Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't really notice the "eyes" comment as being creepy, but I know other people have mentioned it. I just think that I may have been too focused on how cute he looked and how cute Clare looked, and how cute they would look together, to notice.

I think Eli sort of says it, without meaning to. I mean, it will probably be something that he's thinking, but he really doesn't mean to say it out loud to her. But I do like the little smile he got out of Clare after he says it.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Extreme Fan

I think they just look cute together.
Even if the comment did come across as creepy I don't think Eli will be creepy.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupernaturalLuv (View Post)
You know what? I usually don't like the, "jock" characters. Except for Riley of course and Connor and Dave can't really be considered jocks, despite playing basketball---they are still my lovable nerds. But, I think that I may end up loving Drew. His reason for his confrontation with Riley, is obviously because they are both very competitive. He probably just really wants to be, QB. But seeing how good/sweet/caring and worried he is to Adam in the promo, makes me like him. And if he beats up Fitz and Adam's other attackers, I think that I'll love him.
At first he and Bianca were the characters I was least looking forward to but I've quickly changed my mind I think this group is going to be all around great! I do think that his confrontation with Riley won't be as bad as I originally expected (at least on his end). Even when he said "Mr.Gay" I think it was less the writers holding back and more because Drew doesn't really dislike homosexuals, he's just using an opening to get what he wants from Riley. I'm really looking forward to more Adam/Drew scenes.

Quote:
Fitz however? Probably not so much. His cruelty torwards Adam just kind of turns me off, sadly. And I am saying this as probably one of the BIGGEST Jay Hogart fans, ever! :/
I'm so disappointed because I actually kinda liked seeing Fitz around this season. It's a shame it looks like he's going to end up being truly cruel.

Quote:
They may just end up being one of Degrassi's cutest couples ever.
I think so too!

Quote:
I think that Eli and Clare could be really good for Adam. And vice-versa. I mean, we all know that Clare is a very good friend. If someone hurts them somehow, she stands up for them. And I think that Eli and Clare could/would show Adam that not all people would treat him badly/crappily, because of what and who he chooses to be. And Adam and Eli could open Clare up more and show her to be who she wants to be(which she already seems to be doing)

If they're friends with Adam---as they seem to be, then that could lead to them not getting along with Fitz either(which is why I don't understand how people could/can ever think that Clare would want to be around/date a guy like Fitz.)
I agree with this so much. I think it might help Clare branch out from her sheltered life as well. I think she'll find her self in lots of new situations with Eli and Adam.

I think it will be interesting if Fitz does have a crush on Clare (because he likes smart girls) and she ends up hating him because of what he does to Adam it could add a little twist to the storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
I'm not sure what to think of Eli. I like the look of him and Clare and they seem to have a good feel together. And I like that it seems he'll be there for Adam and whatever struggles he's going through. But, damn if that eyes comment in that one promo didn't border on the creepy for me. Still, looking forward to seeing him.
I still think this will sound better in context the way that conversation was cut in the promo makes me think there was something else leading up to it and not just as out of the blue as it seemed.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Loyal Fan

I really did think that Drew would be the one that I looked forward to, the least and my favorites would be Adam, Eli, and Fitz. But the more we see of Drew, the more I like him and think that I'll love Adam and Eli and really like Bianca and Drew. And that Fitz, who I honestly thought would become a favorite of mine---because I had very high hopes that he'd be Degrassi's new bad boy and would sort of be like Jay. But in the promos, he just doesn't seem like a very likable character. He'll bring drama, sure. But the fact that his purpose really seems to be to make Adam's life hell(when all Adam is trying to do, is be who he wants to be and who is just being who he identifies himself as, isn't hurting anyone with his choices) is just a turn off and makes me think that half the time, I'll be wanting someone to kick his butt. Adam/Drew could have a really good sibling/brothers relationship. I've liked all of Degrassi's other sibling pairs(Craig/Angela, Peter/Angel, Declan/Fiona, Sav/Alli, Clare/Darcy, honorary brother relationship: JT and Toby, etc.) I'm sure they'll do good with this one too.

Clare really has been sheltered all her life. Partially because of the fact that her parents are really religous but also I think, because of all the trouble Darcy has gotten into. I just sort of picture/pictured them becoming all the more protective after Eyes Without a Face and season seven, after they found out about Darcy's rape.

Fitz having a crush on Clare, and her not reciprocating could be really cool/interesting, because I don't even think Fitz would understand why she hates him/dislikes him.

Last edited by SupernaturalLuv; 06-30-2010 at 09:24 AM
Old 06-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

At first I thought Drew was a total jerk because that is sort of what it seems like in the first few promos, but after the scene with him and Adam I was like 'awwwww'.

I think Eli would be good for Clare. Same with Adam, I think the three of them will be good for eachother.

Yeah Fitz liking Clare would be funny exspecailly if she is friends with Adam.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Although he seemed like such a creeper when he said the eyes thing, all around Eli seems like he'll be a fantastic edition to the Degrassi family. Finally I'm looking forward to characters again! He was so cute in the carnival promo XD. I generally like Clare and I think they're cute together from what we've been shown.

So far Adam is my top new kid but Eli is second and I want to see more promos of him not acting questionable. Like the one second we see him and Clare when they're talking to Adam. That moment was adorable!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiko (View Post)
Although he seemed like such a creeper when he said the eyes thing, all around Eli seems like he'll be a fantastic edition to the Degrassi family. Finally I'm looking forward to characters again! He was so cute in the carnival promo XD. I generally like Clare and I think they're cute together from what we've been shown.

