Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1136/37 Discussion- Not Ready to Make Nice - 3/16 & 3/23 (MuchMusic & TeenNick)

Important -

Everyone here is well aware of the episodes leaking. Please be advised that no matter when the episode becomes available in other outlets, until it actually first airs on television, it's against rules to openly discuss the details of the episode in any form here or anywhere else on this board. Please remember, that the main reason for this rule is for the consideration of other posters who either can't or choose not to view the leaked episodes prior to the 9:00 PM ET airing on Much/TeenNick. For further details on the spoilers rules here at and how they apply to this board specifically, please visit our spoilers policy thread.

I’m through with doubt
There’s nothing left for me to figure out
I’ve paid a price
And I’ll keep paying

1136- Not Ready to Make Nice, part 1 and 2, Friday March 16 and Friday March 23, 9:00 PM ET on MuchMusic and TeenNick

Part 1 Synopsis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenNick
On Jake's birthday, he invites his "new girl" over for dinner. Clare loses her temper at the table and decides she can't share a house with Jake anymore. The new plan: moving in with dad... if he agrees. When Connor and Mo compete for a spot on the football team, Connor has a hard time fitting in with the guys. Fiona realizes she's developing a crush on Imogen when they work together on a school project. Instead of confessing her feelings, she distracts herself by playing matchmaker for her friends.

Part 2 Synopsis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenNick
Clare feels like everyone in her life has rejected her -- everyone except her new friend Summer, who still wants her to move in. Summer's easygoing attitude seems like exactly what Clare needs, but is this new living situation too good to be true? Jake decides to do a little investigating. Meanwhile, Fiona arranges a surprise date for Eli and Imogen at her loft, but the set-up is a disaster. Connor is sick of Mo's constant teasing during football practice, so he sets him up on a date with an imaginary girl.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar

Last edited by JustMe2000; 03-21-2012 at 10:36 PM
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for posting the video! I had never heard the song before! I'm a fan of country music and I know there was a big bru haha about the song back in its day but I for some reason never heard it. WOW some of those lyrics sum up Clare's storyline up till now. Here are the lyrics for those who might not want to hear the song per se.

DIXIE CHICKS LYRICS - Not Ready To Make Nice
eclecticSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm excited for tomorrow's episode - for all of the plots.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'd just like to say that I totally called it that Clare would end up feeling completely alienated by her new family and want to move out in one of the episode discussion threads. I really hope that it the sake of her child's happiness is worth rushing into marriage with Glenn. Clare's actions should not be a surprise to her...but then that would mean that she actually considered the complexity of knowing that Jake and Clare were attracted to each other.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Can't wait. Mopey, in-love-with-Jake Clare is meh. Pissed-off bitchy Clare is hilarious.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm excited for 2 out of the 3 plots and two out of three ain't bad. I can't wait to see Mo and Connor and Clare! Hopefully some Wesley in there as well and Adam!
eclecticSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Was Mo referencing Amy from The Secret Life with that band geek/French horn joke?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

I really liked this one. But I dunno if it's because the episode was great or if it's because I was watching with a fellow fan. Degrassi is better when shared.

A-Plot: It's such a relief to see Clare away from a relationship. I wish this thing with Summer would last a little longer having Clare out of the famjam environment would be good for her. I kinda love the hippie family. Even if they are higher than hell.

B-plot: Connor! Woo! I'm so glad that we're seeing some guy friendships this season. Um, there were some moments where I had to cover my eyes because I get empathetic sometimes. But I think this was a really great example of how teenager boys actually act. Also nice to see KC just being KC.

C-plot: Fimogeli.... yeah I'm sorry but this trio is not winning me over. I did love the Fimogen bits. They bring out a nice side in each other. I wish that Fiona wasn't forcing Eli and Imogen together. Speaking of Eli... who is this kid. Looks like Munro, sounds like Munro...

yeah.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
Was Mo referencing Amy from The Secret Life with that band geek/French horn joke?
Like Conner, I have no idea what he was talking about.

Another important observation: Why are they building a dollhouse in a course that is supposed to teach them life skills? Shouldn't they be learning how to balance a check book, budget your groceries, or something?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
A-Plot: It's such a relief to see Clare away from a relationship. I wish this thing with Summer would last a little longer having Clare out of the famjam environment would be good for her. I kinda love the hippie family. Even if they are higher than hell.
I don't think that Clare will get much of a chance to do much on her own until this "Twilight" inspired storyline with Jake and Eli is over with meaning Eli and Jake are no longer series regulars on "Degrassi." I know that Clare was the one who dumped Eli but, I think that she's really the one who has suffered and has nowhere and no one to turn to and it would be too little, too late to throw in a Darcy reference now.

