Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shance (View Post)
I was thinking about something. Clare arrived on the show as a character with a lot of potential. It's sad that, over the years, she more or less just became the audience insert in the Eclare relationship. It's such a shame that she was wasted on this. We saw glimpses of "the old Clare" when Adam was a relevant part of her social circle and when Clew was a thing, but she always just ended up being an audience self-insert for Eli's love interest in the end. She went through many years of wasted potential.
I'm not really sure how these two better each other, but I used to know.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Friends, I have a feeling this is going to be a hard one for us to watch.

But, at least it's the last time we're going to see them!

I think. Better not give them any ideas.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can not believe tonight. Ughhhh
Old 07-31-2015, 10:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

I gagged at the promo, ugh i know they have to be endgame but its just like really Eli? He has to take a night that is everybody's night and make it about him and Clare. I find that obnoxious.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It could have been worse I suppose. Of course they still had to end the final episode that all these characters were going to be in on their kiss. Of course.

And I'm just going to choose to believe that during the next year Eli will once again do something really stupid and Clare will finally say "enough of this crap" and move on with the rest of her life.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I laughed because exactly, they had to have it pan out with their kiss But at least its over and they are gone.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm actually happy with the way this ended. I was so frustrated over the years with how Clare, who started out a strong and intelligent girl who I found to be a good role model, degraded into the wish-fulfillment character that young girls who had the hots for Eli could see themselves as. I'm happy that they're sending off Clare this way, free to make her own decisions and not be tied down to Eli. She can go off with him if she likes, but if she does, it's her decision, and she's not being guilt-tripped or manipulated into it like she's been so many times with him. For once, it's about what SHE wants and not what HE wants.

My hope was that she'd end up with Drew since that relationship was far more interesting and brought out the best sides of both characters, but I was thinking realistically.

I know they had to make EClare endgame. Most fans (as well as the actors and TPTB, supposedly) see it as this generation's iconic couple, and we all know how the fandom reacted to what they chose to do with Emma. This ending is good because it's being left up to Clare, and fans can imagine how things will go no matter what they think of this couple.
shance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's just a relief. No more finales revolving around Eclare. No more bizarre excuses to have Eli return. No more miniseries for a character who has already graduated high school. And on and on..
Old 08-03-2015, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

endgame is grosses but at least we dont need to see them anymore! yay!
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

they were endgame the most toxic couple on the show.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
they were endgame the most toxic couple on the show.
Let's face it. What would happen is this:

Claire would take her gap year, do things for herself, and Eli would hate it. He would not get enough attention. He would do something bad, like cheat, or something else crazy. Claire would realize she feels so much happier when she focuses on herself. They would not work out, like most toxic HS relationships don't.

And then I would like to believe that in a few years, her and drew, find themselves back to each other, realizing that they're relationship was the healthiest and most fun.
I could feel everything he was feeling. I could feel his loneliness. For the first time I was really seeing Max Evans, I saw me as he saw me, and the amazing thing was, in his eyes, I was beautiful. - Liz Parker
DaiSy TiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have no faith in the writers as far as far as this couple goes. Even if it's realistic that it would end, I know it won't. This pairing is seen as iconic. TPTB have had Clare run back to him several times even when she should have been smart enough to leave him for good, and if they could keep these characters around, I know they'd do it again.

I even have a feeling that they will find a reason to bring them (or at least Eli) back.
shance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiSy TiFF (View Post)
Let's face it. What would happen is this:

Claire would take her gap year, do things for herself, and Eli would hate it. He would not get enough attention. He would do something bad, like cheat, or something else crazy. Claire would realize she feels so much happier when she focuses on herself. They would not work out, like most toxic HS relationships don't.

And then I would like to believe that in a few years, her and drew, find themselves back to each other, realizing that they're relationship was the healthiest and most fun.
exactly Daisy. exactly. They threw clew away for this?
Old 08-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

For me, the intense Eclare hate isn't even necessarily about preferring either with someone else. Even though my heart will always belong to Cake. :p Eli continuously treated Clare like pure garbage and the fact that he repeatedly got away with it sickens me. They actually gave them an open to interpretation ending, but OF COURSE the writers had to ruin it by confirming that they end up together forever and ever, amen.

Last edited by ChinaTequilia; 09-19-2015 at 09:34 AM
ChinaTequilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really like Clare and Eli themselves and even as friends in the beginning but not as couple. Elis obsession with Clare in his bipolar phase was creepy. It became better but it was never gone completely. And for me an obsession is not love that´s why their relationship feels unhealthy to me.
But I guess there are people out there who like being obsessed over because it makes them feel special. Not that Clare would need something like that and who knows the year exploring could be a real eye opener for her and make her an autonomous person who doesn´t need to fall back to Eli again and again.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread