Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiness (View Post)
Ironically, he knows about that (Drew) because only when he gets the 'goodbye' voice-mail, his ass suddenly finds time to see Clare. Yo, Eli, why couldn't you see her before the ultimatum?

Drew is only a small part of why; but it's not the entire reason she broke up with you. Sit down.
he seriously looks like he's going to do the dawson cry.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like eli got too many passes, such as crashing his hearse, villianizing clare in the play, how about poisoning fitz/s drink, not giving clare space? and to think I shipped them for that long. he blamed all his drug problems on her, and then he never apologized. I don't know how anyone can ship them after ray of light.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm happy that Clare gets to "move on" (with Degrassi, will we ever know?) from Eli, but I don't like how she had to cheat because the show is gonna use that against Clare. Like they could've have a plot where Clare realizes and concludes that she doesn't feel anything for Eli anymore, no Drew, but I guess they wanted to have one last Munro crying scene before he leaves for good.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalCouchPotato (View Post)
I'm happy that Clare gets to "move on" (with Degrassi, will we ever know?) from Eli, but I don't like how she had to cheat because the show is gonna use that against Clare. Like they could've have a plot where Clare realizes and concludes that she doesn't feel anything for Eli anymore, no Drew, but I guess they wanted to have one last Munro crying scene before he leaves for good.
after everything he's gotten away with though, eli is always going to be the angel.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalCouchPotato (View Post)
Oh, haha, I forgot about Munro being the only person who gets awards now. So, you think it's a ploy to get another nomination for one crying scene? Genius. Sincerely I mean that because it goes straight into the mind-set of the writers and producers.

Like I said, I don't think Drew is the reason/or he factors very little into her decision. Sure, I wish he'd be the reason; but then it'd be poor writing (we already have enough of that as of late) to set him up as specifically being the lone bomb inside Eclare's wedding cake. It's been building up even prior to Drew. Hell, it was before Eli crashed his hearse.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, haha, I forgot about Munro being the only person who gets awards now. So, you think it's a ploy to get another nomination for one crying scene? Genius. Sincerely I mean that because it goes straight into the mind-set of the writers and producers.

Like I said, I don't think Drew is the reason/or he factors very little into her decision. Sure, I wish he'd be the reason; but then it'd be poor writing (we already have enough of that as of late) to set him up as specifically being the lone bomb inside Eclare's wedding cake. It's been building up even prior to Drew. Hell, it was before Eli crashed his hearse.
clare's always been in the wrong in this relationship and eli is the angel.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Was anyone else annoyed with Eli's whole, "Are you REALLY over our epic romance?" speech?
Old 04-25-2014, 02:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
Was anyone else annoyed with Eli's whole, "Are you REALLY over our epic romance?" speech?
What would that be called...? Writer's Wank? I wish there was a rolling eyeball + masturbating icon combo here (NSFW, of course) cause it fits so much.

Yes, it annoyed me because it was like the writers were trying to pass off their history as the most amazing thing ever.

It felt like he was more upset with everything he had done for her as opposed to what she's done for him. Kind of like he was pissed she wasn't accepting his efforts (or lack thereof) as proof of his commitment.

It'd be like trying to contact your drunken lover and then they don't pick up the phone, but as soon as you leave some rambling message of how you're leaving, they suddenly find time to appear at your door, yelling at you to go to hell and how much of a bitch you are for leaving them.

I know he didn't call her a bitch or tell her to go to hell, but...come on, the way his voice was, it felt like he wasn't even trying to understand why she went to such lengths (leaving a voice-mail) to get her point across.

If we go by how he was not even talking to her during their date in Black Or White, you could tell he wasn't making any damn effort to work on things. That date was awkward as hell. Let's not forget he also saw the same film before - with Lenore - even before he saw it with Clare. That's a HUGE NO for a serious relationship because if you want to share a movie with your SO, you wouldn't watch it with another person (unless they're friends). I'm not saying every movie or film is special...but it goes along with that whole aspect of emotional cheating. He and Lenore connected emotionally (ahem, and physically) with movies (it seemed) and the fact they were in the same college/maybe had the same classes.

