Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
exactly. eli is too possessive though. he will do some lame ass gesture to get clare to stay with him.
I wouldn't be surprised.

Tumblr & Twitter
zoerivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

does she have to stay with eli in thunderstruck?
Old 11-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Think tonight will be the end of them? FINALLY? Yeah, I doubt it either. These two are not a surprise. Are TPTB really that afraid of the fan reaction of these two aren't endgame? And why? It doesn't seem like they are even that popular anymore.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh, I hate this. Why is Clare back to wanting to be with Eli? When did that even happen? I mean has she deluded herself into thinking that she has failed at life or something if she doesn't stick to her original plans of going to Columbia and being with Eli? Because somehow I don't believe she's really back to being in love with Eli. I mean when did they even fix their myriad of relationship issues? You know all the ones that sunk their relationship before she was pregnant with Drew's baby. How are the writers somehow making this Clew baby storyline all about Eli? How are they not using it to bring Drew and Clare closer and closer? Watching them try to return to EClare in the midst of her being pregnant with Drew's baby, a guy who she clearly has unresolved feelings for, is just painful and sad. They need to accept that EClare can't be fixed and let them all move on. There is just nothing left to salvage with EClare and it's dragging Clare and Eli down. They need to let each other go and just be friends. They were a disaster before she got pregnant with someone else's baby and pretending they can survive this is just ridiculous and laughable. I saw the promo for next week and I actually hope Eli decides he can't handle being with her when Drew is always going to right there. He should walk away and live his life and let Clare live hers and just be friends with her. Because EClare is never going to work romantically again. It's just not.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Eclare should have been "old news" when Eli graduated, but it's not.

Somehow, they are still keeping this going.
shance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Think tonight will be the end of them? FINALLY? Yeah, I doubt it either. These two are not a surprise. Are TPTB really that afraid of the fan reaction of these two aren't endgame? And why? It doesn't seem like they are even that popular anymore.
I used to love these two too bad I don't feel the same way anymore.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Am I the only one who finds their angst hilarious? Come TPTB admit it, the Eclare magic is gone. Time to let go.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Am I the only one who finds their angst hilarious? Come TPTB admit it, the Eclare magic is gone. Time to let go.
Especially, Eli's angst. He's turned into such a joke, now. He was behaving so immaturely, this entire episode. I can't believe I'm actually siding with Drew, on something.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
Especially, Eli's angst. He's turned into such a joke, now. He was behaving so immaturely, this entire episode. I can't believe I'm actually siding with Drew, on something.
me too.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Passionate Fan

It hurts. It actually does. I used to ship Eclare so much and now I can't see how I ever did.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
It hurts. It actually does. I used to ship Eclare so much and now I can't see how I ever did.
lady, I love your anti eclare posts and katies too on tumblr. so we're supposed to excuse eli for his behavior because he's bipolar?
Old 11-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going to need Clare to stop falling all over herself to make Eli happy all the time right about now. She better not be apologizing to him next episode. Maybe now that he's decided to go full on jerk, she'll get a clue and just stay away from him. I was pleased with her for siding with Drew after Eli's little immature meltdown, was kind of expecting her to defend Eli and blame Drew. Drew is really being the bigger man in this, he is really looking out for Clare's (and the baby's) best interest and all Eli does is make things are harder on Clare. Nothing about what is happening between E/C right now is romantic or likeable or rootable at all. I don't Eli, I really don't, and I think generally he is a good guy or at least he knows how to be but I really don't think he's right for Clare. And their history is not enough reason for them to be together. They just end up making each other miserable. And Eli always blames Clare for his problems. For a long time now any time something goes wrong in Eli's life and he decides it must be Clare's fault. And that is so unfair to her. She deserves better than this. I mean the nerve of him being all angry at her when he's the one who cheated on her, made her feel like crap and was just generally emotionally unavailable to her. Of course she wanted to be free from him. She was moving on with her life, something she had every right to do, and something unplanned happened. Eli is entitled to his feelings but he has no right to yell at her and act like she ruined his life. He's the one who ruined things between them. I think the sooner they realize they are not right for each other and stop forcing this the better. If they can just let go of this erroneous preconceived notion that they belong together they might have a chance at being friends. Which is all they ever need to be again.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't really know why these two are still popular and drew is the bad guy?
Old 11-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

The reason Eclare is still popular is what I've been saying all along: wish-fulfillment fantasy.

Girls who are likely slightly awkward/geeky (like Clare used to be) all want to be swept off of their feet by a cute misunderstood Edward Cullen-like "bad" boy who they can heal with the power of their love.

I'm seeing people all over Facebook who are cheering for some "shocking" plot twist to come up in which Eli is actually the father, so they can move to NYC and live happily ever after. I'm like... what makes you think someone who still acts like a spoiled 14-year-old is going to make a great father who'll be there for his child? What makes you think a couple as unstable as Eclare has always been will be able to create a healthy home for a child to grow up in? Constant drama, constant tension, constant "I don't want you talking to this guy who's getting in the way of our ~epic romance~". It will continue to be all about him somehow, and people like that should never be parents.

Drew has significantly matured from the "dumb jock" we originally saw him as in season 10. I feel he could, with some effort, grow into a caring father who does what is right for his child. On the other hand, Eli never really grew past the "misunderstood emo" stage. I can't see Clare pushing out his offspring making any long-lasting difference to someone who is as self-centred as he is.

I think Eclare has achieved an undeserved "iconic" status, too... the Eman (Emma/Sean) or Jaitlin (Joey/Caitlin) of this current generation. I never liked Eman much, either.
shance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shance (View Post)
Drew has significantly matured from the "dumb jock" we originally saw him as in season 10. I feel he could, with some effort, grow into a caring father who does what is right for his child. On the other hand, Eli never really grew past the "misunderstood emo" stage. I can't see Clare pushing out his offspring making any long-lasting difference to someone who is as self-centred as he is.
Drew has screwed up more times than I can count and will probably keep doing so, but I truly believe that he would (and will) make a great dad. We saw before that he's pretty good with kids (sans his first attempt at babysitting Rocky) and he's going out of his way to make sure Clare's eating right and that her and their unborn are fine. He could've easily taken Eli on - he knows how to fight - but instead he not only owned up to being at fault (even though Eli completely overreacted to the "crazy hothead" remark in my opinion) but beforehand, was suggesting that they stay out of each other's way. He didn't want to start crap with Eli.

Drew is terrified, but he's still stepping up. He's still trying. He wants to do right by Clare and their kid despite the fact that he has no idea what he's doing. Even before he made this choice, he took the news better than Eli. He didn't scream at her or blame her for messing up their futures. And he's stuck to his choice to stand by Clare and support her decision to keep the baby even if it means putting their own lives and aspirations on hold.

Eli? Eli flips out on her, tells her he "doesn't care" when she professes her feelings only to turn around and ask her out the following day like he's making some huge sacrifice by giving them another chance (how noble of you, Eli) and then flips out on her again when she tells him that Drew's going to be involved. Because God forbid she wants to have the father of her child in said child's life.

AND THEN HE CONFRONTS DREW, COMPLETELY UNPROVOKED, ASSAULTS HIM AND BITCHES AT CLARE SOME MORE.

AND SOMEHOW, DESPITE THIS HAPPENING LIKE TWO FEET AWAY FROM SPINNER, HE STILL GETS THE JOB.

Like... what the actual hell?

I hope to God this child doesn't turn out to be Eli's in some contrived plot twist because no. I'm so done with Eli at this point. He doesn't deserve to be with Clare or in this kid's life. Even if it's not Drew's, Drew would still make a better father than Eli ever would.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top