Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi Next Class: Episode 401 - #BackToReality (7-3 CA, 7-7 Netflix)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). This includes links to episodes posted on YouTube and other non official video streaming sites. Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

Degrassi: Next Class - Season 4 - Episode 1 - #BackToReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap2it
Grace and Jonah keep their relationship on the DL and Tristan starts back slowly at school. Esme is willing to do whatever it takes to keep her man. (Zap2It)

Last edited by kaleidocat; 07-04-2017 at 04:34 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for starting these threads. We're hoping these threads will generate some nice discussion as more people see the episode. Enjoy the season everyone.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Chelsea has been live tweeting the episodes as they air on Canada and making me miss Esme terribly. I just met her, why is she graduating this year?

I want to see her family! These tweets were a great tease for me as an Esme fan. And they weren't too spoiler-y. And now they are documented here for all time. Or until Chelsea deletes it.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Esme is the most obnoxious person ever I really cant stand her character. I thought she was being super insensitive to Maya and what she went through. Zig is just trying to be a friend. (btw i loved all the ZM moments!). Then her blaming everything on Saad? IS SHE FOR REAL. I hate this girl. Then Zig flipping out on Saad was a bit much. Saad was a jerk too though with **** shaming Esme. And punching Zig? The dude clearly has some issues.

Grace/Jonah are cute but I understand Grace's frustration with keeping things a secret. Who cares what Frankie has to say about it. But I do think she overreacted just a tad. She should have just told him she didnt want to keep it a secret instead of flipping out at him. I thought it was cute when he sang the song for her.

I didnt really care for the Yael plot at all but I think her SL may get more interesting later on.

Glad to see Tristan back at school.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

This episode had me cringing me more than season 3, but in a good way, the way that I think was intentional. But I think I was nearly making myself sick over Zig and Esme. No wonder a news article described her as "Hurricane Esme." I think we should call her thread "Weapon of Mass Destruction." I hate it but I love it. I mean, why in the world was I craving a scene where Esme confides in Maya about her Mom? That would never happen! That isn't Esme. And I think her reaction was a more interesting one. She's traumatized from finding Mom and she hates that Maya dug up all those old feelings. And that is compacted with feelings of jealousy because Maya is Zig's ex. I think I can understand why Esme is resentful. It isn't really about Zig. It is that Maya is going to be okay and Esme doesn't have her Mom. She would trade the two in a heartbeat. Is Esme going to ever want to understand these feelings? When she's older, probably. Or if that school shrink can grab her in the halls.

I'm bittersweet that Saad opening the roof door for Maya is being revealed because the students are not going to be happy with him. The students are out for blood looking for someone to blame for her suicide attempt, even though no one should feel guilty. I feel bad for everyone involved.

I'm just trying to ignore that a Rick Murray situation could develop here with Saad's isolation and his peers looking for a scapegoat. But I love seeing his point of view. Or this episode was warming up to that...