Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2014, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Haven't been here in forever but just stopped in to say I'm finally over Eclare. I'm actually a little pissed about it because if they had just ended them when Eli left for college it would have been natural and not feel so dragged out. When I think about what I really liked about them in season 10 and 12 it makes me a little mad because they got so far away from that. I'm more on the train now of just have the relationship then end it and move on otherwise it makes everything seem so tainted.

Eh they're really no good for each other.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Passionate Fan

^ You!

But yeah, I agree. Just end it. At this point, there's no salvaging anything about this relationship.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

^ yeah

It's not even the same relationship anymore. So what's the point of staying in the past? For nostalgia sake? Pass.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I mean... I'll always have a soft spot for what they were, but they're not the same couple anymore and the writers just need to let it die. It was a popular ship but it's not anymore. Their first breakup in "Drop the World" was heartbreaking to watch. The breakups that followed... not so much because we know they'll get back together even though they shouldn't. It's just unnecessary drama at this point and I can't help but roll my eyes. I honestly don't care anymore about this couple. They are like my least favourite thing about the show right now.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

I think the writers on this show have a bad habit of saying "oh hey that worked let's do it 500 more times" it makes things boring. In this case it kinda sucks because they had a perfect out with Eli graduating. But they love Munro so they had to keep the relationship so Eli would be relevant.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Ughhhh. See, if they had just had Eli show up at her graduation or something, I would've been fine with that. But no. Let's keep Eli around and have him cheat on Clare after only six weeks of being apart from her... and then apologize in the laziest way possible. And then not make any attempt to earn her trust back and only visit her after she breaks up with him... and then get pissy because how dare she give up on their "epic romance".

Keeping Eli around was a mistake, especially since he's no longer a student at Degrassi and therefore I don't care about his issues or what he's going through. Those should've all been resolved by the time he graduated. His journey is over, so let's focus on Clare and the other seniors before they go off into the world.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
Ughhhh. See, if they had just had Eli show up at her graduation or something, I would've been fine with that. But no. Let's keep Eli around and have him cheat on Clare after only six weeks of being apart from her... and then apologize in the laziest way possible. And then not make any attempt to earn her trust back and only visit her after she breaks up with him... and then get pissy because how dare she give up on their "epic romance".
And they seriously thought this was a good idea? They seriously thought anyone would actually enjoy this plot?

Quote:
Keeping Eli around was a mistake, especially since he's no longer a student at Degrassi and therefore I don't care about his issues or what he's going through. Those should've all been resolved by the time he graduated. His journey is over, so let's focus on Clare and the other seniors before they go off into the world.
And because we're not really following his storyline -those stupid unrealistic/random webisodes aside- we can't even care about how he feels. Why should we? We don't even know him anymore. And it actually takes time away from seniors who should be getting more attention like Becky or Jenna or Imogen or Connor.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Passionate Fan

^ Exactly. It's ridiculous. Eli's screen time is so unnecessary and just takes away from the seniors who should've gotten it instead.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I stopped watching Degrassi ever since they moved to Tuesday nights. So Eli is still around? He is like a cockroach that just won't die
Eva Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Unfortunately. I mean, he's in New York now but he still pops up whenever there's a Clare/Eclare related storyline.

Also, he has an entire four-part webisode dedicated to him.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I just realized that I can remember only one or two positive Eclare moments. All I remember about them is their drama and Eli screeching about Eli things.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Better Off Alone still holds up. I can't even watch that episode anymore because they seem like such different people. It's hard to remember that at one point they were unpretentious supportive friends with a cute flirty twist. And healthy.

Too bad that didn't last!
Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Passionate Fan

It makes me sad.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoshoujo (View Post)
Better Off Alone still holds up. I can't even watch that episode anymore because they seem like such different people. It's hard to remember that at one point they were unpretentious supportive friends with a cute flirty twist. And healthy.

Too bad that didn't last!
Too lazy to look up what they did in that ep. Was that the one when Clare was rebelling against her parents/the divorce and they went on a date, talked about authors, and got pierced? I have to admit that I liked that. I don't know if it was their best moment since it seemed like she was using him a bit to get even but I like it when Clare doesn't act like what people expect of her and Eli was for the most part quiet during that plot.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Too lazy to look up what they did in that ep. Was that the one when Clare was rebelling against her parents/the divorce and they went on a date, talked about authors, and got pierced? I have to admit that I liked that. I don't know if it was their best moment since it seemed like she was using him a bit to get even but I like it when Clare doesn't act like what people expect of her and Eli was for the most part quiet during that plot.
No but I liked that episode too. The first part anyway. I was talking about their "original" episode where Eli encourages her to write a letter to her parents telling them how they feel. Now that you point it out though Eclare was pretty solid through the whole divorce plot it was after that when the focus shifted to Eli that things went totally off the walls.

And now that I think about it, the focus never really shifted back. It was all about Eli's feelings after that. They basically used Clare to introduce their new star and just let her be a supporting player after that.
Reply   Post New Thread