They both cheated emotionally and physically (well, Clare's physical part didn't come until after she said she was breaking up with him, so perhaps that physical aspect can be null and void for her side) with other people. Oops, I forgot about the kiss with Drew, but they were also broken up at that time, too (or 'on break', a term I really hate).
People are pissed about Clare never letting Eli know that she and Drew kissed (way before the Hoedown episode). Do they not remember how he reacted whenever she was talking to Fitz (not even doing anything to cheat)? Or when she failed to show up to their 'spot' (OH, HEY, GONNA GO CRASH MY HEARSE NOW lalala~)? Or whenever she was seeing Jake (after they were broken-up - where Eli responded by smashing a damn computer at the school lab)? Let's also not forget about his play dedicated to making her out to have banged Fitz and then he wrote another character in as a Jake expy just to piss her off. He changed the play to get her back into his good graces by making her 'the hero'.
I have nothing against Clare not informing Eli about the kiss because he would never have handled it rationally and God knows what he'd do if he reached his breaking point a 2nd time (probably 2x worse than Morty being crashed).

Anyway, for Eli to have been putting the blame on Clare for his cheating at the beginning, he didn't seem too concerned to make any real effort to remedy that on their date in Black & White (before the cat was out of the bag/Eli's cheating came to light). That was also shown again whenever he kept cancelling on Clare. The final time he cancelled, he never even gave any reason why, brushing it off and merely repeating what he said before about how he's missing her, blah, blah.
He's full of excuses and only came to see Clare whenever it was part of a plan to win her back as opposed to showing up like normal or at least explain why the hell he can't. But if he couldn't, why the hell did he show up to the Hoedown thing anyway? It blows my mind.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
I was lurking through here more out of curiosity. But this caught my eye.

That line was so-over-the-top. It's Degrassi, not Gone with the Wind. But I'm starting to wonder if the line was really meant as a condescending, sarcastic, jab. It was an absurd line and the writers knew it. It was as absurd as some of the reaction the demise of the relationship has been getting.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It's all that. It's also a reminder that no matter how much we hope we're rid of them, they can't be entirely killed off.

They're like a cockroach in that regard.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:46 AM
Absolute Fan

I've seen a few of those Principal video's with Stefan Brogren. He seems to be stomping on the grave of Clare and Eli. His disdain and and sarcasm is through the roof. Was he always like this when it came to Clare and Eli? I'd have to say I genuinely feel for their fans, the way he goes on.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
What would that be called...? Writer's Wank? I wish there was a rolling eyeball + masturbating icon combo here (NSFW, of course) cause it fits so much.

Yes, it annoyed me because it was like the writers were trying to pass off their history as the most amazing thing ever.

It felt like he was more upset with everything he had done for her as opposed to what she's done for him. Kind of like he was pissed she wasn't accepting his efforts (or lack thereof) as proof of his commitment.

If we go by how he was not even talking to her during their date in Black Or White, you could tell he wasn't making any damn effort to work on things. That date was awkward as hell. Let's not forget he also saw the same film before - with Lenore - even before he saw it with Clare. That's a HUGE NO for a serious relationship because if you want to share a movie with your SO, you wouldn't watch it with another person (unless they're friends). I'm not saying every movie or film is special...but it goes along with that whole aspect of emotional cheating. He and Lenore connected emotionally (ahem, and physically) with movies (it seemed) and the fact they were in the same college/maybe had the same classes.

People are pissed about Clare never letting Eli know that she and Drew kissed (way before the Hoedown episode). Do they not remember how he reacted whenever she was talking to Fitz (not even doing anything to cheat)? Or when she failed to show up to their 'spot' (OH, HEY, GONNA GO CRASH MY HEARSE NOW lalala~)? Or whenever she was seeing Jake (after they were broken-up - where Eli responded by smashing a damn computer at the school lab)? Let's also not forget about his play dedicated to making her out to have banged Fitz and then he wrote another character in as a Jake expy just to piss her off. He changed the play to get her back into his good graces by making her 'the hero'.
I have nothing against Clare not informing Eli about the kiss because he would never have handled it rationally and God knows what he'd do if he reached his breaking point a 2nd time (probably 2x worse than Morty being crashed).

