Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1108/09 Discussion - Dirt Off Your Shoulder - 7/27/28 (MuchMusic & TeenNick)

Important -

Everyone here is well aware of the episodes leaking. Please be advised that no matter when the episode becomes available in other outlets, until it actually first airs on television, it's against rules to openly discuss the details of the episode in any form here or anywhere else on this board. Please remember, that the main reason for this rule is for the consideration of other posters who either can't or choose not to view the leaked episodes prior to the 9:00 PM ET airing on Much/TeenNick. For further details on the spoilers rules here at and how they apply to this board specifically, please visit our spoilers policy thread.

1108/09- Dirt Off Your Shoulder, Part 1 and 2- Wednesday July 27 and Thursday July 28, 9:00 PM ET on MuchMusic and TeenNick.

Part 1 Synopsis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuchMusic
Eli's got the perfect distraction to get over Clare...to write the school play. But when writer's block gets the best of him, Eli realizes his new anti-anxiety meds are to blame. He decides to toss his meds and confront his emotions head on.
Part 2 Synopsis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuchMusic
Riley is pushed to the bring as he realizes his parents aren't changing, and neither is Zane. Faced with an impossible choice, Riley can't put it off any longer.

Last edited by kaleidocat; 07-27-2011 at 07:17 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Extreme Fan

This episode appears to be relationship centered. :| Sounds boring to me.
I have a feeling I'll like Imogen, though. She just needs to keep up her rhyming insults, haha.
I hope this episode expands Zane's character a lot. The Zane wanting Riley to come out conflict reminds me of Darco in King of Pain, season 4. The only Ziley plot I'd be interested in is 'Riley gets kicked out, Zane offers him to move in with him' but I doubt Degrassi would have two couples move in together in a week.
A few months ago, I remember hearing rumors about a character named 'Athena' who was connected to Riley somehow. I wonder if they axed her or not.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Did Drew die or something? How can they just leave us hanging on his storyline like this?
nick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Passionate Fan

don't feel like writing a proper paragraph:

● Isn't Athena Rebecca from The Latest Buzz? Now we have 3/4.
● Baby Tyson/Tyler (whatever its name is) is so cute!
● Why did Dave have a tissue box on his lunch tray?
● For the first time, I wasn't annoyed by Eli
● Like Fiona, I don't understand what power Clare has over guys
● Imogen is weird... but I think I'll like her
● So is Eli's hoarding over?
● Don't really care about Zane...
● I don't want KC and Marisol to hook up. I know KC must feel pressured, but staying home with a baby isn't fun either. I have trouble dealing with my little sister for more than an hour, so ALL DAY must be terrible.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Extreme Fan

I normally don't really enjoy Riley plots, but I thought this was pretty good. He was so visibly happy when he was acknowledged by his mother that the tension between his two lives was evident, while also not overdone. It really annoyed me that Zane read Riley's texts, but I've never really liked Zane, so

As I see it, this was Eli's first ever personal plot, and I thought it was a step up from eclare, but that doesn't mean I particularly liked it. I didn't really understand what Eli was feeling during the brooding scenes, which really diminished the emotional impact.

The Kenna seem to favor Jenna (as in we are supposed to feel bad for her), but I don't think K.C. is doing anything particularly wrong. They need the revenue from his job, and it's really not necessary to have two people taking care of a baby simultaneously. They inevitably just collide. I guess I just have difficulty feeling bad for Jenna because it was so foreseeable she would have to be independent and that being a teen mother would be hard. That said, K.C. needs to be more understanding and not hit the party scene while Jenna is at home, and certainly not tell her about it and act justified. Anyway, once the baby gets a little older, Jenna should be able to go out more with it, albeit not partying alla Mia

Lastly, the continuity of this season with past seasons and episodes is astounding. It makes watching much more enjoyable for me when there are little throwbacks, even as small as Ms. Dawes being all intertwined in Eclare. There were better ones earlier this season, but of course I forget them now.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Gonna make this short.

Plot A: Okay, I liked this plot. Imogen was really amazing, honestly. I loved her so much! I liked how Clare and Eli were civil, also. Amazing effort put into the storyline.

Plot B: Not cool reading Riley's texts, Zane, but that's okay. I guess they have a trust thing going on?? I really love misunderstandings with couples because when they overcome these misunderstandings, it makes their relationship stronger. Note: This was the plot I was really looking forward to, so I hope they make the next episode a little stronger.

Plot C: I have no words for how sick KC makes me right now. Jenna is your girlfriend, you have a kid, come on, boy. Get over yourself and stop thinking you're the only one who's important.

Promo: I am so SICK of seeing just Eli and Clare (And Imogen) in the promos. Riley and Zane have the A plot this time, yet they're shunned for plot previews? Something doesn't seem right. Can't they just show everyone? Sheesh.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM
New Fan

Decent episode, was mostly just minor plot development for the major events to go down in part 2. In my opinion, Imogen stole the spotlight overall with her last few scenes.

side notes:
- Looks like Adam and Dave are over last episode's events.
- Fiona's comment about Clare made me chuckle a little.
- I no longer dislike Imogen. In fact, I'm a big fan of her character at this point.
- Fiona plays dirty.
- Yeah, Dave was definitely jelly of KC.

A - Eli/Clare/Imogen:
I'm glad this was more of an Eli plot than an EClare plot. The episode was clearly about him. I would say this was mostly just a setup for part 2, but Imogen's appearance toward the end and her first real set of lines made this half of the plot worth seeing. I'm very interested in seeing the "real" Eli return tomorrow when he puts down his meds. I also have a strong feeling that I'm going to go back to disliking Imogen after tomorrow. Poor Clare just also just wants to stay on the paper, but they didn't really emphasize that too much tonight.