So far Adam is my top new kid but Eli is second and I want to see more promos of him not acting questionable. Like the one second we see him and Clare when they're talking to Adam. That moment was adorable!
I think that Adam and Eli will both be great editions. I would lol to see more Eli scenes. The scene where Eli, Clare, and Adam are talking is my favorite promo scene.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiko (View Post)

Honestly, I think that scene that he seemed like a creeper in/questionable, was supposed to look that way. It's probably part of a longer conversation/scene and they added it in there like that to make people question him. People are already wondering/questioning themselves and eachother on whether or not, Eli will have a part to play in the lockdown because of the carnival promo, where Clare pulled out the Death and Lovers Cards. It's pretty obvious what the lovers card is about, but the death card has everyone curious and probably a little bit on edge.

That was definitly an adorable moment! I'm sure everyone can tell that I love the idea of a Clare/Eli/Adam friendship.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Honestly, I think that scene that he seemed like a creeper in/questionable, was supposed to look that way. It's probably part of a longer conversation/scene and they added it in there like that to make people question him. People are already wondering/questioning themselves and eachother on whether or not, Eli will have a part to play in the lockdown because of the carnival promo, where Clare pulled out the Death and Lovers Cards. It's pretty obvious what the lovers card is about, but the death card has everyone curious and probably a little bit on edge.

That was definitly an adorable moment! I'm sure everyone can tell that I love the idea of a Clare/Eli/Adam friendship.
As I've said before: TeenNick loves it when people ask questions.

The death card could mean actual death(Check out what I said in the season 10 forum), it could have something to do with the lockdown, someone close to Eli may have died, it could have to do with his car.

In that scene he was questionable but it's because it's outta of context, I believe. I mean if he was creepy Clare wouldn't be seen hanging out with him right? So I think it's just TeenNick being dumb with the clips again.

(( Does this come across mean? Sorta sounds like it does to me. Of course it's the early morning/late night sometime where I am. Either way it's not suppose to be mean.))
Old 07-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsuiro-rainbow (View Post)
As I've said before: TeenNick loves it when people ask questions.

The death card could mean actual death(Check out what I said in the season 10 forum), it could have something to do with the lockdown, someone close to Eli may have died, it could have to do with his car.

In that scene he was questionable but it's because it's outta of context, I believe. I mean if he was creepy Clare wouldn't be seen hanging out with him right? So I think it's just TeenNick being dumb with the clips again.

(( Does this come across mean? Sorta sounds like it does to me. Of course it's the early morning/late night sometime where I am. Either way it's not suppose to be mean.))
No. It doesn't come across as mean at all.

TeenNick really does like to be dumb with the clips. I still remember how they had the talking ones' last year and made Clare seem clingy and Declan like a manwhore. None of which really happened, considering Clare never acted clingy to KC at all and Declan really didn't act like a manwhore since he only dated/got involved with one or two girls, before Holly J.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
No. It doesn't come across as mean at all.

TeenNick really does like to be dumb with the clips. I still remember how they had the talking ones' last year and made Clare seem clingy and Declan like a manwhore. None of which really happened, considering Clare never acted clingy to KC at all and Declan really didn't act like a manwhore since he only dated/got involved with one or two girls, before Holly J.
I know right.

Anyways I think Eli is going to be a nice guy and that him and Clare will be good friends and have a realationship later on.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsuiro-rainbow (View Post)
I know right.

Anyways I think Eli is going to be a nice guy and that him and Clare will be good friends and have a realationship later on.

I just don't think that he's gonna be nearly as "BAD" as the promos seem to want to make people think and believe. I think that he and Clare may be getting stuck in the lockdown, but as far as the cause of the lockdown? If it's because of something violent and dangerous, like it most likely will be, I just don't think that Degrassi would turn one of their newest characters crazy to shoot up the school/hold it hostage/put the students in danger.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I just don't think that he's gonna be nearly as "BAD" as the promos seem to want to make people think and believe. I think that he and Clare may be getting stuck in the lockdown, but as far as the cause of the lockdown? If it's because of something violent and dangerous, like it most likely will be, I just don't think that Degrassi would turn one of their newest characters crazy to shoot up the school/hold it hostage/put the students in danger.
Same here. I'm thinking that it is going to be an old problem ( or character) that just gets way out of hand. Maybe Clare and Eli will get stuck in the lockdown together.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Judging from the promos someone has some major beef with Eli I think it's K.C. cause he's beating the crap out of him. The answer is just Why? Not Eli too!

Team Adam/Eliam!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamandEliForever (View Post)
Judging from the promos someone has some major beef with Eli I think it's K.C. cause he's beating the crap out of him. The answer is just Why? Not Eli too!

Team Adam/Eliam!!!
I was origanally thinking Fitz but then after watching the promo a few more times I got KC to.

As for the why: Maybe the girl KC has been staring at is Clare and KC isnt happy about how close Eli and Clare are getting. Maybe Eli hurts Clare ( Not likely). Maybe KC is just a total jerk this season and he beats him up to cause trouble. Maybe KC's new friends told him to.

I still really want to say it's Fitz though. Maybe I don't want to think KC is a total jerk, or something.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread