Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1039/1040 - Hide and Seek - 3/18 & 3/25 (MuchMusic & TeenNick)

Important -

Everyone here is well aware of the episodes leaking. Please be advised that no matter when the episode becomes available in other outlets, until it actually first airs on television, it's against rules to openly discuss the details of the episode in any form here or anywhere else on this board. Please remember, that the main reason for this rule is for the consideration of other posters who either can't or choose not to view the leaked episodes prior to the 9:00 PM ET airing on Much/TeenNick. For further details on the spoilers rules here at and how they apply to this board specifically, please visit our spoilers policy thread.

1039 & 1040 - Hide and Seek Part 1 & 2 - March 18 (Part 1) and March 25 (Part 2), 9:00 PM ET on MuchMusic and TeenNick

Part 1 synopsis from TeenNick:
Holly J may have secured acceptance to Yale, but she's not slowing down. With Chantay out-overachieving her at their work study, she can't back down now. If that means she has to run a 10k while exhausted, sick, and borderline delirious, she'll do it -- even if it kills her. Alli has found a haven away from home with an old friend who got his act together. But can Johnny DiMarco convince her to just stick it out with her parents for the next two years, or will he drive her to even more desperate measures? And when Wesley uncovers a note he wrote to his 16 year-old self back when he was 12, he finds his current life sorely lacking. Where is the car, the babes, and the world record his younger self envisioned for him by now? His 16th birthday is imminent... it's time for Wes to live up to his own expectations.

Part 2 synopsis from TeenNick:
Holly J's list of symptoms is getting longer. But if a trip to the E.R. isn't enough to get her to listen to her body (or a doctor), maybe experiencing the most embarrassing symptom ever -- in front of the work study boss she's desperate to impress -- will do the trick. Dave has turned Wesley's doomed world record attempt into a school event. No pressure! Will Wesley humiliate himself in front of the whole school... or will he find something else his 12 year-old self wanted for him? And Alli is not the most street-smart runaway ever to hit the pavement. In seeking help from another runaway, she lands herself in even deeper hot water. Does ANYONE in the world have her back when she needs it most?

Holly J's list of symptoms is getting longer and more dangerous. Will she listen to her body before it gives up on her completely?

Last edited by JustMe2000; 03-25-2011 at 10:14 AM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT! I love the song and this sounds like a solid episode. I'm so worried for Holly J... I really hope nothing bad happens to her and she'll eventually recover from whatever illness/condition she has. I'm not the biggest Alli fan but I'm sort of looking forward to her plot. I can't wait to see how she'll interact with Johnny even though I was lukewarm about them as a couple, especially last season. But hey, I'll take Johnny/Alli over Drew/Alli any day. Wesley's plot sounds interesting as well! I definitely think Spencer will do a great job if the writers give him some good material to work with.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Total Fan

So excited for the Holly J plot. Charlotte will be AWESOME. She is so kick-ass.

DollyJfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm really looking forward to this episode, by the sound of the a/b plots, it sounds really good. The Holly J plot looks interesting. I'm really curious as to what's wrong with her though and I'm worried for her.

The Alli plot, I'm looking forward to as well. Mainly for Johnny. I've missed him and I really liked him back in Season 8. I wouldn't mind seeing them hookup again.

The Wesley plot sounds okay, although the comical c-plots are getting a bit tiresome. I'd like to see him have a serious a-plot for once.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

wow! I was hoping they would cover diabetes with HJ! They really got it wrong in Touch of Grey so I'm hoping they redeem themselves with this storyline.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Asya: Yes! As soon as she stated "I'M REALLY THIRSTY" my mind went to "OH SH- she's either Diabetic or Hyperglycemic..."

Hyperglycemic = having high blood sugar, which can damage the body..
Quote:
What causes hyperglycemia?

A number of things can cause hyperglycemia:

* If you have type 1, you may not have given yourself enough insulin.
* If you have type 2, your body may have enough insulin, but it is not as effective as it should be.
* You ate more than planned or exercised less than planned.
* You have stress from an illness, such as a cold or flu.
* You have other stress, such as family conflicts or school or dating problems
Quote:
You can often lower your blood glucose level by exercising. However, if your blood glucose is above 240 mg/dl, check your urine for ketones. If you have ketones, do not exercise.

Exercising when ketones are present may make your blood glucose level go even higher. You'll need to work with your doctor to find the safest way for you to lower your blood glucose level.
Quote:
If you fail to treat hyperglycemia, a condition called ketoacidosis (diabetic coma) could occur. Ketoacidosis develops when your body doesn't have enough insulin. Without insulin, your body can't use glucose for fuel, so your body breaks down fats to use for energy.

Ketoacidosis is life-threatening and needs immediate treatment. Symptoms include:

* Shortness of breath
* Breath that smells fruity
* Nausea and vomiting
* Very dry mouth
Lexiness or Lexi~ #7 Adam Supporter!~ #22 Misfits Supporter!~
Supporter/Shipper of The Misfits, Eclare, Kenna, Fadam, Savvy J, Elitz, Ziley, Grossmance/Douchebag, Folly J, Team Bianca
http://lexikatness.tumblr.com/
regiusachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Grade 7 time capsule? Okay, show just answer this - are the freaking middle school and high school still joined together!?

A-PLOT: I'm betting Holly J just needing a lot of rest and the sickness is developing due to exhaustion. I could feel her hesitation to actually see a doctor, she just got into Yale and doesn't need a potential sickness to possibly delay that. Especially she's especially bright and hard-working. I liked Chantay in this as well, she needs to blend in more with the Grade 12s.

B-PLOT: Johnny has a thing for Asians.

I hope he realizes he could be in SERIOUS TROUBLE for housing Alli but he is right that in Alli needs to go home on her own. And I liked the Jalli scenes. This is a great way to keep the older graduating classes on this show. They just need to pop in every once in awhile. And holy crap to the callback of JT's murder. We got hints of it, but the incident apparently really did affect Johnny.

The scene of Alli scrolling through Facerangebook was sad too, with the nice encouraging comments left (and one by Clare!) and the ******* ones as well ("She's responsible for the dress code!") As usual, Alli will probably have to learn her lesson the hard way in Vancouver.

C-PLOT: Silly plot and didn't really feel like a breather from the main ones (since the A-PLOT actually feels down to earth). Nice to see the Tenors again though I guess.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

@Lexi- But the stress being the trigger screams diabetes not Hyperglycema to me.

Yes I noticed the grade 7 too, like who are they kidding Clare was a totally different school everyone else was probably at the local middle school. I hate dumb mistakes like that especially ones that could have easiy been done another way. Like Wes digging one he buried in his backyard or something.

I'm really glad they showed Clare's comment (and also the mean comments because you know that really happens) I was wondering why Clare didn't say anything last episode but if Alli was only gone a day I'm betting Sav didn't want to alert anyone at school before.

I totally agree with MegaJ about Johnny and the Jalli scenes. I thought those were nicely done. There are a lot of kids who don't feel like they fit in high school who do really well in college and I think this really suited Johnny.
His girlfriend was cute~
Old 03-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked this episode a lot. Not only did it have Sav and Holly J, but it had Johnny and Alli...and a JT reference! I was shocked when Johnny mentioned it. He has changed! Boo..now I kind of want Johnny and Alli back together. He even blamed himself for having her go through that stuff to his own girlfriend. D'aawww.
I feel dumb, cause I didn't know Kayla was his girlfriend. She's cute (and really intelligent and wants to get into Neuroscience like Alli ?). He has nice taste.

Asya: Oh. I don't know. I'm just guessing. Hyperglycemia sucks ass.. The trouble breathing, the dryness and not being able to be hydrated, the vomiting up water (if you haven't eaten anything). You can have the hyper and hypo with Diabetes, so..that was why I just assumed Holly J was having a spike in her blood sugar. She should go get her ketones checked out (or rather, go urinate in a paper cup, get a test strip for the ketones, and wait for it to change color )...and go get an IV from her doctor to make sure.

That self-medicating isn't going to end well. ;_;

C Plot: Wesley was adorable. And his uncle reminds me of Chuck from that NBC show...Chuck. But also Anya's doctor, Dr. Chris.

We got JT mentioned, Clare saying she misses Alli - via Facerange, and Holly J saying she hasn't had sex with Sav. Tonight was a good night!
Supporter/Shipper of The Misfits, Eclare, Kenna, Fadam, Savvy J, Elitz, Ziley, Grossmance/Douchebag, Folly J, Team Bianca

Last edited by regiusachan; 03-18-2011 at 07:14 PM
Old 03-18-2011, 07:05 PM
New Fan

I liked that they mentioned JT, still after all this time they make little mentions of older characters, RIP JT <3

I liked that Johnny was willing to help her and even try to get her to go home. However, if something bad does happen to Alli and they find out he saw her he can get into some big trouble, and I'm sure he understood that but was still willing to try and get her to go home.

As for Holly J it's been rumored that she has a type of Cancer but the more you look into it it is most likely that she is diabetic.

As for the world record that made me smile, reminds me of the time me and my friends back in freshman year tried to break a world record we got really close but didn't work. Good luck Wes we be rooting for you to break it!
CreateElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

@Lexi- That's true it could be either I suppose. But I really hope it's a Diabetic storyline.

I have to agree though overall this was a good episode although like pretty much every episode these days it felt too short.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Asya: I guess it was a good episode because everything - except the Wesley world record, which is cute - was leading up to this. But yeah, it did feel too short.
I got uncomfortable when Holly J started breathing heavily, because it took me back to Paige's hyperventilation when she was anxious about college. Both felt real at the time I saw them. Maybe Chantay or Sav will come and try to stop her from self-medicating. ..It'd be really bad if she started to just drink coke or something, cause, yeah, that's killer on the body when it's already on high-glucose mode.

Johnny does care for Alli. I know he was keeping the plan a secret, but it was for her own good. She was going to end up running off to Vancouver if he hadn't thought up the plan with his girlfriend, Kayla. They were trying to help. Yeah...
Old 03-18-2011, 07:31 PM
New Fan

Some Yahoo! Answers users are considering HIV infection with Holly J's symptoms. What do you guys think? I honestly am leaning towards the diabetes more, because of the thirst and dizziness specifically. But first onset HIV infection is a common cold like symptoms. Maybe Declan became infected by a Jane Doe he slept with one night up there partying with all those girls when Holly J was back at Degrassi.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo (View Post)
Some Yahoo! Answers users are considering HIV infection with Holly J's symptoms. What do you guys think? I honestly am leaning towards the diabetes more, because of the thirst and dizziness specifically. But first onset HIV infection is a common cold like symptoms. Maybe Declan became infected by a Jane Doe he slept with one night up there partying with all those girls when Holly J was back at Degrassi.
While I never trust Yahoo! Answers (I know people troll there ), that seems likely. What if Declan did Tinsley? The same blonde girl who kissed Bobby, while he was with Fiona, despite the fact Bobby was beating Fiona. Fiona's even said Tinsley gets around or whatever.

However, I think it's more Diabetes than some HIV thing. The thirstiness, the tiredness, stress, trouble breathing.

Last edited by regiusachan; 03-18-2011 at 07:44 PM
Old 03-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Wouldn't take like, months for any HIV symptoms to appear?

Good call on the diabetes thing, though I'll bet on hyperglycemia. Diabetes is a plot within itself, but not something to really focus on. It's not as salacious as the other plot lines this show deals with. Plus as the writers of Hannah Montana found out, it's not really that easy to portray accurately.

Oh, and that song that played with Wesley pogo-ing? Alexz Johnson - Boogie Love.