Anyway, for Eli to have been putting the blame on Clare for his cheating at the beginning, he didn't seem too concerned to make any real effort to remedy that on their date in Black & White (before the cat was out of the bag/Eli's cheating came to light). That was also shown again whenever he kept cancelling on Clare. The final time he cancelled, he never even gave any reason why, brushing it off and merely repeating what he said before about how he's missing her, blah, blah.
He's full of excuses and only came to see Clare whenever it was part of a plan to win her back as opposed to showing up like normal or at least explain why the hell he can't. But if he couldn't, why the hell did he show up to the Hoedown thing anyway? It blows my mind.
I agree with your entire post, but especially those parts. I always forget how insecure he was over Clare and other guys. That never really went away because he was still hurt over her private journal, even though those stuff went on when she wasn't even with Eli. I hate how that issue got forgotten about because of Cam. And it's not even Cam, because it still became about Eli, so I don't get why they still couldn't talk about the journal.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
I've seen a few of those Principal video's with Stefan Brogren. He seems to be stomping on the grave of Clare and Eli. His disdain and and sarcasm is through the roof. Was he always like this when it came to Clare and Eli? I'd have to say I genuinely feel for their fans, the way he goes on.
I think he's just being typical Stefan (douchebag). Most of everything he says is usually not serious, which is why more people were upset about the response he was giving to them about Adam's death. He was not being serious/just resorting to typical behavior/not going out of Stefan is a Douchebag character.
I don't think for one second he's against Eclare. He wants to act like a snarky teenager and it just looks pathetic.

He makes money off of directing episodes for them, so why would he have anything against Eclare? He's paying lip service to those that hate the pairing, all while still lining his pockets from directing episodes involving them, lol. Basically, don't take what he says to heart. His sarcasm is so weak that it comes across as bad acting.

NocturnalCouchPotato: Yes, I forgot about the journal/diary entry that Eli 'read accidentally' since it had fallen out of Clare's locker or off her book pile. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't read it, just because curiosity always bites me in the ass and I take a bite of that apple of temptation . 9 times out of 10, that has happened with me. I've gotten better at being honest about it, though, which is kind of what causes the guilt to pop up - when you're lying about doing something that you know you should be upfront about. It still sucks that it occurs. Got to have self-control (note to myself).

Eli didn't have any reason to be that hurt. Didn't he -almost- 'seal the deal' with Imogen that time they were making out in his room? Tbh, since they wiped out any mention of Lenore and Eli doing the deed, I have a feeling that Eli and Imogen actually did have sex that night when he called her Clare (who the hell makes-out that damn long?? Didn't Imogen say they made-out for two hours or some ****? I know kissing is hot, but it usually leads to other...things, like sex, duh, cause those hands be roaming when you are in the heat of passion). The same time when Eclare were broken-up? And Eli was still damn determined to make Clare hurt like he (supposedly) hurt.

The writing has been really bizarre with these two in regards to their history. Clare talking about Eli taking 'a year' to get over his dead ex-girlfriend was...very...odd. No, no, writers, it was less than a year, but keep putting bs in the dialogue. He moved on really quick.

Back whenever I hated Clare, I was really pissed about her yelling at Eli about getting over her (whenever she essentially left him to begin with - I get why and sympathize with her moreso than I had previously); but now I understand better why she was frustrated. He had taken over her life and then when they meet back at school, he's all zoned out and 'normal' after he had nearly killed himself and also scared the hell out of Clare.
Now I understand that it is almost like if your kid tries to kill themselves, then after all the bs you, as the caretaker/parent, go through, the kid is guffawing and all like, "I was joking about wanting to die, lol, don't have a cow, you should have seen how worried you were!" Like, you'd be raging so bad. This kid has the gall to make a mockery of a serious situation and laugh, even though I was scared ****less at the fact that I was going to lose my child!? Yeah, I'd imagine that was why Clare was so upset with Eli's care-free behavior after the deliberate crash of his hearse.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Fan

"Our story can't end this way!" Oh my god, I rolled my eyes so hard they almost fell out of my head. However, it appears Ecrap has become a complete parody of its former self, so maybe this was the writers' attempt at comedy. If so, kudos! Truly hilarious way to end a truly atrocious "epic romance."
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Some people are mad that Clare didn't tell him about her kiss with Drew on Thanksgiving but like... Eli wasn't even going to tell her (or at least, it didn't look like he was planning on it - too busy texting and ignoring her) until he thought she had found out about his infidelity. And then he had to come clean.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top