Quote:
B-plot: Connor! Woo! I'm so glad that we're seeing some guy friendships this season. Um, there were some moments where I had to cover my eyes because I get empathetic sometimes. But I think this was a really great example of how teenager boys actually act. Also nice to see KC just being KC.
I liked seeing KC on screen without Jenna for at least a little while because that relationship was all about her all time.

Quote:
C-plot: Fimogeli.... yeah I'm sorry but this trio is not winning me over. I did love the Fimogen bits. They bring out a nice side in each other. I wish that Fiona wasn't forcing Eli and Imogen together. Speaking of Eli... who is this kid. Looks like Munro, sounds like Munro...
I don't like Fiona/Eli/Imogen as a trio and I don't like the direction of Fiona/Imogn either because I think that the whole thing in the end will be all about Fiona and or Eli and let's be honest Fiona and Eli could and will easily have their own storylines outside of this awkwardly thrown together storyline but I can't say that for Imogen and she's the one who really needed a storyline it wasn't Fiona and or Eli. To me what we saw in this episode is exactly how I think it will always be for Imogen as long as Eli and or Fiona are somehow involved in her storyline in other words it won't really be about Imogen and she will be the new Alex and or Ashley where their significant others were always more important than they ever got to be. On the brightside, it is always good to get an scene or two from Mama Coyne and I can tell that she really cares about Fiona and doesn't live in a dream world while ignoring her daughter's pain like Helen Edwards is and has for a long time.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Extreme Fan

A-Plot: This is the best A-Plot in awhile, definitely stronger than the Clare/boyfriend plots. Clare definitely needs sometime away from everyone. I also like that they did pretty much show her isolation is also self-imposed as she's still not talking with Alli and making an enemy of Jenna (I KNEW she was still mad about KC). Summer and her bf are so sketch sketch sketch. I'm going to assume drugs/drug mule-ing for the girls.

B-Plot: Yay, Connor and KC time. Always nice to see these two interact. Also Mo being jealous at Connor was an interesting take on it and Connor picking up on it (albeit late) was cool. And Mo being mean? Hm. I like funny Mo, but I guess he can be mean as well. And an Anya mention! I'm always glad when they don't forget that they had previous cast members.

C-Plot: Ennnnnnnnnneh. Harmless. Will wait and see.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
I really liked this one. But I dunno if it's because the episode was great or if it's because I was watching with a fellow fan. Degrassi is better when shared.
I agree I actually thought this one was really good. I've come to the conclusion I just hate Clare around boys. This was the first Clare related plot I've liked all season. I think she unintentionally joined a cult, and if so I hope they stretch it out since they never did that before.

In the last half of the season, I thought Mo was a really refreshing character because he had a good sense of humor but in this part of the episode I couldn't stand him. I hope Connor puts him in his place. And looks like Wesley is no where to be seen

As for Fiona/Imogen/Eli... I honestly couldn't care less. I just kind of faded out when these 3 were on the screen.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

A plot: I think this is probably one of my favorite episodes so far this season. It's definitely the strongest A plot Degrassi's had in a while, and I'm really excited to see where it goes. Clare's been a bit off lately but I really believe that this is where all her bottled up feelings are finally starting to come out.

I'm not sure who this Summer girl and her boyfriend are, but even though I originally thought they were druggies or something, I'm beginning to think they're part of a cult as well. I just re-watched the episode, and the way they talked was so...I don't know, brainwashed sounding? I'm not sure how else to describe it. But regardless, I'm really looking forward to next week to see how this all plays out.

B plot: Yay for Connor! And I really liked seeing him interact with KC again. It was quite refreshing. :') But yeah, what was up with Mo? I get that he doesn't want to be made fun of, but it's really shocking that he'd go so far as to instigate mocking Connor just to avoid it. But yeah, I think this was a pretty strong B plot as well.

C plot: I'm not that interested in Fiona, Imogen, Eli, Imogeli, Fimogen, or the Fimogeli friendship, but I liked this plot more than I thought I would. I liked watching Imogen and Fiona being able to bond a bit while making the dollhouse, and that scene with Fiona and Eli in The Dot was cute as well, especially their banter. =P

Overall, probably one of my favorite episodes so far this season, and I have a feeling I'll really like next week, too. :3
Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Clare's plot - Jake really showed a lack of tact bringing the new girlfriend home shortly after breaking up with Clare. I didn't find this believable but than Jake's Dad topped it with telling Clare maybe she should go to her room. I like to think no one could be that stupid. It is one thing to be defensive of someone talking back to your wife. The next move was sheer idiocy. It is walking on eggshells time when a parent remarries and has a stepfather/stepmother move in to their home with their teen child. So for Jake's Dad to give an order of go to your room was astonishingly stupid. Felt bad for Clare here and was not surprised she would be ripe for the loons at the end (the cellphone incident being the most flagrant red flag).

Connor's plot - Did nothing for me. It did not help that it involved characters such as Mo (who serves no purpose apparently besides being shown up athletically - last year it was by Drew), Owen (whose only interesting dynamic in his time on the show is the recent revelation of his brother being new kid Tristan) and Drew who take away my desire to watch everytime they are on screen. Connor's story is both interesting and yet somehow dull at the same time.

Fiona's plot - The Imogen/Eli/Fiona friendship is a rarity in that this is how real friendship triangles form and how often the bond becomes stronger between the two persons who shared a friend. I like how it has felt authentic in every regard and set up organically. More importantly it absolutely nails two big parts of queer life.

a) One is that a person worries that if their attraction to a "straight" friend is known that person will not want to be around one ever again.

b) The assumption that the object of desire must be straight often keeps one from noticing blatant signals.

Imogen's soulmate line, her disinterest in restarting her relationship with Eli, and the I adore hanging with you looks completely go past Fiona because Fiona is afraid of how hard she is crushing. Fiona's Mom is right in every regard. By playing matchmaker between Eli (who would not mind going out with Imogen again) and Imogen (who may play along but will certainly be disinterested in record time), Fiona's insecurities are overruling her chance at happiness. Imogen may not be straight as Fiona thinks but, as Fiona's Mom pointed out, fear of expressing feelings is a losing game.

This plotline is easily the most compelling of the season so far and shows what Degrassi is capable of.

Last edited by Inesal; 03-16-2012 at 10:21 PM
Inesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

A-plot: Half of me is so angry at the parents involved because they are all incredibly selfish and have no consideration of their children's feelings. I don't know how they can be so oblivious. I don't know how Helen and Mr. Edwards can change so dramatically over the years. So the other half of me has reservations about the writing; I think the sympathy the writers want us to have for Clare is a little heavy handed. Who can not feel bad for a child who feels like she is completely being discarded while her mother and father move forward with their lives? I like the concept of this but I'm not exactly convinced of Degrassi's execution of it. Everything is paced so quickly over the past 2 seasons of suddenly learning Clare's parents fight, then the divorce, and a remarriage (especially when you consider Degrassi real time vs. how it feels as a viewer to watch this). Now they are introducing some strangers Clare moves in with...I'm sure the drama is going to be cranked up to soap opera level. It's things like this that detract from what most kids of divorce feel when adjusting to new families.

But on a more light hearted level, I could watch that scene of Jake and Jenna passing past Clare's room, offer for her to join them, she refuses, and Jake responds with "okey dokey."

B-plot: I love it! I loved hearing about the things Conner learned away at school and how he's trying to incorporate that into his life at Degrassi. Good job at using Google writers! It shows you care and want to do some justice to representing aspbergers. I'm proud of you.

C-plot: I don't really want to admit that I like the Fiona-Imogen-Eli trio because that would mean I enjoy Eli in something. I want to take a class where you make a dollhouse and the kids complain about it because it was supposed to be a bird course. I'm still wtf-ing over that one. I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that writer brainstorming session: "Okay, we need a moment where Fiona realizes how talented Imogen is. It's a school assignment. Anyone got any ideas?" "How about they make a dollhouse for *Life Skills? Her dad is an architect or something and Fi likes Imogen's designs. I mean, it's not like having a mathematician for a father is impressive." "Great idea! It's not like doing a load of laundry for Life Skills would lead to interesting conversation although Fiona would be impressed that people actually do this for themselves."

*Assuming I heard this class name correctly in the episode. Even if I didn't, I still don't know what class would require you to make a dollhouse. Woodwork in shop class? Fiona is totally the type to attend.