Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Want to add the previous thread to the OP JustMe? http://www.fanforum.com/f191/ecrap-a...ever-63006012/ I was just doing some tidying up of the board guide and thought I'd mention it. You can add me to the unsupporters list too. I'm kinda hesitant to ask and I feel like I should just say that anyone who posts here doesn't have to worry about me treating threads unfair because I don't ship Eclare.
I used to a lot, that's whats dissapointing. Eli is always the right one and clare isn't.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for the reminders, Nicole. I'll do that stuff in the AM.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

these two need to end.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Someone recently made me realize how Clare's crush on Drew/the kiss is probably going to cause fans to dislike her instead of Eli...when he was the one who cheated first! Strange and a bit upsetting. It is always Clare's fault. Why can't she just love him enough right?

Another thought: I've never been convinced that Eli would go for Clare. I guess they have the writing in common but honestly I just see him being critical of her interests and her style. It would be like Stephanie Myers and Stephen King dating. I can't see him taking her seriously. Oh but wait...she has pretty eyes.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Someone recently made me realize how Clare's crush on Drew/the kiss is probably going to cause fans to dislike her instead of Eli...when he was the one who cheated first! Strange and a bit upsetting. It is always Clare's fault. Why can't she just love him enough right?

Another thought: I've never been convinced that Eli would go for Clare. I guess they have the writing in common but honestly I just see him being critical of her interests and her style. It would be like Stephanie Myers and Stephen King dating. I can't see him taking her seriously. Oh but wait...she has pretty eyes.
Tbh, I wouldn't be that surprised if Myers and King dated because they're both horrible writers with inflated egos that need to be checked at the door. That date-from-hell would end in murder. The plot-twist is that nobody ever finds out who killed who. I mean, since Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes ended in suicide (I lol'd because there were some recent articles about Ted Hughes on Google from 11 hours ago, what).

I noticed that Imogen is still defensive about Eli (I guess that seems logical seeing as she was used by him as well as Clare in Season 11). So while they're not exactly BFFs, she still holds him as an important friend...so she immediately goes to telling Clare not to hurt him or Immy will hurt her. Ouch. You go from mad-crushing on Clare for her hair, then right to 'hurt Eli and I hurt you'.
Ramona, what the actual fresh hell are you doing??! I'd understand it more if she thought someone was hurting Fionz, but not Eli.

Eli is the type that seeks out people who are like Clare (but she's maturing more and ruining his plans - unlike Bella's ass). Hell, they were put together because they 'so hated' eachother.

Alli flip-flops between hating Eli and wanting Clare to ruin her life by continuing to be with Eli (even when she told Clare that she needed to figure out whether she wanted to be with Eli or not, it seemed more like she was forcing her own opinion by sighing outloud like 'stay with him or I will kill you myself'). I can't tell if Alli's trying to side with Clare (or what she thinks is her being on Clare's side of the issue) or ****ty writing since Alli has a different opinion about Clare's love-life each time she's talking to Clare about Eli or talking about Eli/Clare.

Connor's character flip-flopping makes sense in regards to his Asperger's. Sometimes we either overly question things to the point of ad-nauseum or we don't question anything at all and merely go along with things (kind of like what he did with Eli) naively. We also tend to talk people's heads off about random unimportant things for nearly hours without fully realizing how much time we've taken.

Think we could add Becky to the list of show characters that don't pair Eclare? She seemed more on-board the ship of Clare finding someone else.

Clare needs to put her foot down like she did in Season 10 (infamous hearse crash). It almost seemed like Eli was whipped when they got back together in Season 12, but I guess that was all a lie.
Please add me.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this must be a pretty big eclare hater:
Eli/clare-Drew isn’t perfect but at least he’s grown from his mistakes and shown capacity for change. Eli has always been jealous, possessive and emotionally manipulative in his relationship with Clare. Maybe he’s just passionate but passion must be held within certain limitations before it crosses a line re: Eli driving his car into a wall to get Clare’s attention. I’m not saying Eli is a bad guy nor am I saying that Drew is somehow better. However, within the context of their relationships with Clare, Eli’s relationship with Clare just isn’t healthy.

They have a huge issue with honesty
Eli cheated on her
Clare is falling for another guy while dating Eli
Eli is so emotionally attached that he’s been willing to put himself in danger just to get her attention
Eli’s short story about Clare (“the hero kills the heroine and drinks her blood so they can be together forever”)
Clare used Eli as a prop to piss off her parents
She becomes over-controlling when it comes to any issues he may be dealing with (re: Cam’s death)
Eli blames his struggles on her but at the same time expects her to be the cure all for his problems
His apology for cheating was ****ty af
Basically, Eli needs time to focus on himself and become strong as an independent person before he can enter a healthy relationship imo
On top of that, feelings have obviously changed if both Eli and Clare can seriously entertain the thought of being romantically involved with other people. Lets remember: Eli acted on his feelings towards Lenore WHILE he was dating Clare and Clare kissed Drew AFTER she found out about Eli’s discretion and they were essentially broken up. Everyone loves bringing up Drew’s past indiscretions in their criticisms of Clew but what’s important to focus on is that although Drew has cheated on other girls, he’s never done anything to hurt Clare. They clearly bring out positive change in each other and if you didn’t notice their relationship buildup then you weren’t paying attention to the show. They’ve seen each other through difficult times - Clare’s cancer, Adam’s death - and they’ve been able to rely on each other during these times for support and encouragement. In 13x22 Drew lied to Eli for Clare which is a huge indication of how important she’s become in his life. The “you guys are going bungee jumping?” scene is so pivotal because in that moment you finally see Drew doing the noble thing despite his own feelings towards Clare. He placed Clare’s relationship with Eli, which he perceived as a source of her happiness, before his own.

I don’t doubt that Eli and Clare love each other but when a relationship brings out more bad qualities in a person than good it just doesn’t make sense to continue it when there are other prospective relationships you can explore in which each person brings about positive change in the other.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's been years since I've watched Season 10, so...damn, Eli in Jesus, Etc.
Throat-slitting your gf ain't cute.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm not sure what the writers are trying to accomplish.

At this point they've dragged Eclare out for so long... only to have Eli cheat on her but have Clare take him back after some lazy ass apology, only for Clare to fall for Drew instead. Like... do they want Eclare to be endgame or not? Because half the time it feels like that's what they're aiming for but the other half of the time it's like they want to pull another Spemma.

I'm done with this pairing, but I'm angry that they're basically dragging Clare's character through the mud just to make Clew happen and make Eli the victim or some BS like that.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
I'm not sure what the writers are trying to accomplish.

At this point they've dragged Eclare out for so long... only to have Eli cheat on her but have Clare take him back after some lazy ass apology, only for Clare to fall for Drew instead. Like... do they want Eclare to be endgame or not? Because half the time it feels like that's what they're aiming for but the other half of the time it's like they want to pull another Spemma.

I'm done with this pairing, but I'm angry that they're basically dragging Clare's character through the mud just to make Clew happen and make Eli the victim or some BS like that.
So freaky! I just responded to you on Tumblr!

I think Clare was already slowly falling for Drew during the election (I mean, he was being nice to her and stuff after the election ended and she was going through some bs with Eli), then you know, the prom happened and Eli 'won again' with a horse-drawn carriage literally. Then the hospital with Clare's cancer, Adam's death, and going back to school to be President & Vice-President with Drew.

Clare doesn't owe Eli anything; but I am honestly shocked they haven't had her randomly -hook-up- (have vigorous sex) with Drew or anyone else. Like, that'd be the nail in her character's coffin in the eyes of Eclare fans (or rather the side that detests her for kissing Drew or having any type of happy moment not with Eli aka how I felt about Clare not too long ago).
Clew is happening slower than I'd have thought because...come on, Degrassi writers taking things slow (unless it's related to a court case like Asher)? But yes, they are already painting Eli out as the victim since he's not been told about Clare's crush on Drew or the kiss and having her make the fake profile online. Aside from that cringe-worthy move on her part, she's acted not that bad.

Going by the commercial promo, she's confused about how she feels (which points to her breaking up with Eli, buuuut knowing this show, she won't or she will leave him only for a day and then go back because true love!).
Old 04-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Extreme Fan

EClare's current situation is very confusing. It gives me Emma/Sean vibes when Sean went off to the military and she was growing closer to Damian, with her long distance break up being really unpopular. I'm confused for why the show wants to make Clare look like the bad guy in this relationship for cheating, considering she's the one still one but Eli isn't. At this point, I think Clare still comes off better than Eli, but I don't think she'd be healthy in other relationships yet. They're made for each other, in that way.

I'm also confused for why Imogen is still defensive over him. It just feels like the writers are trying to prop him up, like "see, he's still liked by some people!".

It's weird how season 13 is, well, almost over isn't the right phrase, but this time last year, I was excited to know what the first post Eclare season would be like.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Fan

I have to disagree that Clare is being dragged through the mud. I think her crush on Drew goes to show that she's only human. Eli isn't around and he's been a pretty terrible boyfriend lately. If fans want to "blame" Clare for their inevitable breakup, it's silly. I don't see Eli going above and beyond to prove that Clare is the love of his life. He shows up whenever it's convenient for him. He is totally "phoning it in" (literally and figuratively). I think Clare is scared to throw away a relationship that meant so much to her for so long -- but she is excited by the possibility of something "more" (Drew). She never gets to see Eli anymore, but she spends time with Drew every day and the connection she feels with him is overwhelming. Meanwhile, the connection she feels with Eli has become essentially nonexistent. How is Clare supposed to feel? I think anyone who blames her, but not Eli, is being ridiculous... just imagine yourself in her shoes, with a boyfriend who is a thousand miles away and too busy to put any effort into the relationship. Even if Drew didn't exist, Eclare would be doomed.
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

preach it!!! he's going to cry when he sees Clew together. This whole relationship needs to end. They're not good for each other anymore.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It's almost gotten to the point where they are completely boring despite all their drama. We all know they aren't ever going to end. Will I be surprised tonight Degrassi?
Old 04-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's almost gotten to the point where they are completely boring despite all their drama. We all know they aren't ever going to end. Will I be surprised tonight Degrassi?
we're drifting eli, we're drifting. so this is what you broke up with me for? him?
Old 04-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
we're drifting eli, we're drifting. so this is what you broke up with me for? him?
Ironically, he knows about that (Drew) because only when he gets the 'goodbye' voice-mail, his ass suddenly finds time to see Clare. Yo, Eli, why couldn't you see her before the ultimatum?

Drew is only a small part of why; but it's not the entire reason she broke up with you. Sit down.