Props to Bullfrog too. It was a short cameo, but it was a really good father-son connection.

B - KC/Marisol:
Finally this plot's getting interesting. I was never a big fan of KC and Jenna, so as much as I don't condone what's going to probably happen tomorrow, I want to see how the triangle's going to work out. As much of a charity case Jenna is, I, for some reason just don't care too much for her. Marisol definitely showed a much more fun side of her. Did anyone else facepalm when KC mentioned to Jenna what happened after work the night before? I'm not one to lie to people, but that's something I would keep to myself just to avoid confrontation.

C - Riley/Zane:
I dismissed this plot almost as soon as I read the episode description, but I thought it was well done. [Insert obligatory rant about non-cast characters here]. My beef with this was with Riley. He ended up lying to Zane about something that shouldn't have been a big deal to tell him anyway, and then Zane goes and reads Riley's texts. Both of them have really bad communication skills, but they'll definitely make up tomorrow. I don't see these guys breaking up ever.

---

All in all, decent episode. Tomorrow's will be better though.
LsK101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:53 PM
New Fan

can anyone help me?!
not sure if this is the right place to post, but im looking for a song that was on tonights episode.
the lyrics were, "still thinking about what went wrong.."
when eli & claire were talking about the interview before eli choked & walked away from the radio room.
dezbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Passionate Fan

^ Try this.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

So first off, I'm perfectly comfortable admitting that I fangirled like a 14-year-old Twilight fan when I saw Zoe Belkin on a date with Riley. lmao

Secondly Bullfrog- I love you! Listen to your, father Eli! Don't listen to Imogen! (omg the promo breaks my heart) I thought this was the most powerful scene tonight. I like that we're seeing that the Morty crash was a wake up call for the Goldsworthy family. I can understand Bullfrog's fear which makes me all the more worried about tonight.

As for Imogen. I thought she was amusing but I'm not as gaga over her as most people. She makes me a little nervous honestly. I think I would like her a lot more if I didn't know she was going to suggest Eli go off his meds...

Laughed out loud at Fiona's "I will never understand the power Clare Edwards has over men."

Adam's "psycho" line... we on the same page, kiddo.

As for Zane, bad boy looking at Riley's phone! Seriously. But I'm glad we saw a little of his POV tonight. As for Riley- felt same old, same old. But I liked his scenes with his mom and of course Athena.

Eli was so pale in this episode. Like something out of a black and white comic book... interesting.

Ms.Dawes not knowing Eclare broke up... she's probably sad that her creation is over.

I love that we're getting KC's perspective with the teen parenting storyline now. Honestly I feel okay with the pacing of this plot so far. I'm not exactly wowed by this storyline, but it's nice seeing more of KC. That said I totally love Marisol. I think she's fun!

Adam was great in his little moments. I liked the Misfits scene in the beginning but I wish they would focus more of this friendship outside of love triangles.

But seriously is Imogen five? "Could you smell for me?" what? I like to think of her as a muppet. That's not a bad thing.

Advice for Eli: Don't touch bloody tissues!

I kinda think it would be interesting if they dealt with pill addiction with Eli. Anti-anxiety medication can be addictive, and if Eli is taking more than he should be... I just think it could be a good storyline for him.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Extreme Fan

A-Plot: This was pretty much set-up. I liked Bullfrog's interaction with Eli, he and his wife let him drift out for so long. And I was glad that Eli was ready to quit the play for him. Imogen...I'm split. At first, I thought she would just be Eli's Manic Pixie Dream Girl but apparently in the next episode, she'll make him do some really crazy things so at least the writers are playing with this.

B-Plot: I liked this a lot better. Speaking of playing with tropes, I thought Riley would jump back into the closet but it turns out it was a miscommunication on he and Zane's part. Speaking of which: Zane, don't look at other people's phones. I do understand that he wants his mom to talk to him and they can be cool again.

C-Plot: Again, set-up. KC, KC, KC. What have you gotten youself into?

Quote:
The Kenna seem to favor Jenna (as in we are supposed to feel bad for her), but I don't think K.C. is doing anything particularly wrong. They need the revenue from his job, and it's really not necessary to have two people taking care of a baby simultaneously.
Agreed. I thought she would be happy that he would be working and at least not hanging out with his buds, but I guess she's tired of being alone. KC getting a job right away is a lot better than most teen dads, so I won't hate him for this.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Imogen = crazy

Marisol - don't get involved in baby mama drama. The end.
Broadway_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Isn't Bullfrog a morning DJ shock jock? If so, I don't think he would be the one waking up Eli in the morning to go to school. That said, I did enjoy that little scene and their interaction.

Imogen....not quite sure what to think of her just yet, but I have to admit that I find that swan dive to be kind of amazing.

Zane reading Riley's texts?

Still enjoying the KC/Jenna plot, and Marisol and KC had a nice chemistry in their scenes as well.

So between Dave's cold (that's why he had the tissues), Riley's trip to the thinking room and Imogen's bloody nose, this was the body fluid and body function episode of Now or Never.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Imogen is hilarious!!! A Eli fangirl has entered the Degrassi universe!
nj2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Riley's trip to the thinking room
I think that's the first time a Degrassi character announced he/she had to poop.

That's something I always like about Riley and Zane, that nuance of their relationship. Zane is poised, proper, and measured and Riley is....not.