Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1128/1129 Discussion - Dead and Gone - 8/31 & 9/1 (MuchMusic & TeenNick)

Important -

Everyone here is well aware of the episodes leaking. Please be advised that no matter when the episode becomes available in other outlets, until it actually first airs on television, it's against rules to openly discuss the details of the episode in any form here or anywhere else on this board. Please remember, that the main reason for this rule is for the consideration of other posters who either can't or choose not to view the leaked episodes prior to the 9:00 PM ET airing on Much/TeenNick. For further details on the spoilers rules here at and how they apply to this board specifically, please visit our spoilers policy thread.

1128/1129 - Dead and Gone, part 1 and part 2 - Wednesday, August 31 and Thursday, September 1, 9:00 PM ET on MuchMusic and TeenNick

Part 1 Synopsis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuchMusic
Bianca is showing up in Drew's space again... and she's got Vince with her. Can Drew believe that she's not out to get him?

Part 2 Synopsis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Guide
Prom night arrives, and some kids deal with scars from past relationships while others take risks.

Last edited by kaleidocat; 08-31-2011 at 07:19 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Lemmy rules! That's all that needs to be said.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Aw, no T.I. and Justin Timberlake?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's hard to believe but we will be seeing the final scenes with Alli and Sav soon.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Passionate Fan

- it's kind of funny that this episode is airing today since it is also my school's orientation day
- I swear Adam didn't take Drew's problems seriously; why is he changing his tune?
- Bianca's life must really suck if Drew is the best thing in it
- at Declan, I swear this guy died a long time ago
- what is this marriage nonsense? They've been dating for a month! (It's not as bad as Spinner/Emma though so I guess it isn't so bad)
- Vince is so cool with his sunglasses and toothpick
- Drew is a joke. I can't take this guy seriously
Old 08-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Total Fan

I admit all I saw tonight was the card from Declan. Dolly J is endgame!!

DollyJfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
I admit all I saw tonight was the card from Declan. Dolly J is endgame!!
I agree, Dolly J is endgame and I think Fiona gave that away last night when she mentioned Holly J's happy ending.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

I don't think the Helen/Glen thing is so strange. They've know each other for at least a decade so it's not like they really have to get to know each other and honestly isn't that the point of dating? Then again I'm not married so... that might say something about what I know Anyway I'm super happy for Helen. She deserves a guy who treats her well. Jake pretty much made this plot. "The only tweets are made by birds!" ...what a hick. I love him <3 Seriously it was nice to finally get some one-on-one Jake/Glen time. They really seem to want the best for each other. I hope we get more of them in the future. I can understand why Clare is upset. It was kinda a tough thing to hear like that. I think by the end of part 2 she'll be realizing that life is short and you have to do what makes you happy. I look forward the adventures of the Edwards-Martin family. I hope they are the new Brady Bunch.

Seriously I love Jake/Glen. I love Helen/Glen. Clare accept your fate.

Side note: I wonder how Justin reacts to all the shirtless scenes. I feel like Munro must tease him about it after read throughs. That said the writers seem to like seeing him with his shirt off so... Justin, you should also accept your fate.

One new niner tonight... Big Red kinda annoyed me. But boy did I enjoy Bianca's verbal smackdown. She reminds me of my high school friends. Also I pretty much just love her. And this episode also reminded me why I love Drianca. Alicia and Luke just have the kind of chemistry and ease with each other that you can't fake. They remind me of Ais and Munro in a sense that they're just two actors who happen to work well together.

"What? I don't get Pizza?" Oh Bianca your love of the food network has not been forgotten...

I cried when I saw the bruises. ugh... I just can't even talk about it.

Vince continues to creep me out. But his scenes with Drew didn't have the same vibe as the ones with Bianca. His scenes with Bianca actually scared me. His scenes with Drew were like... Vince is the Queen of England sipping his tea and Drew is a lowly servent boy demanding better working conditions. Seriously, the coffee cup? You so bad, Vince. Bad.

Also the Drew/Adam scenes were nice to see. Seems like once Adam saw Vince he started seeing the situation as more "real."

Mo/Sav FTW. Is that the last we'll ever see of them? Too soon... too soon to be over! *tear*

So very glad to see HJ's surgery went well. The scene in the hospital bed was my favorite. It finally felt like we got much needed closure for Savvy J and Sanya. In that moment you could see how far they had come from sticker books and crushes. It was almost bittersweet. But mostly it was just sweet. I feel like these three will have a fun time together at their 10 year reunion. Go all out with some dorky dancing and everything.

I wanna rearrange all the couples now- Drew you go with Bianca, Katie you can take Jake now that he's related to Clare, who can find Eli so they can work out their issues. Currently shipping Adam/Life and Adam/Good Health so we'll see how this goes!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
"The only tweets are made by birds!" ...what a hick.
This line basically made the episode for me. I literally laughed out loud when he said it. And that goofy laugh? Loved it.

Quote:
Vince continues to creep me out. But his scenes with Drew didn't have the same vibe as the ones with Bianca. His scenes with Bianca actually scared me. His scenes with Drew were like... Vince is the Queen of England sipping his tea and Drew is a lowly servent boy demanding better working conditions. Seriously, the coffee cup? You so bad, Vince. Bad.
I agree. That entire scene, all I could look at were those dinky little tea cups. I just couldn't take their interaction seriously. Maybe if their meeting had been in a different setting, Vince would've seemed more threatening. Like, in a dark alley or something. Vince in a dark alley is creepy. Vince sitting in the open at an outdoor cafe and drinking tea? Not very intimidating.

Quote:
So very glad to see HJ's surgery went well. The scene in the hospital bed was my favorite. It finally felt like we got much needed closure for Savvy J and Sanya. In that moment you could see how far they had come from sticker books and crushes. It was almost bittersweet. But mostly it was sweet. I feel like these three will have a fun time together at their 10 year reunion. Go all out with some dorky dancing and everything.
This was my favorite scene. I couldn't believe the show actually addressed the fact that Sanya happened. It's been so long since Sav and Anya interacted.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:53 PM
New Fan

Okay, I don't think that I've ever given thoughts on the episodes after watching, but I feel the need to do so after part one of this one. So let's get started:

First, with the Bianca/Drew/Katie/Vince thing... Drew just made everything so much worse. It was one thing to arrange a meeting in an outdoor cafe (very smart on his part) and talk about the issues. But the phone call at the end, well I believe that's the catalyst for all of the immense drama going down at prom.

Also, I continue to love Katie more and more.

Then with the whole thing between Clare and Jake. Clare continues to annoy me a little more after every episode. I'm glad she's not with Eli anymore, but c'mon! She's now whining every episode about everything and its annoying the crap out of me.

And are they planning on telling Darcy that her mother's remarrying? Does Darcy even know that her parents divorced? I want to read a fanfic where Darcy comes home and everything is different. I think it'd just be hilarious. Too bad they can't get Shenae to come back for an episode or two to play it out on my screen.

Finally, I'm so happy that Holly J's surgery went well. Even happier to see a Sav/Anya scene because I miss those two. And I was glad to see a Declan mention with that card. I seriously think that Declan and Holly J will reunite at Yale. Or at least I hope so.
coca colie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

-So now we get Adam taking Drew's problems seriously again? Okay, better late than never. Well, maybe not depending on what happens the next episode.
-Speaking of Adam, his negative reaction towards Bianca? Way overdue.
-"Hey Big Red! Just because you're new here doesn't mean I won't stuff you in a locker, but if you pay attention I can teach you how to avoid that fate. That goes for all of you, caprice?" Oh...Bianca....
-Oh and Big Red (Hannah wants her nickname back) is one of the new niners, let's just hope his first impression isn't a sign of things to come.
-"...you're the one good thing I've ever had in my life." I don't think they do enough with Bianca and at times it's effected how much I feel for her when I know I'm supposed to, but that line and seeing the bruises on her arm- yeah, that got to me.
-"...like the pride you will soon have in your new school, the beaker is overflowing with Degrassi blue." I love Mr. Betenkamp.
-So once again, in Drew, we get another character going through another character's phone to do some digging while looking at their texts. It did serve the plot in a way that made sense this time, though.
-Speaking of Drew, inviting Bianca to the prom without telling Katie? That will go over well. Combine that with him talking about seeing Bianca at the prom in front of the unfortunately named Vince, and...he may mean well, but he's not the brightest bulb in the world, is he?
-The Drew/Unfortunately Named Vince meeting over coffee reminded me of the Pacino/DeNiro scene in Heat. Without the tension.

-Loved Helen's little "it doesn't really matter" to Jake's answer to her question of why he was in her house.
-Very happy to see a Glen/Jake scene, and those two have a nice ease playing off each other. Another good job of casting.
-"The only tweets are made by birds.". What a goof. The over the top congrats he had for the Glen/Helen engagement announcement fits into that goof mantra too.
-The way Helen's "Well, then I'm sorry, but it obviously has to STOP!" was delivered totally reminded me of a teenage girl. Was that on purpose? I think it might have been.

-"Sav for the win!"
-Loved the little Sav/Alli mention. I'm pretty sure we're going to get a scene in the second part between those two. I'll be disappointed it we don't.
-Mo: "Did you grow the beard for nothing?" Sav- "No." Of course not, he grew it for my co-Mod.
-Finally, the Holly J/Sav/Anya scene. The standout scene in the episode, it was damn near perfect. It gave a great sense of closure to those two couples and the dynamic those three had over the years. Having those three together for that moment was a stroke of genius.

Was Imogen around during any of the orientation stuff? I didn't see her. I liked this episode. Things were set up well, especially in the Drew plot, and the other two had enough moments to make them very watchable.

I do worry that things will seem very rushed in the finale.

The line count:
Drew- 45
Jake- 26
Sav- 24
Clare- 22
Bianca- 17
Katie- 17
Helen Edwards- 15
Mo- 13
Adam- 11
Glen Martin- 11
Holly J- 8
The Unfortunately Named Vince- 8
Anya- 7
Ms. Oh- 7

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Drew sure did get brave REALLY fast. Everything was almost okay until he had to blab about prom. Bianca was excited to get AWAY from Vince while at prom. That's obviously not happening now thanks to Drew I really loved their scenes though, Drew and Bianca have great chemistry and I've grown to love them. I think Luke was really great tonight. He was actually scaring me while talking to Vince. He just had this really strange look in his eyes. Speaking of Vince...he's strangely likable. He's a horrible person of course but there's something about his character that's very intriguing.

Clare/Jake was meh. Once again they have zero chemistry. It's horribly awkward when he has no shirt on. I really love Jake's character now though. Being an Eclare shipper, I tried SO HARD to hate him! But it just was not happening. He's hilarious. The tweet line seriously made the episode for me! haha.

I also loved the Holly J/Sav/Anya scene.

I have high expectations for the finale(possibly a bad idea? hopefully not.) But I agree with JustMe2000, I really hope everything isn't rushed.
AmeeAtomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Extreme Fan

It really bothers me that the whole Vince thing has been portrayed as Bianca's fault. Drew has said so on multiple occasions and Adam said it in this episode. (Adam could have given at least one other significant reason he doesn't like Bianca) Some guy tried to rape Bianca and she was forced to kill him....ergo it's her fault that Vince is mad at Drew? Strictly speaking, there would be no Vince situation without Bianca, but that doesn't make it her fault. Would Drew rather have her get raped? It just isn't her fault at all. I think this is clear to anyone who thinks about it, but I also don't think it's good too have characters blame Bianca without anyone at least setting them straight. Moreover, I don't like that the Drew storyline is...about Drew. Bianca was sexually assaulted and then killed the assailant to protect Drew. I would much rather have seen how she dealt with it, seeing as she's the one actually involved. Instead it led into Drew PTSD (which was actually fine, just weird because we didn't see Bianca), and now Drew PTSD has led to Drew martial arts champion that attracts all the girls at Degrassi. Ew.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I gotta rant...been trying not to...but I gotta rant:

I think Helen Edwards is behaving like a foolish schoolgirl. I think she should pull herself back and think about what she is doing. The best solution is not to order her daughter to end her relationship with Jake so she can have her new husband. That’s not going to dissolve any emotional or sexual feelings they have for each other. I cannot believe this woman would actually marry Glenn and allow Jake to live down the hall from Clare after knowing that she and Jake had a relationship. There would be too many seeds of doubt in my mind and I would worry for the well-being of my child. What if their relationship doesn’t end or there are traces of it? You going to lock them in their bedrooms at night and scold Jake when he ogles Clare in her swimsuit while you are on family vacations? What if Jake has his step-sister on the side in secret and meanwhile he’s dating another girl publicly? While I don’t think Jake is the type to do that, I don’t know him well enough. And I don’t think Helen does either, despite being family “friends.” Family “friends.” Something tells me those infidelity accusations point a finger at Mrs. Edwards as well. I don’t think Helen needs a new spouse to mend her broken heart post divorce (if that is even final…she is moving so fast). I think she needs counseling and should bring Clare along with her. I hope the show doesn’t go the cutesy Brady Bunch route with this. It’s too messy.

And Jake sure as hell is lucky that it’s pops dating Clare’s mama and not his mom dating her dad. That relationship would have been over that night and Jake might have found himself being physically tossed out the door once he realizes Jake hasn’t been at their home to do household repairs. Fathers are protective over their daughters.

I still think this whole plot is ridiculous. Yes, I can respect that step-siblings sometimes do develop feelings for each other. But in reality there’s so much room for abuse with age differences, living in the same household, boundaries, and confusion over the technicality of relationships. There’s being sitcom cutesy and then there’s some responsibility that a show like Degrassi should take when handling this sort of situation. I hope it never reaches the point of Jake and Clare being ex boyfriend/girlfriend and step siblings. I hope that the show was trying to appeal to its audience with a secret relationship C & J have to keep from their parents and use that to charm the viewers. Either way, both outcomes seem unnecessary. If the show HAS to go the secret relationship route, I can see Clare being private about her relationship with Jake as she deals with her parents’ divorce and her break up with Eli for a variety of reasons. She’s testing her parents interest in her, she doesn’t want them to be concerned about her post-Eli, she doesn’t want to draw attention to herself while the divorce is being finalized. And that also leaves it open for parental frustration and a few killer fight scenes.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD9999 (View Post)
Moreover, I don't like that the Drew storyline is...about Drew. Bianca was sexually assaulted and then killed the assailant to protect Drew. I would much rather have seen how she dealt with it, seeing as she's the one actually involved.
Yep.

I feel like this entire plot was just an excuse to show Luke shirtless as often as possible and fighting and acting all tough. Ick.

I haven't cared about this storyline all season, because I don't like Drew so I could care less what happens to him. But to have the storyline end with Adam getting shot? Why drag our Adam into such a ****ty storyline? Now I actually do care, but not in a good way.