their relationship has been having any. I mean, just last episode (which, according to Dave, only a week has passed) Krew was being all cutesy and adorable in the hospital. So… I have no idea what problems Drew was talking about.

That aside, I still really liked this plot, and I’m looking forward to next week’s.

B Plot

SO GLAD that they’re continuing this Dave/Jacinta plot, and not pretending like it didn’t happen. Dave’s still really shaken up about the whole ordeal and blames himself, and doesn’t know how to talk to anyone about it. Alli, in the meantime, is being very pushy and trying to make him talk even though she should just wait until he’s ready.

Also, the FaceRange hate that Dave’s getting is very realistic, I think. Don’t try to tell me that if something like that happened to you, your friends wouldn’t be doing the same thing. I’ve seen Facebook like that before. Different circumstances of course, but it totally happens.

Another thing I liked about this plot was Jenna. I loved how she acknowledged that Alli’s life has been a soap opera for a while. It made me giggle. Although I have to wonder… is she still living with the Bhandaris?

C Plot

Damn it, Marisol. Stop ruining a good thing. I love Mo/Marisol and Mo is such a gentleman. He’s treating Marisol like a queen even if she doesn’t necessarily deserve it. It’s sad to know that she’s ashamed to be seen with him, and I really hope that she smartens up because I really like them together.

Also, I am digging the Mo/Jake bromance. Just saying.
and the Drew/Bianca. that plot too!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Wow! I really enjoyed this episode. Loved the opening scenes that showed Bianca's redemption. The caseworker and Mr. Simpson actually seemed like authority figures while still being human. Huge improvement from Eli's quack of a shrink or Bangs and Eggs. Being a fan of both Katie and Bianca, I enjoyed the parallels about reputations. I find it pretty interesting to think about both characters perspectives without choosing a side. I do acknowledge that Katie is behaving rather badly but I'm looking forward to seeing how far she falls before she starts to redeem herself. I hope that TeenNick is just hyping up the whole love triangle bit and there's a continued focus on Katie and Bianca.

Jenna was a little scene stealer in the b-plot. Loved her lines. Alli's reactions about Dave visiting Jacinta are a bit confusing, even slightly irritating but I'm choosing to like that right now because it's creating some conflict and she will likely learn a better way to comfort a guilt ridden Dave.

Holy crap...that moment when the camera panned away from a sad Mo in the school hallway when Marisol told him to cool it on the PDA...it just broke my heart. Bonus to that scene was the appearance of Connor! I really hope these two realize they aren't losers like they proclaimed in an earlier episode.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Addicted Fan

This was a really good episode and I love that it was told in Bianca's POV instead of Katie's because I have absolutely no sympathy right now for Katie. I think the getting hooked to codine because of a perscription is interesting for a storyline, however they have never given us a reason to like Katie so turning her into this major bitch isn't helping me feel any sympathy for what she's going through. I don't care that her soccer dream was ruined because they never showed us anything before this storyline that suggests she might be into the sport besides her eating disorder. Bianca made the storyline for me because she's one of those characters who pops up every 6 episodes or so and I enjoy learning things about her since she's one of the strongest, underused characters we have right now.

I like Bianca ten times more, however when it comes to the Drew love triangle both her and Katie are in I really don't care who ends up with Drew. Drew was so quick to cheat on Katie with Bianca that it makes me feel like Bianca would be better off without someone who'd cheat that easily if she's trying to get her life together, and I don't really care for Drew/Katie's relationship or the problems they are having that we have never seen before this.

I really liked the Dave/Alli plot, but Alli isn't helping him. Especially by firing back on that facerange page. I understand where she's coming from but she should let him know she's there for him but let him cope in his own way. He's not going to heal overnight. I'm really invested in this storyline right now and can't wait to see more of it.

I'm also looking forward to see where the Marisol/Mo thing is going. I have a feeling he won't be able to afford everything he promised her. I think they make a good couple though

Last edited by ihavealife2uknow; 04-28-2012 at 01:14 AM
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Passionate Fan

It was good to see Bianca again and I agree she was super nice to Katie. She did not have to take her home at all.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

It's hard to talk about the episodes after just the first part but...

- I just don't find Katie remotely likable anymore. Even in her sweet moments I found her blah.

- Why did this have to turn into a love triangle?! I think the Drianca "reunion" needed a bit more of a lead in. That said Alicia and Luke still have a spark.

- Loved the office scene it's cool to see Simpson sticking up for the underdog again. Is Bianca his new Sean?

- I also loved everything about the opening class room scene.

- Alli continues to bother me in this Jacinta plot. I wish the follow up had been from Dave's POV. I just think she's pushing too hard, being really... I dunno too much like the Alli from two seasons ago. I get where she's coming from but she's being a bit immature with how much she's pushing Dave. Being jealous of Jacinta when she's in the hospital? umm... O.o

- Jenna's line about washing her hair = perfect.
It's amazing how far she's come from the over the top bubbly selfish girl from season 9. She's definitely one of my favorites right now and her one-liners are great. She has that in common with Jake. I wish we were seeing more of those two being snarky together.

- Speaking of Jake... LOVE the Jake/Mo scene. So glad they decided to pair these two up. For one thing I totally buy their connection- Jake is cute but awkward and Mo has a fairly good grasp on the inner workings of the social scene at Degrassi even if he's not at the center of it. I hope they decide to develop this friendship. Especially since their current girlfriends are enemies

- The Mo/Marisol scene at The Dot... that was so Marisol. Also they both have awesome coats.

Nice follow up to last week. After a pretty mediocre start 11.5 is finally on a roll.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow, looks like Bianca really is the new Alex. The 'Bianca does better in school now' part reminds me of when Alex went back to Degrassi in S6. I think she should add Drew to her 'people I should really stay away from list', with Vince. He never hit her or forced her to sell drugs, but she needs to hang out with people who won't take advantage of her.
Watching Katie get high made me a little uncomfortable because Chloe Rose looks like my neighbor/classmate. But that girl is more of an Anya than a Katie, although they're both into sports. Also, tonight I realized that Drew and Bianca kind of look like siblings a little to me. It's mostly in the dark hair and olive skin, but in scenes like the opening one where they're not making out, I get a sibling vibe from them.
The 'Bianca enters and leaves from the Torres sliding door' visual reminds me of Romeo & Juliet's balcony scene. Will Drianca end up as starcrossed lovers?

I'm glad the Jacinta plot got a follow up that didn't end up with anyone having bipolar disorder or PTSD. Sometimes people just feel guilty, too. I think Alli is in a lose lose situation because she'll look like she's heartless or meddling no matter what she does. I feel a Bhandurner expiration date next week.
As much as I love Jenna's one liners, I think she should tone it down if she still lives with the Bhandaris. And this is coming from a Jenna fan.

I think the Mo/Marisol plot is lazy writing. Didn't we just go through this last week? To be honest, I think that Marisol might just be nervous for relationships. She was awkward when she dated Drew but when they're with Katie, she has a lot of banter with him. She has good chemistry with Mo in school but when they're being a couple she feels weird. Maybe Marisol has her own insecurities?
Reply   Post New Thread