Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2010, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Eli/Munro Chambers #1

ELI GOLDSWORTHY -:- MUNRO CHAMBERS #1

I love this boy already. In Much's behind the scenes sneak peek I found Munro to be really endearing and the Carnival promo just sealed the deal for me. Sometimes I think you just know someone is going to be your favorite.

What do you think about Eli?

Fans (yes we're already fans!):
1. Nekoshoujo
2. RickyandChucklover1
3. SupernaturalLuv
4. Mari_gee08
5. nanatsuiro-rainbow
6. All_Star07
7. Janah

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 07-14-2010 at 09:59 AM
Old 05-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Add me please!

This kid is adorable! And the promo really made me love him. I love when Clare lays down the Lovers card he raises his eyebrow. I can't wait to see his character!
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 05-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The carnival promo definitely has me interested in Eli. I think I'm going to be gushing over that promo for months. It was a fun fantasy sequence but smart enough to give us some clues to what's going on in season 10. I wonder what the death tarot card means...terminal illness...suicide?

I need to rewatch that Much behind the scenes thing again.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for the starting this thread. That death card definitely interested me. It could mean so many things, but at the same time I wonder if we're over-analyzing it? That's something I think we've all been guilty of with The N's/Teen Nick's promos.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 05-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'll be gushing over the promo for a long time too. So awesome. And the Eli/Clare bit was one of my favorite parts so mysterious and a little spooky!

The death card could be so many things. Did they want us to think of it literally? Or does it really just represent change? I think it would be interesting if Eli did have a terminal illness or was suicidal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyandChucklover1 (View Post)
Add me please!

This kid is adorable! And the promo really made me love him. I love when Clare lays down the Lovers card he raises his eyebrow. I can't wait to see his character!
Me too. He was so subtle~ I'm really liking the idea of him and Clare. It was only a few seconds but they had chemistry for sure. The odd thing here is that Munro and Aislinn played brother and sister in Murder in the Hamptons when they were little. From siblings to lovers?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm not sure if we are supposed to interpret the tarot cards as imagery with a straight forward message (death is death) or if the scene is hinting more at what is happening in Clare's lovelife; she pulls the lovers card and the next person we see is Eli. The death card means the end right? So it can simply mean that she there's a change in her romantic life. I'd be happy with either scenario whether it be something angsty and dark or a new love interest for Clare.

Now I want to go watch My So-Called Life's "Other Peoples' Daughters."
Rayanne : That's nothing. Last time I got death. Mom, show her death.
That's one bitchin' card.
Amber : Yeah, but it doesn't have to mean death. It means one door opens,
another closes.
Rayanne : Yeah, in your face.

Ah that episode was so good with weaving the tarot cards in!
Old 05-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am actually quite fascinated with Eli. The kid has got some serious potential and the part with them was really dark and mysterious. I wonder if it will be like Claude/Catelyn, dtng is known for reusing old storylines from old degrassi.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyPorter (View Post)
I am actually quite fascinated with Eli. The kid has got some serious potential and the part with them was really dark and mysterious. I wonder if it will be like Claude/Catelyn, dtng is known for reusing old storylines from old degrassi.
that's what i was thinking ! i really think that eli and clare are going to fall in love like claude and caitlin, then clare's probably going to break it off, and eli's going to commit suicide. i'd really like to see clare's reaction to that sort of thing, seeing as it would be a personal loss. and i'd also like to see what everyone else's reactions are - would kc be there for clare like joey was for caitlin ?
anyway, i'm really excited to see eli's character. i think he'll be an interesting addition, and that scene in the carnival got me really interested.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

I've see that Caitlin/Claude comparison to them before, and I liked the idea of them heading down a dark road together. But I don't want Eli to be killed off! I already love him too much!

Although I kinda like the idea of KC being there for Clare. Maybe they're tied to the lockdown because Eli gets hurt and KC comforts Clare while she's waiting for news about Eli. I dunno I guess I just want the best of both worlds.

I do think that whatever this storyline is with Eli and Clare it's going to be a really big one.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:58 PM
New Fan

I just saw him on the degrassi boiling points preview thing..Eli is soo darn cute!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Is anyone else wondering what clique he's going to fit into/what friends he'll be hanging around? My first impression of him in the "Shark In The Water" promo was that he's a skater. Or I just a sort of rough around the edges vibe to him. Which I like. Maybe he'll be friends with KC at some point? Can they get in trouble together? I'm looking forward to some bad boys (as bad as they get on Degrassi) on the show this season.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

I've been hoping for a KC/Eli friendship because right now KC is really isolated (really he only hangs out with Jenna) and I think Eli will be in 10th grade too. I just don't picture Eli being friends with the Dave/Connor/Wesley crew. KC and Eli both seem to have an edge to them especially since I get the feeling KC will be back to his bad boy roots this season.

They also seem to have the same taste in girls, so there's that.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Loyal Fan

May I please be added? I love the idea of Eli. He seems like he will be a great addition to the show and he seems as if he'll be good for Clare. And Munro is absolutely adorable. And I think I love Eli even more after seeing the "the Boiling Point" promo where he seems as if he's calling Clare out on being scared of being in another relationship with him after what happened with KC. It makes it obvious that he's interested and that he just won't give up easily when he knows there is something between him and Clare.

I could see KC/Eli being friends. Mostly because they seem like they'd have stuff in common and KC doesn't have any friends after what happened with Clare. Alli won't talk to him and we never really saw him talk to Connor much in season nine or anything. And it seems as if once Dave became friends with Connor and KC and Jenna began dating, Dave and KC didn't hang out as much anymore. KC/Dave probably won't even hang out much in season ten since Dave seems to be sticking with Connor and Wesley and Clare and Alli and all those people who were at Connor's party.(WOW! KC really is on his own. All his friends and his ex-girlfriend all moved on)

Last edited by SupernaturalLuv; 06-17-2010 at 02:46 PM
Old 06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

^ Added you <3

I totally agree about the new promo. I can't wait to see that scene. I'm wondering about it because it looks kinda dark. But I think Clare was wearing the same outfit as the first scene with them so it's probably all one episode. I hope they get an A-plot.

haha, that's kinda sad for KC! It makes me really sad that Dave and KC don't hang out anymore. They were awesome and I think they were good for each other. As much I love Dave being the dork king I think it would have made sense if KC and Dave had taken on kind of the Spin/Jimmy role of the alpha boys.

Here are some adorable and dorky pics of Munro from his The Latest Buzz days...

^ Love~

^ I guess this is gangsta.... for Canada.

^ ummmm.... better in context? o.O
Old 06-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks!

I'm interested in seeing the scene as well. I hope they get an A-Plot too. I think that they will. The Death card thing at the carnival seems to point to them being in the Lockdown or something.

It's sort of sad. He kind of...pushed them all away when he got with Jenna. I was sad to never see the KC/Connor friendship continue. But was happy that Connor got Dave(and now Wesley) because him having two female friends like he does, you know that things have gotta be evened out a bit. He's gotta have someone he can talk to that is the same sex since Calli have eachother. And KC justneeds friends. Period. He's like---friendless.

I was also one that was sad that the Dave/KC friendship never continued. It could've been great. And Dave does seem as if he's gonna be the leader of the nerds/king nerd judging by the promo and how Wesley and Connor stand behind him cheering him on/supporting him where Alli is concerned.

KC needs a guy friend and Eli could be that.

I like Canada's impression of "gangsta" much more than America's. Or to be more specific, how the boys used to dress when I was in school because their pants would never fit and you'd kinda want to buy them a belt because it was super distracting when their pants always fell down their hips.

Aw! Munro is so adorable and cute!

Although the last one has me laughing. It also has me puzzled. WTF kind of costume is that supposed to be? lmao.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread