Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Episode 1021/1022 Discussion - Purple Pills - Aug 23/24 (MuchMusic & TeenNick)

Important -

Everyone here is well aware of the episodes leaking. Please be advised that no matter when the episode becomes available in other outlets, until it actually first airs on television, it's against rules to openly discuss the details of the episode in any form here or anywhere else on this board. Please remember, that the main reason for this rule is for the consideration of other posters who either can't or choose not to view the leaked episodes prior to the 9:00 PM ET airing on Much/TeenNick. For further details on the spoilers rules here at and how they apply to this board specifically, please visit our spoilers policy thread.

Also: Do not post episode download links here or in any other thread here at the board.

1021 - Purple Pills (1) Aug 23, 9:00 PM ET (MuchMusic and TeenNick)
- Fiona is stressed about testifying against Bobby. (MSN)
- Fiona panics about facing Bobby in court and asks her doctor to calm her anxiety. (TV Guide)

1022 - Purple Pills (2)- Aug 24, 9:00 PM ET (MuchMusic and TeenNick)
- Fiona's attempts to medicate herself for stress relief could ruin her legal case against Bobby. (MSN)
- Fiona's legal case against Bobby is in jeopardy because she resorted to self-medicating to suppress her anxiety. (TV Guide)

Last edited by kaleidocat; 08-23-2010 at 07:19 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yay! Another week of awesomeness! Fiona is my second favorite girl character and there's more Ziley this week! :>
Old 08-22-2010, 10:22 PM
New Fan

Fiona and alcohol is gonna provide for some intense moments. The only time that I know of that she was drunk we had twincest, I just wonder what kind of stuff she will be getting into the next 2 days.
wolfpackfan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

She was hitting the bottle when she was talking to Holly J on the computer in one of those early episodes.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

She was also drinking while dressing Porcelina the pig in clothes and taking pictures of her. So they've been pretty consistent in implying that she drinks fairly regularly. I think that scene suggests she drinks when she's lonely/alone.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Addicted Fan

God I love when characters go crazy.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
God I love when characters go crazy.
yup pretty much this.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm really looking forward to these episodes but I just know after these we will probably never see her drink again. I guess I just want a regular alcoholic on the show.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LidelKewte (View Post)
I guess I just want a regular alcoholic on the show.
Only on Degrassi do we promote alcoholism!

MD9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I personally cannot stand Fiona. Out of all the characters on this show she's on my hate list

I do look forward to seeing her spiral though, it's always very tragic when young people do.

And we get the Adam "I am not a girl" scene!!!!

Too bad I have to wait till it's online to watch as I don't have the network anymore
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Going into this episode I wasn't all that excited. It seemed like the last 2 episodes are getting all of the attention right now. But this episode was great!! I keep changing my favourite character by the hour but right now it's Fiona again I feel so bad for her.

The scene when she had to watch Bobby's testimony or whatever - that was so heartbreaking. And also the flashbacks when she was talking to her lawyer it's sort of similar to Paige having to testify but I still really enjoyed it. I also like how (so far) Degrassi seems to be taking the perspective that medication can help. it's really interesting to see Fiona deal with her anxiety issues.

Eli/Adam/Fitz plot was okay. it was really sad when Eli told Adam to stop being such a girl or whatever. I really liked that moment. It seemed like it was just a mistake and he would've said it to any guy, but it still hurt. It's kind of strange how Fitz is so willing to hang out with Adam, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's to get back at Eli or something. idk... this whole Fitz/Eli thing is going to be big in the final 2 episodes. I am somewhat concerned for how that's going to end.

Ziley plot - I find it kind of strange how Riley has this schedule as to when he's going to come out The problem (as seen at the end of the episode) is that there's always going to be people who wont accept Riley. Just because football season is over doesn't mean that things are going to be perfectly easy after that. So I liked how Riley came out before their last game but seems to be having second thoughts. They better give us an epic storyline with Riley's family before he graduates.
Plus Ziley as King & King is like the cutest thing ever. I'd vote for them! plz let this happen.

Also Drew's awesomeness in this episode is probably just setting up his fail in the last 2 episodes. but I still loved it!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Very much enjoyed the first half. Fiona's self medication seemed very in character. I actually liked the flashbacks, they haven't used those in a while. Her proposal to the school board had me hiding my head in embarrassment for her. (but she's so cute when she's drunk. DX) I liked that Holly J kept asking about the medication, it showed that she cares and won't think of Fifi as crazy if she takes meds to help her deal with a very stressful time in her life.

I liked Adam in this episode simply because I didn't particularly like him. It makes me happy that he's not always going to be the one everyone gushes over "he can do no wrong". Because he can, and he's made a stupid decision. I'm a big Adam fangirl myself, but I like my characters well rounded. I'm excited to see how his plotline continues.

Riley... -_-; I'm getting tired of this... As soon as the scout came, halfway through the speech I said "Oh great, back in the closet he goes". And the promo basically said the same thing. He'll probably be officially "out" by the end of tomorrows episode, but seriously.... Riley is so frustrating for me to watch.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh-Canada (View Post)
Going into this episode I wasn't all that excited. It seemed like the last 2 episodes are getting all of the attention right now.
Really? I've been looking forward to this episode more ever since the episode descriptions came out for Purple Pills and All Falls Down. But Fiona is a favorite of mine and substance abuse/emotional issues are the storylines I enjoy the most.

I think Fiona's plot is being fleshed out nicely. I like all the details from the meeting with her attorney, especially seeing her watch Bobby's testimony despite her mother urging her not to. It was a great trigger for her downward spiral and Bobby's comments about Fiona being emotionally unstable was a believable reason for Fi to start feeling insecure in therapy about her issues and refuse medication. That was an interesting twist. I was expecting her to be prescribed an anti-anxiety medication that has a history of being abused but this doesn't seem to be the case. I'm fine with this though because of how the obvious message is that Fiona is self-medicating with alcohol instead of using an RX. I could watch Fiona's scenes over and over!

Riley's plot: I've watched this episode twice now and somehow I keep managing to miss the details of the scene where he puts himself and Zane in the king and queen king contest. How did he not think that people would know? I don't understand why he was freaking out over it being online...it would have been on the ballot too. Silly boy. Still, I appreciate that it was this spontaneous coming out moment and nothing over the top like when Marco came out to his dad during a school play. I'm appreciating it even more after reading Erin's comment about how Riley seems to want a schedule for the appropriate time to come out. His whole in or out thing still makes me go "awww, Riley." So happy for him after he handled the teams reaction to his coming out without freaking out and then discovers that he's being scouted for a sports scholarship. He had to have felt like things were finally coming together...but then realizes that people won't root for the gay athlete.

I don't really have too many thoughts on the Adam/Eli/Fitz plot right now. I enjoyed Adam's jealousy over the time his close friend Eli is spending with Clare and even how Eli was getting annoyed with him. I agree with you Erin about how it seems Adam is striking up a friendship with Fitz in some effort to get back at Eli or even just prove that he has other friends. I think it's going to build a nice bridge between whatever tension rises between the three in the following episodes.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:15 PM
New Fan

Someone said that we need a regular alcoholic on the show. Well after 2morrow im assuming fionas problem will get straightened out, we still have Bianca and Fitz. They only showed Fitz drunk one time, twice for Bianca, but Im sure with the way they have presented those characters to us they will be drinking again.

Loved this episode, Im a huge Fiona fan because I think she is amazingly beautiful, it was good to see another A plot with her. I loved her in the vegas outfit, and Mr Simpsons face when she had it on made me laugh, you could tell what he was thinking...creeper

I really hope she goes to court, that bobby guy needs to pay big time for what he did, and I think degrassi would be sending the wrong message out to everyone if she dosent go through with it.

As for Adam and Fitz, where the heck is this (gonna be shortlived) friendship comming from. I understand why Adam would open up to fitz because he was being dissed by his boy Eli but of all people fitz? and what was up with Eli's outfit, looked way out of character, but I guess maybe degrassi wants him to come off as less darker? idk

finally the riley/zane part, Riley flip flops more than Brett Favre does, make up your dang mind dude, either your in or out of the closet, stick with your decision. Since he already is out, there is no going back in the closet, so he just needs to suck it up and deal with it.
wolfpackfan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Addicted Fan

I have conflicting thoughts on this episode. I really enjoyed it overall and I thought it was a lovely change of pace from last week, which was kind of all over the place (also, I'm just happy my favorite characters are back). But certain parts of the episode struck me as really off.

The first being: Fiona's mother NOT EVEN MOVING when Fiona grabbed the DVD of Bobby's testimony. She's like, "Oh no... don't watch that... okay, cool, now you're watching it." Just... WHAT?! I mean I don't even get why it was laying around in the first place, why Fiona's mom told her exactly what it was, and why she made NO MOVE to turn it off. I mean, presumably she wouldn't have been able to stop Fiona from watching it but she barely tried. And I think she should have done everything in her power to protect her daughter from seeing that video. Fiona should NOT have seen it, end of story. So, I'm not thinking too highly of Ms. Coyne right now.

The scene with the psychiatrist prescribing her drugs without so much of a discussion. I guess... well, I don't really know how it works when someone is prescribed anti-anxiety medication. But I guess I felt like... it wasn't totally necessary and it felt like the wrong conversation for that moment. I need to watch the episode again but was Fiona exhibiting any physical signs of anxiety when the medicine was prescribed? Because I know her hands were shaking in scenes before and after the session, but I don't think during. I felt that the psychiatrist was kind of fed up and just throwing drugs at her to solve the problem. I'm not sure if that's what Degrassi was trying to show.

So other than those two issues I had with the A-plot, I thought it was otherwise fantastic. I'm not totally sure I buy Fiona carrying the prescription around with her everywhere she goes (it seemed more like a set-up to ensure Holly J found out) but then again, given Fiona's track record, she probably would. I really love Annie as an actress. The scene with her drunkenly giving her presentation was awesome... I thought it worked so much better than any "problem drinking" scene we've seen before (Ellie in season 7 comes to mind... ugh). Loved Snake's reaction too! I'm confused as to why Sav wasn't at the PTA meeting, but whatever. I liked how Holly J went off on her at the end, too. In a sense I was wishing she'd show more compassion but at the same time, she's Holly J, so I liked that they kept her true to character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I've watched this episode twice now and somehow I keep managing to miss the details of the scene where he puts himself and Zane in the king and queen king contest.
You know... I only watched it once, but I instantly jumped to the conclusion that Anya must have done it. Am I wrong for thinking that? I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open going "Anya, you bitch." I mean that would explain Riley's surprise that it went online, right? Huh, now I'm confused. Maybe it wasn't her. All I know is that if Anya was behind it, I'm not sure I can forgive her for that. Outing someone without their permission = NEVER ACCEPTABLE. EVER.

The scene with Riley and his teammates was... interesting. I'm not overly thrilled with how they were are cool with it after Riley got them all pumped up for the game or whatever. And he yelled out that he's in love with Zane? I mean, on one hand I'm happy for him but I'm just not sure I buy it. I don't know what I expected though. And I feel like the message continues to be "Don't be afraid to come out! Do it now! Everyone around you will immediately accept you!" That's the vibe I got from the football team. I feel that Degrassi is minimizing the enormity of homophobia and making it seem like it's all in Riley's head that no one will accept him. It's not just in his head. Of course I realize that a big part of the message is he needs to accept himself because he has a lot of internalized homophobia, but... ugh, I don't know how to explain properly how I feel about this but mostly I don't want everything to be magically okay for Riley if he ever decides to be fully out. I think his concerns about being out are very valid.

I loved the scenes with Adam. I never, ever expected him to sit down with Fitz... wow. I think I actually held my breath and waited for Fitz to do or say something awful to him, but he didn't. I'm positive it's a set-up for something big and terrible to come, but I liked entertaining the idea of them becoming friends. I loved how Adam was all sassy and pissed at Eli, and I wanted to smack Eli when he called Adam a girl. Wow. I'm not-so-secretly hoping Adam will branch out and make more friends in different circles. It's nice to see that he's still trying to figure out where he fits in, and I think we got to see a lot more of his personality, too.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread